[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macross II: Lovers Again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: gigamesh.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
gigamesh.gif
1MB, 500x375px
What do you guys think of Macross II? I've heard a lot of people say it's bad, but I just watched it and I liked it a lot. Yeah, it really doesn't feel like SDF Macross at all, but the action scenes and mechanical animation is excellent, and I thought Ingues was a cool villain.

My only problems were that the last battle was a bit of a let down, and Feff's fucking awesome Gigamesh was discarded before the last episodes.
>>
I enjoyed it. It covered an interesting angle of the whole "brainwashing through singing"-thing the series got going on.
>>
>>14588101
I thought it was fine. Not great and it definitely had some iffy writing, but not really bad either.

I like to think that this board either classifies something as "Good" or just "Shit". There's no spectrum, just black and white. So when something like Macross II isn't great then it automatically must be shit.
Not all people here do this, by the way, just the really stupid ones who lack any semblance of critical thought.
>>
Not the worst nor the best, it has some good designs and some interesting stuff that doesn't have too much screentime. Overall it's just very dull but watchable
>>
I owned the vhs tapes back in the 90's but I've only seen it a couple of times that's how underwhelmed I was. Compared to plus which was one of the core anime used to convert normies alongside stuff like cyber city, ninja scroll and ghost in the shell.
>>
>>14588101
I thought it was okay. It's not the greatest thing, but it was serviceable. The Valkyrie looked good.

Not sure why it was written out of canon, though. It's actually doesn't affect the story line of the later shows at all besides that the nomenclature of Valkyrie generations being a little anachronistic.
>>
File: 56987412654753.jpg (37KB, 274x500px) Image search: [Google]
56987412654753.jpg
37KB, 274x500px
>>14588101
Actually had one of my favorite girls in all of Macross.
>>
I liked the Macross Cannons and that one fight with the Metal Siren that didn't suffer from quality.
>>
>>14588139

Yea, rather than being straight up bad the general consensus seems to be that it's just boring and that that's bad. I certainly thought it was dull. I can barely remember anything about it a few years out because it just left no impression on me. I did like the main character being a reporter as an idea. I just don't think the story did anything with it. I've never been tempted to re-watch it either.
>>
It was pretty meh. But the animation was nice

Fuck that romantic conclusion though
>>
>>14588250
This, Ishtar deserved better.
>>
>>14588412
You are 100% right
>>
File: 40097879_1.jpg (481KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
40097879_1.jpg
481KB, 600x800px
>>14588412
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.