[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/m/, how can you be expected to operate a giant robot, when you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Ryoma.png (290KB, 462x361px) Image search: [Google]
Ryoma.png
290KB, 462x361px
/m/, how can you be expected to operate a giant robot, when you can't even drive a car with a manual transmission?!
>>
you just need GUTS!!!!
>>
>>14584702
Doesn't Hayato say the levers don't actually do anything and they're there to help visualize? Or am I thinking of something else?
>>
What sort of retarded mecha would have a manual transmission?
Most mecha run off of a hydraulic or electrical system, there wouldn't even be mechanical linkages for power transmission.
>>
>>14584899
He is saying that, if you lack the coordination to use a manual, then you will lack the skills to control a mech. At least that is what I am getting from it.
>>
>>14584899

Excellent reading comprehension you got there, retard.
>>
>>14584899
Vertical Tanks in the Steel Battalion universe.

I believe it's actually semiautomatic in execution if my memory is correct, but that still amounts to manually selecting each gear.

Something something something controlling the torque of the leg actuators something something something don't ask me the details, physics is straight up wizard nonsense to me.
>>
>>14584899
This one?
>>
>>14584847
I don't recall anything exactly like that, but in SvN Hayato explains that the levers have microphones in them and Neo Getter's special attacks are all voice activated instead of an actual command input.
>>
>>14584899
I love you
>>
File: lorryarm.jpg (59KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
lorryarm.jpg
59KB, 500x332px
The day I learnt to drive one of these was the day I fully understood how to animate a mecha anime.
If only I could draw of course.

Basically when you use a purely hydraulic system you can "feel" the power you input going through the arm and the arm responding accordingly, so if you're doing it with jerky movements the arm is going to move like shit and you risk to let the people on top fall to their deaths.
When you do it nice and slowly it's the exact opposite, but the feel of direct momentum you get is something I probably only saw in Giant Robo and Big O.
>>
Can anyone here drive stick. It was the first thing my father taught me to drive, when I became old enough to learn to drive.
>>
>>14586827
My winter car died in December so I had to get a new one. Only thing available in my price range at the time was a manual.
Those were a painful first six weeks.
>>
>>14584702
Cause I can play Steel Battalion.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.