[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Domon the best gundam pilot the franchise has to offer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

File: domon is gundam.png (226KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
domon is gundam.png
226KB, 576x432px
Is Domon the best gundam pilot the franchise has to offer?
>>
>>14578093
He's not a pilot.
>>
Norris Packard was probably the best conventional non-newtype MS pilot of the gundam franchise
>>
>>14578093
That's not how you spell Shiro Amada.
>>
>>14578117
He really didn't do all that much, the only actually impressive thing he did was latch onto that Core booster.
>>
>>14578114
What is he then?
>>
>>14578153
A martial artist.
>>
>>14578153
a mobile G Fighter
>>
>>14578153
THE KING OF HEARTS
>>
>>14578153
THE GUNDAM OF GUNDAMS
>>
>>14578153
A WONDERBUG
>>
File: 1467765166021.png (89KB, 925x583px) Image search: [Google]
1467765166021.png
89KB, 925x583px
>>14578093
Lets be fair, he isn't a good pilot, he just uses literal magic, and cheats to victory.
If you had Char train with master Asia for the same amount of time as Domon, he would probably be a better fighter. Domon just has an unfair advantage of being a bootleg DBZ character who just so happens to own a giant robot, that can keep up with literal DragonBall magic.
>>
>>14578201
>dbz invented magic martial arts

Get out.
>>
Is Domon peak Newtype?
>>
>>14578216
Im making a parallel between the two, Im not claiming that toriyama was in anyway creative.
>>
>>14578153
Operator
>>
>>14578201
I highly doubt Char even with Master Asia's training would be a better fighter than Domon and while he isn't in anyway a conventional Pilot we can say Domon is at least in the top two fighter wise if only because we dont have a great gauging on what Master Asia's power was at his prime
>>
>>14578292
Remember that Master Asia was basically dying of space cancer the entire series
>>
>>14578201
Get off Char's dick. Goddamn.
>>
>>14578201
>He thinks Ki is magic
I bet you think the Biosensor is magic too.
>>
File: 6951e50266146e6a07d2764935520e2e.jpg (192KB, 793x1148px) Image search: [Google]
6951e50266146e6a07d2764935520e2e.jpg
192KB, 793x1148px
>>14578093
Not really. Domon has the advantage of being a superhuman martial artist in a world with perfect mocap tech and a mech that can pull stunts as ridiculous as he can without problems. If you put him at the controls of a regular MS (which they do have in G, they even have some with a Xabungle control scheme for some reason) he wouldn't fare nearly as well.
>>
File: 1352079445337.png (858KB, 3148x4673px) Image search: [Google]
1352079445337.png
858KB, 3148x4673px
>>14578117
The Violator and Prince Ali have him beat.
>>
With the MTS? Probably, since he specializes in super martial arts. Without it? Hell no.
>>
>>14578544
Got more of these comics?
>>
>>14578093

Best Pilot?
Nah, i doubt he even knows hot to work a proper MS.

Best Fighter?
Second only to Master Asia.

What you have to remember is that the God Gundam isn't a Mobile Suit, it's a Mobile Fighter.

MF are ridiculous when you compare them to MS. No MS can move with that much range of movement and that much limb speed without breaking down.
>>
>>14578625
The thing about mobile fighters is that they're technically worth a nation's entire military budget except Nether Gundam that's the budget/30 so of course they're way better than any MS.
>>
>>14578312
Exactly thats why I said we don't have a great gauge for all we know maximum prime Master Asia is strong enough to punt whole colonies
>>
>>14578133
>That's not how you spell Shiro Amada.
>>
Domon doesn't really pilot his Gundam, it just mocaps his moves and amplifies them.

Best non-Newtype pilots are probably Yaz an, Ali al-Saachez, and Asemu Asuno.
>>
>>14578312

Dying of it didn't seem to impact him physically outside of dramatically appropriate moments, so I doubt non-cancer Master Asia would be hugely stronger.
>>
>>14578652
isnt it implied that some countries and even Japan have a few Mobile Fighters that audition for the position of official representation? like the Mirage Gundam, or Turtle Gundam or Ferrari Gundam?
i mean then its like if Zeonic or Anaheim, instead of making an array of MS's and weapons they just focused on one all in one suit to represent a benefactor.
like we at least know France had a tourney to decide its Mobile Fighter and pilot. and the fact that the Colonies had all those extraneous suits to throw at the Devil Colony implies something similar.
but yeah i think that there are only a few Gundam's per country for a given Gundam Fight certainly explains their high movement abilitys and various specs.
also, ya know...
FUTURE Century
>>
>>14578201
Domon has been training with Master Asia since he was a child.
>>
>>14578625
>Second only to Master Asia.

He beat Asia.
>>
>>14581145

Some people won't count it because Master Asia was sick. Which is silly in my opinion, since the sickness didn't seem to hold him back physically most of the time.
>>
>>14578201
char you are a fucking faggot

and faggots can't learn martial arts fuck off you fucking pedophile.
>>
>>14581178
>Which is silly in my opinion, since the sickness didn't seem to hold him back physically most of the time.
Except for the parts where he later starts to almost collapse from exertion.

The problem is that we don't have a frame of reference for Master Asia at his best. Without an animated series detailing one of the prior Gundam Fights or the antics of the prior Shuffle Alliance, we won't be able to establish how badly Master Asia was impacted by his disease in the show.
>>
>>14581487
00/seed style "reimagining" of G Gundam with Master Asia would be fucking lovely
>>
>>14581501
Hm, I think it'd work as a seven-to-ten episode OVA - to better tie it in with G Gundam, they could even have the meat of the series all be past-tense. Like, have Master Asia training Domon be the actual period the show is set in while all the other stuff are campfire stories from Master Asia and his inner monologue. Give it a nice bit of unreliable narration.
>>
>>14581487
well theres 7th fight but i dont know if you'd consider that "his prime"
>>
>>14578093
Thats not how you spell Kira Yamato
>>
>>14581487

> Except for the parts where he later starts to almost collapse from exertion
> most of the time
> Except for

Why do you think I said most anon? It caused him to falter as dramatically appropriate, but there's nothing to indicate he wasn't performing at 100% whenever he wasn't feeling that strain.
>>
But damn he acted like a brat throughout most of the series.
>>
I tried watching G Gundam when I was younger and found it to be kind of clowny and I didn't really get into it. What exactly does everyone find appealing about it? I'm not trying to be a dick, I want to try watching it again, I'm just wondering if I went in with bad expectations or if its just not my cup of tea.
>>
>>14578117

He's the most overrated one, sure.
>>
>>14578201
>>14578230

Excuse me sir, he's meant to be a Saint Seiya bootleg, thank you very much.
>>
File: 1344612797848.png (195KB, 440x308px) Image search: [Google]
1344612797848.png
195KB, 440x308px
>>14578093
>doesn't pilot anything
>doesn't even become a Gundam himself

>>14578117
Ramba > Norris
>>
>>14581487
Well, there was a manga of the time he became the King of Hearts and was named Shuuji Kurosu. Don't think it was ever translated, though.
>>
>>14587499
ramba ral was just a bitch sore loser
even after amuro owned he all he did was complain how it was just the suit that did all the work
>>
>>14587506
Ramba Ral was giviing Amuro a hard time. Norris died like a bitch against a total scrub like Shiro whose an over-rated faggot and a barely average level pilot himself.
>>
>>14587290
part of it was nostalgia, but for one thing the story is a lot more character focused than other Gundam shows that get marred in military and political conflicts.
as a result the character conflict (and especially the series romance) for the series tends to stand out.
its also hot blooded as all hell,yelling, fighting and frendship are corner stones.
its also more fantastic (though not the most fantastic thing in a franchise with aliens and space magic), like the main antagonistic force is a terraforming ai driven gundam whos programming is corrupted and it seeks to destroy humanity using its self replicating all purpose Grey Goo. and on top of that it has some of the most fun Gundam designes in the franchise
at lest that my two cents
>>
>>14587290

Besides what >>14587771 said, it's actually very good at what it does. The series really has a lot of love put into it from the director, and he really wanted even such a fantastical world to feel real and lived in.

I would suggest rewatching the series, and after each few episodes read the corresponding sections of the G-Files (the text interviews with the director Imagawa).

https://mega.nz/#!D4diQLj

He talks about every episode in detail and what went into it, it really gives you a better view of the show.
>>
>>14581145
WITH THE HELP OF KIYOJIIII!!!
>>
>>14578585
Not that anon, but I could provide the images...but first I must recover them as i accidentally reformatted my portable hard drive.
>>
I wonder if Domon, with his insane skill, would survive combat against Kamille or Amuro in the Nu.
>>
>>14590165
Simply on the capability of the God/Shining being wacky martial arts suit, he'd win by unconventional power unknown to UC. Amuro and Kamille, while ridiculously adapted for UC, are only adapted for fighting on UC terms and likely couldn't deal with fireballs and super modes. My opinion, but I do think difference in universe/mech makes a difference that pure skill can't compensate for.
>>
>>14587872
Is it just me or is the Mega link down?
>>
>>14578201
>he just uses literal magic, and cheats to victory.
Every fighter in G had superpowers, it was hardly cheating.
>>
>>14590322

G Gundam armor:

Gundarium alloy super ceramic composite
rare metal hybrid multilayered materials

question is , can beam rifle/beam saber penetrate those armor? if yes, then Amuro/Kamille can win especially if the fight happens in space
>>
>>14590570
only domon's beam saber does penetrate, but not sure about beam rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IquqouiOa8g&t=3m55s
>>
>>14590381

Shit, it is?

I can reupload it then. I was the person who ripped the interviews off the dvds in the first place.
>>
>>14590570

It takes a LOT to significantly damage a gundam from G, and they take plenty of hits so it's not like they're just dodging.
>>
>>14591427

Here, new link, reuploaded

https://mega.nz/#!qhNgFBSD
>>
>>14590691
John Bull Gundam had a beam rifle, did it penetrate any armor or just make a lot of glancing hits?
>>
>>14591438
You need to give us the decryption key. Post the longer link.
>>
>>14591491

Fine, here
https://mega.nz/#!qhNgFBSD!7nV2epwSiRraO5hNUzv9BFcRoukg8cH9i6Yzv-NwyIo
>>
>>14578743
Garrod Ran would like a word with you.
>>
>>14591709
Garrod gets points for trying very damn hard and doing well, but he still has trouble sometimes. He's not a bad pilot, but it's fairly clear that he relies on the suit's ability and power, like when he went into space and got his Double X beat up.
>>
>>14591483
De Sand didn't get penetrated from it.
>>
>>14592075
you could probably make an argument for Beam Weaponry being less powerful on Gundam fighters as to preserve the integrity of the Gundam's so they wouldn't just blow up killing the pilot
>>
>>14578093
>Is Domon the best gundam pilot the franchise has to offer?

No, but he's the second or at the worst third best Gundam pilot in all of the franchise.
>>
Are mobile fighters stronger than angels?
>>
>>14594088
Shining/God Gundam is certainly stronger. The others would need hyper mode to get past an AT Field.
>>
>>14594148
Besides Devil Gundam, right? Who would win between those two, I wonder. I'd put devil down for beating and corrupting everything, outside of maybe that giant one falling from the sky.
>>
>>14594186
well i mean Devil Gundam has Grey Goo at its disposal, and thats a hard card to beat.
i mean DG Cells can be destroyed, but they can also make Devil Army, and the Gundam Heads, it can self repair, and the Gundam itself can pack a wallop itself
>>
Honestly, the best non-Newtype pilot in the UC is probably Kou Uraki
>>
>>14578093
>angsty teenager controlling angst-powered robot
no. He's still cool, tho
>>
>>14591543
thanks, Anon.
>>
>>14591432
The Shuffle Alliance took massive explosions to the face and only needed a few days of repair. They don't even need to be modified for space combat, they just lasso a rocket and get to curbstompin'.
>>
>>14597444
>20 years is still a teenage
>>
>>14587290
For me and maybe a lot of other people, the cheese factor worked in its favor. On top of that it was one of the few, if only, Gundam shows where the political aspect took a backseat to everything else. But the character focus more than made up for it.

G Gundam was basically for people who wanted to see Gundams smacking each other around and doing crazy shit, without the political parts of the story.

Speaking of G, did the reboot Manga ever get scanned?
>>
>>14597567
Was that the only point of my post you could refute?
>>
>>14598439
the rest is true
>>
>>14598439
nobody is gonna deny that Domon is basically mad as fuck (for good reason) for most of the show.
>>
>>14594088
Can we replace shinji and unit 001 with domon and god gundam for the next eva series?
>>
>>14598439

Not him but
>not a teenager
>not so much angsty as always angry, and justifiably so. Angsty implies moody, not rage-filled
>Shining Gundam was strengthened by anger, not angst
>>
>>14598676
What about all his sorrow?
>>
>>14598136
i dunno, G Gunamd side material gets the shaft for some reason
it'd probably be translated by now otherise
though ive heard that the author is heavy Allenby fan and it shows by turning up the romance in her and Domon's relationship pretty hard and making Rain seem like a petty bitch, though Rain and Domon still get together in the end.
goddamn I want to read 7th Fight so bad
>>
>>14598741
>the author is heavy Allenby fan
Good taste. I wish Rain stayed with the turk so Allenby can be happy.
>>
>>14578093
The Astray guy, and the Crossbones guy were pretty good. So was Asuna.
>>
>>14598486
Until he get's the God, then he goes full woman mone in emotions from HK till the end.
>>
File: 1454040157422.png (152KB, 438x420px) Image search: [Google]
1454040157422.png
152KB, 438x420px
>>14578549
Ali is actually a pretty mediocre pilot. He was able to survive that long against gundams because he got under the meister's skins.
Hell, he was losing badly against a drunk Irish cyclops until FLAG FIGHTER suicided into him.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.