[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hero literally fights the universe to save his waifu >Waifu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 9280318.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
9280318.png
29KB, 633x758px
>hero literally fights the universe to save his waifu
>Waifu disappears from reality because that was the price to pay for victory
>Understood that it's part of the cycle of life and that's what the waifu wanted in order to save the universe and people that she loved

Why is Guren Lagan the best anime and is it the Evangeleon of our timw
>>
Technically Gurren Lagann failed to be the Evangelion of our time because Anno started making the actual Evangelion of our time right after.
>>
>>14572194
... Shin Gojira?
>>
>>14572191
Why didn't he just share his life energy with her by splitting it for the rest of his natural lifespan, poetically taking the metaphor of "until death do you part" to the ultimate extreme,
Also by doing so sacrificing his ability to use the massive Spiral Power which he has rammed against every problem he has ever encountered from that point on thus leaving things to the next generation, to take care of the future as he makes way for them.

Seems easily as meaningful or more than "waifu dead, gonna become a hobo now".
>>
>>14572191
>wife dies
>he becomes a hobo instead of reviving her

Wasn't he just tired of the ol' ball and chain?

After all, she couldn't even cook.
>>
>>14572220

He didn't do it in show because she was already dead and had been since she became an Anti-Spiral messenger. She held on once he made her human again so they could be married but he didn't want to cross that final barrier and bring her back from the dead (or more precisely, she didn't want him to) since she believed that a person who has died should stay dead and only live through their legacy, improving things that way - instead of by living beyond their time to try and impose their will on to proceeding generations, which is basically what her father did.

Simon, for his part, was never interested in fame, technology, leadership or any of that stuff. He just wanted to live a quiet life, exploring and drilling. Which he did once she was gone, with the addition of planting flowers in the movies. He left what he'd made to be inherited by future generations since he had no interest or skill at anything bar fighting and felt himself unnecessary for the world he'd made, same as he did during the time skip when he let Rossiu take over because he couldn't lead at all.

As a story end it could definitely have been better done and him not being willing to break that barrier because he feared becoming Lord Genome or creating the Spiral Nemesis could definitely have been better done, but that's the apparent reason.
>>
>>14572847

>I didnt understand the theme of the show
>>
>>14572897
>>14572191

No matter what people say about Gurren Lagann, I will always hold this ending high. I knwo a friend of mine said that Simon not reviving Nia broke the tone of the show, but I always took it as the most honorable and best thing Simon could have done in the show.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.