[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wings of Rean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: wings of rean.png (1MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
wings of rean.png
1MB, 852x480px
What the fuck am I watching? Even for a Tomino anime, this is a clusterfuck of a story. Why is everyone randomly spouting exposition material? This OVA takes Tomino-speak to a whole new level.

No, seriously: what the fuck am I watching?
>>
The 21st century Japanese man's spirit.
>>
File: 1.png (298KB, 852x477px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
298KB, 852x477px
Ok, this is hilarious. I think I'm going to get drunk first an then continue watching. I actually pissed myself a little laughing at this scene.
>>
File: 2.png (312KB, 850x483px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
312KB, 850x483px
>>14571979
>>
>>14571955
You're watching what happens when a 12/13 episode show gets put into 6 episodes.

Settle in for a ride, anon. It's not just Tomino, it's 200% Concentrated Tomino.
>>
>>14572003
>You're watching what happens when a 12/13 episode show gets put into 6 episodes.
More like six books put into twelve episodes crammed into six. Rean is a clusterfuck of endless proportions.
>>
NEVER EVERY DIED
>>
>>14571955
As far as I got out of it, something about a dude summoned to Byston Well but not really, so there are two of him.
And he can learn stuff and send it to his Byston Well him and eventually the Wings filter back to real world him?
I think?
>>
File: tomino.jpg (46KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tomino.jpg
46KB, 800x600px
>>14571955
>people will defend this shit just like they did with G-Reco and blame the pacing on lack of episodes as opposed to Tomino just being an awful director
>>
>>14572196
You're thinking of Garzey's Wing.
You know, the one about making sense of convoluted situations and showing the ancient japanese man's spirit.
>>
>>14572246
Am I? Shit, well at least I knew wings were involved.
The post Dunbine stuff involving Byston Well kind of blends together for me half the time, honestly.
>>
OP here again, drunk as fuck and stuck in the middle of episode 3 when suddenly the blondy's friends are at the royal palace and they're discussing how to bring Japanese technology into the fantasy world when all of a sudden one of them says clams are delicious.

I thought alcohol would make this more enjoyable. But now I have a massive head ache...
>>
>>14572243
I'll still defend Tomino as a director overall, but with the provision that he's really, REALLY not suited to short productions.

Give him a full series and his style has time to really expand and you can get some interesting things out of it.
Give him a short series or a movie and it's like someone's cut the brake cables.
Outside of providing some particularly strong individual sequences (especially in film) the shorter productions just aren't his strongest style.
>>
>>14572412
Not so sure about short series, but his non-compilation feature films were great. Yes, I'm one of those people. I really liked F91 and CCA.
>>
SRWUX actually fix the story's flaw and actually makes it very touching. They make Sakomizu a very sympathetic villain.
>>
Welp, I give up. I only started watching while waiting for King Gainer to download anyway, which had an awesome first episode, so fuck this shit.
>>
File: 1454957406380.png (26KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454957406380.png
26KB, 280x200px
>>14574669
>King Gainer
>which had an awesome first episode
>>
>>14572412
He lucked out with Zambot 3, but then again that was in the 70s during his early days, so it was pretty straightforward (plus I suspect it got cancelled due to the NINGEN BAKUDAN thing).
>>
>>14572003
> 200% Concentrated Tomino.
I need to see this. I know what I'm downloading when the Nadesico torrent finishes.
>>
File: shot0001.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0001.png
3MB, 1280x720px
>>14574708
Yes, and it got better and better. I'm at episode 4 now, and King Gainer has every chance of turning out to be one of my favourite Tomino anime.
>>
>>14572003
>>14572015

I don't think it's just that, since much the same thing happened to F91 and that's much more coherent. That got cut from a full TV anime to a 13 episode OVA to a movie covering the first 13 episodes worth of content.
>>
File: shot0001.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0001.png
3MB, 1280x720px
>>14574756

I finished it today. The last 2 episodes were amazing. A shame about the other 4. This could have been a nice series,

(Gainer is great through and through though. Pic related.)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.