[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are these funnels propelled?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

Honestly these shield funnels don't have any jet or booster like any other funnel used in UC atttached to them, So how are they flying?
>>
newtype bullshit
>>
>>14567824
Evenso particles
>>
>>14567824
look at the psyco frame extending from the shield
literally newtype magic
>>
>>14567824
Unicorn is so terrible
>>
I assume through an effect similar to minovsky beam drive using minvsky particles, the shields i fields, and newtype hax.
>>
>>14567824
tldr the writer went for his own interpretation of psycoframe and banrise passed it off as official.
>>
>>14567824
Pretty much everything about the Unicorn is newtype magic bullshit
>>
>>14567824
The same way Amuro and everyone on Earth MOVED A FUCKING ASTEROID WITH THEIR MINDS
>>
>>14567871

> Magic T flies around on its own
> Axis moves under the power of psycoframe
> Wahhhh...Fukui just made it up all out of nothing and Lord Tomino would never desecrate grolious Gundamu with such a thing
>>
>>14567879
>I didn't read the book
The writer did have some stupid ideas about Psychoframe.

There's some time for laughing at Tomino cocksucking, this isn't it.
>>
WE
>>
File: 25.jpg (164KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
164KB, 1200x960px
Why does the unicorn awakened mode not have a definite color? The hg looks closer to green while the RD looks almost blue.
>>
File: 1225749407217.png (5KB, 163x119px) Image search: [Google]
1225749407217.png
5KB, 163x119px
>>14567931
>awakened mode
>>
>>14567893
>hating on Ideonite
>>
>>14567937
OK, Final Battle Ver.? They're all different official names for the same concept, the NT-D form from episode 7.
>>
>>14567950
Don't mind Snapfag, he's an idiot.
>>
>>14567893

No, this is exactly the time. Just because Fukui had ideas on psycrframes origins doesn't mean Tomino didn't do the same physical thing.
>>
>>14567931
The RD and the model kits are made by two completely separate divisions of bandai who have little connection to each other. They both went with their own interpretation and mix for the color.
>>
>>14567975
Huh, you'd think there would be a general consensus on what the color is, not just somewhere between blue and green. Both of them look fine though.
>>
>>14567879
>>14567960
Okay no, see, I'm all for shitting all over Tomino but the big difference for me here is that the Psycoframe pushing back Axis was a big moment meant to at the time finalize the happenings of that portion of Universal Century. It was magic plot device bullshit, absolutely, but it was done as a one-off thing in response to extreme circumstances and to close out the story with the very specific message. Unicorn just takes that and makes it an excuse to have overblown psyker magic thrown all over the place as the MC machine's gimmick.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>14567824
They use a miniature axis shock for propulsion. Banagher's power level is literally that high.
>>
>>14567824
The Force of Will
>>
>>14568038
They base the stuff off of notes, lineart, and the series. Sunrise probably didn't provide a specific color to them and they each just went with their own interpretation.
>>
>>14567824
This>>14567866.
>>
>>14568118

It's a big moment in the film but a writer of a franchise he doesn't own shouldn't expect that just because he writes something with an intention that the people who own the franchise will abide by it. And frankly, I'm off the opinion that a writer shouldn't just write in some new aspect and never expect it to be used again anyways, current owner or not. Not even for a final moment and message to close out a story. Or two characters in this case.

You take his intention that it be a miracle as the defining aspect. I don't. I take the emotional core of the moment as the defining aspect and think any of the technical aspects that created it in universe it are free horses for the stable to use. Tomino wrote in a magic T floating around with no apparent motive power and the same thing moving an asteroid, Just because he intended it as a once off miracle whose constituent parts would never be touched again doesn't mean he wasn't writing in those things moving under mind power.

Even if it was Fukui that wrote that aspect in to Unicorn, and I'd have my doubts, since Banrise seem to be behind a lot of the actual story outline and decisions (we know they dictated that Unicorn awaken for for instance), I would place no actual blame at his feet and think no worse of him for that. He's a shitty writer for other reasons (Marida for instance), but not because he made use of something Tomino had already introduced.

So yes, I feel it perfectly appropriate that when someone is acting like what Unicorn does is beneath Tomino and should never be in Gundam to point out that Tomino did the exact same thing. He did it for better reasons and he did a better job of it - he still did it though. So acting like it has no place is just ignorant.
>>
What is it about anime fans that makes them snap and lash out at the stupidest bullshit? You're watching a show about psychic teenagers flying impossibly large robots and fucking shields flying without propellant/jets is what triggers your autism? You should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>14568809
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1412489677443.png (103KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1412489677443.png
103KB, 500x500px
>>14567824

SHEER FORCE OF WILL

no but seriously inside each funnel is a haro which contains a rem rei circuit which resonates with full possesion shurouga whenever the pilot is angsty
>>
>>14569007

>rem

i fuct up guise :(
>>
>>14567824
Wacky newtype magic
>>
>>14568144
Is it just me or is there something wrong with Australia here? What's that giant blob attatched to the right of it?
>>
File: 1412636217804.jpg (32KB, 413x413px) Image search: [Google]
1412636217804.jpg
32KB, 413x413px
>>14569029

neo austrailia
>>
>>14568144
>>14569029
Hold on here, based on that picture it seemed like Axis was going to be dropped to Australia or at least nearby region.
Did Tomino hates Australia that much?
>>
>>14569203

It's unlikely to have hit Australia since the planet would almost certainly have rotated somewhat by the time of impact and Axis itself was almost certainly not falling in a straight line regardless. Australia was more likely shown because it'd be recognizable yet different and so stand out more.
>>
>>14567824
the gats are propulsion
>>
>>14568885
Stick to old WWII documentaries if you want realistic bullshit, grandpa.
>>
>>14569029
>>14569203
could also be a misshapen north america, with the gulf of mexico in the bottom left corner. if it is, then either the great lakes are in the wrong place or Operation Stardust made a big fucking lake in the breadbasket.
>>
File: I'm overthinking this.png (364KB, 787x441px) Image search: [Google]
I'm overthinking this.png
364KB, 787x441px
It might be the southwest coast of Africa. The clouds suggest coriolis forces which are consistent with the equator being somewhere around here, which would be a decent fit for its location in Africa.

Of course, this relies on the highly unlikely assumption that the animators understand how the hell large-scale weather works, but whatever.
>>
Literally telekinesis. Why is /m/ retarded?
>>
I love the dragonball z power creep of unicorn and I love anyone who unironically tries to defend it
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.