[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Unicorn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: unicorn.jpg (422KB, 1422x1406px) Image search: [Google]
unicorn.jpg
422KB, 1422x1406px
Slow anon here. On rewatching Unicorn, I finally understood Full Frontal's goals. So this is just about recreating the Asian co-prosperity sphere in WW II to exclude Europeans?
>>
>>14561492
Basically
>>
What was Banana's plan for the box then? Reveal it to the public to get spacenoids more rights?
>>
>>14561492
Yeah, and Mineva noted that it would just create another power imbalance like what happened between the Zeon and EF during the OYW. All he would do in the end is perpetuate the cycle of violence. You kind of have to wonder why he would want that. They keep it secret just because it's always neat to have some mystery, but my theory is that Full Frontal is just a controlled Jupiter-sphere puppet. Jupiter will always profit by having Earth and the Sides fight. Hell, the Jovians were behind Zanscare, and Paptimus was also related to the Jovians, there's probably little doubt they're behind most conflicts.
>>
>>14561687
Or that he does not care about the future strife, only the one infront of him. Once Zeon takes power, he can think about how to keep the earthlings down after. Which seems to be the plan for most of our historical leaders.
>>
>>14561687
It is also interesting to link this to WW II, where if Japan got to keep her co-prosperity sphere, ignoring the point where the rest of Asia are puppets and slaves to Japan, the Europeans, deprived of their colonial resources (especially rubber and oil), would start another world war to acquire it when the economic pressure of their civilian population boils over.
>>
>>14561492
But is he forcing them back to the negotiation table to form a joint government or is he going to side line them forever economically?
>>
>>14561864
i assume he would incentivize immigration to space somehow to drain the population of the EF then force them into some kind agreement

he's not dumb enough to think that the space co-prosperity sphere would last as-is for an extended period of time
>>
>>14561903
Somehow I like this kind of plan better than his old ways of forcing people into space. I may actually side with his platform on this topic.
>>
The catch is that by switching power to the colonies the majority of humanity benefits. 3/4s of the human population is in space in UC with those on Earth either being too poor to go to space, military, or upper class elites that would be able to afford relocating to the colonies anyways.

In a worst case scenario it might force people to relocate back to Earth because they can no longer afford to live in the colonies.

The most interesting part of Frontal's entire scheme is that he spent the entirety of Unicorn killing off Zabi/Zeon loyalists as well.

It's ironic that the most level headed reform plan to ever hit UC is considered atrocious and horrific by everyone around.
>>
>>14561903
Think the co-prosperity sphere will degrade into each side forming a party and duking it out for their own interests?
>>
>>14561926
full frontal isn't char though ofc, he has his own distinct personality/consciousness. he wanted to make his mark on the world uniquely instead of just giving in to his cyber newtype programming and acting 100% like char.

rip full frontal, i thought it was sad that char's newtype ghost or whatever appeared to him at the end also
>>
>>14561937
If he was running for election I would support this plan.
>>
>>14561940
if they dont arrest every shareholder and board member for anaheim electronics and nationalize the company it will lol
>>
>>14561947
So the only thing he did wrong in the end was not believing in the possibility that spacenoids and earthlings would come together nicely and form a non-discriminatory government? The one they failed to form anyway despite Banana's efforts?
>>
>>14561964
So we either need fascism or communism.
>>
>>14561966
pretty much. Full Frontal and Char will remain 100% correct although char was too extreme.

>>14561976
maybe not that far but the entire upper levels of AE should be tried for fucking war crimes. how many backdoor deals have they done with the Federation or Zeon remnant groups that lead to expanded conflict? sure FF benefited from it but they are snakes. they can't be trusted in a peacetime environment imo.
>>
>>14561993
You have to either spilt it into multiple smaller companies competing with each other, or another mega corp would arise with the same corruption issues.
>>
>>14561993
>>14561966
So really Banagher and the new type's "perfect communication" represent youthful optimism not grounded in reality.

I wonder if Banagher grew up into a bitter old man by the time the next war rolled around.
>>
>>14562040
sort of. like banana has a point too but it's too idealistic. not everyone is a newtype. newtypes can be psychopaths too (char, scirocco). communication and understanding won't solve all problems.

it's not a bad ideal to strive for though but their execution is too simplistic.
>>
File: Fuunsaiki.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fuunsaiki.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
It's a veiled attempt to bridge UC with FC. The colonies gain so much power that the elites all migrate to the Neo-space-nations, Earth becomes a warzone, Gundam Fight is created based on the legendary Gundams of the past and someone builds Unicorn Gundam mkII
>>
>>14562061
really makes you think
>>
>>14562061
I have yet to see a worse design.
>>
>>14561864
So basically what we do with Russia or Iran?

Create a world economy then embargo them, thus driving them more radical, or create a new system with them in it?
>>
>>14561687
>implying the both the Vists and the Sleeves weren't bankrolled by the Jovians
Just think about it.
Your scenario has the co-prosperity sphere diving the Sides and E, wekaning the Earth Sphere as a whole and strengthening Jupiter's already powerful position with their virtual monopoly on He-3.

However consider what actually happened. Banana and Mineva revealed THE BOX, and by F91 the EF is falling apart, barely able to project power to the Frontier sides to quell the Crossbone Vanguard.
Clearly the reveal of the box weakened public support of the Federation so much it began an extreme economic decline in the Federation, so much so that even a small force like the Crossbone Vanguard can't be dealt with by the Federation, the EFSF instead saying 'fuck the sides, we'll just protect Earth'. By Victory it's gotten even worse and the Federation can barely get a standing army together to fight BESPA (on Earth!), instead relying on the League Militaire. It's only in the last dozen or so episodes when the EFSF finally gets its space fleets up and running, when it finally defeats Zanscare.

Basically, the reveal of the box weakened the foundation of the Federation so much that it allowed Jupiter to expand its sphere of influence into the Earth Sphere itself, and guarenteed a century of proxy wars between Earth and Jupiter.
The whole ocnflict in Unicorn was set up by Jupiter, and in the end nobody won except Jupiter. Well, if the EFSF actually did get to the Box and stop Banana and Mineva from revealing it then Jupiter's plans would have been foiled and Late UC would have actually been peaceful.
>>
>>14562263
If the colonies around earth united into one force it might replace earth as a threat to Jupiter.
>>
File: latest.png (821KB, 1332x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
821KB, 1332x720px
>>14562061
Bright Noa
>is Chinese
>from Hong Kong
>is an old man

Master Asia
>is Chinese
>from Hong Kong
>is an old man

Not difficult to find the hidden connections.
>>
>>14562263
>if the EFSF actually did get to the Box and stop Banana and Mineva from revealing it then Jupiter's plans would have been foiled and Late UC would have actually been peaceful.

So much for "God of Possibility"
>>
>>14563343
If you got Master Slapped by the undefeated of the east then you would SHAPE THE FUCK UP, unlike the ineffectual Bright Slap which doesn't actually achieve anything and tends to make the situation worse
>>
>>14562074
Is that because you are blind and too busy slamming your head into a wall?

Its a fucking Gundam for a horse, controlled by a mobile trace system.
His owner then jumps into his own Gundam so it can ride his Horse's Gundam into battle.

Not even the goddamned Windmill Gundam can compete with how fantastic this Stallion is.
>>
>>14564048
Bannana is a shit protagonist and Unicorn as a series would have been better off never existing
>>
>>14564048
Well, it created the possibility of the Earth Sphere getting fucked in the ass again, so it still did it's job.
>>
Something I don't get is how the colonies are able to out produce the Earth at anything, at least before colony drops fucked the atmosphere. The moon maybe, or what happens if some spacenoids don't agree or want to follow Frontal's co-prosperity sphere bullshit?
>>
>>14562074
have you not watched a single gundam series then?
or are you just a HUGE faggot?
>>
I like Banagher.
>>
>>14564136
Easy access to resources? The asteroid belt is huge and full of riches.
>>
>>14564136

That's only because Unicorn already presuppose that spacenoids actually bought the Zeon's bullcrap contrary to basically account in every other series. The sides might at times be sympathetic to anti-EF movements, but I highly doubt they will support anything under the Zeon banner, when the real char only managed to get the support of one colony and the sympathy of some spacenoids because he faked a disarmament.
>>
>>14563343
>Bright Noa
>Old man
You know he's only like 2 years older than Amuro right?
>>
>>14564308
I don't think it is as much a Unicorn problem as it is a Full Frontal problem. With enough strong arming, I think many of the further away colonies would have capitulated to the Side Co-Prosperity sphere.
>>
>>14564059
>tends to make the situation worse
Nope
>>
>>14562074
>Woundwort
>ReGZ
>Nightingale
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.