[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you rank IBO compared to other gundam series? For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 36

File: fags.jpg (80KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
fags.jpg
80KB, 1200x674px
How would you rank IBO compared to other gundam series?

For me, this was the first gundam series I actively disliked (Though I haven't seen destiny) It's bad in the worst way possible way. By being utterly dull. There is so little to get invested in and I tried my hardest to give a shit. The absence of fight scenes was just the cherry on top. The only entertainment value I got from this was unintentionally hilarious ChocoChar and the QUALITY. Speaking of quality, the level of animation in this series should be inexcusable for a production of this size.

I'd rank even commonly hated stuff like ZZ, Stardust memory, SEED and Try above IBO. All those series had at least some memorable or nice stuff in them. I'm struggling to remember a single good fight in IBO. Maybe Cartas death but calling it a fight would be a stretch. Guts vs 100 men could have been great to see but apparently the animation budget didn't allow that.

If i'd have to say something nice about IBO, the mecha designs and the setting were pretty original and interesting I guess. Shame the show didn't do much with the setting and the graze was recycled way too much.
>>
What's up with the increase of G-Reco and IBO shitposting threads recently?

Did S2 and the movie come out when I wasn't looking?
>>
File: neat.jpg (34KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
34KB, 680x510px
>>14559656
Nice post OP.
Got anything else (that was already said) to say?
>>
>>14559656
It just really kinda baffles me that Banrise had such high hopes for something like IBO. This is the show they put on every streaming site and arrange a dub by episode 2's airdate. They go out of their way to release gunpla as they appear in the show and even release a 1/100 NG line.

Yet despite this we get one of the most flawed Gundam shows since SEED (Flawed, not awful). Like, were they so amazed at how BF and G-Reco did without them really trying that they figured that if they actually push the show it will make a new Gundam-boom?
>>
>>14559788
>This is the show they put on every streaming site and arrange a dub by episode 2's airdate.
I suspect that it was just a result of timing. I'll bet anything that the next Gundam will be streamed just the same, if not dubbed. If it's not dubbed, then only because of how poorly IBO will perform in the Toonami crowd.

>They go out of their way to release gunpla as they appear in the show and even release a 1/100 NG line.
Like every other main series? And the NGs are basically saying "No, we don't think people will pay for MGs."

I think IBO is their attempt at a budget Gundam. Low risk and see what they can profit from it, rather than investing tons like 00 or AGE. Perfect for testing the international waters.
>>
File: 1469694681957.gif (902KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1469694681957.gif
902KB, 384x288px
If you want a thread where people deliberately bait each other left and right at least you can afford to be original.
>>
>>14559656
I do agree that it felt like nothing was happening for far too long. I hope S2 fixes this problem, though I doubt it.
It was better than AGE, I guess.
>>
>>14559656
>For me, this was the first gundam series I actively disliked (Though I haven't seen destiny) It's bad in the worst way possible way. By being utterly dull. There is so little to get invested in and I tried my hardest to give a shit. The absence of fight scenes was just the cherry on top. The only entertainment value I got from this was unintentionally hilarious ChocoChar and the QUALITY. Speaking of quality, the level of animation in this series should be inexcusable for a production of this size.
>I'd rank even commonly hated stuff like ZZ, Stardust memory, SEED and Try above IBO. All those series had at least some memorable or nice stuff in them. I'm struggling to remember a single good fight in IBO. Maybe Cartas death but calling it a fight would be a stretch. Guts vs 100 men could have been great to see but apparently the animation budget didn't allow that.
Same.
>>
How homo it is? Haven´t watched it but every pic I see look homoerotic.
>>
>>14559802
>Like every other main series? And the NGs are basically saying "No, we don't think people will pay for MGs."

Actually, they haven't made 1/100 NG's since about 2009. But then again, they expected people would really love AGE and released MGs within six months.
>>
>>14559845
It's a post-Wing AU.

What do you think?
>>
If we go solely by mech design it's 9/10 and 5/10 for the second season.

If we go by plot it's 4/10. Boring slog with unlikable and flat characters facing uninteresting antagonists. Show is utterly devoid of fun or charm and doesn't have the balls or writing to back up its grim bullshit. What a waste of great designs and setting.
>>
>>14559857
I look far more homo than Wing or 00, or Seed for the matter.
>>
>>14559875

There is an actually homosexual character with a crush on another dude, but that other dude doesn't know he's in love with him and is oblivious, and also loves the ladies very much.

That's basically it, everyone takes their shirt off a lot but there's very little homoeroticism. Much like Wing, where all the gay was in the promo art but in the show everyone was too autistic to be homosexual.

Really, if they had made everyone homo it might have added something to IBO. The show is just that dead boring and dry.
>>
>>14559874
>Mech design: 4/10
>Plot : 2/10
>Story: 5/10
>Characters: 7/10
>Character designs: 6/10
>OST: 8/10

IBO is a solid 5/10. More or less the same as the majority of Gundam series.
>>
>>14559875
>any Gundam more homo than the one with Tieria in it

No.
>>
>>14559902
Not to mention 00 had literal BL mangaka do the character design. It's without a doubt the gayest entry in the franchise.
>>
>>14559902
But they not homoed Tieria with that annoying loli.
>>
>>14559901
>Characters: 7/10
>Character designs: 6/10
>OST: 8/10
weeeew laddie
>>
Is Augus the most unlikable main character in a Gundam Series?
>>
File: Locktier.jpg (653KB, 1102x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Locktier.jpg
653KB, 1102x1600px
>>14559902
Dis gay
>>
>>14559924

No, that would be either Kio, Kira, Asemu for what he becomes, or Kamille for a good portion of Zeta.

Mikazuki never really did anything offensive, but then again, he never really did anything. It's hard to be unlikable when the main protagonist is little more than a killbot who knows only how to fight.
>>
>>14559916
He is right, son.

>>14559924
I'd say Kira is more unlikable, but if we are going from the personality alone, then yes, he is.
>>
>>14559936
>>14559933
With regards to Kira, people have spent years explaining why he's an idiot. We can talk in length about what Destiny turned him into and how it's the complete opposite of how he's supposed to be seen. With Mikazuki, people are writing essays about why he isn't a monster (just look at the shows YMMV page on TV tropes. "Oh, he cares about Tekkadan. He doesn't like killing unlike Ali or Yazan, and is trying to make a better future for his friends. He wants to be a farmer! He doesn't understand his emotions and if he had empathy it would be a liability in IBO's setting."

Just something to consider.
>>
>>14559884
Didn't someone from the staff say Shino is bisexual?
>>
>>14560412

Did they? Because half the time Shino is onscreen he's commenting how much he loves muffs.
>>
>>14559909
>>14559902
But 00 also had the best tits, hair and a pretty good ass of the franchise. While Tieria and the Innovades are fay as fuck none of them had a name thats literally an anagram for I AM GAY
>>
>>14560417
Several times to my knowledge. Once in the presence of some higher up producer guy who didn't deny anything. My interpretation - he's passively bi, meaning he doesn't seek out guys but if one came up to him, he wouldn't say no.
>>
>>14560468

Yamagi is so girly it wouldn't really count anyway.
>>
File: Final-Cable-2016-Jul-SAT.23.png (341KB, 831x1258px) Image search: [Google]
Final-Cable-2016-Jul-SAT.23.png
341KB, 831x1258px
>>14559802
>Toonami
Speaking of Toonami, IBO is still #1 or #2 on Saturday night cable every week.
>>
>>14559656
IMo it's the best non-UC gundam ever made. I was waiting for every episode and didn't find it boring (even when most ppl say the middle episodes were). Final was a little rushed, but in overall it was interesting show, especially because it wasn't about big robots, but about plot. A plot executed well from point A to B.
>>
>>14560497
I was gonna say that heh.
>>
>>14560538
And I don't like mecha at all, I watch /m/ shows just because of plot (like SPT, Ideon, Dunbine) or because of design (Gasaraki, Patlabor).
>>
File: 1311763499070.jpg (16KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
1311763499070.jpg
16KB, 300x354px
>>14560538
wew lad I wanna see this.
>>
>>14560499
>That viewership on OPM

What the flying fuck.
>>
>>14560499
Hard to believe it's still going.

Anyone know which episode it's at?
>>
>>14560583
>Not realizing anime is mainstream in the U.S now
>It's also a mainstream anime so people like it just for that.
>>
>>14560579
I'm not into gundams. And, hey, there was Build Fighters, so IBO is the second best non-UC gundam for me on the second thought.
>>
>>14560612
But it's in the midnight time slot, hell the IBO ratings are crazy as well. I knew it was growing more popular, but those total ratings numbers compared to everything else is just nuts.
>>
>>14560593

Think it's like at episode 8. There have been complaints among that crowd about it's pacing though.
>>
>>14560499
Where's DBZ? Did it not air that night?
>>
>>14559656
Very bottom, even Gundam-san has the "it's short" excuse
>>
Better than SEED Destiny, but worse than SEED.
>>
File: 14800865423569.png (334KB, 630x465px) Image search: [Google]
14800865423569.png
334KB, 630x465px
>>14561048
>>14561205
>>
>>14560499
>how do I read it?
>>
Does adult swim count as "children's programming"?
Could they potentially air GBF if IBO does well enough?
>>
One of the few tolerable AUs. Still not a good show.
>>
>>14559656
Middle of the road. Not terrible, but not great. I didn't love it but I enjoyed it, I can't say the same of some of the latest Gundams.

00 and GBF are the only good 21th century Gundams so far.
>>
>>14563957
Considering that the upcoming Samurai Jack season airing on there is apparently going to be more violent, not really.
>>
>>14560653
From the /co/ crowd?

So I've heard.
>>
>>14563957
no, IBO doing well, means toonami puts out IBO s2 faster
>>
>>14560653
>episode 8
Hoah boy, I hope they're ready for the neverending Space Boat
>>
>>14559933
>Kamille
>Not having the most entertaining spergouts

Come on Anon.
>>
>>14560612
>now

It's been mainstream since the 90s. It really baffles me how some people think it's still some super secret club when DBZ and Sailor Moon were incredibly popular twenty years ago.
>>
File: Abandon all hope.jpg (286KB, 1267x650px) Image search: [Google]
Abandon all hope.jpg
286KB, 1267x650px
>>14560653
>There have been complaints among that crowd about it's pacing though.

Oh man I can't wait until they get to this.
>>
>>14559656
First Gundam I've ever dropped. Stopped watching after episode 8.
>>
>>14559656
It could pull itself together in the second season (it couldn't possibly be worst right?)

I agree that it was pretty dull compared to other series and the animation is pretty spotty. Still the atmosphere and how different of a series it is, is what's maintaining my interest. Mikazuki is a different kind of autistic MC (a more psychopathic kind) and Orga's learning to negotiate and be a PMC leader/mafia related is pretty interesting.

Still the show is utterly dull. Kudelia was a pretty meh peace princess. Biscuit was the only good death scene in the show and even then it was horribly telegraphed. There was only like 2 well done fights in a whole 25 episodes but I like that fact that it's primarily melee combat.

5/10 I hope S2 brings it to an 8 somehow.
>>
File: Cohw5MEVUAQ0m3X.jpg (201KB, 1024x713px) Image search: [Google]
Cohw5MEVUAQ0m3X.jpg
201KB, 1024x713px
>>14559845
>How homo it is?
It's so homo that when they made merch pairing characters by the strength of their bond none of them came out straight.
>>
>>14559656
For me everything for Gundam is kind hard to rank.

It goes

>MSG = 0080 > Turn A
>Everything else with 00S2, G-Reco, SEED and IBO trailing in last in that order. Honestly G and maybe ZZ wouldn't be much higher. Not that I hate fun but G is formulaic as hell and ZZ was Tomino's worse attempt at slapstick coming off of L-Gaim when I watched it.
>AGE Arc 3, Gunpla Builders, Build Fighters Try, SEED Destiny.

IBO is bad but on a level where I feel personally insulted for watching it, like it just told me it's going to fuck my mother or something. It's just a middling sort of rage you feel because Kudelia just gets so much screentime while doing so little. Kudelia and Orga are just really lazily written characters that get a lot of focus and theatrics thrown their way. It's like being given a really bad handjob, you nut at the end but everything leading up to it wasn't really worth it.
Technically there's a lot to find fault with but there was a lot to find fault with technically with other shows like 08th MS Team, Gundam X, G Gundam, G Reco and ZZ too but I ended up liking those despite that.

IBO is just something special and I wonder if it's /m/ group think wiggling it's way into my head.
>>
File: 14709753611468.png (1021KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
14709753611468.png
1021KB, 960x720px
>>14565202
Now this is some weapons grade autism.
>>
>>14564351
>>14564386
>>14565041

Yeah, wait until they get to back-to-back lost brothers. Right now, they're complaining about how the show isn't action-packed. You're seeing guys trying to defend it with "they're trying to make us care about the characters," and "it's building up to something, I just know it," but the fact is the Toonami crowd wants more fighting and some people are starting to get pissed.
>>
I gave up on it at episode 14, never had that happen with a gundam series. I just got bored. I couldn't handle another (biscut's) brother that was never mentioned earlier in the show, after we just got through with Akihiro. It really turned me off.

Though I can't be fully objective or subjective about a show I haven't finished. For all I know the rest could have been great. That's just my opinion.
>>
>>14565895

After you stopped watching they introduced Carta, a character so incompetent and harmless she's basically from Turn A Gundam. Then they slaughtered her while she was standing outside her mech challenging them to a duel.

Then Ein comes back in Robocop 2 form and kills the two Teiwaz waifus, but then it turns out they were fine.
>>
File: CWKwUoCU8AA5fY_.png (239KB, 541x701px) Image search: [Google]
CWKwUoCU8AA5fY_.png
239KB, 541x701px
>>14565132
Hey they actually made one of those with Kudelia and Atra, I though most of the merchandise was simply with the male cast of the show
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 229x220px
>>14565914
That sounds horrible.
>>
>>14565914
>Then they slaughtered her while she was standing outside her mech challenging them to a duel.

You forgot to mention she already tried this once causing some of her men to be killed while almost nearly getting killed herself yet still manages to be utterly shocked at the main characters charging head on while she's just standing there rambling a second time.
>>
>>14565914
>After you stopped watching they introduced Carta, a character so incompetent and harmless she's basically from Turn A Gundam.

Carta is moonrace as fuck.
>muh civility
>muh pageantry
>muh theater.
>>
>>14559933
>Kamille
>Unlikable
Kamille is the best part of Zeta.
Mikazuki is unlikable because there's nothing there to like. Even if you found Kamille annoying, you'd have to admit that his autistic spats were interesting or funny. He had a spark. And we see him grow as his autistic outbursts are corrected. Mikazuki has the seeds of a good character but they never grow or do anything.
>>
>>14565964
>Mikazuki has the seeds of a good character but they never grow or do anything.
If anything, Mika spends most of his time regressing.

At first, there's the whole thing with Atra and her bracelet. Aside from the part where Mika wants to murder the fuck out of Gjallarhorn after she gets beaten up, he displays no new feelings or attachment to her.... if anything, he's less affectionate without a prompt and the bracelet never plays a real role again. Then there's Kudelia, who he tells to stop looking down on people like him, but otherwise never calls her out for any bullshit ever again. With the roided rape-snake clown guy, he gets accused of liking to kill people, and seems shaken with the funeral, but that doesn't really come up again.
>>
I'd rank it worse than SEED Destiny because it's the first one I ever dropped (at ep 17). However, I'll still check out S2's first few episodes to see if it's improved.

I hate most of the characters, except Orga/Atra/Mika, and felt that the plot is poorly written with no real focus. There's a drought of episodes after the Turbines' introduction that adds nothing to the narrative. Fumitan's betrayal are poorly conceived -- it loses it shock because it shoves it into your face constantly till it happens. Her subsequent death is badly done and barely had an impact on me. It was the most soap opera tier shit I've seen in Gundam.

Kudelia is even worse. She did nothing the whole time, yet the viewer is expected to think she's amazing and a leader of a revolution.

I'll see in S2 how it all pans out. ZZ started off bad but it had a great second half. IBO is working with a less stellar cast but I'll give it a chance anyway.
>>
>>14566004

It's obvious Mika is fucked up. After all, he was able to kill before he became a mercenary. But the problem is the show doesn't want to acknowledge it. It wants to dance around the issue while we're supposed to cheer for him. It wants to distract us with shipping shit instead of tackling the problem.

The only time it ever felt like they were doing something with it was after Musashi's death, when Mika does his whole "who should I kill Orga?" routine. This should be a big turning point for the series. After all the buildup about how Orga is trying to live up to Mika's expectations of him, how Mika pushes Orga into high risk/high reward situations, this should have been the payoff. After all, Tekkadan are on the warpath and Biscuit isn't around to temper Orga.

Instead, no named characters dies while we're supposed to feel something for nameless canon fodder, and Tekkadan gets everything they ever wanted and more. Nothing really bad happens, no one we cared about died, and Tekkadan suffer no repercussions whatsoever. It's right up there with Destiny's Flawless Victory. And they shill Mika some more.
>>
>>14566043
>It was the most soap opera tier shit I've seen in Gundam.

Fatboy's death felt like standard award bait.
>>
>>14566074
I dropped it before that episode so I never saw how his death was portrayed. I just followed the threads to find out what happened.
>>
>>14566094
Biscuit drives Orga around in a mobile worker, Carta hears Orga over the comms after all but two of her men have died, they pin Mika while she chases down their worker and bats it with her sword.

Biscuit, however, did a sharp turn right before and it threw Orga off. Fatboy, who told Orga he was being a reckless cunt with their futures, was being heroic to save his asshole friend.

Want the worst part? After Mika has scared the living shit out of Orga, Orga gives a pep rally where he says that Biscuit was all about muh duty and muh responsibilities, so now that he's gone it's every Tekkakid's role to make sure they finish the job no matter how many corpses it takes. After all, how else would peace-loving Biscuit feel good about them?
>>
>>14566149
>>14566094
Here's the Mika & Orga talk followed by their pep rally. It'd be like losing your designated driver friend and then saying you should celebrate by getting as black-out drunk as possible.

https://youtu.be/8WVoQyBu-cU?t=18m59s
>>
File: 45258574748589.jpg (172KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
45258574748589.jpg
172KB, 1600x900px
>>14566004
Now that you mention it… yeah what was the point of the bracelet?, when he got it he behaved really weird, he even shield it before executing Crank like he didn’t want it to be associated with the whole killing thing or something, but after that he never particularly cared about displaying violence when Atra was around and was really apathetic about the bracelet in general it kind of feel like a plot line they dropped
>>
>>14566067
I don't see a problem with that, you probably completely misinterpreted what was the purpose of Biscuit's death and why Tekkadan acted the way it did in its aftermath. I think it's the most common misconception that Tekkadan needed to be "punished" for stepping on the path of revenge even though it was just revenge in name which actually just served as motivation to finish their job. Meanwhile you have characters like Ein who are pure unadulterated revenge fueled so it's reasonable to think Ein would serve as the cautionary tale in this case by achieving nothing, not Tekkadan. And say what you will, they did lose a lot of people in that battle.
>>
>>14559656
Its okay so far. The pacing could be better. Its getting exciting now.
>>
File: 1457448756186.png (115KB, 357x438px) Image search: [Google]
1457448756186.png
115KB, 357x438px
>>14566149
>>14566157
In Orga defense Mika behaved like a mad man and its quite obvious Orga is afraid of him, he simply did what Mika wanted him to do and everything else was his typical bravado
>>
>>14566167
>plot line
Thats not the phrase you're looking for in here. It's not dropped. In ep 25 he talks to Atra about how it protected him from getting his other half fucked up.
>>
>>14566167
The bracelet smelled like Atra, represented her innocense, and generally served to tie Mika to the world of people who aren't sociopathic child-soldiers.

Remember how he her and Biscuit down, in part, using his sense of smell? Smell is associated with memories more strongly than other sense, so I'd say that Atra represents something to him that predates his murder days and her smell from the bracelet is a more tangible link for him than anything in his life.

Or, at least, that's what the first few eps would have had us believe before they left that plot to die on the vine.
>>
>>14566186
Wow, shit, I'm a retard. Left out the part where Mika is basically a dog. Also

>Remember how he tracked her and Biscuit down, in part, using his sense of smell?
>>
>>14566149
>Biscuit was all about muh duty and muh responsibilities
Not in this case he wasn't. He was loosing his cool because his brother had just died and started talking nonsense about retreating from Earth via some Teiwaz routes which to be quite honest likely didn't exist. They'd also have to leave their entire merchandise, weaponry and MS behind. It most likely just wasn't doable since by then they were already targeted by Gjallarhorn and would be making themselves ridiculously vulnerable following Biscuit's advice. Let's not forget that Makanai basically blackmailed them into the last part of their job, that is escorting him to Canada and threatened to lift the already week diplomatic protection from Gjallarhorn they had.
Biscuit was actually being a weak cunt who got cold feet because suddenly, HIS family was getting fucked over.
>>
>>14566186

It the reason why he fights and why did he choose to believe in Orga when they want to find a place where they actually own the things they earned and how everyone who backs them deserves actual food, a warm bed and most importantly a sense of belonging.

None of the orphans and kids ever had that, it was a vicious cycle of being mistreated and then hopefully growing old enough to become a cynical bitter man like Haeda where you spend your money beating up the new batch of recruits and reminding how worthless their lives are or become a browbeaten wageslave like Savarin
>>
>>14566215
>Biscuit was actually being a weak cunt who got cold feet because suddenly, HIS family was getting fucked over.
Yeah, but that's what Orga said in his speech, that nobody in Tekkadan had a sense of responsibility quite like Biscuit, and now that he was gone everyone else had to be responsible instead.

Thing is, since Biscuit's meltdown was relatively contained, there wasn't anybody who could be like "hey, Orga, that's some bullshit." Although, if someone did speak up, Mika's murder-glare would probably shut them up right away.
>>
>>14566235
>Biscuit was all about muh duty and muh responsibilities
>let's celebrate his death by dropping out of our duty and responsibilities
Hurr durr hurr
>>
File: 57923956_p0.png (873KB, 1000x860px) Image search: [Google]
57923956_p0.png
873KB, 1000x860px
>>14566207
That could also be their intention, characters having “animal” behavior or appearances it’s not unknown to IBO and the second season even Barbatos is a “Wolf” now
>>
>>14566235
But what Orga said was true, Biscuit carried a lot of responsibility as their strategist. Isn't that quite a burden to bear? And his meltdown was exactly that, a meltdown. He lost his shit, took a timeout, recovered and got his ass in the Mobile Worker. In the end it was his sense of duty that prevailed. Shit happend, he died. But he had already known well enough that you sign with your life into Tekkadan.
>>
>>14559656
I marathoned it and it was fine, certainly not the best but certainly not the worst.

Meh tier.
>>
>>14568209
What killed it for most people was the space arc. Imagine waiting a week and its an episode about making a harem and babies. Then another week and its them artiving at teiwazs base and Kudelia has a chat with the boss. Then another week and its them formally joining Teiwaz. Then another week and its about brothers with, after a month now, some MS action at the very end. And then just when you think it might have been worth the wait the entire Brewers arc is a dissapointing one sided beatdown with no tension and the gusion running away while getting its shit pushed in.

Its that long wait between episodes with no payoff after a month of no ms action that killed it for a lot of people. Just week after week of them being on the space boat.

And then the Dort arc was just an inconsistent mess.
>>
>>14565880
>Toonami crowd wants more fighting

I'd love nothing more in the world than make the Toonami crowd sit through Turn A subs only just to watch their ADHD-driven rage simmer to a boil.
>>
>>14568242
That was the main problem the brewers fight were meh, if at least those were good the wait would have been acceptable
>>
>>14568278

That arc was also predictable as all fuck. It's kinda hard to stay invested if you know how everything is going to turn out.

Then the Dort Arc was predictable after that, with more waiting.
>>
What would be the best way for this series to end?
>>
>>14566182
>>14566157
>>14566149
I think the point is that they want to convey that Tekkadan are going the wrong way but at that point in the show it was difficult for me to give a shit.
>>
>>14568371
Double down on Orga and Mika being crazy bastard. Let McGinnis win.
>>
>>14568345
How weird, considering they kept making tons of last minute changes to the script. Sometimes pretty sharply different of what they originally planned. For example oe time Okada came up to a meeting and announced that Carta was going to die. Originally she was supposed to go on onto S2 with Gaelio being the first one to die. I wonder if that implies Gaelio is alive.

>>14568391
No not really, but whatever.
>>
>>14568598

Can someone post the Webm? I seem to remember McGillis stabbing the Kimaris on the side of the cockpit area (around the edge where it meets the vents) and not dead on. So maybe Gaelio is coming back next season? Though I can only imagine the mixed reaction that would bring.
>>
>>14568707
Almost everyone has been saying he's not dead since the episode aired. It's obvious as fuck he's coming back to work against McGillis.

Ein is shish kabobed though.
>>
>>14568731
>Almost everyone has been saying he's not dead since the episode aired.
No way, most people assumed he's dead because of how meticulous and through McGillis is. It'd be beyond retarded if McGillis left him alive after confessing his entire plan to him, that just shatters his entire reputation as the magnificent bastard with shitload of foresight. Contrary to Ein's situation that everyone has been bitching about, him failing to kill anyone makes sense when you take into account his emotional instability and rashness. But McGillis who had planned to kill Carta and Gaelio in cold blood all along and continued to flawlessly execute said plan? There's no logic whatsoever behind this kind of failure.
>>
>>14568789

McGillis' plan is retarded though because both Carta and Gaelio were incredibly loyal to him.
>>
>>14568789
I have a dumb theory that McGillis left him alive for a reason.To lead the reformed Gjallarhorn or something. With McGillis doubling as Montag, it would be too risky for him to lead. So he keeps Gaelio alive for while he fixes the place, and then returns Gaelio when he's done.
>>
>>14568792
Their loyalty is useless and irrelevant when they're both incompetent and ineffective morons who can't think for themselves. Who needs pawns like these when you're not planning to play fair with the organisation? Don't forget they were also loyal to their family names. I don't think there was any use for them in his plan. If they had openly came out with some naive "reforming Gjallarhorn" sentimentality they'd have gotten neutered by old Fareed (same as he tried to do with McGillis by marying him off to sme lower rank heiress) and sent out to the space boonies like Carta.
>>
>>14568842

Carta is incompetent and ineffective because she's been coddled her entire life and put in a do-nothing position. She's still the heir to the biggest power in Gjallarhorn. And loves McGillis unquestioningly and unconditionally. Now, surely, someone as intelligent and resourceful as McGillis could have found some way to use Carta's influence? Surely he could have found some other way to get her out from under his father's control and use her family's incredible amount of political power and resources?

No, instead he just had her killed.

Or Gaelio. Gaelio is basically a Lord. Not only that, but Gaelio trusts McGillis with his life and they both share the same ideals. Sure, Gaelio is not as smart or driven as McGillis, but he's a follower, not a leader. And surely McGillis could find some use for a man that loyal, powerful, and influential. And Gaelio, being a true, full-blooded noble of Gjallarhorn, would have a legitimacy that McGillis, a bastard, wouldn't have. Right?

I mean, I know IBO was such a grand piece of shit that McGillis looks like Jesus since he's the only character who seems to have a brain and plans and actually does something interesting, but his plan was dumb.
>>
>>14560583
Dude, OPM is the new DBZ.
Toei fucked it up so badly that DB is no longer seen as the go to anime shounen/martial arts thing to rip off or homage anymore.
And when that happens, your reign and profit potential is gone.
>>
>>14568929
Dude, all of the stuff you're talking about SHOULD have been a part of season 1.

Instead of this bullshit about kissing the ass of the space mob or gay space pirates and radom brother for gatsu, we should have seen this going on.

Maybe show mcgillis banging a makeupless and decidedly hot and vulnerable carta in a most rapey manner. Show her being unquestioningly loyal to him and him not only knowing it but using it against her.

Have gaelio find out about choco chars inhuman experiments and attempt to recreate the original true gundams after finding whats left of the body of ein being grafted into a mech.

Have a moment at the end where he uses her for the final time and has her grab gaelio to hold him still while he stabs them both.

Have her do the "i'm happy to die for you" thing and have a moment where she says something to him that shocks the fuck out of him.
When the ship explodes we get a scene of a 2 year old boy with silver hair, in a large mansion dropping a cup on the floor.
>>
>>14568929
Dude, by killing Carta and Gaelio McGillis secured himself the path to becoming the most influencial man in Gjallarhorn. As said before Carta was supposed to live initially, meaning he could technically use her in some way along the line. But mariage is out of question since he's already betrothed to Almiria. And Almiria, thanks to Gaelio's death is now the main heiress of the Baduin family fortune and influence. Gaelio simply HAD to go because of that betrothal to Almiria.
At this point you're really picking at his philosophy not his plan. He's an edgy faggot who doesn't share power and has always hated both Gaelio and Carta, they're the embodiment of everything McGillis hates in this world, he'd never cooperate with them.
>>
>>14568991
This post is pure cancer.
>>
>>14568707
>let's gauge how much shit we can sell to fujos before we confirm he's dead
>>
>>14569021
Dude, it's some quick cheap fanfiction I threw together.
What do you expect?
>>
>>14569012

>By killing two people who followed my beck and call anyway i have gained influence

It's still up in the air exactly how this works but it's still stupid.
>>
>>14569121
If the number of people wielding a common pool of power decreases, the remainder consequently wield more power per person.

It's grade school math, Mikazuki.
>>
>>14569138

He killed two really important people who trusted him unconditionally. He could have used them to gain more power for himself before killing them off, because the rest of Gjallarhorn sees him as an upstart street urchin shitter or doesn't care about him.

Instead he just killed them off so now he has to face the vast majority of Gjallarhorn that hate him alone with no support from his two extremely powerful and loyal friends.

Now, since this is IBO, by the time S2 rolls around McGillis will probably have somehow become King of Gayhorn anyhow. But it's retarded.

IBO is retarded.
>>
>>14569146
Carta is literally retarded and Galieo is only good for his sister and the family gendum.

Friends that do nothing but symbolize the corrupt decadence you despise are worth equally nothing. That they spurred Tekkadan to where they were and helped undermine Gjallarhorn's grip Earthside is the best they were good for.
>>
>>14569155

Maybe McGillis could have tried to get them to do something, instead of simply trying to maneuver them to a place where he could off them for no real reason other than to show what an asshole he is.

You are defending shit writing.
>>
>>14569155
But all Gjallarhorn's families have gendums so Kimaris isn't really that especial
>>
>>14569163
>t. butthurt Carta waifufag
>>
>>14569146

The bulk of G-Horn's power resides in the 7 Star Families. McGillis now has his father's due to the latter going into exile, as well as Carta's because of how his dad was looking after her. He's also the fiancee of Gali-Gali's sister, who is now the heir because of Gaelio's death. Therefore, the power of 3/7 Stars is essentially his and the sidestory manga reveals that one family is in ruins.

No one knows he arranged their deaths. As far as most people are concerned, they died fighting Derpy and Tekkadan. So if anyone in G-horn wanted revenge it would be against the orphans.
>>
File: gaelio misery.gif (2MB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
gaelio misery.gif
2MB, 850x850px
>>14569173

He doesn't have Carta's because Carta is dead now. His dad had Carta's power and then lost it because Carta died. That's why he had to go into exile. So now Carta's power, which McGillis could have used, has gone straight back into the hands of her family.

If McGillis hadn't led Carta to her death, Carta's power would be his. But now it's just gone.

Almiria is now the heir to Gaelio's family, but who fucking cares, Gaelio was the previous heir and he trusted McGillis unconditionally, and instead of being a little girl, Gaelio was a grown man who people seemed to respect and like, who was directly in military service and could probably accomplish a lot more. It was completely pointless to kill him.

Everyone tries to spin this like they HAD to be killed in order for McGillis to gain more power, but he already had that power with Gaelio's case, and in Carta's case that power is now gone back into the ether. They were killed for one reason and one reason alone, which is to shock the audience and show them McGillis is a real cunt bastard. But if you actually think about it for one second it makes no sense, especially because McGillis is supposed to be this crafty chessmaster guy but then he only manipulates his two incredibly loyal and influential friends into dying, rather than all the other shit he might have been able to use them for.

I mean, I enjoyed that scene when Gaelio's world got blown apart too, but let's not kid ourselves, IBO is trash.
>>
>>14569138
But a ruler knows the importance of good tools. And carta and gael are good tools.

Loyal, powerful, easy to manipulate and even easier to dispatch.

You know what.
I think IBO's MC should be Orga but everyone else has a larger role.
Orga would be the chess master and ships captain.
Mika would be this crazy as fuck wild card that always does insane shit
Gats will be the guy who spends most of his time trying to keep up with a chibi runt but also leads the "human debris" and their little squad, maybe even have him take out the space pirates and ALMOST save his brother but take control of his group and that space pirate group.
Have Biscuit be the logical one that keeps their channels with Mars open and the check book balanced
Kudelia and the christmas cake should be one person. Maybe make her a bit of an aloof cunt who realizes that she's out of her depth and kind of useless when she's not in her element of political manipulation and affairs of the wealthy and powerful.

Chocochar is the ever present manipulator of gjarllhorn and just as planned shit happens all of the time.
Gael is the unflappably noble guy who thinks choco is a real heroic sort and follows him.
Carta is a good but by the books soldier and has the same personality as in the series. But she's a bit more die hard in her devotion to chco

The mafia is still there and are the guys that help bankroll tekkadan. They give them jobs and are their backers. Has to have a moment where it's revealed that some of the jobs they ended up going on that went tits up and ended with them coming out on top as media friendly and well respected heroes were set up by chocochar.

The pirates are there but they are seen as a real omnipresent threat. Maybe reveal that they have bases on asteroids and what not out there and fight against the earth.
>>
I kinda wish they went more with sticking on mars with the whole mercenary company angle then the white base argama style journey rehash we ended up with. I did like hitler looking fat guy though, forgot his name you know the one.
>>
I thought McGillis was deliberately turning himself into a villain and enemy of Gjallarhorn all in order to bring Gjallarhorn's former glory back.

He had Carta betrayed and killed horribly, and then faked trying to kill Gaelio. All to set up a stage where Gaelio will become the new leader of Gjallarhorn and fight against a new force McGillis will have. Didn't he even say something about Gaelio being important for the future of Gjallarhorn?
>>
File: 9a8fce9d.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
9a8fce9d.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>14569191
>>14569260
>>14569640
Carta was best girl, , McGillis is a piece of shit. I really hope this qt is actually ok even though she kinda died on screen.
>>
>>14568271
I don't think they'd mind Turn A considering the characters in it did more than talk about the value of family and how awesome Kudelia is.

By the way did anyone else think Kudelia was really awesome? Man Kudelia is just the best she's so cool I wanna be just like her cause of how radical she is.
>>
>>14569709

She's gone. Let it go.
>>
>>14560499
Squeakel stronk
>>
>>14569709
>Carta was best girl,

Literally the only redeeming thing about Carta was how fucking retarded she was causing every scene with her to be unintentionally hilarious.
>>
>>14569739
Seriously this. I have no fucking idea why her incompetence isn't a huge turnoff for some of you guys.
>>
>>14569739
>>14569749

Because she is something IBO seriously needed.

Until Carta arrived it was like 18 episodes of grim, plodding, humorless nonsense where everyone is all super cereal all the time and the only women you get to see are angsting in some way. Fumitan angsting over being a traitor, Kudelia angsting over everyone's hard life, Merribit angsting.

Carta was really out of place in the show, but she was also silly and entertaining. In a show populated entirely by grim daggots and mustache twirling caricature villains, it's natural people would find her refreshing and like her.

Seriously, you cannot have a show that's like 25 episodes of Mamoru Oshii-tier brooding bullshit faggotry week after week only with half the thought and detail put into it. It gets grating. That's why Carta was good. It was something new and different from the faggotry.
>>
>>14569709
I hate her makeup and I hate her stupid fucking voice.

Good riddance.
>>
>>14559656
I have sen all major gundam seris (excpet for Wing), And IBo is like 5th worst with just ZZ, Greco, Age and SEED Destiny in this order
>>
File: ezgif-4161808144.gif (2MB, 589x331px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-4161808144.gif
2MB, 589x331px
One of the few Gundam shows that I enjoyed unironcally.

Most of Gundam TV I've watched were either unintentionally hilarious (Zeta, Wing) or simply boring (Age, G-Reco). IBO was pretty simple yet interesting, it has a low-tech universe to get immersed into and no bullshit Newtype/Innovator magic to justify the impossible. Dialogue was generally good, no Tomino speak to be wary of, each character has a clear motivation about what he does and the way they do it is pretty pragmatic. I liked the fact that there was not a specific rivalry between Mika and McGillis, they are in opposite sides but they don't hate each other, they simply do their jobs.

Mech design was pretty good with focus on hand-to-hand combat instead of rainbow-colored beams. Mobile Suit don't explode at the first touch like Wing, they have weight and mass, Barbatos swaying its mace felt satisfaying.

Show has a lot of flaws, I won't repeat what /m/ says, but it is a good mech series that I would recommend to people that aren't much into Gundam. No wonders that the IBO does well in merch and in foreign markets.

Also, Shiro Sagisu doing the ED is the best honor that was given to Gundam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqa7-fkp-vM
>>
>>14569811
IBO should be the bar we use to measure how shit a person's taste is.
>>
>>14569791
>not liking powerful women
>>14569739
>>14569749
She does have blatant inexperience and attempts to fight a honor battles with enemies that don't have any care but for their comrades. She is pretty much a knight who is used to duels having to fight a seasoned mercenaries company thinking it will go like her duels. Basically she's incredible naive.
>>14569718
no, figure when?
>>
>>14569868
i'm going to let IBO finish before i fully decide.

but as it currently stands, its bad.
>>
File: 1448303804614.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1448303804614.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>14569811
>it has a low-tech universe to get immersed into
Yet it does nothing with it.
> bullshit Newtype/Innovator magic to justify the impossible
You're right instead its just general plot armor bullshit.
>Dialogue was generally good
KUDELIA SUGOI
>each character has a clear motivation about what he does and the way they do it is pretty pragmatic.
Not even sure what this is suppose to mean
> I liked the fact that there was not a specific rivalry between Mika and McGillis, they are in opposite sides but they don't hate each other, they simply do their jobs.
They don't even acknowledge each other existence or have even talked to one another.
>Mech design was pretty good with focus on hand-to-hand combat instead of rainbow-colored beams
Yep instead just poorly animated and choreographed battles.
> but it is a good mech series that I would recommend to people that aren't much into Gundam. No wonders that the IBO does well in merch and in foreign markets.
Speaks miles for the tastes of those type of people
>Also, Shiro Sagisu doing the ED is the best honor that was given to Gundam.
Please kill yourself
>>
>>14569876
I'm with you.

I'm giving S2 a chance but if it's more of the same shit, I'm out.
>>
File: YEEEEEEARRRR.webm (322KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
YEEEEEEARRRR.webm
322KB, 1280x720px
I legitimately feel bad that such amazing kits and mech designs were wasted on IBO.
>>
>>14569873
I like powerful women. I don't like shrieking clowns.
>>
>>14569969
then you love carta
>>
File: Cima.jpg (147KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
Cima.jpg
147KB, 576x432px
>>14569983
Nah. Here's a real powerful woman.
>>
File: titans cima.jpg (485KB, 1043x1504px) Image search: [Google]
titans cima.jpg
485KB, 1043x1504px
>>14569990
mah nigga
>>
>>14570009
>>14569990

Are you guys for real? Cima is the biggest wasted potential in 0083. An interesting character ruined by shit writing so she ends up an ineffectual and incoherent pawn.
>>
>>14570018
Like Cartha?
>>
>>14569811
>I liked the fact that there was not a specific rivalry between Mika and McGillis, they are in opposite sides but they don't hate each other, they simply do their jobs.

Why do you like this fact? Why do you like the fact that there's no dramatic tension? They barely even speak to one another.

The idea of a melee focused Gundam show is great. Unfortunately in IBO this is wasted on a lack of fights. Those fights we do have are typically poorly animated and choreographed. Also the villians barely put up any fight. Mikazuki should be just barely holding on, forced to constantly replace lost parts of the Barbatos with scrap from his enemies.
>>
>>14570020

No, Carta was at least coherent.
>>
>>14570018
I was disappointed with how her betrayal was portrayed. It was out of nowhere and didn't have much buildup/hints.

Her death was great tho. There was a real desperateness to her actions as she failed to stop the colony drop for the Feds. She was practically begging to get killed by Kou Way better than Anavel "ZEON BANZAIIIII" Gato.
>>
>>14570041

Yes but with her backstory explained in so shit a fashion her death scene loses a lot of its impact. When she was screaming "WHO ARE YOU FIGHTING FOR? WHAT ARE YOUR MOTIVATIONS?" I was thinking "is this cunt serious?" because the same questions applied far more to her.

I like Cima, I really do, but she was as fucked by shitty writing as Carta was. She didn't come off as powerful.
>>
>>14569772
The show hasn't been grim since like the third episode outside of a few exceptions. Carta was just an idiot there's no ifs ands or butts.
>>
>>14569873
>Basically she's incredible naive.

There's naive and then there's trying to challenge someone who charged head on without warning the first time at an honorable duel again.
>>
>>14570052

>Space pirates arc with children getting abused by that cartoonish orc man and buff Joker wasn't grim
>Akihiro angsting over his dead bro wasn't grim
>Fucking entire episode dedicated to a mass funeral for all those nameless shitters wasn't grim
>Dort arc with its noble revolutionaries getting gunned down wasn't grim
>Atra getting beat up wasn't grim
>Fumitan dying and Kudelia Sugoi losing her shit wasn't grim
>Biscuit's brother an heroing wasn't grim

IBO was grim and humorless as fuck until Carta came in. And as retarded as Carta was, IBO's constant grim bullshit got real old real fast. Especially when the show is as shittily written as IBO was so it can't even pull the grimdark shit off without introducing long lost bros and killing only faceless shitters.
>>
>>14570060
>cartoonish
There you go. It stops being grim when it's cartoonish.
Akihiro and his bro was fucking retarded.
>>
>>14570060
>IBO was grim and humorless as fuck until Carta came in

That's the real kicker. I couldn't help but laugh at how hard IBO tried to be serious.
>>
>>14559683
Why do you mean about IBO shitposting? The show was garbage within 6 weeks of its start and only a few things left people watching it still after that point.
>>
>>14570074

I was just bored.
>>
>>14570060
You're mistaking situation with the actual tone. Despite a plethora of grim situations the show hardly ever touches on them enough to make them feel as grim as they could actually be, that's the big flaw with IBO it constantly sets these scenarios up and then plays them out in the most boring risk free way imaginable. Hell after like two episodes Akihiro hardly even acts like he just saw his own brother get smashed to death. Also on top of this there were tons of moments with comedic intent and ones that ended up being funny due to the writer's incompetence.

Carta was just an idiot, she wasn't this magical comic relief in a show already full of unintentionally funny moments and moments that tried to be intentionally funny. She's not a good character she's just a moron who happened to be fucking hilarious to watch not because she was meant to be that way but because just like everything else in the show the writers completely fucked up what they were trying to convey.
>>
>>14570060
>Dort arc with its terrorists getting gunned down wasn't grim
ftfy
>>
>>14570107
You're forgetting Not-Gutts also reminsicing and talking about his brother the episode before it starts. IBO tries hard to peddle melodrama and angst and even fails at that given how predictable its sub-plots go. It couldn't even manage to be character driven as well.
>>
>>14570109
>>14570060
>Dort arc
More comedic and QUALITY then grim.
>>
GENDUM
>>
File: 1454763079843.png (879KB, 591x668px) Image search: [Google]
1454763079843.png
879KB, 591x668px
>>14570125
>>
>>14570139
Are those two guys holding one giant cannon or two guns?
>>
Another thing I didn't like is how Atra's backstory was done. They drew it out too long with a sob-story about being a helper at a brothel. It would've been more effective if she was just tired of being abused by her parents and ran away. That doesn't clash at all with the tone of the show or her character.

It's a real shame because she has the most potential out of the whole cast.
>>
File: 1447631403922.jpg (86KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1447631403922.jpg
86KB, 1024x576px
>>14570147
I'm more annoyed they only had Atra use her Ascended form to help out everyone else once. Talk about wasted potential.
>>
Hey hey, in defence of the Dort arc, it contained the only morally grey character in the whole show: Savarin. Also the only character whose death had any degree of emotional involvement for me.
>>
>>14570281
I honestly totally forgot he died until someone brought it up in this thread earlier.
>>
File: CIMA.jpg (274KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
CIMA.jpg
274KB, 450x600px
>>14570018
I just really like her dude, mostly for shallow reasons but I like what I like
>>
File: ChYK0a_VEAA879z.jpg (61KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
ChYK0a_VEAA879z.jpg
61KB, 600x543px
>>14570190
Quality is sometimes inevitable in anime especially if the budget isn’t that high, but heck IBO quality really was meme worthy, even more funnily considering they didn’t fix anything in the Blu-ray
>>
sooooo, what's the quality of the dub?
>>
>>14570351
Sorta bad but acceptible

Funanimation tier
>>
>>14570351
>>14570373
>watching modern dubs
why is it that sometime around 2007-2010 they all went to complete shit? Before then things were tolerable and occasionally good. 0079 and Zeta had decent ones for example.
>>
The worst part about IBO is that I invested so much time and energy watching the first season as it aired, taking so many screenshots, making webms and gifs, that I'll have to watch season 2 even though I know it'll be even worse then how terrible the first season was.
>>
>>14570405
It's like there was a point where they reached a generic standard and just always go with that.
>>
File: 14499975534514.jpg (194KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
14499975534514.jpg
194KB, 1440x810px
>>14570351
It's acceptable. Not always great on their delivery and they have JYB as Orga.

Also kek at the Toonami General this past weekend, losing its shit that Naze had an actual damn harem, and then mourning the dearth of Amida porn.
>>
>>14570457
Why is one of the villains from Captain Planet on the viewscreen?
>>
>>14570556
IBO has some imaginative designs, shall we say.

>>14570436
Dude, I mean, just don't watch it, man.

If people say it's a step-up from S1 you watch it, if not, then, you spared yourself.
>>
>>14570436
Seriously? The show is at fault for your complete inability of prioritizing or valuing your own time? Damn you're being a brainless cunt.
This is why nobody takes you seriously /m/.
>>
I don't understand why people complain about the lack of action. Action scenes in TV Gundam series are always boring, worthless filler. They're always poorly directed, always poorly choreographed, never progress the plot or characters, and always end anti-climatically with the antagonists simply running away, and this happens in every single episode.
>>
>>14572054
God damn you are fucking dumb
>>
>>14572346
Did you not watch 0079?
>>
>>14572360
Weak defence.
>>
>>14572361
I've seen everything up through X. So I don't know what I'm talking about with regards to Turn A, SEED, 00, AGE, or IBO.
But I don't remember much from 0079 action besides Ryu and Lalah dying. I remember Char being a pitiful disappointment of a character because he attacked in every episode and lost every time, so it was impossible to care about his "rivalry" with Amuro.
>>
>>14570147

Well we couldnt had barely legal Atra as a hooker who ran away from the brothel since it sets a pretty bad example of glorifying and fetishizing Atras past.
>>
I though that the show had potential, but the pacing was just sooooo bad. Plus I feel like the missed an opportunity with the whole child soldier angle. Towards the end you have Orga starting to become more and more extreme, making some pretty alarming statements and speeches as the body count starts to rack up higher and higher. I kind of suspected that it'd turn out that Tekkadan would end up doing some pretty amoral or otherwise hardcore shit that set them down a dark sort of path, and then the second season would be set a few years down the line and Tekkadan would star as the bad guys, serving as an elite unit for the new and controversial Bernstein regime. Turns out I was giving the writers way too much credit because if they were considering that route they u-turned away from it in the last couple of episodes, and it settled back into safe and familiar territory. I dunno, I feel like taking characters that you've built up and having them turn into bad people as a result would probably go further to putting out a strong anti-war message than any other prior Gundam series.

There was stuff I liked, I didn't actually think the characters were bad, and though I didn't care too much for character designs I thought the mobile suits were great and the action was exciting when it happened, which made it all the more galling that the action was such a small portion of the screentime compared to boring plot exposition. I just think that the writers thought that their plot and setting was a lot more interesting than it actually was. I'll still watch season 2 but as it stands right now I'd say it's probably better than Seed and a little better than Wing, but not even close to the good Gundam AUs such as 00 or to pretty much anything relating to UC Gundam. Watching this alongside Thunderbolt kind of made it all the more obvious just how deficient IBO was in certain key areas.
>>
>>14572368
>defense
>>
>>14560499
They're showing episode 9 this saturday. I wonder how the toonami crowd will react to Shino and Eugene hitting the brothels, and Yamagi getting jealous.
>>
>>14572346
It's good that we have Thunderbolt to compare IBO with as a recently aired gundam to kinda disprove all of that
>>
I wanted to like this because I felt it'd be interesting to have child soldiers who didn't fucking whine and fought like professionals but everything went to shit.

Love the Barbados design though. Will watch season 2 solely for that.
>>
>>14572494
That's an OVA though. It's like saying X is shit because 08th MS Team has infinitely better action
>>
>>14569709
oh god I wanna fuck Carta so bad
>>
>>14572499
Hope you're fine with LUPUS.
>>
>>14572508
Worse taste than Hamanfags
>>
>>14572413
>Turns out I was giving the writers way too much credit
More like you're giving your edgy fanfiction way too much credit.
>>
>>14565942
>>14565947
I think it was to show the sheer incompetence of the nobility, i.e they are only in the military because of the status. they haven't fought any real wars and pretty much just stand and look imposing. which is why mikazuki's brutality shocked nearly everyone from Gjallararahaorn but didn't faze any of the other mercenary groups.
>>
You know, it's funny.

IBO dumbs itself down to the point it's insulting, and /m/ finds a way to still have trouble keeping pace with developments.

There's a point where pretending to be stupid has allowed actual idiots to settle down here, and we're long since past that point.
>>
>>14572511
Season 2 has to be better anyway since they've set everything up now so all that's left is a good big war.
>>
>>14572609
You say that, but someday we'll look back on that post and call you naive.
>>
>>14572618
They've already said to expect a lot more fighting so there's that.
>>
>>14572609

Oh joy, they spent an entire season "setting up" and the whole time every character we were shown in this universe other than like 2 were retarded shitters and our heroes are boring as fuck and impossible to root for.

Good job, IBO. Good job.
>>
>>14572912
>impossible to root for.
sup clawshrimpy
>>
>>14568371
I really want to see Tekkadan become the bad guys. Mika a wolf with nothing but bloodlust, Orga so obsessed with his fallen comrades and 'family' that he becomes hitler, everyone else gradually becoming more violent and militant, etc.
>>
>>14572941

But that already happened
>>
File: 778787.jpg (72KB, 600x379px) Image search: [Google]
778787.jpg
72KB, 600x379px
>>14572407
Yeah it’s quite obvious they wanted Atra to have a terrible childhood similar to the Tekkadan boys and also be and orphan, but since they couldn’t make her a child prostitute for quite obvious reason we ended in a weird “she worked in a brothel but don’t worry she was just a servant, too young to fuck” thing
>>
>>14572954
>allow Chocomans glorious plan for reforming the cesspool that is Earthsphere ruled under wretched Gjallarhorn to work
>somehow villainous
Behold, a retard.
>>
>>14570024
>Mikazuki should be just barely holding on, forced to constantly replace lost parts of the Barbatos with scrap from his enemies.
this. when they originally said that the barbatos was going to be improved over time by taking parts captured from defeated enemies I was expecting some real frankenstein shit and not the "just put more armor on it" upgrades we got.
>>
>>14572984

Orga was willing to throw his "family" into the meat grinder with a bullshit speech, and Mika brutally slaughters everyone with the brutality going up each fight.

They are hardly heroic.
>>
>>14572967
theyve had female child prostitutes previously.

twice in fact

prob more desu
>>
File: 55816580_p0.jpg (411KB, 933x581px) Image search: [Google]
55816580_p0.jpg
411KB, 933x581px
>>14572984
We still have to see how it ends, for all we know McGillis could be a nihilistic mad man in disguise, but yeah if end up been a good intentioned “the end justify the means” guy then yeah I’m ok with him
>>
File: IMG_20160323_173026.jpg (105KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160323_173026.jpg
105KB, 540x405px
>>14570190
this isn't even my final form
>>
>>14572923
>sup
You want soup? Okay, but the salad is better.
>>
File: 1478547477.jpg (152KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1478547477.jpg
152KB, 1366x768px
>>14572997
Yeah but those weren’t part of the main cast, I mean most of us could accept her as a child prostitute and even sympathize more with her due to a far more damaging past, but not sure how Japan would have take it or the general public, so they play it safe
>>
>>14572992
Do you think that if you distill those events from the context wherein they took place it'll somehow make your argument work?
>>
>>14573029
Why are you so fixated on prostitutes? Are you a virgin or something? Is this a fantasy of yours?
>>
>>14573029

Japan would probably love it and it would have led to some rockin' h-doujins at C89.

>>14573041

You said you wanted to see Tekkadan become more villainous, with Orga becoming "like Hitler" and Mika becoming more bloodthirsty.

By the end of the series, Orga sent all those child soldiers off to die in the final battle with a rallying speech that black mechanic man and Nina Purpleton were commenting on as bullshit that was simply getting young faggots who didn't know better riled up.

And Mika? He butchered three clowns while the rest of Tekkadan stood back and cheered mindlessly.

They are already shitheads.
>>
>>14573045
Yes, he fantasies about owning a brothel of only children. Call the FBI fast.
>>
>>14573018
Ok, let me find some salad ingredients.
Fuck, there's only soup here.
>>
>>14573050
>You said you wanted to see Tekkadan become more villainous
The fuck? That wasn't me.
If Orga hadn't rilled them up they'd fuck up the mission and all die. Like I said it's like you're blind to the situation they were in at the time. You thought Merribit's whining was supposed to represent an actual meta commentary over what's happening? Boy you're dumb if you did. She's literally doing a wrong genre savvy shtick and you fall for it by taking it completely at face value.
>>
>>14570405
>why is it that sometime around 2007-2010 they all went to complete shit?

Because almost everyone moved onto watching fansubs instead of waiting for a dub like two years after it aired in Japan?
>>
>>14573106
>tvtropes
>>
>>14572346
>I don't understand why people complain about the lack of action.

Because everything else is shit so the lack of action sticks out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>14573106

First off >tvtropes

Second, Merribit and old black man both felt the same way about Orga's speech and nowhere was it presented as her being wrong. You are clearly meant to be disturbed by Tekkadan's increasingly bloodthirsty behavior. The one who has it all wrong is you.
>>
>>14572413
>Turns out I was giving the writers way too much credit because if they were considering that route they u-turned away from it in the last couple of episodes

Don't know how you didn't realize they'd do that when they did it with damn near everything else they built up. Like 90% of IBO was just building up things they never bothered to follow up on and season 2 is far too late to try and do it without feeling incredibly clunky.
>>
>>14573050
It's also worth noting that Mika is already thought of as evil by a part of the fandom in Japan. Off the top of my head,

> Mika killed someone as a child, before he was a merc. Japan believes that children are incapable of killing and those that do are fucked in the head, so right off the bat Mika is different them.

> Tekkadan turning on their former employers. Yes, I know they were shit but just hear me out. They were told they could leave but anyone who resisted was executed by Mika under Orga's orders. Mika, again a child, was executing people in handcuffs... except for that one guy Tekkadan forced to be their accountant.

> Stole CGS assets for themselves, including a spaceship.

> Naze turned on their former boss, and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he force him into slavery?

> Tekkadan joins the mafia, gets drunk and hires hookers.

> During the mission to rescue Akihiro's brother Mika has no problem killing his opponents, other children forced into slavery. When told he likes killing he gives zero fucks and goes on his way.

> As part of a mob job, Tekkadan unknowingly smuggled weapons to the Dort workers. The workers then proceeded to make terrorist threats while Tekkadan just wanted to get out of there without being killed. Kudelia then gives a sugoi speech about how the workers were innocent, and we later learn they got their wishes.

> Crashed through the space boarder.

> Goes out for revenge when Biscuit dies, shows a cult-like devotion to Tekkadan.

> Mika massacres Carta, who was requesting an honorable duel.

> Lay seige to Edmonton for three days to get the guy blackmailing them elected back into office.

Tekkadan are only in if for themselves, but the show ends with them being called heroes and knights. Might actually explain why the Japanese aren't eating this show up like people outside of there are, so it will be interesting to see what changes are made in season 2.
>>
>>14573115
>>14573125
What's the matter? Do you need a trigger warning? Maybe you should read up on the interviews Okada and Nagai made before you parade your misinterpretation as truth.
>>
>>14573155
>tri**er

>>>/v/
>>>/pol/
>>>/vr/
>>>/tv/
>>
>>14573143
You're reaching so hard with some of these points you could give a satisfying fist fuck to a mammoth.
>>
>>14573058
What do you mean there's only soup? Where the hell are you?
>>
>>14573155
>tvtropes
>>
>>14573157
>triggered
>>
>>14573143
Mika is actually the most popular character in Japan, he was even trending in few popularity polls in nip anime mags.
>>
>>14572514
But I'm also a hamanfag
>>
>>14559656
It's terrible
>>
File: 1448815187415.jpg (256KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
1448815187415.jpg
256KB, 600x764px
So any news on the second season for this month? Not that I expect something to change but I’m still curious somehow
>>
>>14577856
New PV on 12th featuring Mcgillis and Gjallarhorn.
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.