[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G-Reco had a lot of missed potential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: GnoReconguista1.jpg (36KB, 230x325px) Image search: [Google]
GnoReconguista1.jpg
36KB, 230x325px
It could have been a stirring statement on the problems of an impotent worldwide authority devoted to pacifism, Capital Tower as an organization has a lot in common with the Brussels prototype for a one-world government, and aspects of both the UN and EU, including its natural ineptitude and inability to stop conflict between Earth's nations, the effeminate nature of its military and culture, the perpetually outraged minority groups that nobody is actually oppressing, and flaccid nature of its religious authorities. Ameria was pushing their shit in and only having a supermech literally fall from the sky stopped Ameria's Grimoires from dropping a steaming turd all over their chests when they were trying to use Rectens as a self-defense force. Their eagerness to promote an unstable Muslim-equivalent and give him a supermech of his own is a plan straight from the mind of Angela Merkel herself.

However, Tomino dropped the ball. Ameria is shown to be "wrong" for warmongering, Klim Nick undemocratically seizes power via patricide, and the show ends with an unambiguously pro-illegal-immigration message. Forget the whole conflict, we were all just being silly billies fighting over nothing! Everyone can live on Earth, there's plenty of room, no problem! There won't be any new conflicts that arise from this, everyone just died for nothing! The nature of G-Reco is best shown through Bellri, a degenerate who wants to fuck his own sister, has the strongest mech in the show, and at the end throws away his birthright and all responsibilities to wander around the world as a dirty hippy vagabond without a care in the world for the inevitable Kuntala Revolution.
>>
dont care
>>
>>14556560
Nice MAL copypasta
>>
>>14556560

You copied my post from >>14556476 you asshole kuntala.

I'm proud of you.
>>
Bellri's about as 'Muslim' as my fucking housecat.
>>
>>14556607

He's referring to the MUH KUNTALA Char.
>>
>>14556569
>No one has come up with valid criticism for G-Reco yet
>*presented one*
>I-It's copypasta!

Just can't make this shit up.
>>
>>14556630

> No-one has come up with any valid criticism for G-Reco yet

People have been criticizing it's pacing, action and even the use of some of it's characters, like Raraiya since the show came out. Just because you (or whoever) don't agree doesn't make them invalid criticisms.
>>
>>14556662

What's wrong with Raraiya? She's cute.
>>
>>14556705

She's basically superfluous to the show until she gets her memory back and her screen time could have been better devoted to other things. The only thing she really adds is hints that there's more going on up in space, which could have been done in other ways. As could any jokes she makes, since other people can add humor too.

Now, it's entirely possible and perfectly okay to like her character during the first half despite that lack of plot relevance, since that's not the only deciding factor to a character's worth, but disliking her because she's not particularly entertaining or relevant (which I don't think she is) is also valid.
>>
>>14556705

>She's cute.

Well, if that's all a character's worth now, that speaks volumes.
>>
>>14556786
>What about this character?
>S/he is cute.
>Ok, what else?
>Yes

Sums up every character from G-Reco.
>>
>>14556745
>She's basically superfluous to the show
Found the retard
>>
>>14556745
>lack of plot relevance during the first half

I guess you didn't watch G-Reco
>>
>>14556875

> This reply

Yep, we did find one alright. But hey, maybe you can explain why she's so important to the show?
>>
>>14556901

Because she's cute.
>>
>>14556901
She basically replace Bellri everytime he goes full angsty (i.e. autism) about things. Also giving the situational info about in space event actually help the whole crew in making plans.

Also she's one of the best Megafauna pilot after she get herself together, while being insanely cute most of the times.

Lastly, she's the one who brings G-self, the thing that start the whole story.
>>
>>14556630
>>*presented one*
Go home, Trump.
>>
>>14557272
>while being insanely cute most of the times

How does that matter, man?

What, do writers not care about actually crafting characters and just making them cute?

Apparently Tomino didn't because all anyone remembers her for is making poop jokes and shouting nonsense and commenting on how Klim has beautiful eyes.

Oh, and "ADULTS LIKE YOU ARE THE CAUSE OF EVERYTHING" for subtle message delivery.
>>
>>14558397
>What, do writers not care about actually crafting characters and just making them cute?
It's by the same guy who made L-Gaim and ZZ. What were you expecting?
>>
>>14558397
>What, do writers not care about actually crafting characters and just making them cute?
Do you not modern anime dude? That's what like 80% of the industry is.
>>
>>14557272

Only one of those things happens before she stops being mentally deficient, delivering the G-Self, and I'd personally classify that under the "hints there's more going on space" label as stuff that can be done via other means. Raraiya could easily have been a pilot they met on Towasanga while the G-Self was captured from a nameless pilot, taken by Bellri after Cumpa built it, been dug out of a statue by the Space Pope or something. Raraiya did deliver it, but there's really no reason she had to have and Bellri could easily have come across it another way, even if you want to keep the connection to his parents the suit currently has.
>>
File: You can not be my wingman..jpg (128KB, 808x960px) Image search: [Google]
You can not be my wingman..jpg
128KB, 808x960px
>>14556745
>She's basically superfluous to the show until she gets her memory back

And then there's this retard who didn't watch the show.
>>
>>14558484

Yeah, man, remember how much she added to the show by yelling G all the time, or how insightful her comments on fish feces were?

We would have lost so much had she been absent.
>>
>>14558484

And then there's this retard who doesn't actually have an argument and just relies on memes and reaction images.
>>
>>14558453
>but there's really no reason she had to have and Bellri could easily have come across it another way,
Not really. You're just trying to push your own retardation over the show's narrative.
>>
>>14558652

Okay. Why did she have to deliver it then? Why could the show not have done it another way?
>>
>>14558656
>Why did she have to deliver it then?
Because the G-Self could not have been piloted by those outside the Code, She, Aida and Bellri are the only ones that can pilot the G-Self.
>>
File: GSELF.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GSELF.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
How the fuck was he able to move G-Self's arm without using the controls? Psycho frame?

Also, episode 10 seems like it was better made than the others. With a quick search, that ep was directed and storyboarded by the guy who made SnK. Huh. I hope he comes back for another Gundam series or maybe help Tomino with the compilatiom movies.

Stay Genki /m/en!
>>
>>14558748

I haven't watched the show yet, but it must be some sort of common thing in the mecha of this world, since I've seen multiple gifs/webms of robots emoting like they're human, robot high fives, and a ton of other things that just wouldn't happen in most of robot shows I know of.

It's actually really charming.
>>
File: 1469333553964.jpg (110KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1469333553964.jpg
110KB, 1440x810px
>>14558748
>Also, episode 10 seems like it was better made than the others.
>that ep was directed and storyboarded by the guy who made SnK.
>>
>>14558779
>since I've seen multiple gifs/webms of robots emoting like they're human
Mack Knifes clapping was so awesome.
>>
>>14558729

You're posting the in universe explanation for why only she could do it, when I would have thought it clear it was looking for the out of universe reason why it had to be her. If you're changing or flat out deleting her character then obviously other changes would have to be made since she doesn't exist in a vacuum. The only reason she was one of the pilots on the list however was so she could make the delivery and outside of doing so she only pilots once, when Klim insists she try. And even then, it's a waste of their time.
>>
>>14559360
>Show explains it the reason and it makes sense in context
>No its not good enough because I'm too stupid to except it

You're done here
>>
>>14559360
>If you're changing or flat out deleting her character then obviously other changes would have to be made since she doesn't exist in a vacuum.
Then your argument turns to shit. The G-Self would have not made it in Aida's hands without Raraiya because nobody has the Renhunton Code other than Aida and Bellri.
>>
>>14559413

> doesn't actually want to discuss the point in any way but seems to just want to throw insults and act indignant

You certainly are done.
>>
>>14559360
>thought it clear it was looking for the out of universe reason why it had to be her.
Because Tomino wrote it that way.
>>
>>14559428

Okay. And I don't like it, because I think retard Raraiya is neither fun nor interesting. You don't have to agree, but not agreeing doesn't make it an invalid complaint.
>>
>>14556560
Whats with all of the g reco shitposting threads recently, did the movie cone out.
>Tfw you realize you feel the same about g reco as Lagrange.
>>
>>14558748
Its got a Kinect in the cockpit
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.