[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another Shoji Kawamori Interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

File: kawamori02.jpg (125KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
kawamori02.jpg
125KB, 1000x669px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-07-29/interview-shoji-kawamori/.104795

Pic is related to his next project.
>>
He seems like one of the few mecha directors from the 80s who is still always busy working on something
>>
>>14556180
He's also one of the shittiest one of them. All the best Macross titles, including the original, are not directed by him.
>>
>>14556085
>whole interview talks about Arjuna

So, this new show is going to be Kawamori's new radical left-wing hippie soapbox? Can't wait to shit on it.
>>
>>14556203

I was going to say "but what about 7", but apparently Amino directed that.
>>
>>14556203
True, but he makes up for it by being the best designer in the industry.
>>
>>14556243
>best designer in the industry

He can't draw anything that isn't robots, planes, or vehicles.
>>
>>14556264
Why would you want something that's neither a robot nor a plane?
>>
>>14556203

Has he directed any of them aside from Zero? He's just Chief Director on most of them, with someone else doing animation direction. It sounds like he's responsible more for general direction and so on and not storyboarding and what would normally be associated with director.
>>
>>14556290
The Chief Director has more creative input on a series than the Director when both titles are listed. These denominations exist mostly due to legal matters, not creative ones. In a TV series, storyboarding is almost always done by the episode line directors. When a chief director is listed, the director is a higher paid glorified line director.
>>
>>14556282
Because being good at drawing planes and robots doesn't stop ugly turds like Arjuna from getting made.
>>
>>14556203

A-fucking-men.

I've really got to wonder why Ishiguro wasn't hired back to direct any of the sequels when it's really obvious that Kawamori had completely ran out of fresh ideas after M7 ended.
>>
>>14556366

I'm glad he wasn't, guy seems like a hypocritical assholes from interviews and hasn't really done much great himself. The vim of SDF was from the interaction of the various personnel involved from what I can tell, not from one particular person, Kawamori or Ishiguro.
>>
>>14556264

anyone got a pic of kawamori drawing humans?
>>
>>14556465
>Ishiguro
>hypocritical asshole

What?
>>
>>14556797

That interview where he complains about how Frontier sucks because, as an example, Michael used an asteroid as a base for sniping and he notices how things like that aren't realistic. This from someone who helped make SDF, where giant robots went around lighting cigarettes, putting on uniforms as disguises that successfully fooled people and treated space as atmosphere a lot of the time when in fighter mode. Him complaining about lack of realism in Frontier after contributing to SDF is just hypocritical and makes him come off as bitter about his lack of success following that one show. At least to me.
>>
>>14556843
That's not Ishiguro, you dumb cunt, that's Itano, the animator. He's kind of an ass but overall a pretty cool guy, not to mention one of the most important animators of all time. Read more of his interviews instead of whatever out-of-context bits Moonymous uses to shitpost on here.
>>
>>14556850
>Moonymous

So glad that faggot left.
>>
>>14556880
He's still here but he took off his tripcode.
>>
>>14556290
He directed DYRL.
>>
To be fair, I think you have to be an ass to be competent in this business.
>>
>>14556085
It's going to have idols, isn't it?
>>
File: kawamori and sleep.jpg (56KB, 640x283px) Image search: [Google]
kawamori and sleep.jpg
56KB, 640x283px
>>14556180
>still always busy working on something
At least he likes his job.
>>
>>14556843
> him come off as bitter about his lack of success following that one show
>his lack of success following that one show

Do you even know who Ishiguro is, you dumb shit?
>>
>>14558359
>>14556843
Also, like
>>14556850
points out, it isn't even Ishiguro who said that.
You're fucking retarded mate.
>>
File: sharon apple nendo.jpg (80KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
sharon apple nendo.jpg
80KB, 550x800px
>>14558226
Obviously.

AI Idols is the next big thing.
>>
>>14556085
>trusting the source that openly attacks people and has noted biased problems
>>
>>14558659
>>
>>14558670
Several of those red comments look legit but a lot are just autistic nitpicking.

If you want to complain about ANN, at least do it fucking right.
>>
>>14558670
>Look mum, I posted it again!
>>
Also, I bet
>>14558670
>>14558680
you're a samefag.
>>
>>14558680
>but a lot are just autistic nitpicking.
Tell that to a college professor and see what happens
>If you want to complain about ANN, at least do it fucking right.
You mean like how curseguy and Beargguy poster did it?
>>
>>14558725

A college professor would tell you to fuck off because it's not his job or desire to critique discussion and point out why it doesn't meet the exacting literary standards that picture is apparently going for. If he did critique then he's applying standards the author clearly didn't aim for property care about and should be under no expectation to do so.
>>
>>14558733

> property

I meant or there, no idea what auto correct was thinking.
>>
>>14558733
>A college professor would tell you to fuck off because it's not his job or desire to critique discussion
Only SJW ones follow that mentality
>>
>>14558733
>If he did critique then he's applying standards the author clearly didn't aim for
That's why the author is annotated, do you not know what certain words mean?
>>
>>14558733
>meet the exacting literary standards that picture is apparently going for.
That is called intellectualism
>>
>>14558746

No, if anything it'd be SJW ones who did, since they'd be applying standards to stuff that it has no business applying to

>>14558750

I know exactly what they mean. I also know that literary critique doesn't apply to everything ever written, not even if there's a name on it.
>>
>>14558757
>I know exactly what they mean. I also know that literary critique doesn't apply to everything ever written, not even if there's a name on it.
Nice awkward sentence you got there
>>
>>14558757
>No, if anything it'd be SJW ones who did
You literally just agreed with the thing you're fighting, congratulations!
>>
>>14558754

Pointing out flaws in the composition of a bit of discussion isn't intellectualism. Nor was the mod even afraid of it - he was mostly just telling the guy to take it to a better thread. And someone took great pains to make it look like every possible thing was wrong with that. ANN might be a shot hole, but being pretentious doesn't make you any better.

>>14558757

And I'm taking the mod as author here by the way, not the guy who made the picture.
>>
>intellectuals win: the thread
>>
>>14558773
>he was mostly just telling the guy to take it to a better thread.
only in that first paragraph, the second and third were basically trampling a guy's toes because enough people whined hard enough. How would you like it if a cop waved his taser in your face just because you neighbors don't like the way you walk?
>>
>>14558773
>ANN might be a shot hole, but being pretentious doesn't make you any better.
Until now we haven't really had any evidence, now we do. The question is now what to do?
>>
>>14558793

I'd recommend just getting on with your life and forgetting about it because it's not worth doing anything about, but I doubt you'll agree.
>>
>>14558796
mentality like this leads to places like Gitmo and Abu Gharish
>>
>>14558804
robot cartoon arguments lead to shitholes for locking up mudslimes?
>>
>>14558809
>missing the point that hard
Never change, /m/
>>
>>14558804

Not really, especially since they deal with a lot more severe an issue than some anime discussion. Wanting to persecute people regardless of how pointless it is could also be said to lead to both if you have to make such an analogy though.
>>
>>14558813
The point was not being vigilante on authoritarian attacks on individuals eventually leads to massive atrocities. Half of /m/ media revolves around this to some degree.
>>
File: nope.png (4KB, 323x113px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
4KB, 323x113px
>>14558688
Try again
>>
>>14558818

I know. My point was that some stuff isn't worth being vigilant over because it's so minor and that undue vigilance can be just as destructive as authoritarianism. Just because something meets a technical definition doesn't mean it meets a reasonable one.
>>
>>14558810
not might fault your point is a dumb leap into the tardosphere
>>
>>14558659

It seems like a rule here that ANN shouldn't be posted after reading comments first, from the sounds of that.
>>
>>14558833

Actually, thinking about it undue vigilance is almost the hallmark of authoritarianism itself.
>>
This is like the first time I've ever seen him interviewed and the subject went to Arjuna at all. It felt like nobody talked about that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np0gCP-YNpQ
www.project-the-next.com
>>
>>14556203
>SDF
>good
Nice meme, sheep.
>>
If he learned from his mistakes with Aquarion, Nobugana, Arjuna and AKB0048, then this time we may see something that does not suck.
>>
Have you heard of this http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/07/28/you-can-now-watch-the-original-macross-tv-series-on-amazon/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_content=532354746&utm_campaign=sprinklrForbesGames#7586eb305177

>Well, it seems that in part at least his wishes are finally being acknowledged. Now if only we could have the rest of the Macross saga released in the West and put this nonsense with Robotech finally to rest.
>>
>>14564794
>You Can Now Watch The Original 'Macross' TV Series On Amazon

>This is by no means the first time we’ve had the original Macross TV series released in the West, as both AnimEigo and ADV also had their own DVD versions. Yet, in the decade or so since Macross has been locked out in terms of its global releases.

>As you may know I’ve interviewed Shoji Kawamori, one of the creators of Macross, a fair few times already with the most recent of these interviews openly criticizing the lack of proper accreditation in Robotech and that he wants to see Macross released more widely.

>Well, it seems that in part at least his wishes are finally being acknowledged. Now if only we could have the rest of the Macross saga released in the West and put this nonsense with Robotech finally to rest.
>>
>Before, what humanity could do, only humanity could do – no other species can do the things we can. But these days, what humans can do can be replaced by AI and computers and machines. I'm forced to think “what can humans really do?” AI has evolved so much, it's almost like replacing human beings, taking over the roles humans play.
Really made me think.
>>
>not a Forbes link

aww
>>
>>14564877
What's wrong with forbes and ANN?
>>
>>14564881
You don't know the Forbes/Kawamori meme?

Also,
>What's wrong with ANN?
Anon...
>>
File: proofs.png (22KB, 502x429px) Image search: [Google]
proofs.png
22KB, 502x429px
>ANN fabricate their interviews
>>
>>14564881

/a/utists just seem to hate any mainstream anime sites on principle. Sad, really.
>>
>>14564885
>You don't know the Forbes/Kawamori meme?
No but i've seen a lot of article about Kawamori in this website. Satelight runs it?
>>
>>14564908
Thanks for your compassion. xD
>>14565036
So, occasionally Anon will create a thread with fake excerpts from supposed Forbes interviews with Kawamori.
It's funny cause despite most of the articles not even existing, people will still discuss the "excerpts' without ever checking to see if the article is real.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.