[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Choriki Sentai Ohranger dvd cover released. This is honestly,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: axo9tkI.jpg (206KB, 735x1200px) Image search: [Google]
axo9tkI.jpg
206KB, 735x1200px
Choriki Sentai Ohranger dvd cover released.

This is honestly, the better one. It has the Ranger suits (like Kakuranger) but shows the actors (Zyuranger and Dairanger) to show that there is similarities between Power Rangers, but there is a clear difference.
>>
>>14555340
>but shows the actors to show that there is similarities between Power Rangers, but there is a clear difference.
Come again?
>>
>>14555345
People can tell from this DVD cover that it has something to do with Power Rangers, but can also tell that it is not actually Power Rangers. It's a good compromise between the Zyuranger/Dairanger covers, which looked like they were completely unrelated, and the Kakuranger covers, which might as well have been Power Ranger DVDs to the general public.
>>
>>14555345
the casual audience that just roams dvds, you know those that don't know Sentai, but doesn't know much about power rangers...their eyes sees the power rangers suits (ie, Zeo suits) but notices there is a severe lack of Tommy. A contradiction to their own memories, which then would cause them to look the dvd over.

It's the same process as when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came out in 1984 comic shops

>Teenage Mutant Ninja
Such a casual thing that all comics were doing at the time

>Turtles
What the fuck?
>>
>>14555361
>>14555362
Oh, yeah I see. My brain's in long weekend mode already
>>
>>14555340
Nice cover, was their similar groups shots of previous sentai teams that shout factory should of used before?
>>
>meanwhile, japanese people are saving a shit load of money by just buying the shout factory release.
>>
>>14555361
They'll just think it's a JP ripoff of Power Rangers though.
>>
>>14557203
Aren't the Japanese DVDs also out of print?
>>
>>14557247
Then they can corner the "The Assylum" market
>>
>>14557247
...But the top of the box says...
>>
>>14557319
Do you really think American's read anon?
>>
File: sense-of-right-alliance.jpg (40KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
sense-of-right-alliance.jpg
40KB, 500x327px
>>14557319
>>14557325
.because what you read is the truth?
>>
>>14557304
Gyaos is that you?
>>
>MMPR pandering shit
>no Bioman
>>
>>14557503
>ohranger
>MMPR
>>
If only the DVDs themselves were as halfway decent as the covers. Got Zyu and Dai before I gave up on them. Zyu had a few youtube clips as extras, Dai had nothing. Both video qualities are nothing special, they use horribly jagged yellow subtitles and don't even do it very well.
>>
When it getting released?
>>
>>14558348
november
>>
>>14555340
I'm excited
>>
>>14557503
>>MMPR pandering shit
>>no Bioman

Let's be honest here, they're never gonna get around to doing any pre-Zyuranger series. They can't bank off nostalgia as much with them.
>>
>>14558893
>New Tenchi OVA 4 in November
>Ohranger in November
>>
>>14560264
>New Tenchi OVA 4 in November
um...come again? don't you do this to me.
>>
>>14558227
Those horrible yellow subtitles are the DVD standard. I don't think it's technically possible to change then and still have a DVD work. The wonders of nearly 20 year old technology
>>
Ohranger wasn't that good. In fact, the finale was shit. I'll wait for Carranger to be announced.
>>
>>14562563
>I'll wait for a bad translation of Carranger
>>
>>14562313
But it's true.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-16/4th-tenchi-muyo-ryo-ohki-announced-after-10-years/.94304

>>14562563
Won't PR purists run at the sight of anything related to Turbo (without knowing about source material)? That might be troublesome for sales.
>>
>>14563223
I imagine someone who cares enough about PR to be terrified by Turbo would at least know that it wasn't the source material's fault that it was shit
>>
>I actually liked Turbo as a kid
>>
>>14562552
DVD subs can be other colors. A lot of anime discs have used white for years now.

But I don't know how much can be done about the jagged edges other than using smaller fonts to make it less noticeable on HD displays. The DVD sub format is made of image files, and like you said it's ancient technology. Blu-rays and modern fansubs use text subs that will obviously look much cleaner.
>>
>>14563368
Absolute madman
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.