[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your opinions on the designs of Ippei Gyoubu?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: grimoire.jpg (157KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
grimoire.jpg
157KB, 852x1136px
Brilliant genius?
Tryhard shitter?
A little bit of both?
>>
He's a bit hit or miss, but overall I'd say he's my favorite Gundam designer since the 80s just for how creative he is in comparison with the likes of Ebikawa and modern Okawara.
>>
File: 1438900391361.png (425KB, 543x755px) Image search: [Google]
1438900391361.png
425KB, 543x755px
>>14555199
I really like his stuff, both the designs themselves and his artsyle in general. I feel you can tell he's having a lot of fun with his designs too, theyre all packed with little gimmicks.I'd like to see him do some mech design on something that isn't gundam soon though.
also thats an akiman drawing you posted. I think there was an interview that mentioned that the grimoire was a collab of sorts. I imagine this is the stage ippei got it too before akiman made his adjustments
>>
>>14555313

Yeah, I was looking for that one and couldn't find it. I prefer it because I hate the booster titties the final design Grimoire has for knees and prefer the blockier Jahannam-type gun(which looks kinda shit on the Jahannam but great on the Grimoire).

There's some Ippei designs I don't like, because they are too "out there" or simply ugly like the Gaitrash. But overall his designs are incredibly creative and make great use of silhouettes, and have a ton of personality in the head shapes, the use of angles and curves, etc.
>>
File: bifron.jpg (48KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
bifron.jpg
48KB, 400x308px
Ippei is like that kid you meet in summer camp who is fun to talk to, has the best stories, can tie knots you never knew existed, and knows all the best places to cool off from the heat.

But then as the summer wears on, and you think he's the hottest shit, it seems like he feels the need to prove himself, like he's always got to be the most interesting guy and always have something new to show you, and one day he says "hey man, I found a cool new spot in the woods" and ten minutes later you step on a beehive and your ass is swollen to the size of a beach ball in the resulting attack, and you spend the rest of the summer reading a copy of Fisherman's Digest on your stomach because you won't be able to sit down for two weeks.

Pic related.
>>
File: 48117434_p0.jpg (239KB, 893x1000px) Image search: [Google]
48117434_p0.jpg
239KB, 893x1000px
>>14555199
He's drawn some of my favorite MS designs. Some aren't so good, but I like him.
>>
File: Elfbullock.jpg (129KB, 260x515px) Image search: [Google]
Elfbullock.jpg
129KB, 260x515px
Original at least. I can dig it, G-reco was weird and all the suits were weird to match, but I like that they have their own style.
>>
File: Garcane.png (168KB, 345x500px) Image search: [Google]
Garcane.png
168KB, 345x500px
>>
File: KimarisTrooper.jpg (96KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
KimarisTrooper.jpg
96KB, 600x900px
He's definitely growing on me. Would nothing but for the next IBO series to be filled with even more of his Gundam designs.
>>
>>14555643

I just realized the Bifron is the proto-Kimaris Trooper.
>>
>>14555199
Not every design is a winner, but he keeps it fresh so often that you're never bored. Great distinctive silhouettes on almost all of them. I wouldn't want him working on UC, but it'd be cool to see him working on more projects.
>>
>>14557133
I did now too.
>>
Ippeis design are neat. Problem is. The man can't integrate proper functional joints to save his life.
>>
>>14559641
At least it gives Bandai's model making division work to do.
>>
>>14555199
The Grimoire reminds me of VOTOMS, so thats a plus in my book
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.