[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to start watching Gundam X. What can I expect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: 1444366938184.jpg (47KB, 225x315px) Image search: [Google]
1444366938184.jpg
47KB, 225x315px
About to start watching Gundam X. What can I expect?
>>
Newtype dolphins and a laughably bad, rushed ending.
>>
Tiffa being cute.
>>
>>14551530
Rushed but not as bad as it could have been. That's the price of cancellation.
>>
>>14551515
A pretty cool ship Captain.

A pretty annoying lead. Though I seem to be in the minority on this one so take that with a grain of salt.
>>
Nice characters, bland setting, and a forgettable story.
>>
>>14551515

Absolutely nothing. It's the IBO of the 90's.

>>14551548

It's his voice. He sounds like a legitimate mouth breather at times. Other than that, he's basically Judau in the sense he's always in the right and gets piss easy victories due to near-constantly idiotic opposition.
>>
This is the most moe girl I've seen in any Gundam so far

The MC is pretty fun too, and very refreshing after Heero (just finished watching Wing). I'll prepare for a shitty ending but otherwise I have a good feeling about this
>>
>>14551515
epic win
>>
Newtypes getting btfo.
2x the X
Delivery
>>
>>14551530
The final battle was pretty bad but otherwise I liked the ending, especially the message behind it.
>>
>>14551599
>IBO of the 90s

did you mean wing?
>>
>>14552048
>Wing of the 90s
...so, Wing?
>>
File: Fort_Severn_Defense_Force.jpg (751KB, 3022x2143px) Image search: [Google]
Fort_Severn_Defense_Force.jpg
751KB, 3022x2143px
>>14555034
Pretty sure he meant Wing is the IBO of the 90s.

>>14551515
A terrifying premise that gets totally undercut by the MC being in high spirits all the time, and a decent what-if of the OYW aftermath that turns Zeta into ZZ. Overall an enjoyable watch if mostly sterile. Some sweet non-Gundam MS designs (dat Bertigo) and some goofy as shit Gundams (looking at you, Chest Break). Amuro becoming Quattro instead of Char.
>>
>>14551515
expect good ideas executed poorly. Like the madmax world is a cool idea, until they scrap it and there's just big cities and government. The satellite canon is cool, until they replace it with a boring shield. It's pretty slow by today's standards too. I liked it, but it's definitely a middle of the road don't love it don't hate it show. I'd love to see one of those manga remakes that bandai loves so much.
>>
>>14551599
>and gets piss easy victories due to near-constantly idiotic opposition.
Garrod gets constantly beaten up when facing new threats though. His easy victories generally only come when facing something he already faced before. Heck, just look at what happens when Garrod attempts to punch Janmil and compare with Judau walking all over Bright.
>>
>>14555061
>X is post OYW meme
It clearly isn't, and you need to stop.
>>
File: Vulture_Battle.jpg (897KB, 3035x2141px) Image search: [Google]
Vulture_Battle.jpg
897KB, 3035x2141px
>>14555225
Wasn't my intention to imply that X is actually in the same timeline. I just meant that the 7th Space War is an obvious and very purposefully-designed parallel to the OYW. They're not exactly the same, but the things they have in common are heavy-handed on purpose. It's supposed to hit you over the head with it. Or at least that's the impression I got.
>>
The "X" refers to Xabungle.
>>
>>14555277
>>14555061
Man, I love X's monoeye suits. The Balient's great, too.
>>
File: Gundam_X_Flash_System.jpg (684KB, 3033x2144px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_X_Flash_System.jpg
684KB, 3033x2144px
>>14555337
Overall I think X has a pretty high average in terms of suit design quality. Some of them are kinda goofy, the DX isn't as good as the X and I actively dislike the second forms of the Frost Brothers' suits, but the grunts are mostly excellent. Also, the X itself is a pretty fantastic hero Gundam design in my opinion, probably my favorite headliner of the period.
>>
File: 1469702430616.jpg (59KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
1469702430616.jpg
59KB, 600x442px
>>14555277
>Wasn't my intention to imply that X is actually in the same timeline
>implying it isn't
X is the finale to UC. That's why it was called the Seventh space war, the first six being OYW, Gryps, First Neo-Zeon, Second Neo Zeon, Cosmo Babylonia and Zanscare. Also why X features newtypes, O'Neill cylinder colonies (as well as colony drops) and gold bars being an everyday form of currency.
>>
>>14555884
I like this idea in theory, but it's a little fucky in terms of things like an overall MS development timeline and technology levels between the shows. The whole revelation at the end of X does coincide fairly nicely with the fact that Newtypes are essentially dying out in the later UC titles, but I don't think it slides perfectly into the slot.

As for the Turn A congruency and the Dark History timeline, that whole scenario is becoming more and more of a knotted mess in the post-Turn A world. There's the argument that the Dark History only affects pre-Turn A shows, but that doesn't seem to fly with the idea of a unified timeline in the first place -- or with the creation of G-Reco. Really, a singular timeline is only viable when it's being specifically referenced. Once we start referencing it, though, there's the fact that characters within the Regild Century specifically address UC as their immediate predecessor, and that Tomino calls the Regild "UC's true end." Considering he came up with the idea of a congruent timeline and is the only creator within the franchise who's striving to have it be a thing, it's hard to play against his wishes if you're a Dark History advocate.

Overall I like to view Gundam X (and also Turn A) more as a contrast piece than a direct continuity. The pieces are there but the edges are jagged, and without a published official timeline there's all kinds of assumptions that need to occur.
>>
>>14551515
Best overall gundam series. Good characters, good story, good setting, good mech designs and a god tier second op, the ending despite being rushed was good too. Only problem is that it starts out kind of boring and the newtype dolphins were retarded. I have no idea what the anons here mean by "ibo of the 90s" cause i cant find anything in common between the two.
>>
>>14556086
>same anon, still riffing on this thought

The flipside, of course, is the fact that Tomino went back on the "true end" idea later in a one-off comment in an interview. I honestly think it's awkward that all the characters in G-Reco talk about the UC so much if it's really so far removed from them. At this point I honestly think Tomino was just fucking with the audience during that interview, but that's another story.
>>
File: 1441408609645.png (1MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1441408609645.png
1MB, 720x540px
>>14556086
>Tomino calls the Regild "UC's true end."
Regild is after Turn A though.

>overall MS development timeline and technology levels between the shows
Seems fine to me, like how funnels were becoming more sophisticated by CCA and by X there are entire mobile suits controlled by the psychoframe.

>that whole scenario is becoming more and more of a knotted mess in the post-Turn A world
Later writers didn't really care about the timeline that much, it's really just Sunrise trying to piece it together. It's best to either ignore post Turn A works or take them with a grain of salt.

>>14556127
Tomino has a really fucked sense of time. He said in an interview that Turn A took place only 500 years after UC, which isn't impossible but still seems far fetched and contradictory to pic related.

I think the UC references in G-Reco were just references for the audience. After all it doesn't make sense how those Z'Goks survived in Jaburo. Surely the Federation wouldn't have just left them there for years, and they'd definitely be gone when the Titans nuked the place.
>>
>>14556160
There are some really weird holes no matter whether RC comes before or after CC. One of the biggest ones is the tech ban based on "a disaster" that happened in the UC -- it sort of flies if it's right after UC, but if RC is after CC then the whole tech ban from UC point is not only moot from age but also completely overshadowed by the Butterfly Incident and the subsequent excavation of the suits.

Similarly, the official G-Reco website and promotional material specifically calls the creation of the Regild calendar "a celebration" of the Universal Century's end because the UC was a period of war.

I really and truly think it's all a fucking knotted mess now matter how you look at it. If I had to make a guess, I'd say it's because Tomino's trying to get people to leave Gundam behind -- which is a known value. He specifically fudged his own timeline in an effort to make things more confusing. Which doesn't work because the majority of new shows don't give a shit anyway.
>>
>>14552048
wing is the 00 of the nineties
>>
>>14556209
>>14556160
wheres is this "everything is one time line" bullshit coming from?
Turn A is only pre Turn A shows and for some reason SEED and that only as far as turn A is concerned its not true for all those series just Turn A, and the preshow history of X resembling UC is just a reference
like why try and hook them together, they'er alt universes for a reason
>>
Ummmm you can expect for a little boy to get in the fucking robot XD
>>
>>14560768
>they'er alt universes
UC, X, Wing and G are all canon to Turn A and the entire reason why Turn A is called Turn A. We know they all happen before the show, what we're arguing about is in what order. In which X makes the most sense to be the first after UC due to their similarities.

Pretty much everything made after Turn A, except G-Reco, probably had no thought put into whether it's canon or not. But it's fun trying to slot them in somewhere.
>>
File: Ennil006.png (85KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ennil006.png
85KB, 320x240px
My biggest problem with Gundam X is that they really don't utilize the post-apocalyptic setting well. After the first arc, it becomes really hard to tell they're supposed to be living in that kind of setting at all.

Althoghit did have a damn good best girl Who should have ended up with Techcs and not Roybea, that was bullshit.
>>
>>14561502
>Implying she didn't end up with Tonia
>>
>>14561197
>UC, X, Wing and G are all canon to Turn A and the entire reason why Turn A is called Turn A.
yeah but like ONLY in Turn A
as in Turn A's past consists of a blend of the series that came before it (and SEED?) but the series themselves do not lead into Turn A.
like when you watch G and the watch Wing you aren't seeing a continuity form.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.