[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wonder what and how best to equip real mecha while maintaining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 19023-2.jpg (118KB, 669x1000px) Image search: [Google]
19023-2.jpg
118KB, 669x1000px
I wonder what and how best to equip real mecha while maintaining its mobility and maneuverability?

I quess mecha weapon thread...
>>
missiles and mines.
>>
>>14549437
>maintaining its mobility and maneuverability
That means carrying ammunition is unacceptable due to the extra bulkiness and mass. The only answer is small scale energy weapons powered by the mech itself.
>>
>>14549471
Unless it operates exclusively in space.

I mean look at the FA Gundam. That thing would be a sitting duck in gravity's influence.
>>
>>14549437
You don't

Like all vehicles, you're better off replacing it with a dude with a rocket launcher
>>
>>14549537
Brah, dude with rocket launcher was actually more expensive than expendable and salvageable vehicles.

Hell, there's per month salary, life assurance, death indemnities, veterancy and retirency assurance/benefits and familial amenability. Don't forget the service wages and all other colateral burden caused by their fuck ups, oh and thousand of "im sorry...." letter you must send to each of their family.

There's many reasons why government try to bit by bit supress the number of personel in battlefield by develop tech with minimal crew with max performance or drones.

We aren't live in medieval "fuck peasant" age or in motherfucking 40k Imperium of "send them more, we have lots" man.
>>
>>14549605
>Implying you actually need all that
To make it work, the bare minimum is a place for him to stay in, providing him meals, and paying him.

Everything else is just bonuses which you can deny him if you brainwash him into working for you.
>>
The more important question is:
Is it better for the mecha's arm itself to be a gun
or
to have a fully articulated hand capable of holding a gun
>>
>>14549605
>pilots dont cost these things
>>
>>14549626
>Impliying with modern democracy, availability of information and education level you don't

>Impliying people are that naive

Nice way to start mass revolution and way to loose your next election m8. Are you from North Korea or something?

You can maybe successfully brainwash the young for a while, but in the end, the masses will sue you with alot of shit.

With today level of peoples freedom, people will demand alot for possible risk gained from their line of jobs. Even idiots from America will not miss that opportunities.

You think World Wars loss and colaterals are counted just from loss of mech and equipments? Fuck no, it mostly counted from undefineable price of each million of sorry, propaganda'ed souls all countries suffer in their pointless, "meatgrinder" tactics. That monetary nightmares still howl to this day.
>>
Give them integrated cannons for arms like in Armored Core. Look at the human body. The arms and legs alone account for a large amount of weight.

Then you can mount disposable missile launch tubes. Fire, and then purge the empty launchers to free up more weight. Machineguns for small arms fire can either be integrated or attached on a top mount.
>>
>>14549668
Whats better, loss of single, newly trained pilot and a mech (various forms) that can be salvaged or melted to create a new mechs in short times, or soul of 5-10 unlucky, newly trained sods that just litter the streets with more blood and deseases, that need 17 year to rise and 2 month of training to actually do shit?

Assuming both newb pilot and that dudes with rockets each have the same upkeeps? And same problems that follows?
>>
File: 1146076045822.jpg (211KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1146076045822.jpg
211KB, 1600x1200px
50 cal and some unguided rocket pods.

Maybe some guided anti-armor missiles.

>I can't wait for a military vehicle that combines the agility of the MBT with the impenetrable armor of the attack helicopter
>>
>>14549712

Training a pilot takes longer than training an infantry man.
>>
>>14549783
So the ac-130 gunship?
>>
>>14549866
See how that goes against any air defense scarier then a cold war era stinger
>>
>>14549805
Maybe, but you loosing 4 man less and lots more firepower with just 2 weeks-1 month longer training.

Also if we talking mecha spesifically, its a ground mech with an already computer-assisted piloting and autobalancer, which is just like driving but with stick, legs and a bit harder control instead of steer and wheel, so its far less longer than airplanes.
>>
File: yukari tank.gif (282KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
yukari tank.gif
282KB, 360x240px
>>14549437

An HMG (14.5mm with dual feed if you're okay with slav ammo, 12.7mm with mixed belt if you ain't) for dealing with infantry, light vehicles and slow air targets. Alternatively, an AGL of any type.
A mount to put a pair of ATGMs (for engaging heavy armor) or SAMs (for air targets).
Smoke nade dispensers on the front and/or sides for self-cover.

I don't see what other layout could work to be functional in most situations while being lightweight. Besides removing the missile mount and putting an AGL there when facing a force that doesn't have armor/air units.
>>
>>14549658
Second because it gives it melee capabilities, its one of the reasons out of the Gundam, Guncannon and Guntank the Guntank is the worst. If the arm gun runs out of ammo you're pretty much done since guns make worse melee weapons then some sort of weapon designed for melee. Not to mention if it's not beam weaponry or something with a power source then a melee weapon can work till it's broken.
>>
>>14549437
>I wonder what and how best to equip real mecha while maintaining its mobility and maneuverability?
Make its weapons detachable like the Gatling gun on the Gouf custom's Gatling shield.
>>
>>14549437
Full Armor Dougram?
>>
File: M50 Ontos at Hue City.webm (831KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
M50 Ontos at Hue City.webm
831KB, 480x360px
lots of recoilless rifles.
>real mecha
>>>/k/
>>
File: 3182001868_12eed4a9c1_z[1].jpg (163KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
3182001868_12eed4a9c1_z[1].jpg
163KB, 500x500px
>>14549537
>>
SEED style backpacks or other modular weapon types, along with a handheld weapon.
>>
File: 157.jpg (90KB, 680x757px) Image search: [Google]
157.jpg
90KB, 680x757px
>>14549866
That's a nice gunship you got there.

Would be a shame if anything happened to it.
>>
>>14549866
>>14549967
>>14553814

You don't need an S-300 to kill an AC-130.
The fucking Iraqis shot one down with a Strela-2 in '91
>>
>>14549658
depends on size, if mecha is closer to oversized armor, a la PA troopers, then hand-like waldos allow the mech to use nearly all man-portable and crew served weapons and even hip-fire or shoulder the medium-weight crew-served items
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.