[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do i have to watch zeta to enjoy pic related? or could i just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: cca.jpg (103KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
cca.jpg
103KB, 422x600px
do i have to watch zeta to enjoy pic related?

or could i just watch 0079 and then jump into this?
>>
there is no need to watch zeta, but you should anyway
>>
You will be confused as fuck if you don't watch Z and ZZ, or at least Z.
>>
Just jump on white base.
>>
>>14546263
Why bother watching 0079 at all?
>>
>>14546263
Don't skip the shows, watch 0079, Zeta, ZZ, and then CCA.
>>
>>14546263

Y'know, if you people are so eager to see super high budget Gundam action.... Why not just watch F91 instead? It's basically a complete stand-alone story because of how disconnected it is with every other UC entry.
>>
>>14546263
Yes.

There's some exposition within the movie, but you'll understand the Char x Amuro motivations a lot more as well as why people think Char is a pedo.

I don't mean to get it twisted into making you think that you would finally understand CCA after watching 0079 and Zeta. CCA is a hot mess regardless of whether you fully understand the background of the story -- it's just less so if you do.
>>
Why would you want to skip zeta?
>>
>>14546263
>do i have to watch zeta to enjoy pic related?

Not in the least. CCA is the direct sequel to 0079 notwithstanding what most UC fags think.
In fact if you watch Zeta (and maybe ZZ) you'll be more confused about Char's character in CCA.

>or could i just watch 0079 and then jump into this?

As I said you can just jump into CCA losing nothing at all. All you need to know is that after the end of 0079 zeon splinter groups still existed and continued to wage war against themselves and the earth federation. Char at a certain point takes control of those zeon groups and starts his plan. This is the start of CCA. Zeta and ZZ are completely inconsequential to this film.
>>
>>14546472
Because First Gundam was the only good one.

Now why the fuck he would want to watch that garbage CCA is beyond me.
>>
>>14546497
>Now why the fuck he would want to watch that garbage CCA is beyond me.

Oh I don't know, might it be because it offers closure about the Amuro-Char conflict ? You know the main narrative element of 0079 ?
>>
>>14546521

Yeah but it's shit unlike Hi Streamers.
>>
>>14546467
>>14546489
>>14546497
>>14546521
The collective ignorance gathered on this board aggravates me.
>>14546263
You don't have to watch Zeta or MSG to understand or appreciate CCA, though you might want to watch them for their own sake if you are interested in good storytelling.
Watching Zambot 3, MSG, Ideon, Dunbine and Zeta might help you appreciate CCA but I can give you no guarantees for this.
What will help you appreciate CCA most is not being an autistic baby.
>>
>>14546533
Know a place where i can read hi streamers translated anon?
>>
>>14546637
>The collective ignorance gathered on this board aggravates me.
The irony
>>
>>14546263
Man I don't get it. Why are there so many people out there who wanna watch the final part of a story that spans three television series without any prior investment into them? What the fuck is so alluring about CCA to people who never bothered to watch anything leading up to it?
>>
oh hey its this thread again
>>
>>14547722
Mech design maybe or just impatience
>>
File: thumbnail+lovecraft+smiling.jpg (20KB, 250x296px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail+lovecraft+smiling.jpg
20KB, 250x296px
>>14546315
When you get the reference
>>
>>14547722
The Richie Branson vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOEsJF5Gh4Y
>>
>>14547967
Richie Branson's the fucking shit
>>
>>14546263
Watch Zeta, it's easily the best of the first saga. 0079 was fine but it wasn't polished... at all. Maybe it was good for the time but Zeta is much better in every aspect and still holds up to today standards.

The first 7 or so episodes were pretty weird to me though, Kamille is truly autistic and he doesn't act like a real person in them(Tomino's shitty writing) but he gets better after that.
>>
>>14548858
Zeta isn't that great. More polished in many ways than 0079 but missing the charm and heart of it and really gives into Bandai's desire to push models. Not bad, but not as good as 0079.
>>
>>14547722
Char's Counter-Attack is included in torrents of 0079.
>>
File: colbert dog.gif (963KB, 245x265px) Image search: [Google]
colbert dog.gif
963KB, 245x265px
>>14546637
>"The collective ignorance gathered on this board aggravates me."
>proceeds to parrot the same points that were said in the other posts.
>>
When should I watch Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin?
>>
>>14549006
Watch it first. It's chronologically the earliest and therefore makes sense to watch it first.
>>
>>14548996
Let's see. Average denizens of /m/:
>A:CCA is shit.
>B:But you might want to watch it for muh conclusion or muh animation.
>A:It is a mess so you might want to watch the previous series to understand what it's all about.
>B:Except it makes no sense anyways.
>C:Guys, it's a direct sequel to 0079!
>Muh returning characters. Muh continuity. Muh giant robutts. Muh memes. Gimme! Gimme!

Me:
>It's recommendable that you watch UC entries in production order but MSG, Zeta and CCA are all good and worthwhile works that stand on their own.
>You might want to watch other shows Tomino worked on to understand his approach to writing and direction and common themes and character archetypes he employs.
>You should get rid of your consumerist perspective and try to think with your own head about what you see and why you are being shown it.

Where did you see a similarity?
>>
>>14549094
my fucking nigga. tomino haters need to get the fuck out of /m/
>>
>>14546263
Honestly it makes the most sense if you watch 0079, then watch CCA, come to the conclusion that its shit, forget it exists, then continue on to Zeta. CCA is legitimately bad on all accounts except for animation. You might think that it provides closure, but it really doesn't because Char's character is completely betrayed in it, Amuro is once again paired with some random wench who gets killed off for no real reason, the ending is just plain inconclusive, all these different characters are brought up and shown and then none of their story lines are resolved, and much more.

Yeah its cool to see Amuro and Char fight again, but in doing so the movie basically tears down all the character development Char experiences during Zeta by reverting him back to a fucking cave man "ooga booga, earth man bad, space man good, me kill earth man".
>>
>>14549094
Is it a minority opinion here that think that Gundam has been pretty consistent in it's quality over the years?
When I reccomend people Gundam, I always tell them to watch everything, because there is something valuable in every series, including the ones I personally didn't like as much.
>>
>>14553069
Wanting to spare your tender sensiblilities is understandable but if something bothers you isn't it better to try to understand why it had to be the way it was. Don't just focus on things you don't like and you might discover they weren't so bad in the first place.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.