[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain this character.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

Explain this character.
>>
File: tumblr_m5u4kfyTOQ1r73plvo1_500.gif (1018KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5u4kfyTOQ1r73plvo1_500.gif
1018KB, 500x376px
>>14544607
>>
Zechs Merquise (ゼクス・マーキス Zekusu Mākisu?, taken from German Sechs, lit. "six"), is one of the main characters from Mobile Suit Gundam Wing. Renowned for his amazing skills in combat, his exploits earned him the title "Lightning Count". A personal friend of OZ leader Treize Khushrenada, Zechs was often the commander of important missions, and received his orders directly from Treize. His real name is actually Milliardo Peacecraft (Italian 1,000,000,000 - miliardo, one thousand million in Long and short scales, one billion in Long and short scales), the heir to the Sanc Kingdom throne, a country known for its commitment to pacifism. After the destruction of his homeland by UESA forces, he donned his iconic mask and left behind the name Peacecraft, for his new moniker, Zechs Merquise. He is also the older brother of Relena Peacecraft and serves as Heero Yuy's rival during the series.
>>
>>14544607
You're gonna need to be a fuckload more specific OP.
>>
An attempt to condense 0079 Char, Quattro, and CCA Char over the span of a single show
>>
>>14544607
Bane?
>>
>>14544667
Fuck off back to /tv/.
>>
>>14544657

Except not in the same order. Thanks to EW he goes from Char to CCA Char to Quattro.
>>
>>14544695
Still bad writing.
>>
>>14544718

I don't know, that order makes more sense because then he gets all the crazy out of his system and the Quattro character won't revert.
>>
>>14544673
No. They expect one of us in the wreckage, brother.
>>
Char's development compressed to 49 episodes instead of 2 full series and a film.
>>
>>14544695
Zechs' time with Howard and the Peacemillion would be analogous to Quattro.
>>
>>14544840
They should've continued with the Wing setting (and not in the dumbass way EW did). UC was getting old, harder to follow for kids, sure. Why not reboot. But not... constantly reboot. They could've had a good thing going.
>>
>>14544943
>They should've continued with the Wing setting

They did.

And I await the day that insanity gets animated.
>>
>>14545107
I would not mind a prequel to Wing, with a darker and more serious tone, set during the Alliance's unification of the world.
>>
>>14545130
Frozen Teardrop's got that covered too, with the adventures of Relena's twin grandmothers and a Heero Yuy that looks like Heero Yuy despite technically not being related or looking like how the TV series showed him.
>>
File: 1468461526073.jpg (22KB, 288x328px) Image search: [Google]
1468461526073.jpg
22KB, 288x328px
>>14545131
>Heero Yuy that looks like Heero Yuy despite technically not being related or looking like how the TV series showed him.
I thought that obly happened because the Zero system gave Heero the real Heero Yuy's memories or something, making Heero look like Heero in the flashback sections instead of his real face.
>>
File: he is a CHAR.jpg (150KB, 424x315px) Image search: [Google]
he is a CHAR.jpg
150KB, 424x315px
>>14544607
>Explain this character.
>>
File: 1443416472217.png (78KB, 424x480px) Image search: [Google]
1443416472217.png
78KB, 424x480px
>>14544673
>>
he wanted to go fast
>>
>le masked bad guy
>>
>>14545130

Why would they make prequel of a show that lived on melodrama and cheese gritty and dark?
>>
>>14544607
Dipshit
>>
>>14545130
If it were like a two episode OVA, it could work. But the Alliance's conquest pretty much boiled down to dropping Leos and occasionally Aries on anyone who didn't want to unify, with no resistance whatsoever because OZ was the only organization capable of building mobile suits, and a lot of countries had been disarming up until then.
>>
>>14544657
Zechs had the most character development out of any character in the show, and his, "destroy the Earth to solve all of its problems" plan still managed to come completely out of left field and be totally out of character for him. At least Char had been around long enough and seen the Federation become corrupt enough that you could sort of explain away his actions in CCA, but all Zechs gets is a vague inference that Epyon fucked with his head or something.
>>
>>14544607
He is a CHAR.
>>
>>14544607
We are not responsible for your lack of comprehension skills
Watch the damn show yourself
>>
File: treize.jpg (62KB, 494x640px) Image search: [Google]
treize.jpg
62KB, 494x640px
>>14544607
A person inferior to this character
>>
>>14544607
We need a Char clone in our new Gundam series because G was weird as fuck.
>>
>>14544626
so he is just char
>>
>>14545939
What was the point of Zechs when Treize exist? Adding a Char for the sake of it? Wing feel so damn uninspired at times.
>>
>>14546046

Trieze wouldn't have made all that great a main villain, since his motives were only to punctuate the importance of people in a conflict. What would he do as main villain? The Gundam pilots all agree that people are necessary in war and wouldn't fight him over the concept. If he'd gotten his way and lead Oz or the Alliance or whoever he'd just have settled peacefully since he wasn't trying to start a war, only ensure that war was fought with people not machines. So Zechs or someone like him was necessary, because Trieze works better as a neutral third party than as an antagonist. Any change you make to ensure he's a villain takes away from what makes him likable and interesting in the first place. Not that I don't agree that Wing was uninspired and wasteful, but I don't think making Trieze the main villain was the way to fix it.
>>
>>14546071
Zechs is one of the worst antagonist in all Gundam series mainly because his final decision of nuking the earth come out of nowhere. Again, the main problem with Wing is that the show tell the audience constanstly how x characters is pure and dindu nuffin despite the actions of said character saying otherwise, Zechs is constantly getting his ass kissed. At least Char is showed to be a sociopath brat, plus his change in mood took way more time that Zechs chimp out.
>>
>>14545157

The only correct answer
>>
>>14546104
You sound like an idiot.
>>
>>14546104
>his final decision of nuking the earth come out of nowhere

So he's exactly like Char, then.
>>
>>14549389
Char's goal always was to make the mankind leave the Earth.
He tried to ask nicely in Zeta.
He wasn't asking anymore in CCA.
>>
Condense the entire character arc of Char from 0079 to CCA and have it play out over 49 episodes.

There. Zechs.
>>
File: Char_Into_young_girls.png (427KB, 631x357px) Image search: [Google]
Char_Into_young_girls.png
427KB, 631x357px
>>14549587
Zechs wasn't a pedo, though.
>>
File: Milliardo.jpg (214KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Milliardo.jpg
214KB, 640x480px
>>14544607

Guy who vents his all-too-late frustrations on his fallen home land decides to end all forseeable wars in mankind's future by exaggerating the colonial reaction to the Earth Sphere's corrupt authority in space by heading an overly bloated false flag army in order to fool future generations of mankind not to pursue warfare on such an astronomical scale.

And this is all given to him by a machine which makes him trip balls whilst piloting.
>>
Am I the only one who fucking hates Wing?
>>
>>14549653
Yes.
>>
>>14549601
Worst, he was a siscon.
>>
>>14549389
I do think CCA is shit, that's why Wing copying it was retarded?
>>
>>14549611
>>14545752
How the heck does the Zero system work anyways?
>>
>>14544607
a fruity boy molesting banana grabber
>>
>>14553124
pseudo-technical explanation is that it force feeds the pilot battle data, which consists of potential outcomes to the battle. the system has no regard for its pilot and the information can overwhelm the user with hallucinations of various things. pilots who have mastered the system have extreme concentration and can filter out unwanted scenarios, focusing on what they want to do and working toward that

in wing's flowery dialogue, it can predict the future and tell people their destiny
>>
>>14545157
I laughed so hard when I first watched Zeta and saw this shit
>>
>>14545752
Supposedly he was acting independently of Treize at that point but was somehow still on the same page of the "have a war so terrible humanity will never want to have another one" plan that Treize was on.

Which worked out great as you can tell by another war breaking out just a year later.
>>
>>14553124
Ever work with spreadsheets late into the night while really really tired to the point where you are half asleep but still working? It's sort of like that I imagine.
>>
>>14546046
Every Napoleon needs a Marshall Ney.
>>
requesting TV Une in her nice outfits for "reasons"
>>
>>14553124
This was their way to rip off the 'Newtypes' concept.

Wing had no original ideas, just the dumb luck of being one of the first exposures Americans had to Gundam. Had it not been, Wing would have been written off as being as bad and uninspired as SEED. I started with Wing, and that's a damn shame IMHO; I'm glad I moved on to the good stuff.
>>
>>14561673
At least in Seed they tried to make the resident Char inspired yet different enough. Zechs is basically Char, no creativity or effort was put in his character.
>>
>>14561673
Wing is the shoujo Gundam. That's what makes it original, as well as the most fun Gundam - the campy melodrama, the fancy outfits, the over-the-top honour and chivalry, the BL teasing, self-insert Relena and her ridiculous romance with Heero. Also Zechs is more interesting than Char, and themes like automated vs. manned mobile suits and negative peace vs. positive peace are more interesting than anything in UC.
>>
>>14561811
>Also Zechs is more interesting than Char
Gotta have to explain why buddy.
>>
Wing came at a time where machine vs human was a big dilemma, when we have enough computing power to predict things could change dramatically in the future, but we never discussed it in depth before. It is the time of the Matrix. It is also the era where a new generation that grew up during the peace time of the 80s start questioning their purpose as humans compared to what machine could do.
>>
>>14562211
Oh yeah, remember the Y2K shit?
>>
>>14544607
>>Explain this character.

He's the Char who DIDN'T die and isn't a pedophile. His sister's fucking nails on the chalkboard, though. But Hey; Wing's less depressing.
>>
>>14562211
And nowadays with the advent of drone technology and their use in warfare it's become more relevant
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.