[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop HG ip block in the Western world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: luorvneekspqbsw32nxb.jpg (662KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
luorvneekspqbsw32nxb.jpg
662KB, 970x546px
Today, I noticed someone at Change.org is on a crusade to get Harmony Gold to allow more Macross anime receive legal distribution opportunities in the west. If you love the franchise enough to want those opportunities to happen, visit here to have your voice heard.

https://www.change.org/p/harmony-gold-free-macross-to-the-western-world?recruiter=22587841&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
>>
As long as it's true Macross and not shitty watered down Robotech
>>
>>14543283
Is there anyway for people to legally ruin a company?
>>
>>14543320
Sue them.
>>
>>14543320
Internal scandals
buying them
>>14543323
Blackmailing( although on a grand-scale)
>>
File: 1390115268632.jpg (82KB, 456x480px) Image search: [Google]
1390115268632.jpg
82KB, 456x480px
>change.org
>>
>373 supporters
>>
>>14543283

Why would I sign something no one is ever going to notice? Even if they got 10 billion signatures it wouldn't be remotely legally binding and HG would just ignore it, because they're under no obligation to pay attention.
>>
Fug it. I'm signing anyways.

The petition itself may not do anything, but it might be a iota of evidence to big businesses that people want to see this franchise.

From small beginnings, ect ect
>>
File: 1391934880900.gif (933KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
1391934880900.gif
933KB, 180x135px
So what's stopping Kawamori from throwing a subbed option onto some Japanese streaming site, outside of HG's jurisdiction? Besides easy money from weebs importing expensive Japanese BDs of course
>>
>>14543792
But BDs are expensive.
>>
>>14543792
Oh shit. I forgot macross delta BDs has subs already.
>>
>>14543323
Sue them.

>>14543332
The only time blackmail has worked was when Gamergate did it to most of the inbred gaming blogs that tried to pass themselves off as the new gaming media and basically killed readership for Siliconera, RPS, Destructoid, and Gamasutra while bankrupting Kotaku/Gawker.
>>
>>14543344
>>14543283
Should've used petitions.whitehouse.gov.
>>
>>14544296
Wait, GG did that much damage? I'm actually kinda impressed.
>>
>>14543792
Most Japanese streaming sites don't support English subs or captions, or IP-wall themselves off from non-Japanese IPs. You can't put it on Youtube because HG will issue a DMCA takedown because they own the trademark for the word "Macross." You could make a deal with a streaming site to put it up with subs because then you'd be pooling the financial and legal resources of several large and wealthy sponsor companies to fighting HG's inevitable trademark enforcement letter, especially since HG only has rights to content from SDF Macross, but it's not likely to happen because the suits would just look at it and reject it because of the legal bullshit they'd have to deal with when they could get new shit like Kuromukuro.
>>
>>14544322
That's why GG was banned.
>>
>>14544296
I don't' remember Siliconera being such a bad site. Polygon is certainly worse.
>>
>>14544322
Of course not, are you a fucking retard? Gawker got fucked because they tried goign against someone who actually had money and RPS, Siliconera and Destructoid continued the exact same, the only thing GG managed to do is become another cautionary tale about how easily you can become the exact thing you hate the most
>>
If you wanted to distribute Macross, you'd have to pay licensing fees to Big West, pay Harmony Gold for the use of the Macross trademark, and pay the record labels for music rights. When you consider that Macross mostly only appeals to a niche audience, it becomes unlikely that you'd be able to make the money back. So the main reason Macross doesn't get licensed is that no company believes it would be profitable.
>>
>>14543387

it demonstrates demand
>>
>>14552399

So what? It's not like HG don't know that people dislike them or that there's fans that want the original instead. Signing an online petition isn't going to be the one clue that finally makes them aware of it. Or anyone else for that matter. Hell, Amazon just put SDF up streaming, so they clearly know there's interest. Watching it there would do more than signing some petition ever will, since it'd show solid commitment and interest as well as actually generate some level of money so someone pays attention to it. Do that instead.
>>
>>14552432
>Watching it there would do more than signing some petition ever will
Amazon doesn't put Macross up for streaming without Harmony Gold telling them to. The only thing watching Macross on Amazon will do is enable Harmony Gold by putting money in their pockets.
>>
>>14552584

And that'll still be more than signing an online petition will do.
>>
why hasn't anyone murdered all of Harmony Gold USA yet?
>>
>>14554876

Cause it do no good since murdering them wouldn't void their contracts, zero their balances or change their business. Some new people would take it over and life would go on as before. New leader, same shit.
>>
>>14554887
Not if the new people in charge get convinced to cheaply sell the right to a show they make no money off of.
>>
>>14554917

You could just as easily convince the existing people in charge. The only reason to drop the contract and give it to other people is because those other people can make money off it. And if they can, HG can too. Them streaming it on Amazon and Crunchy or something I think too means they're probably trying to make money using the original instead of their corruption.
>>
>>14554876
Because nobody is actually that autistic.
>>
>>14554876
You won't achieve anything that way, you just need to murder all the Robotech fans fueling their bullshit.

Considering how "numerous" they are, it shouldn't require any special preparation, Euro-style.
If someone asks, it was a Var attack and you thankfully had the Delta OST at hand.

...But seriously. Why don't those old fucks finally let go of that bullshit mash-up and either watch other real robo or embrace Macross proper?
Why must they keep hurting all Macross fans on the planet?
>>
File: SJW.jpg (183KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
SJW.jpg
183KB, 1024x887px
>>14544359
gamergate didn't go far enough, not even remotely. It's filled with liberal pussies who are borderline SJWs anyway
>>
filter and report

also

>internet petitions
>working

lmao
>>
Shitty petition aside, I just have to ask this since this is the only HG/Robotech thread right now:

Does Tatsunoko Production still own any shred of the distribution licensing rights to Macross? As in, Harmony Gold is simply piggy-backing off what they own of it? Or did they completely sell it all off to Harmony Gold after being unable to aquire full ownership of Macross in 2002?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.