/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FSS is shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 72

>terrible art
>terrible story
>terrible dialogue
>absolutely HORRIFIC noodle character designs

Only redeeming factor are the mecha designs and they rarely show up. How the fuck did Nagano's shit ever sell?
>>
I only watched the movie and it was very boring and GAY
>male shower scene
>male kissing
No thanks senpai
>>
File: tumblr_njvh1qrmkO1sgtx3io1_500.gif (2MB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njvh1qrmkO1sgtx3io1_500.gif
2MB, 500x251px
>>14535472
Back to Gundam
>>
>terrible art
see image
>terrible story
What's so bad about it?
>terrible dialogue
see above
>absolutely HORRIFIC noodle character designs
A lot of them are fairly noodley, I'll give you that.
>Only redeeming factor are the mecha designs and they rarely show up
are you fucking retarded
>>
File: F.S.S._Designs_5_LITTER.pict_021.jpg (278KB, 1280x1681px) Image search: [Google]
F.S.S._Designs_5_LITTER.pict_021.jpg
278KB, 1280x1681px
>>14535659
Only the Fatima are noodly and that's completely intentional. FSS probably hase some of the most diverse character features in manga/anime.
>>
>>14535659
>terrible art
>>see image
That's a mecha design, you just proved my point.
>>terrible story
>What's so bad about it?
Stupid 80s ideas and ADHD pacing
>>terrible dialogue
>see above
Why should I bother when this board defends Tomino's tripe anyway.
>>absolutely HORRIFIC noodle character designs
>A lot of them are fairly noodley, I'll give you that.
Noodley is okay, look at CLAMP. Nagano charas look like fucking aliens by comparison.
>>Only redeeming factor are the mecha designs and they rarely show up
>are you fucking retarded
Are you?

>>14535678
>FSS probably hase some of the most diverse character features in manga/anime.

Get back to me when you watch more than 3 anime.
>>
File: five-star-monogatari-2904153.jpg (136KB, 800x1098px) Image search: [Google]
five-star-monogatari-2904153.jpg
136KB, 800x1098px
>>14535764
Further on point, Nagano can't draw people right even when they arent noodles

>>14535523
>le Gundam meme

epic
>>
File: F.S.S._Designs_5_LITTER.pict_009.jpg (119KB, 1280x1653px) Image search: [Google]
F.S.S._Designs_5_LITTER.pict_009.jpg
119KB, 1280x1653px
>>14535764
So you're saying mecha art isn't art?

>Get back to me when you watch more than 3 anime.

Go back to Hirai.
>>
>>14535472
>I dont like the artstyle so its terrible
God, i hate people
>>
File: 201402_05.jpg (538KB, 1255x1600px) Image search: [Google]
201402_05.jpg
538KB, 1255x1600px
>>14535777
>Mangareader

Embarrassing
>>
>>14535472
>>14535764
>>14535777
>All these buzzwords
>mangareader

Faggot you haven't even read FSS yet, threw out a bunch of buzzwords, then just pulled a random page from Google search. Kill yourself.
>>
Nagano's design is like yoshitaka amano's. The original look weird but the artwoek really shine when someone else redraw them
>>
>>14535803
Many people see how detailed the mecha are and go into FSS expecting the rest of the manga to be the same and look like Berserk or Vagabond and are disappointed when it isn't.
>>
File: vsiren.jpg (188KB, 517x722px) Image search: [Google]
vsiren.jpg
188KB, 517x722px
>>14538500
Just look at this thing and try to tell me it would look out of place in Berserk.
>>
I don't really like the art of FSS either. Not saying Nagano is a bad artist, but I never liked that sketchy style of his. I'm someone who prefers more solid lining and shading, more 3D looking like Linebarrels.
>>
>>14535472
Because not everyone's taste is as unrefined and plebeian as yours.

But this is a free country. You're allowed to hate good things and enjoy bad things, (as I'm certain you do)
>>
>>14535764
>Why should I bother when this board defends Tomino's tripe anyway.
We don't want you here and you don't want to be here. So, why don't you do everyone a favor and leave?
>>
File: FSS Volume 26 -074.jpg (496KB, 1094x1500px) Image search: [Google]
FSS Volume 26 -074.jpg
496KB, 1094x1500px
>>14538745
>>14538500
>>14536521
FSS is an 80s manga, that sketchy style was pretty much the norm at the time. I've always found it charming, and for a world described as a fairy tale, the style fits to a tee. There's also the fact that Nagano doesn't have assistants and does literally everything by hand with zero tracing even for backgrounds, which makes FSS really stand out compared to other manga.

>Vol 11-13 translations never
>>
>>14535805
>>14536252
He most likely just pulled a random example off google images. What worthless posts
>>
File: 1376421549758.png (733KB, 1912x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1376421549758.png
733KB, 1912x1400px
>>14539688
I dunno. I'm more used to art like this. FSS's just doesn't do anything for me, regardless of the circumstances. It just looks like unfinished storyboards. Then again, I never got the appeal of Ghibli's art either, so maybe I'm just a contrarian faggot.
>>
File: siren-f2.jpg (164KB, 673x921px) Image search: [Google]
siren-f2.jpg
164KB, 673x921px
>>14539824
See what I mean? >>14538500

>>14539688
Nagano's Mortar Headds stand out like a sore thumb in FSS. Not in a bad way, but in a way that makes everything around them look bland by comparison. They are too detailed to blend in. That scan you posted has sharp stylistic contrast between two panels on the same page that most people would be hard pressed to consider them the same work.
>>
>>14539897
>>14539824
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QPFpRcoWGk
>>
File: DgQmhSx.jpg (296KB, 1200x762px) Image search: [Google]
DgQmhSx.jpg
296KB, 1200x762px
>>14539897
He's gotten better at that
>>
File: FSS Volume 26 -073.jpg (737KB, 1094x1500px) Image search: [Google]
FSS Volume 26 -073.jpg
737KB, 1094x1500px
>>14539897
>Nagano's Mortar Headds stand out like a sore thumb in FSS. Not in a bad way, but in a way that makes everything around them look bland by comparison.

That's kind of the point. Mortar Headds are supposed to be art pieces and displays of one's wealth and social status in addition to being battle machines. They are SUPPOSED to stand out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>14535659
That looks shit. Also Nagano's style of anatomy on his characters is pretty bad too.
>>
>>14541054
Sup OP, back to post more Mangareader images?
>>
>>14541083
>unique ip
>13 posters
>1+ after I post
Okay buddy.
>>
File: Ă÷šÝĂ÷Č÷.jpg (129KB, 550x688px) Image search: [Google]
Ă÷šÝĂ÷Č÷.jpg
129KB, 550x688px
I've not properly read the manga yet so I can't judge the story, but I'm someone who was pretty triggered by the author's aesthetic sense for drawing humans initially. He has a strange idea of what constitutes prettiness much like Masami Obari; but also much like Obari he's very, very skilled despite some questionable design taste and anyone who denies this knows nothing about art. Basically if you think he can't draw you're being dumb and gay.

He also got better at drawing humans over time.

Also like Obari his mecha art is fantastic; in fact I'd say he's even better than Obari. Subjective aesthetic taste aside he draws robots extremely fucking solidly in a way that oozes technical skill.
>>
>>14541485
I think the problem with the earlier art of humans is that a lot of his artistic principles went out the door when drawing moe girls or bishonen. But as early as volume 1 the robots are extremely impressively drawn.

And there's nothing wrong with 'noddle' anatomy, I just think his faces can look awkward. Just because CLAMP aren't the best artists doesn't mean all noodly design is bad.
>>
>>14541496
As an aside I love the robot from the OVA and V1 whose face looks like that of a Final Fantasy black mage.
>>
File: durrhurr noodles.png (399KB, 389x618px) Image search: [Google]
durrhurr noodles.png
399KB, 389x618px
>>14541498
Sometimes he can fuck up his humans but at his best he can make his style work.

I really gotta sit down and read all the translated chapters of this one day.
>>
>>14541502
Oh and for the record I think that's an example of a good drawing.
>>
>>14539824
>It just looks like unfinished storyboards
You're just obsessed with detail and polish so anything rawer looking looks bad to you. You also lack the aesthetic sense to notice quality in other areas, like for example drawing things solidly and three-dimensionally, so you just judge stuff by 'muh detail'.

Berserk has good art and is a good manga, but it also sadly attracts the type of people that treat that kind of aesthetic as some kind of ultimate goal of all art.

You should write for ANN, they'd love your opinions.
>>
File: quwyhlulfyelw;g.png (529KB, 486x614px) Image search: [Google]
quwyhlulfyelw;g.png
529KB, 486x614px
>>14541511
His robots are some of the best I've seen in anime/manga. Very solidly drawn, good design sense that manages to mesh detail with readable figures, extremely individualistic.
>>
>>14538500
That's not even one of Miura's better drawings and in fact shows a mistake he often makes. Everything in that composition just meshes together into a muddy whole instead of having a good use of contrast and negative/positive space; nothing really pops out in that spread. It's not that bad there but sometimes it can make some scenes hard to read at first glance.

A good example of something extremely detailed that's also always brilliantly composed is the Gon manga.
>>
And to end my spree of samefgaging: what's the most convenient way of downloading raws of the untranslated FSS chapters? I want to have more stuff to reference the later art but my usual way of downloading raws is using sites like rawcs that use shitty obsucre DDL sites where you have to wait a bajillion years between downloads. Is there a big torrent or something like that?
>>
>tfw no fatima gf
>>
File: Ranxeroxx.jpg (276KB, 1043x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Ranxeroxx.jpg
276KB, 1043x1600px
>>14538500
Maybe if you stopped for a second, took Miura's cock out of your mouth and actually looked at his drawings you'd see how terrible Miura is at basic stuff like human proportions, perspective and general animal anatomy, or do you sincerely think Skully's horse's neck is even remotely acceptable, let alone the cheap(and wrong) perspective on that dutch angle?

Secondly, your inability to look beyond an artist's style hints at an inability to properly decode and infer basic human symbolism and metaphors, which is one of the symptoms of actual autism.

Lastly, if you want to use "realistic art" as an example, use someone who can actually draw and not a lazy faggot like Miura, bonus points if it's /m/ related and not generic DnD fantasy with Gatchaman ripoffs.

tl;dr: Get some taste you faggot.
>>
>>14541588
That neck looks intentional to me dude. I don't think it's a very good picture and I've explained why in an earlier post but I doubt he thought "this is what horses look like irl" while drawing it.
>>
>>14538500
I guess /m/ just wants to see robots.

No plot, no characters just the machines.
>>
>>14541603
>That neck looks intentional to me dude.
Sure buddy, nice damage control.
>but I doubt he thought "this is what horses look like irl" while drawing it.
But you somehow think Nagano thinks that his drawings are realistic depictions of human beings?
Are you dumb?
Really, are you fucking retarded or something?
Let's even admit for a moment that you're right and Miura didn't fuck up(it's not true, Miura STILL makes glaring anatomical mistakes even after 30 years) but used that horse neck and terrible perspective "symbolically", for god knows what reason.
Nagano does the very same thing(he actually does that you know?), but up to eleven, how does this make him a bad artist?
If anything, by your very own reasoning Nagano should be a much better artist since he can come up with much more symbolically refined, original and detailed designs than anything Miura has come up to to this day.

So let's be completely honest here, you dislike Nagano's style, it's alright, he's not for everyone, I won't comment on narrative either because that too is something extremely subjective though I myself have a few qualms with it.

Out of all the possible examples of good artists, you pick up Miura, who just started to go digital, something that all the big names of his generation did almost twenty years ago, abuses Copy&paste tools and STILL makes anatomically questionable characters in a supposedly realistic style.
I'm even willing to let your stupid view on personal styles slip for a second here because of the atrocity of your choice, you could have picked Inoue, you could have have picked Terada, You could have picked Katsura, even Hagi doesn't fuck up like Miura for god's sake, but no, you picked literally the bottom of the barrel, the most entry level realistic artist in the industry, even Gure-kichi knows how to do distorted perspective better than Miura.
>>
>>14541633
Not "/m/" or even the majority... but many people, do that, yeah. Over the years I've seen people here abloobloo about good things like the Getter manga or Shin Mazinger because they don't have enough robot action.

I'm honestly not obsessed with the robots themselves that much as much as I like the over-the-top and very Japanese attitude that mecha anime tends to have, the way it makes everything look hugely epic (I hate that the internet ruined that word). Same reason things like kaiju films are fun.
>>
File: puck.png (257KB, 438x592px) Image search: [Google]
puck.png
257KB, 438x592px
>>14541638
Lol you sound like you have a stick up your ass and misread shit for the purpose of getting mad.

I've samefagged ITT defending Nagano's art more than anyone else; scroll up a bit and you'll find a ton of my posts one after another praising it. I was just saying that saying Miura can't draw horses because he gave that horse a long neck is silly. I've also criticized Miura and said he's overrated.

THAT SAID your criticism of Miura screams anti-mainstream contrarianism and is just as ignorant as the dumb "critique" of FSS's art in this thread.
>STILL makes anatomically questionable characters in a supposedly realistic style.
Berserk is not meant to be realistic, never was. It's often highly detailed but not realistic. It's had stylized anatomy and faces and anime comedy drawings since the get-go. Miura is an otaku and does not shy away from anime-like things like his dumb fanbase often does.

Two of Miura's biggest influences are Violence Jack and Devilman and those are some of the most expressionistic, no-fucks-given-about-realism Nagai works. The Beast of Darkness design is also hugely inspired by Hakumen from Ushio & Tora which is an anything-but-realistic manga.
>>
>>14541646
>THAT SAID your criticism of Miura screams anti-mainstream contrarianism
I have every single volume of Berserk, together with Gigantomakhia and Ou-Rou, I like Miura's works and I like the evolution in his style, but I don't turn a blind eye to his very evident deficiencies and the fact that most people from his generation or a few years younger are technically much better artists than he could ever hope to be, he's low tier even among the niche artists when it comes to sheer technical talent.
>Berserk is not meant to be realistic, never was
>It's had stylized anatomy and faces and anime comedy drawings since the get-go.
You really make it hard for me to decide whether you're just fishing for replies or are genuinely retarded.
Probably both.
Miura always strived for realism in his works, even when he still was Morikawa's assistant, having super deformed characters or reactions for comedic relief doesn't mean that he's not focusing on a realistic style.
Then again, it's not something you can understand, you can only praise art when it's hyperdetailed and "realistic" enough for you to suit your taste.
Enjoy your (You)s I guess, but let me remind you once again that you're only looking like a giant mouthbreathing dumbass to anyone with half a brain and some knowledge.
>>
File: 4fqXn (1).jpg (152KB, 590x644px) Image search: [Google]
4fqXn (1).jpg
152KB, 590x644px
>>14541666
>Then again, it's not something you can understand, you can only praise art when it's hyperdetailed and "realistic" enough for you to suit your taste.
Nigger you're a colossal autist. I've said before ITT that detail doesn't define quality.
>Miura always strived for realism in his works, even when he still was Morikawa's assistant
That sounds like your own headcanon. Just google searching "berserk manga" brings up tons of Nagai-esque stylization.
>>
File: berserk-26502.jpg (172KB, 1200x868px) Image search: [Google]
berserk-26502.jpg
172KB, 1200x868px
>>14541672
Beyond the composition here being taken straight from Devilman the use of lines is also Nagai-esque
>>
File: berserk-26498.jpg (134KB, 800x1165px) Image search: [Google]
berserk-26498.jpg
134KB, 800x1165px
>>14541675
Watermark I know but as I said, I'm googling.
>>
File: berserk-1591798.jpg (192KB, 732x1100px) Image search: [Google]
berserk-1591798.jpg
192KB, 732x1100px
>>14541679
A similar effect being used in a more recent chapter
>>
>>14541681
If Miura was aiming for "realism" above all else he would not have used so many expressionistic compositions and effects.

Really I can't think of any manga that's going for full realism to the extent that someone like Alex Ross is. Stuff doing so more than Berserk, sure (I Am A Hero for example) but not any attempts at full realism. Japan has traditionally not cared about realism nearly as much as the west.
>>
>>14541672
>I've said before ITT that detail doesn't define quality.
Yet you never said what defines "quality"
>Dynamic lines were invented by Nagai
>Literally cherrypicking of pages that are almost 20 years old
>Tower of Conviction
>Recent

Yeah, I've wasted enough time on you clown, good thing I'm not the only one who saw through your bullshit, but yet I was stupid enough to indulge myself into discussing with a complete retard.
>>
File: Cyborg 009 v01 p039.jpg (674KB, 1108x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg 009 v01 p039.jpg
674KB, 1108x1650px
>>14541691
And if you seriously think I care about detail above all else, note that I think the early Cyborg 009 manga art is amazing.
>>
File: Cyborg 009 v01 p065.jpg (391KB, 1108x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg 009 v01 p065.jpg
391KB, 1108x1650px
>>14541694
I said "more recent", not "recent". You said he was "always" aiming for realism since his assistant days and now that I showed a ton of unrealistic pages you're backpedaling like a motherfucker. But if you want I can download some recent volumes and I bet I can find tons of unrealistic stuff.
>Yet you never said what defines "quality"
Control. Getting from the audience the intended emotional response.

I think things like anatomical knowledge, strong use of gesture, good perspective etc are important tools but they are just that, tools.
>>
File: Justice-league-alex-ross.jpg (578KB, 2000x996px) Image search: [Google]
Justice-league-alex-ross.jpg
578KB, 2000x996px
>>14541703
>>14541694
The way you've been chimping out ans strawmanning me in this thread is really funny. My tastes are the opposite of what you think you are; I'd rather look at 70s Go Nagai, ONE or Milt Gross than anything by Alex Ross.
>>
File: Berserk_v36_p019.png (3MB, 2979x4225px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v36_p019.png
3MB, 2979x4225px
>>14541711
*of what you think they are

I'm skimming through Berserk volume 36 and the second page I clicked on instantly had some pretty cartoonish facial proportions & expressions.
>>
File: Berserk_v36_p024.png (4MB, 2979x4225px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v36_p024.png
4MB, 2979x4225px
>>14541717
~realism~
>>
File: Berserk_v36_p027.png (3MB, 2979x4225px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v36_p027.png
3MB, 2979x4225px
>>14541721
You're chucking shit at me and accusing me of so many things but you're the one who thinks striving for high detail = striving for realism
>>
File: realism.png (304KB, 477x565px) Image search: [Google]
realism.png
304KB, 477x565px
>>14541727
disney villain faces are very realistic 8^)
>>
>>14541711
Stop responding to the autist. This alone >>14541694
>Yet you never said what defines "quality"
should've been enough to tell you he's delusionally invested in 'winning' the argument over making any actual point. Of course you never defined quality, that was never part of the discussion. You were just correcting his misindentification. He's pulling at straws to try and find a "gotcha!" when he could just admit his mistook you for OP and fucking move on.
>>
File: 276.png (184KB, 677x1000px) Image search: [Google]
276.png
184KB, 677x1000px
>>14541694
>>14541739
Also I'm not saying dynamic lines were invented by Go Nagai but it's likely where Miura took them from since he listed Nagai as one of his main influences in terms of drawing and one of his favorite artists.

See, I can name random MANGA FUN FACTS too while also not being a contrarian manbaby.
>>
File: jack5_044.jpg (138KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_044.jpg
138KB, 841x1200px
>>14541762
I'm mainly doing it because what he's saying about Berserk aiming for "realism" above all else is a common misconception. I know I won't change his mind, it's more about the bystanders who might be reading.
>>
>>14541772
That's true but the effort would probably be more relevant on /v/, I doubt there are many of Beserk's entry level fanbase lurking here.
>>
File: goodpanel.png (251KB, 494x1070px) Image search: [Google]
goodpanel.png
251KB, 494x1070px
>>14541772
That and I like namedropping Violence Jack and highlighting its influence on Berserk. I can't stand it when people act like Berserk is a genius high art masterpiece but Jack is awful irredeemable garbage.
>>
File: ironplate.jpg (201KB, 677x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ironplate.jpg
201KB, 677x1000px
>>14541779
I've seen the same sort of shit on /a/ since forever. Aside from one guy I've seen on MAL I'm the only person I know who mentions the Jack-Berserk connection.

And I've never seen anyone else point out how the "it was not like a sword, but more like an iron plate" line is word-for-word taken from Jack.
>>
File: photoshop-master.jpg (895KB, 1272x698px) Image search: [Google]
photoshop-master.jpg
895KB, 1272x698px
>there are people in this thread who will still defend Miura

why
>>
>>14542676
I don't think anyone defended Miura for being lazy AF, just his stylistic choices.

Sometimes I feel like the fanbase needed something like that horrible new CLANG TV show to get them off their high horse.
>>
>>14535472
Cool story bro.
>>
File: rapehorse.jpg (20KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
rapehorse.jpg
20KB, 640x356px
>>14542722
>high horse

Haha, I see what you did there anon.
>>
File: empress.jpg (917KB, 1373x1741px) Image search: [Google]
empress.jpg
917KB, 1373x1741px
>>14541541
>what's the most convenient way of downloading raws of the untranslated FSS chapters?

This is all of volume 11 and 12. Volume 13 is here, but it's the Newtype magazine serialization. The official volume 13 only adds ten or so extra pages summarizing Gothicmade, and the thread for that is still alive somewhere here, I believe.

http://raw-zip.com/manga-%e3%83%95%e3%82%a1%e3%82%a4%e3%83%96%e3%82%b9%e3%82%bf%e3%83%bc%e7%89%a9%e8%aa%9e-five-star-monogatari/

Gears Online also has scans of the newest chapters being published in Newtype, but the site's server is dead for some reason, so I don't know where the download links are anymore.
>>
File: 69.jpg (2MB, 2747x3532px) Image search: [Google]
69.jpg
2MB, 2747x3532px
>>14541498
I like Decors progression in the story. He starts out as a simple pervert who gets his ass kicked and then later you learn he's actually really fucking skilled.
>>
File: aldnoah-zero-0204.jpg (455KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aldnoah-zero-0204.jpg
455KB, 1280x720px
>>14541534
>>14541588
>>14540483
I'm not saying that Nagano is a bad artist or that Miura is perfect either, but the matter of fact is that Miura's art is more consistent than Nagano's. Sure he's jumped through some artistic changes like the recently more moe-fied designs in the newer chapters of Berserk, but the style is uniform throughout. My problem with Nagano is that his style is not uniform because his mecha and backgrounds clash too much; it's like your typical CGI mecha in a 2D anime. It may be the most gorgeous CGI mecha ever, but it is still going to look out of place and detract from the overall experience. And without immersion, the quality of the art itself becomes moot.
>>
File: 75.jpg (2MB, 2722x3530px) Image search: [Google]
75.jpg
2MB, 2722x3530px
>>14541541
For new chapter scans there's Gears Online's forum but it's been down for over a month now... There's also Baidu: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%E4%BA%94%E6%98%9F%E7%89%A9%E8%AF%AD&ie=utf-8
>>
File: img000016.png (377KB, 743x1080px) Image search: [Google]
img000016.png
377KB, 743x1080px
>>14544325
>Miura's art is more consistent than Nagano's.

Holy shit, do you just enjoy digging your own grave even deeper?
>>
>>14543284
Where did you get that pic from, anon? Is it from the newest Newtype?
>>
File: img000002.png (1MB, 1496x1080px) Image search: [Google]
img000002.png
1MB, 1496x1080px
>>14544351
>>14544325
>"immersive"
>>
>>14544351
>>14544362
They both look fine. Just because Miura's characters are now more moe doesn't mean the art style isn't consistent.
>>
>>14544351
>>14544362
Was this suppose to prove him wrong? Because this looks better than Nagano.
>>
>>14544372
>Just because Miura's characters are now more moe doesn't mean the art style isn't consistent.

Congrats on proving that you are either blind or in denial. In case you can't tell, the characters are flat and have no depth to their design, and juxtaposed upon detailed, almost 3D, backgrounds. So flat, that they can be copypasted in different panels and a moron like you wouldn't even notice it! >>14542676

By your own definition, Berserk is not an "immersive" manga, therefore it is shit, according to (you).
>>
File: BvA2ZaZ.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BvA2ZaZ.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>14544421
Now that's not fair, the newer chapters look a bit off because Miura has just transitioned into digital and is now taking his time to learn it. The pre-digital stuff was flawless.
>>
>>14544351
>using the literal newest chapter that miura is creating using digital, unlike his traditional way of drawing, in a way to prove inconsistency, instead of ANY volume before this one
ahahahahahahahaha holy fucking shit
>>
File: off-the-boat.png (897KB, 1649x1187px) Image search: [Google]
off-the-boat.png
897KB, 1649x1187px
>>14544458
>>14544662
Let's get to the chapter where everyone finally got off the fucking boat then. Before Miura went digital. Oh look, it's the same thing. Ya'll sure showed me!

I don't actually have a problem with how Berserk is drawn like some of the other anons here, or how the new digital chapter looks (other than the disgusting Photoshop of characters thanks to Miura's laziness). But to say that it's anymore "immersive" or "consistent" in its harmony between characters and background than FSS or any other manga is balls to the walls retarded. Characters and objects are supposed to stand out from their backgrounds, that's why they're called "back" grounds. And it's not just limited to manga, anime backgrounds never match with character art either unless the backgrounds are stupidly simple or crude. And that's why >>14538500
is not a good drawing. It's a muddy mess with nothing that stands out, which is atypical of how Miura tends to draw like in these manga pages.

Basically, your criticism is fucking retarded and shows that you don't understand the first thing about art.
>>
>>14544773
>But to say that it's anymore "immersive" or "consistent" in its harmony between characters and background than FSS or any other manga is balls to the walls retarded.
Not really because its true especially FSS which looks like chicken scratch
>>
>>14544790
>chicken scratch

You are retarded. >>14541511
>>
File: FSS_Designs_I_169.jpg (3MB, 2916x4000px) Image search: [Google]
FSS_Designs_I_169.jpg
3MB, 2916x4000px
>>14544805
>chicken scratch

It kind of makes sense if he's referring to the backgrounds since a lot of the time the story is set on a desert. Kind of typical for a manga from the 80's, though.
>>
>>14544325
>it's like your typical CGI mecha in a 2D anime. It may be the most gorgeous CGI mecha ever, but it is still going to look out of place and detract from the overall experience.

CGI mecha tend to have buttery-smooth movement and a metallic gloss finish on them which makes them look out of place with the entirety of the rest of the show, which has jerkier character animation and a comparatively duller color pallete. Manga is a medium where neither of those two factors are in play.
>>
>>14544773
Are those the same character models copy and pasted into >>14542676? I refuse to believe this is real and not just a fake edit.
>>
>>14546449
Oh, it's real. >>14542676 both from the same chapter, even. That's how lazy Miura has gotten.
>>
>>14544805
And that looks like shit. What is with you FSSfags and your constant delusion over everything?
>>
File: 1464896013648.jpg (22KB, 400x309px) Image search: [Google]
1464896013648.jpg
22KB, 400x309px
>>14546562
>lazy
>that well detailed well drawn background and set pieces
>HURR HE'S A LAZY PIECE OF SHIT BECAUSE HE COPYPASTA THE SAME CHARACTER MODEL TO SAVE TIME
And its still looks better than anything Nagano has shittied out
>>
>>14546685
>>14546692
Quality replies, have a (you)
>>
>>14544361
Grabbed it off of 2chan, but I can't find the rest of the scans anywhere else. I have a feeling that the Nips have their own set of scans somewhere that they deliberately hide from Gaijins.
>>
>>14546692
If he had enough time to draw those pretty looking backgrounds then he has just as enough time to draw original 3/4 back positions for Guts and co. I would normally expect this shit from the likes of Filmation, not someone as talented as Miura.

>And its still looks better than anything Nagano has shittied out
Detail wise yes. Everything else-wise..eh.
>>
>>14546981
Kinda looks like Nagano made some subtle changes to the design, doesn't it?
>>
File: tisphone.jpg (217KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
tisphone.jpg
217KB, 700x700px
I can safely say that transitioning to digital has done Nagano far more favors than it does for his other peers (i.e. Kitazume).
>>
>>14535523
what a qt
>>
File: 1465791379709.jpg (191KB, 904x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1465791379709.jpg
191KB, 904x1280px
>>14550645
>I can safely say that transitioning to digital has done Nagano far more favors
>>
>>14550916
The quality of drawing =/= quality of design. Know the difference.
>>
File: sopp-laki-suezo.jpg (142KB, 659x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sopp-laki-suezo.jpg
142KB, 659x1000px
>>14535523
Why is modern Sopp now not only transgender, but also black/hispanic/muslim? Is Nagano secretly a tumblr browser?
>>
File: nagano-ikuhara.jpg (37KB, 318x706px) Image search: [Google]
nagano-ikuhara.jpg
37KB, 318x706px
>>14552589
>Is Nagano secretly a tumblr browser?

Wouldn't surprise me.
>>
File: qgqwglqiwoy.png (18KB, 125x132px) Image search: [Google]
qgqwglqiwoy.png
18KB, 125x132px
>>14544421
Nigger "flat" and "non-detailed" aren't synonyms. The facial features wrap around the faces of Miura's characters three-dimensionally even if they're kawaii desu loli/shota things.
>>14542676
This however is depressing though. I dunno why he'd do that shit; maybe his editor wouldn't get off his ass so he just copypasted some shit to finish the chapter faster, I honestly have no idea.

I thought "maybe he's totally sick of drawing Berserk" but I wouldn't say those are the drawings of someone who hates the job he's doing. Even his loli pissing fetish manga had a very Berserk-esque feeling to it so I genuinely think this is the kind of stuff he enjoys drawing.
>>
>>14543284
Literally every single upload of the last 2 volumes in your link is down, brah.

I'd say "someone upload them" but I suspect they'd just get taken down again. Should I just leave my email here? I kinda really want to see these last volumes.
>>
File: 1469413161039.png (80KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
1469413161039.png
80KB, 580x580px
>>14550934
good thing it looks like shit and is poorly designed
>>
>>14554103
>he says so while unironically using a ONE reaction image
>>
File: a good page.jpg (447KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
a good page.jpg
447KB, 600x848px
>>14554108
ONE and Nagano are both good artists for very different reasons
>>
File: 1457015488343.jpg (25KB, 515x588px) Image search: [Google]
1457015488343.jpg
25KB, 515x588px
>>14554114
>Nagano
>good artist
>>
>>14554171
Yes he is. At least his art, even with flaws considered, is still more interesting than the generic looking "usually-seen-in-every-other-annie-may-ever" design in your pic.
>>
File: bang-doll.jpg (422KB, 1150x823px) Image search: [Google]
bang-doll.jpg
422KB, 1150x823px
>>14555561
Don't respond to the bait.
>>
File: 1466110880036.jpg (456KB, 1869x1182px) Image search: [Google]
1466110880036.jpg
456KB, 1869x1182px
>>14555561
>is still more interesting than the generic looking "usually-seen-in-every-other-annie-may-ever"
His art becomes more and more simplistic s the years go on and his mecha designs become DA tier. It's not unique its jut retarded
>>
File: mj-nagano.jpg (390KB, 742x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mj-nagano.jpg
390KB, 742x1200px
>>14555768
>His art becomes more and more simplistic s the years go on

No, his art is more detailed than ever before. To a fault because it makes the Gothicmades look like monstrous clusterfucks due to how much detail is crammed in. They're not well-designed, but they are well-drawn.
>>
File: 1465793802880.jpg (4MB, 7184x4400px) Image search: [Google]
1465793802880.jpg
4MB, 7184x4400px
>>14555786
I meant his humans. In the 80's they had a prestige of its time period and now its AYY LMAOS
>>
>>14555821
But his 80s humans were not that well-drawn.
>>
File: Gothicmade World Guide -098.jpg (1MB, 3482x4689px) Image search: [Google]
Gothicmade World Guide -098.jpg
1MB, 3482x4689px
>>14555846
Compared to now
>>
File: christine-01.jpg (56KB, 355x720px) Image search: [Google]
christine-01.jpg
56KB, 355x720px
>>14555846
I think his 80s designs were pretty neat but are very much a product of their time and don't really hold up today. That picture looks way worse than his usual character art back then though and is in not a good representation.
>>
File: wtf-nagano.jpg (46KB, 368x541px) Image search: [Google]
wtf-nagano.jpg
46KB, 368x541px
>>14555869
>That picture looks way worse than his usual character art back then though and is in not a good representation.

Probabaly cause it was drawn in his L-Gaim days.
>>
>>14554088
>I'd say "someone upload them" but I suspect they'd just get taken down again. Should I just leave my email here? I kinda really want to see these last volumes.

http://www.file[and this]dropper.com/anon-fss-pack

Includes volumes 11, 12 and 13.
>>
File: kan.jpg (721KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
kan.jpg
721KB, 1200x800px
>>14555869
That would be a good drawing if it weren't for the flat pancake face.

I miss how warm and simple the hand-painted colors used in cels were before everything went to digipaint.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.