[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armored Core Boardgame Kickstarter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/223137030/armored-coretm-rts-a-real-time-strategy-board-game

Okay what? When did this happen? This came out of nowhere.

Also, this has the oddest pledge tiers I've ever seen. All of the tiers to get you the absolute full game are already gone.

And rather than doing stretch goals they seem to be revealing add ons as they near the actual funding goal? Who's running this thing?
>>
I just want to know how a board game is real-time
>>
>>14531491

That's also utterly confusing to me. I should probably actually watch their video and such.
>>
>>14531491
It is probably phase based.

Phase 1: Movement - Everyone moves their units.

Phase 2: Fire - Everyone shoots if able. All fire is considered simultaneous.

Phase 3: Resolution - Does someone win? If no go to Phase 1
>>
>it's based on V

into the trash it goes
>>
>>14531512
The video explains jack shit.
>>
>>14531491
Instead of turns with which to micromanage each unit, you program the behaviors of a UNAC that are followed over the span of time unit intervals?

And between each time unit you can alter the behaviors of your UNAC, but otherwise the units move without direct player input?

I think a game like that has been done before, so there's a precedence.
>>
>>14531781

Shoo, go away vintageware hipster, back on sucking you outdated Normals more.
>>
>>14531484
> Boardgame
FUCK THIS! Give me a proper PC port!
>>
>>14531484
>When did this happen? This came out of nowhere.

Not really, it's simply been upheld by the Japanese fan base and the niché audience abroad wasn't the focus.

Anyway, I think they would have been better served with an alternation of Infinity's active system rather than going fully real time.
>>
Looks pretty cool, and might be interesting to play.

>>14531484
>All of the tiers to get you the absolute full game are already gone.

While this is true, looks like you can still order the addons that make up the full game, totaling like 20-30 more bucks than the pledge levels that would give you the full game.
>>
File: 1469371354100.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1469371354100.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>14532973

>Muh PC abloo bloo bloo
>>
we all know its gonna be shit at being fast/ not clunky/ anything like the games
>>
>Working on mechanical themed boardgame since boardgames are boomin and there's 0 eastern mechanical games out there
>See this.
>Motherfuckers.

Aside from hexes and mecha figures there's nothing in common though and I'm going for a much more Eastern aesthetic and themes. Mine will be turn based / randomly dealt board tiles and a simpler pilot / upgrade assignment system.

Still, annoying to be best to the punch.
>>
>>14533649

*beat. Durr.
>>
File: TAG.jpg (135KB, 926x555px) Image search: [Google]
TAG.jpg
135KB, 926x555px
>>14533649
>there's 0 eastern mechanical games out there

Isn't that exactly what Infinity is all about?
A Euro-nime TT game with sci-fi designs and tight rules.
>>
>>14533677

Well dang.

I've mainly been going off ever being able to find anything to sate my thirst online or in stores but I guess I've just been missing this stuff. It's a positive sign, at least, that there is an interest for it.
>>
>>14533649
Bad news for you, bruh. More than one person beat you to the punch.

>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2115086518/giga-robo/description
>>
>>14532776
>Implying that anything not a NEXT isn't a Normal or worse
>Implying that you don't pilot Normals in ACV

>>14533549
>ACV
>Fast
>>
>>14533690

This is some Doom Patrol / X-men, Swamp Thing / Man Thing, Vision / Red Tornado shit.

There's still a big difference in combat and mine is squad based but these are definite incentives to hurry the he'll up and get my KickStarter online.
>>
>>14533709
Well, best of luck to you anon.
>>
>>14533709
>>14533733
Seconded. We can always do with more /m/ stuff in any genre.

Going by >>14533649, is your game at all like Neuroshima Hex? Because I love Neuroshima Hex.
>>
>>14533733

Cheers, Anon.

>>14533749

I've just had a google; it's frustrating / amazing how these things can be developed seperately.

But, kinda. It's a big board created by dealing tiles, each tile is divided into hexes with different stats and bonuses. Combat is done through modifiers and rolls with units having upgrade cards.

I'll be bringing it to /m/ once I've got a decent proof of concept, since it's been largely influenced by my time here. A lot of the cards are thematically inspired by /m/ anime events and characters.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.