[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did they mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>14529608
ONCE THE ZEON GUNDAM IS MASS-PRODUCED...!
>>
>>14529608
Pretty obvious.

If the Federation had waited at least another day after the fleet got zapepd by the colony laser, the Zeeks would have been able to field four Zeongs, instead of only one.
>>
>>14530036
Okay, but how does that relate to the amputee thing? Or is it just a random twist?
>>
>>14530066
It doesn't. The Reuse Psycho Device was it's own separate thing detached from the rest of Zeon's development.
>>
>>14529608
>Mass Produce it
>Doesn't even finish it by giving it legs

Seriously?
Also, who's gonna pilot it? It's a newtype use mobile suit.
>>
>>14529608
It means Thunderbolt is shit and you should stop paying attention to it

It only gets more stupid as the manga continues.
>>
>>14531473
Why do you need legs in space?
>>
>>14531473
There is a leg right behind the arm with the 2 on it.
>>
it means that instead of mass producing gelgoogs they'd have produced a lot of zeongs who can only be pilot by a tenth of their army.

zeon was too obsessed with newtypes to actually win the war
>>
>>14531473
>Also, who's gonna pilot it? It's a newtype use mobile suit.
If UC has taught us ANYTHING, it's that there are Newtypes everywhere, on both sides of the conflict, in readily enough number to pilot all Newtype-specific weaponry that both sides can actually make it to field.

Forget Char and Amuro. By the time we got to Ecole du Ciel and the Side Stories: Missing Link game, we already had two more Zeon pilots able to pilot not one, but TWO Bishops/Psycommu-Zaku-Test-Types-w/legs, of which were SUPPOSED to be useless because of their ten minute maximum operation time. AND two pre-Zeta OYW-era CYBER NEWTYPES in MSV-R, by the normally very fluff-loyal Ark Performance. Oh, and ANOTHER FEDERATION NEWTYPE in Missing Link, piloting the Pale Rider.

And even in canon, Chalia Bull comes out of freaking nowhere to give the White Base a chase because Gihren said so. Allegedly his co-pilot lady was also a Newtype in planning, but the series was too far away from Tomino's original design by that point anyways.

If there's Newtype weapons, there will be coincidentally enough Newtypes to pilot them.
>>
>>14535639
Newtypes are actually very effective though. So effective that in Ecole du Ciel, the Federation is perfectly fine sacrificing entire battleships and a whole class of pilot trainees and their mobile suits just to test if ONE of their pilots is a Newtype.

A Newtype in a single mobile suit can single-handedly become an army and turn the tides of battle. 30 more Gelgoogs isn't going to change the Zeon's defeat time they were ready.
If Zeon had consolidated their MS industry early on rather than having three different competing manufacturers and as well less idiotic leadership factions squabbling for glory and resources, they'd at least have been able to sue for peace and conditional independence.

Zeon wasn't wrong in pushing Newtype research; it was that they were too stupid about near every other decision they made strategically and tactically because they're cartoon villains.

Hell, in hindsight, mobile suit technology and Newtype technology are Zeon's goddamn legacy to UC; those are the only things of goddamn use from UC's start to end!
>>
>>14529608
>>14530036
and considering just one Zeong piloted by Char(who at the time is a weak enough Newtype that he isn't even completely sure he can pilot it properly) was tearing apart in it's path till Amuro showed up(and vice versa with Amuro in the Gundam), three more Zeongs, possibly piloted by more skilled Newtypes than Char is would have completely stomped the Federation's assault on A Baoa Qu

honestly if the Federation didn't still have a huge numbers advantage even after having most of their fleet Colony Lasered they would have gotten stomped hard considering all the high tier suits Zeon was deploying in that battle(if we account for every side story and game there's at least 5 to 10 Mobile Armors alone getting deployed in the battle)
>>
>>14536054
Eeeh, that's giving Zeon a bit too much credit. Amuro and Char are the most powerful Newtypes in the UC; in side material, most Newtypes are powerful, but nowhere near their ability. I don't think three more Zeongs would have made significant changes to the battlefield from what the expanded (and increasingly ridiculous) UC shows.

We have to remember that retcons and expansions to UC actually gave the Federation bullshit like the Riders series, which are on par with the Gundam Alex (and arguably better, due to their more sophisticated weapon loadouts).
Missing Link also gave the Federation an indeterminate number of Newtypes with its retcon of the Augusta Institute having battle-ready Newtypes (such as the pilot of the Pale Rider).
>>
Will they ever make episode 5? I want to see the atlas gundam and io's prison break.
>>
>>14536073
>Amuro and Char are the most powerful Newtypes in the UC
not really, there's plenty of Newtypes who are more powerful than either(and as I mentioned Char wasn't all that strong during the OYW), the main advantage both had was that they were both really damn good pilots, their Newtype abilities merely amplified this(with Kamille being a much more powerful Newtype than either of them for example)

also to my knowledge most of the Side Stories have kept the Federation's more potent designs away from A Baoa Qu for various reasons(indeed I don't recollect anything ever indicating outside of Thunderbolt that the Federation even had anything more advanced than the GM Command at A Baoa Qu not counting the RX78-2 that is)
>>
>>14536218
>(and as I mentioned Char wasn't all that strong during the OYW)
He wasn't even that strong afterwards; he was alwas just a REALLY good pilot. He was always weaker than Amuro, which only further fueled the rivalry.
>>
File: RX-78-3.png (769KB, 768x1374px) Image search: [Google]
RX-78-3.png
769KB, 768x1374px
>>14536218
>(indeed I don't recollect anything ever indicating outside of Thunderbolt that the Federation even had anything more advanced than the GM Command at A Baoa Qu not counting the RX78-2 that is)
The RX-78-3 in proper lore outside of the novel doesn't really have much in terms of info on who piloted it or where, but we DO know it was at A Baoa Qu serving aboard the Blanc Rival. It can be seen in the hanger when Bayard crash lands in Blanc Rival's left docking bay arm, which happens after the final shooting scene, so we know the pilot survived.

Char's Deleted Affair can suck my dick.
>>
File: Gundam The Ride RX-78-3.png (576KB, 853x437px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam The Ride RX-78-3.png
576KB, 853x437px
>>14536278
Pic for reference
>>
File: Asshimar punch.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Asshimar punch.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>14536259
Not really. He had trouble taking on Lila's Galbaldy, someone that Kamille dispatched rather easily (it was early in the series and Kamille wasn't fully developed in terms of newtype power or pilot skill). Trying to snipe the Dogosse Gier was also pretty awful, he felt pressure from Scirocco and then just decided to fire because he assumed that meant he had a perfect shot lined up (it missed the bridge by a couple dozen metres).

Also, there was that time he let himself get distracted and then punched by Buran's Asshimar.
>>
>>14536278
I don't think an amusement part ride counts as proper lore. It's certainly less viable than any manga.
>>
File: RX-78-3.jpg (475KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
RX-78-3.jpg
475KB, 667x1000px
>>14536306
The whole "Only anime is canon" argument is really overblown. I will always curse Mark Simmons for that (as I'm sure he curses himself at this point.) Horiguchi Shigeru's literal words were "I count whatever’s in the footage as official," and then Watanabe Toshiro said "We can roughly split the setting into three levels: White (official), shades of grey(happened, but the details are not set in stone), and black (lies)." At which point they added addendums that material like the 08th MS Team DVD documentaries and Gihren's Greed cutscenes are at best "second-hand accounts" and not the actual truth. Similarly, the Battlefield Record 0081 OVA is canon, but the game and manga are in the grey area (though likely the lighter side, since unlike most side stories, 0081 happens quite a bit after the war and uses entirely suits that could easily exist around that time anyway.) Then they went on to roast 08th MS Team for break lore consistency so hard and that Toshihiro really, REALLY hates the Gyan Cannon.

Gundam; The Ride is produced by Sunrise, and it is the ONLY onscreen account of RX-78-3's role in the war, so unless they later decide to make an OVA or series detailing what happened, we can assume that the RX-78-3 was indeed at A Baoa Qu. What it did there is a mystery, but it was there.
>>
>>14536299
That animation is so terrible.
>>
File: 78-4.jpg (235KB, 790x592px) Image search: [Google]
78-4.jpg
235KB, 790x592px
>>14536218
This guy and his brother were last seen around December 0079
>>
>>14536218
>not really, there's plenty of Newtypes who are more powerful than either

Amuro single handedly pushed axis away from the Earth. Kamille did fuck all besides make a super long beam sword that one time.
>>
>>14530066
It means Zeon would have won the war, ya dingus
>>
You know, with all the Zeonwanking Banrise loves to do every so often, I kind of want Banrise to man up and make an alternate history series where a number of key things things went differently and Zeon ends up winning, such as managing to field all 4 Zeongs or getting the Gelgoogs out sooner or even having both Casval and Char alive and in a friendly rivalry with each other.
>>
>>14536568
Amuro triggered the miracle, but he didn't do it by himself. His strong intent resonated through the Nu's psycoframe and that pulled everyone to help. Their feelings then experienced a feedback that looped with the Nu and caused the miracle.

Amuro is the conduit as well as the conductor, but you can't take away the fact that the Axis Shock miracle was the resonating feelings of everyone on that battlefield at that moment.
>>
JEWEON GUNDAM
>>
Gundam is ass-pulling fiction.
Use your brain cells on other useful things.
>>
>>14536621
What happens to Amuro and the White Base crew?
>>
>>14536527
if I remember EIS properly they were on the Moon at that time, or at least shortly afterward, cause I remember a mission that was during the literal last hours of the war where you had to fight an Elmeth

>>14536621
>>14536659
I remember thinking of one AU idea where the Gene and Denim don't attack when they go into Side 7, so Amuro never gets in the Gundam, so while White Base leaves Side 7 with all 9 Project V suits, it also doesn't have Amuro's budding Newtype Piloting Savantness to aid them, so Char is easily able to capture White Base, without the White Base acting as a very dangerous decoy Zeon is able to not only keep a lot of valuable Aces alive and use them in more important matters, it also means the Federation Forces at Odessa are successfully nuked, Garma is still alive(since Char doesn't get an easy opportunity to lead him to his death like in canon), and a bunch of other divergences(notably the federation is deprived of some very important data due to the loss of the Project V suits, so while they are still able to deploy GM's more or less on schedule, they end up ever so slightly less effective than in canon)

admittedly it'd be less "ZEON WINS" and more likely lead to the One Year War to become a Several Year War, with all the bad that implies
>>
>>14536073
>Amuro and Char are the most powerful newtypes in the UC
They can only use 4 and 6 funnels respectively
Ple Two can use 60 funnels
>>
>>14530036

Which seems kind of dumb, considering that they didn't even consider the first one useable. They have some kind of mass production setup there, but it clearly doesn't include legs. The same legs that, missing which, much of the staff considered the Zeon to be incomplete without and Char had to convince them to let him fly it anyway, making do with an incomplete machine.

This picture only makes sense if your end goal is to intentionally build a bunch of incomplete legless Zeongs. You know, like what the model kits are OH WAIT I GET IT NOW.
>>
>>14536659
Amuro misses getting onto the White Base due to delays or shifts in attack plans, which subsequently results in White Base getting captured early on, leading directly to faster development and deployment of the Gelgoogs and some other more advanced MS. The same applies to warships, using what little advances the White Base itself had to improve the next generation of warships. At the same time, this sets back Federation R&D and resulting in more lost territory sooner.

Another ripple effect includes Char not going on a rampage because Lala is alive and keeping him stable, and she ends up sortieing alongside Char and his elite Zeong squadron near the end, so Char for the rest of the alternate timeline is focused on passing the true Zeon ideals.
>>
>>14540394
>but it clearly doesn't include legs
see
>>14535596
>>
>>14529608
It's how the Federation gets the Psycoframe.
>>
>>14532524
AMBAC.
>>
>>14536692
>if I remember EIS properly they were on the Moon at that time, or at least shortly afterward, cause I remember a mission that was during the literal last hours of the war where you had to fight an Elmeth
Actually they have 4 different endings to their story. One where they're wiped out at the moon protecting the Zeon PM, one where they succeed defending him and two at A Baoa Qu. They die in one and in the other succeed and the game hints Ford gets sniped.
>>
>>14529608
It how they manage to create and build PsyCo Gundams once Titans came into being.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.