[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinite Warfare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: FB_IMG_1469223955346.jpg (251KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469223955346.jpg
251KB, 2048x2048px
Yeah, yeah, I know
>Call of Duty.

But the more I see of it the more I'm convinced it'll be good, or at the very least decent.

https://youtu.be/kdkgiQ4PE-I
>>
>>14527601
On one hand, having the captain of a ship directly going out into combat himself is fucking stupid. On the other, being a combination of Shepard and Bright Noa sounds rad as hell. Kind of want.
>>
New gameplay, if anyone cares.
https://youtu.be/vP_8_8LAi4I
>>
>>14527601
If the space shit is in multiplayer then I'll give it a look if it's just there for a three hour campaign fuck it I'll couch coop the shit at a friend's and save $60.
>>
>>14527601
I wonder why so many people are hating on this.
I mean I haven't played cod since MW3 but this one actually looked interesting to me because of how different it is, and also because it panders to my /m/ side.
>>
>>14527740
As I'm sure you're aware, MW3 started a noticeable decline in the series. It wasn't bad, but it was more of the same from MW2. Well, when Black Ops 2 was announced, a lot of people were wary of the futuristic stuff, but Black Ops 2 ended up being pretty good, and people praised it for doing something different than past titles. And when Ghosts ended up being shit, people were tired of the series being stagnant.

Then Advanced Warfare happened, and it was mediocre as fuck. Story was carried solely by Kevin Spacey's acting, Multiplayer was an unbalanced kangaroo party with retarded looking cosmetics in a military shooter, and they added supply drops, which were Activision trying to make a quick buck through microtransactions. Unfortunately, it worked, and Black Ops 3 brought along an even worse supply drop system.

Anyways, back on topic. After Advanced Warfare, some people wanted COD to be 'serious' and 'realistic' again, even though COD has never been realistic and science fiction can be very serious. They started clamoring for 'muh boots on the ground'.

I'll continue this in another post.
>>
>>14527781
And when Black Ops 3 was announced, a decent bit of people were REEEEEE'ing about it going for another future setting, even though they were fine with it Black Ops 2. If it wasn't for the fact that it was a Black Ops title and not a new one, I imagine it would have seen a similar level of vitriol to what Infinite Warfare is seeing. Black Ops 3 was, in my opinion, the best COD since the first Black Ops, and the game got praised and people were enjoying it. Treyarch delivered, as they so often do.

While the supply drop system is RNG bullshit that would make Destiny blush and the campaign.........happened, the multiplayer was solid and Zombies was as enjoyable as ever. But even so, some people wanted the series to 'go back to its roots', and go to either modern times or World War 2.

So when IW was finally revealed, the people who were tired of the futuristic stuff complained, which is understandable, because I would have been upset if this year's COD went back to modern times or World War 2. People complained that this wasn't what COD should be, or that sci fi settings were childish and bot gritty enough. Infinity Ward has said that there would be classic gameplay, but that wasn't enough. Additionally, bandwagoning faggots have been parroting 'not muh COD' bullshit nonestop, because people love to hate things.

Anyways, TL;DR for this long winded rant:
People got tired of COD being exactly the same each year, so the series changed up a bit. Now people think it's too different, and want the series to go back to the very same status quo it was lambasted for not even 5 years ago.

It's a vicious cycle of retardation.
>>
>>14527829
>BO3
>Better than BO2

But

The campaign
>>
File: sempermars.jpg (36KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
sempermars.jpg
36KB, 300x400px
>>14527781
I guess I'm the odd one out thinking Ghosts had the best campaign.

The battles in space were awesome. Reminded me of the fight on the international space station in pic related. Probably due to it being a fight on the international space station...
>>
>>14527838
Yeah, I know, but I haven't played multiplayer or Zambinos this much since Black Ops 1. And while the campaign's story was fanfiction-tier levels of bad, the actual gameplay of the campaign was pretty cool, since you could choose your route and had all the cybernetic abilities at your disposal. BO3 has BO2 beat at everything except campaign, because 2's campaign was pretty good.
>>
>>14527851
The campaign was the best part about Ghosts, and I am curious to see what happens after the cliffhanger at the end.

But the multiplayer was just so bad that it ruined my enjoyment of the game. Although, sniping in Ghosts MP was actually pretty great.

I still enjoyed Ghosts, but I'd rather play any of the other mainline CO games than it.
>>
>>14527657
>Get to the fighter part
> listening to Endoh's version of the Aquarion OP

yeah now thats the good stuff
>>
>>14527781
>even though COD has never been realistic
Calladoody's up to 3 were pretty grounded actually.
Its only when we get to 4 and onward when they start getting over the top micheal bay-esque.
>>
>>14527912
Grounded yes, but I never would call a COD a realistic series. It's always been very video gamey.
>>
>>14527657
Looks good. Too bad it's a Call of Duty game.
>>
File: Giant_mech_Origins_BOII.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Giant_mech_Origins_BOII.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>14527912
>Calladoody's up to 3 were pretty grounded actually.

I seem to recall 90% of CoD 2 being "10 allied soldiers killing 500 nazis" and "sticky bombs are best way to kill tanks". Then again vehicles are more of a battlefield thing.

anyways who gives a shit about cod campaigns though, its all about DEM ZOMBIES EASTER EGGS!
>>
>>14527851
I liked the narrative going on, and some of the setpieces were pretty cool, but Ghosts ain't got shit on BO2's branching campaign.
>>14527912
You're thinking MW2.
4 was actually quite tame.

Besides the entirety of the Modern Warfare saga shits a bit too hard on the US Military to really earn the Michael Bay label. I mean seriously it's like a recurring theme of those games that the American military gets clowned repeatedly (but then again the whole conflict was ultimately Britain's fault because Price couldn't hit a bald slav in the head at range with a goddamn .50cal).
>>
(you)
gb2/v/
>>
>>14528131
So it's basically Price's fault that all his friends are dead now?
>>
>>14528206
Well, Shep was kinda a tremendous asshole.

And Makarov was probably going to start shit anyway.

On the plus, MacMillan survived. But I guess he's not a friend so much as a mentor?

Yeah, being Price is suffering.
>>
>>14528320
Ramirez got the best end. Him and his burger town!
>>
>>14528341
DO.
FUCKING.
EVERYTHING.
>>
>>14527851
People hated Ghosts mainly because it was a recycling of Modern Warfare to them. I personally like the idea of casting the Americans as underdogs and you being part of a black ops team that has to infiltrate enemy locations where stealth is actually an option and you're given a few routes Unlike in All Ghiled Up, hasn't aged gracefully. (I think in one level, you can get through it entirely without firing a single shot minus a scripted scene and it's not because you are being carried by your AI teammates shooting everyone like the first mission in Black Ops.) Multiplayer was fun too, especially the riot shield before it got nerfed.

As for Infinite Warfare, taking a more advanced take on Zero-G battles which we essentially got a demo of in Ghosts looks interesting. You can definitely see the Advanced Warfare influences with the gun play, the grappling hook kills and various weapons and tech they use. The Zero G kills where you break the helmet of the enemy soldier makes me wince just because of the sheer panic of knowing you're going to be exposed to the vacuum and the oxygen within you violently erupting outwards and you can't do anything to stop it. Can think of a few, but explosive decompression is at the top.

Also makes you wonder if we'll ever get anything like that in Gundam where you have mobile suits and infantry fighting side by side. Of course it would never happen, a mobile suit just needs to swat at enemy troops to kill them just like Uso did against the Bikini babe squad in Victory. Still and interesting concept even if implausible.
>>
File: 20100114180637!Shadow_Company_2.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20100114180637!Shadow_Company_2.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>14528320
Shepard did nothing wrong. Also it's a damn shame they never used Shadow Company anywhere else in the series. It was nice to see an American antagonist faction, and they were readily expendable because they were mercenaries. Also some of the radio chatter filler from them was solid gold. Like the one patrol that didn't want do it in the sandstorm so they were just chilling in a cave, then when they were told to put on gear to go through the storm, they were going to take their sweet time getting prepped, so when they were threatened with a pay cut if they didn't get back on their scheduled time, they asked that if they got back early, would they get double pay. Not to mention the lost potential of not including them as a multiplayer faction just for the sake of having Shepard as a CO.Tactical nuke inbound. Danger Close

>>14528131
Is it worth anything that they're following Micheal Bay's first blockbuster, The Rock where the American forces all get shit on and it's an SAS member that comes out on top? Hummel did nothing wrong
>>
I wish Titanfall had characters and campaigns to talk about.....

and also no smartgun
>>
>>14527601
When will they make a mecha game?
>>
>>14527601
>>14527657
Wow, the mecha design actually looks cool.

That atmosphere to space bit was pretty sick.
>>
>>14528677
Titanfall is gonna have a campaign with a bro-tier Titan.
Who will likely die.
>>
>>14528968
>That
>Cool

No
>>
>>14528979
Yes
>>
File: utter frustration.jpg (35KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
utter frustration.jpg
35KB, 720x480px
>>14527601
Sci-fi side of it looks very cool and promising and interesting and you want to play it. But then he pulls out his gun and weak human enemies start popping up and OH! you remember. It's a fucking call of duty game!
>>
>>14527601
>0:28
>still using a glass whiteboard when holographic displays are already a thing
>>
>>14533009

Wiping off and rewriting something is quicker and more intuitive than doing so on a console and having it appear on a screen, holographic or not. It's even more so if you have to draw something.
>>
>>14527657
>that sick aesthetic wasted on boring CoD gameplay
>>
>>14527657
I skimmed through this. Are there any mech shown besides the exoskeletons?

The liftoff at the end was done really nicely. I hate to say it, but the cinematic portions are executed very well. Too bad you can still feel the hollowness in the gunplay and linear level design. I wonder if the dogfighting in space will be limited to a few episodes and largely scripted, or be a legitimate portion of the gameplay.
>>
More like Infinite SHIT am I right?
>>
>decent looking sci-fi shit with mechs, spaceship combat and zero G stuff
>people will only buy it so they'll play the same game they did for a decade again
>>
>>14527601
>Designed with realism and function in mind.
>Gritty, raw environment, grounded in reality.
The obsession with realism tires me.
>>
>>14533157
>The obsession with realism tires me.

The worst part is that their realism is purely fictional.
I have yet to see a SINGLE realistic futuristic design in the shows/movies/games that claim to be doing so.

It's the ones that don't give a single damn that usually do the topic justice... and then they are called unrealistic as a result.
>>
>>14528521
>With Shepherd as CO

I would play as Shadow Company all day
>>
File: 1459100394416.jpg (66KB, 452x504px) Image search: [Google]
1459100394416.jpg
66KB, 452x504px
>>14527657
>IT'S A GOOD OL'S STORY OF US VS THEM
>GO KILL YOUR ENEMIES 'CAUSE FUCK THEM
>As a good game needs good story

It's like Murrican perspective since 1945.
>>
>>14533836
you've never watched any american war movies since the 50's have you
>>
File: 1469318074916.png (474KB, 596x591px) Image search: [Google]
1469318074916.png
474KB, 596x591px
>>14533161
Alien, 2001: A Space Odyssey both had pretty well advised extrapolations of their [current year]. And hard scifi is a literary genre that trades in exactly that
>>
>>14527829
are you fucking retarded? black ops three had the lamest, most groan-inducing and tedious campaigns I've ever had to slog through
>>
>>14534452
Campaign was the only thing that Black Ops 2 beat it at.

Meanwhile, Black Ops completely shits on both 2 and 3.
>>
>>14527851
Fucking hell I loved that book. Not murrican, but it was still awesome anyway. ATWTMATMUTATB
>>
>>14527657
I just wish the Jackal's wings weren't so stubby looking.
>>
>>14527851
Goddamn it, I got this on my Kobo and I've nowhere near started it yet! Fucking backlog.
>>
>>14534012
Well I did watched Paths of Glory and Apocalypse Now.
>>
>>14527601
Meh
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.