[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zeta Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 20

I'm on episode 7, when will this start to make sense?

I still don't get what the fuck is going on with Kamille except that he has some serious anger issues and/or is going through an annoying teenager fase.

No but really, I just can't understand his personality yet and the plot seems rushed and some stuff makes no sense
>>
Sorry if the OP is confusing but yeah i'm confused too, to add to what I'm saying.

Was Kamille jealous of Char? why? that came out of nowhere. Also in the beginning, he just wanted to fuck every soldier in the ass with a giant mecha because they punched him, he went through some serious asspain there and decided to just join some random guys that came attacking his home like it was nothing. And then he hated his parents but he actually didn't.

Is there some 2D4U reason i'm missing here? Because I just simply can't understand Kamille.
>>
>>14525195
>>14525226

Kamille is a teenage boy with a shitty family and can't understand the world of adults.

He grows out of it over time. It just takes a lot of dead bodies on both sides to do it.
>>
>>14525226
Basically >>14525256 this. Kamille tends to take things personally when he really should've just shrugged some stuff off, and took Quattro's hijack as an opportunity to say "fuck you" to the Titans properly. He had no idea what he was getting into however, and his raging autism racks up bodies until he learns to calm down and think clearly. Which doesn't happen all that often.
>>
File: 1478742368974.png (1MB, 989x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1478742368974.png
1MB, 989x1334px
>>
>>14525226
>Already know that the titans are faggots from underground magazines
>see them fighting inside of a colony threatening my home
>Fucking Jerid crushing a building and needlessly endangering peoples lives because he's a careless faggot

Combine that with a split second decision that he couldn't take back, it makes sense to me. What do you think they'd do if he got out of the gundam, just let him go?
>>
>>14525226
People are gonna try to explain it to you, but it really just boils down to shitty writing. A lot, if not most, Gundam series suffer from it. Its up to you if you care enough to trudge through it and fill in the gaps yourself.
>>
File: 6342342.jpg (34KB, 442x465px) Image search: [Google]
6342342.jpg
34KB, 442x465px
>>14525403
>shitty writing
No argument, the post.
>>
>>14525195

You have seen MSG right? The show assumes you've seen that and understand the universe and characters. They throw characters from MSG at you all the time and never explain who they are.

For Kamille: He is an angry teen who hates the Titans.
>>
>>14525195
>the plot seems rushed and some stuff makes no sense
Its a Tomino show, you're supposed to be confused and grasping for answers as your senses are overloaded with information. That's his appeal.
>>
You're just retarded, OP
>>
>>14525195
Kamille is angry his home was taken over by the Titan's martial law. He's angry at his parents and adults in general for being overbearing or negligent.
He wants things to be better but isn't so sure he wants the responsibility to handle things himself.
>>
>You will see the tears of time

What did he mean by this
>>
>>14525195
It'll make more sense when you watch more. But if you're craving instant gratification, you can go to the Gundam wikia and read the plot synopsis for the episodes you just watched.
Of course if you have to do this, then you should probably just stop watching Gundam. Sry, but UC won't be for you, stick to AU's, preferably Seed onwards.
>>
File: 241px-Mezoon.gif (14KB, 241x344px) Image search: [Google]
241px-Mezoon.gif
14KB, 241x344px
>>14525195
Would he be the true hero in Zeta Gundam? He just wanted Kamille to become a Karate Man.
>>
>>14525453
Jesus christ why are Gundam fags so annoying.

>Hey why is this character acting stupid and being jealous of Char chatting with a woman he's talked to once

>You should g-g-go watch SEED xDD!
>>
>>14525461
Imagine if Bright's flight was scheduled for the next day after. Kamille would never have reason to skip out on fightmans class and get bantered by Jerid at the spaceport.

Circumstance is a bitch.
>>
>>14525452
All of this has happened before, and it will happen again.
>>
>>14525195
>I still don't get what the fuck is going on with Kamille

>anger issues

>teenager

ding ding , we have a wiener !!
>>
Just wait until Katz becomes a regular
>>
>>14525195

>when will this start to make sense?

Ep. 1

Seriously it's not hard to understand.
>>
>>14525549
it is though.

He was in school then he got so butthurt about being called a girl he wanted to go nuclear and stole a Gundam to kill some soldiers.

it's pretty stupid
>>
I liked this Kamille kid from episode 1. Guy says you have a girls name so you try to fight him, throw a book at an MP, steal a gundam and try to kill the guy who called you a girl.

I don't know what it is.
>>
>>14525559
>it's pretty stupid

It's not though. You claiming he stole the Gundam to kill soldiers is also wrong.
>>
Kamille is a relentless psychopath with zero impulse control. He gets better because everyone around him ends up being even worse.
>>
File: SRW4koma-05-E.jpg~original.jpg (76KB, 352x1022px) Image search: [Google]
SRW4koma-05-E.jpg~original.jpg
76KB, 352x1022px
>>14525283
Funny fact, he try to hide that in front Shin.

He try to act as someone who can control his rage infront him, after all, Kamille is Shin sempai and like to give him advise about controlling himself in battle.

Which cause Lunamria to get surprise when she saw him lost his mind because someone said Kamille name is girl name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iqaZoiL1as

P.S.: Poor guy, no one heard of him again...
>>
>/m/ still falling for this shit b8

kek & lel
>>
When /m/ will admit that Tomino is a shit director.
>>
>>14526525
>>14526367
>/m/ is a single person
Please quit making cuckchan even worse
>>
File: 1468816765949.jpg (77KB, 644x910px) Image search: [Google]
1468816765949.jpg
77KB, 644x910px
>>14525195
Eh.. Kamille is supposed to be a troubled teenager, he's immature and rash. Everything he does is because of that.

I can understand where you come from though, because he doesn't act like a real human being, he's like "take a troubled teenager, add 200% anime exaggeration and you get Kamille", if the writer wanted to force the idea onto the audience that he's immature but he doesn't know how to give small hints so he just goes all out.

Tomino is a good writer, but he's a good writer for Mecha, mecha isn't known for being a well written genre because it focuses on robots and fights and laser beams.

So Tomino that at least tried to give his characters some personality is definetely a good writer(for mecha). Of course if you compare it to stories that are character/story driven Gundam will fall apart pretty fucking easily but that's to be expected.

Evangelion was and is so famous because when people were felling burned out of series like Gundam someone tried to take a character driver story and add(pretty flawlessly) mechs to it.
>>
>kamille hears about amuro's and lela's relationship
>''lets find a bitch so i can be the same''
>finds 4
based tomino
>>
>>14526560
>Evangelion was and is so famous because when people were felling burned out of series like Gundam someone tried to take a character driver story and add(pretty flawlessly) mechs to it.
..while taking many cues from other (mech/non-mech) shows/manga like Ideon or Devilman in the process. While I do like some aspects of Eva, I don't think it's any better in characterization than your usual Tomino show in all honesty.

Also,
>mecha isn't known for being a well written genre because it focuses on robots and fights and laser beams.
You could use a similar logic for most genres anime attempts in all honesty. The industry isn't really well known for quality storytelling (with a few exceptions) after all.
>>
>>14525195
>>14525226
You're all confused because you are stupid. You've been trained to accept plot being spoonfed to you like children and have lost the ability to watch things comprehensibly. I weep for you
>>
Fa is my waifu
>>
>>14527140
KAMILLE~
>>
>>14527144
>tfw can hear her voice

DIAMONDS
>>
>>14527134
>Autistic child with shitty parents quickly makes multiple bad decisions that results in him joining a terrorist group.
It isn't complex at all. The issues come from people being unable to accept a plot that hinges on a character being as prone to bitch fits as Kamille at the start.

Like when they were told to not approach or the Titans would shoot Kamile's mother. Kamille's first reaction was to have a fit, take a mobile suit, and approach the Titans.
>>
>>14527258
That's not it either. Tomino probably has memory issues, so even within the same scene, there is always a disconnection between the events. Characters talk past each other 70% of the time, for example.
>>
I love zeta threads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfRkyxORyQA
>>
File: B A S E D.jpg (361KB, 1197x791px) Image search: [Google]
B A S E D.jpg
361KB, 1197x791px
Kamille is based as fuck honestly, especially once he stops sperging out as much. He's just tired of taking shit from everyone.
>>
Is Gundam ZZ worth watching? I'm enjoying Z so far, but I don't know if I want to watch another 70 episodes of this.
>>
>>14528883
ZZ starts off with such a different tone that it's like whiplash
>>
>>14528883
It's got a tone shift at the beginning and a little towards the end, but overall it's practically the second season of Zeta. Though instead of the main team following a semi-regimented military hierarchy, it's instead a group of friends that all develop and work together, with Judau as the leader.
>>
>>14528883
ZZ is awful.
>>
File: Msz-010.jpg (3MB, 2827x3971px) Image search: [Google]
Msz-010.jpg
3MB, 2827x3971px
>>14528883
This is what Double Z looks like.

Just so you know what you're getting into
>>
>>14529333
>those tiny ass shields
What's even the point?
>>
>>14529339
it's a combinable mech made of 3 separate core fighters for 3 times the firepower
>>
File: The GOOD ZZ Gundam.png (363KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
The GOOD ZZ Gundam.png
363KB, 560x700px
>>14529333

How the fuck did they decide THAT was a better design choice for the ZZ design over this?
>>
>>14529358
more toyetic
>>
>>14529358
I don't care much for most of ZZ but I've always really liked the legs
>>
>>14529339
I always thought they were wings/control surfaces,
>>
>>14529358
It doesn't have any weapons. The ZZ is decked out with them like a one man artillery division
>>
>>14529333
Eh
Atleast she's got better later on... ..
>>
>>14525195
What does /m/ think of Jerid? I didn't like him at first(thought he was too dumb) but he seems to be growing on me lately.
>>
>>14531450
>later on
>>
>>14531838
he gets alright later
>>
File: jerid.jpg (31KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
jerid.jpg
31KB, 225x350px
>>14531838
He has nice hair
>>
>>14525195
That is just Tomino's writing. I really like that aspect of it actually, leaving you in the dark on many more things than, say, a non-Tomino Gundam show. 0079 was strange in how coherent it was compared to his later stuff, especially Zeta and G-Reco
>>
>>14531838
Fuck Jerid. Worst Gundam rival ever.
Guy killed Kamille's mom too, and never accepted that was way more fucked than Kamille killing his wingmen.
>>
>>14535225
Zeta Gundam is like an absurd comedy where shit keeps on escalating because both sides are too stubborn to apologise to the other.

I love Kamillies reaction to Jerid later on though.
>Wait we're rivals? You're still mad about that shit?
>>
>>14535225
But he did though. He had no idea Kamille's mom was in that capsule, he was told it was a bomb. After Kamille was captured, he went over and apologized, saying he had no idea. Kamille didn't forgive him, and Zeta is the result.
>>
>>14525562
I'm with you. Didn't know anything Kamille myself other than the girl's name joke. From episode 1 onward I've liked him because he calls people out on their bullshit and does not take an guff, for better or for worse.

Granted, he calms down over time but he's not passive at all.
>>
>>14535529
>apologised
>HAHAH MUST HAVE BEEN HARD LOSING YOUR MUM SINCE YOU'RE STILL SUCH A BABY
That's not an apology.
>>
File: FA-ZZ.jpg (189KB, 799x773px) Image search: [Google]
FA-ZZ.jpg
189KB, 799x773px
>>14529333
ZZ Gundam is my favorite Gundam. I can't wait to get a MG ZZ, and the Full Armor ZZ.
>>
>>14535237
Doesn't matter. All of Jerid's waifus were soldiers who put themselves in danger's way.
Anyone sensible would've realized the Titans were doomed if they took civilians as hostages, and sought a transfer back to the general EF forces.
>>
>>14535220
You have to be shitface drunk to find Zeta incoherent, let alone as incoherent as G-Reco.
>>
If you don't like the show/Kamille by the time he punches out Quattro's shit for being a faggot and Amuro stealing the spotlight like a rad ass motherfucker, you'll never like it. That's okay though, it isn't for everybody.
>>
>>14525562

Because as spergy and violent as he is, he's an entertaining little shit who's fun to watch.
>>
Honestly I feel like anyone who doesn't like Kamille's hotblooded antics is basically just completely bitchmade.
>>
>>14535585
>YOU COULD HAVE LIVED IF YOU WEREN'T FIRING AT ME
>YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED HORRIBLY BURNING UP IN THE ATMOSPHERE IF YOU JUST KEPT YOUR DISTANCE KACRICON
>YOU COULD HAVE LIVED IF YOU JUST DODGED MY BEAM RIFLE DUMBFUCK
>YOU COULD HAVE LIVED IF YOU WATCHED BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE ASTEROID FIELD KATZ

Jesus Kamillie!
>>
I recently marathoned a lot of Zeta with a bro of mine. Here is the drinking game we employed.

Take a drink when....

>Somebody takes a hit meant for someone else
>Somebody dodges and lets someone else take the hit meant for them
>An established character dies
>Someone mentions that a mobile suit is a new model (“shingata”)
>Someone compares Quattro to Char
>Someone compares Kamille to Amuro
>A newtype feels another newtype’s “pressure”
>“This is war!!”
>Mention of Minovsky particles
>Newtype flash
>Kamille gets some love from a lady
>Kamille gets slammed by a lady
>Unnatural instance of using full names (“Kamille Bidan!!”)
>Sexual tension between Reccoa and anyone
>Someone under 18 is involved in sexual tension
>2x drink = Sexual tension between Quattro and Kamille
>Titans do something incredibly evil
> Sensors “Catch!” something
>Mention of White Base even if irrelevant to current circumstances
>Someone gets “corrected” (ie, slapped)
>Female character dies to advance a male character’s arc
>>
>>14539724

>Jerid gets defeated by Kamille
>Reference to polluting the earth
>Someone makes a controversial and possibly mistaken claim about newtypes (“they’re not espers” / “they don’t exist”)
>Someone falls in love with an enemy pilot
>Someone defects to the opposite side (or just pretends to)
>Mobile suit is stolen or launched without permission
>Bad engrish text on screen
>Char’s motivations don’t make sense in the context of Char’s Counterattack
>Lalah Sune is mentioned
>Reference to Minovsky particles
>Eyecatch happens at awkward moment with no warning or suspense
>Mutual enemies communicate in a case where it would make no sense
>Scirocco acts like a pimp
>Tongue-twisting or stupid Tomino-esque name heard for the first time ("Lila Milla Rira", “Base Jabber”)
>Sayla Mass appears
>Someone's death is spoiled in the "next episode" teaser
>Civilian kids interfere with military protocol on the Argama
>(drink x2) civilian kids' stupid interference actually helps the Argama crew more than the trained military crew
>>
>>14539732

>Rosamia switches personalities
>un-PC sounding claims about what men or women are really like / gender essentialism
>Giant superweapon fired
>Flashback to reused footage from Gundam 0079
>Character is clearly thinking with their dick (or vag)
>Line about people’s souls being chained to earth’s gravity
>Someone is called naive / optimist / immature ( = “amai”)
>Cyber newtype has a headache
>Line contrasting adults vs kids
>Character answers a direct factual question emotionally
>A Zakrello appears in the background (three drinks)
>Bright eats a hamburger
>Reccoa gets caught despite supposedly being an amazing spy
>“You’ll see the tears of time”
>>
>>14526555
except /board/ is a single person is a newfag meme that completely misunderstands chan culture?
>>
File: 1469292402330.jpg (90KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469292402330.jpg
90KB, 960x720px
>>14539724
>10 page drinking game
nigger please

>Somebody takes a hit meant for someone else
>Somebody dodges and lets someone else take the hit meant for them
This just makes it a 2x

>Female character dies to advance a male character’s arc
>un-PC sounding claims about what men or women are really like / gender essentialism
I suggest love suicide with your drunk faggot lover. why are you on this board?
>>
>>14539804
Wow that's quite the intense reaction about my silly list of cliches on Zeta Gundam. Hopefully someone who isn't butthurt like you will find it somewhat amusing though.
>>
>>14525559

so you clearly failed to understand what you watched.

i'm sorry you operate at such a low level. try to keep out of the way of those of us who aren't defective.
>>
>>14539804

what about their post made you so upset?

after responding, cease posting, as you are not intelligent enough to have anything actually worthwhile to say.
>>
File: charizard.png (994KB, 710x1158px) Image search: [Google]
charizard.png
994KB, 710x1158px
>>14539851
>>14539889
Last two weren't cliches or light hearted skewering of the show's tropes, it was projecting personal radical politics to shame the entire previous era, like mocking grandpa for having 'funny' 'outdated' ideals.

It's obnoxious and insulting. It's only fair you'd be shamed and insulted in turn.

I mean, especially for a franchise that had untrained civilian women taking important leadership positions from the very first episode. You would've more easily had a bullet point for all the times women gives their captain more sound advice than he ever considered, but it seems it wasn't extreme enough.
>>
>>14539949
>projecting personal radical politics to shame the entire previous era,

hahahahaha
>>
File: 1469281489352.png (59KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469281489352.png
59KB, 960x720px
>>14539975
Prove me wrong
>>
>>14540000

what could possibly cause you to believe you have the right to tell me what do do?

you'll deliberately fail to understand anyway.
>>
>>14539949
Just compare the number of women who die to advance a man's storyline (Camille's mom, Lila, Four, Mouar, Rosamia, Sarah, Reccoa, Emma) versus the opposite (Kamille's father, Katz, possibly Henken?) Is it really so ideological to note the imbalance? Same with stilted dialogues about the differences between men and women, it's just funny cause it's one of Tomino's most beloved tics.

You're right that characters giving their clueless captain good advice is a good trope, I remember a funny scene where Reccoa does it after she defects and I can't help but feel for the poor Titans captain who is getting ordered around by this recent defector
>>
>>14535592

Not true.
I recently rewatched Zeta shitfaced and could follow it alright.
>>
File: 1469283584119.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469283584119.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>14540011
Try me

>>14540029
Fair enough. I thought it was pretty clear it was banter high quality banter too, love suicide? I accused you and your friend of being both SJW & gay lovers AND told you to kill yourselves all in one stroke but I was also testing the waters for a lurking tumblrtard. "Gender essentialism" is what ticked me off, there's nothing odd about that for the period but it's definitely true Tomino approaches it often and awkwardly

but I'm serious, how can you follow all those rules? It's way too much to remember. And the first two are the exact same even just from different perspectives.
>>
>>14540066
I think there is a difference. One case is someone darting in to protect another person (like Lalah's famous self-sacrifice and its multiple echoes on the show) and the other is a dick move where you move out of the way to kill another person (like Yazan dodging and letting the shot take out Jamaican on the bridge)
>>
>>14525562
At first I thought Kamille was likeable in a funny way, but as the series went on the kid really grew. He's my favorite Gundam protag easily.
>>
File: 1469474099319.png (691KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469474099319.png
691KB, 600x600px
>>14540078
Ah I see, it comes down to intentionality. Okay, carry on
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.