[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Times /m/ lied to you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13

File: 1459221800385.jpg (65KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459221800385.jpg
65KB, 354x500px
>/m/ says a show is shit
>it's actually great

what's her name /m/?
>>
>>14521183
Are you sure /m/ said Shin Mazinger was shit? I thought everyone but spics love it.
>>
File: geist.png (207KB, 430x550px) Image search: [Google]
geist.png
207KB, 430x550px
>>14521183
>>
>>14521226
>implying anyone on /m/ told you it was shit
>>
>>14521196

As the official spic, I think this show is great. The original manga or Z Mazinger on the other hand... But then, only the most delusional Nagai fanboy would like that.
>>
Greco
>>
Aldnoah Zero
Cross Ange
>>
>>14521183

>LOOK AT ME I HAVE AN OPINION IM SPECIAL

fuck off
>>
>>14521529
t. spic
>>
While I won't say it was great, Gundam AGE was certainly entertaining.
>>
>>14521183
It's pretty OK. Could have been half as long if Imagawa didn't draw things out ridiculously.
>>
>>14521183
Is your shit all backwards? /m/ loves that horrible show despite it having 26 straight recap episodes, every single plot point pulled directly out of its ass, and practically no robots.
>>
>>14521637
>every single plot point pulled directly out of its ass

You can't be more faithful to Go Nagai than this. Sometimes it works (Shin Mazinger, Devilman). Sometimes the result is beyond terrible (Shutendoji, Susanoo)
>>
>>14521851
Did you watch Shutendoji all the way through? The individual episodes are pretty dumb, but the overall plot is actually a pretty novel take on a stable time loop. Most things that use that plot start at the chronological beginning, but the "beginning" of Shutendoji's loop isn't until towards the end so it's hard to figure out until they reveal that part. Maybe I'm just dumb as fuck, but it took me until a while into the last episode to realize what was going on, and when I did I was pretty impressed with the OVA for managing to fool me for that long. It's not nearly as much of a mess as it initially seems to be.

It's still not necessarily good, but it's at least got that going for it. For something that I only watched because it was packaged with Mazinkaiser, it wasn't entirely a waste of time.
>>
>>14521637
Sup Mario.
>>
>>14521183
The only downside for me was that it ruined the rest of Mazinger in comparison.

I tried watching Mazinkaiser after and it felt like pretty generic monster of the week stuff.
>>
>>14521882

I never watched the entire OAV, I read the manga. The twist comes out of nowhere and there's commentary by Nagai himself saying since he only did that because he had no idea how to conclude the series. Nothing of that was planned, he just knew the publication was coming to an end and he came up with that at the last moment.
>>
>>14522405

That's probably Pablo or whatever.
>>
File: (You).jpg (359KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
359KB, 1280x720px
>>14522429
>>
>>14522514
Okay, fine, the beach episode was pretty good.
>>
>>14521183
>/m/ says show is great
>It's actually shin
>>
>>14521362
Aside from being an unfinished story, what was wrong with the original manga?
>>
>>14522429
Well to be fair that's all Mazinkaiser was ever meant to be. It follows the formula but it has a lot of fun doing it.

In contrast Shin Mazinger is really weak in the actual mecha fight department. There are very few and they're either drawn out over several episodes of Mazinger Z just getting beat on without fighting back or are over in an instant once Koji finally decides he should maybe use one of his weapons.

I enjoyed Shin Mazinger a lot the first time, a little less a few years later thanks to the frequent clip-show nonsense (skipping the first episode is highly recommended). My biggest issue with it is it should be called The Kurogane 5 vs. Baron Ashura, guest starring the rest of the Mazinger Z cast.
>>
>>14522429
Shin Mazinger's appeal wears off quite a bit once the TWEEST is unfold and the fact that it ends abruptly. I found myself bored through rewtaches because the fights are not really are that engaging and the slow pacing is much more apparent also I just don't like the fact that Kouji is essentially a side character here because as much as they try Tsubasa isn't really a compelling character. Kudos for Imagawa for trying to spin the Mazinger mythos like he did with Giant Robo but it didn't work out as smoothly but its still fun. Mazinkaiser (the fist OVA not the crappy second) is more successful in doing what its set out to be and that is a fun romp from beginning to end, also the best looking Mazinger anime with the best soundtrack, its dumb shallow fun but hey that's pretty much why I love this franchise.
>>
>Trusting /m/'s judgment
>ever

You got no one to blame but yourself dumbass
>>
>you watch a show as it's airing
>it's shit or just not very good
>share your thoughts with /m/
>/m/ at the time: "no it's great, you're just a troll/have shit taste"
>time passes
>/m/ now: "yeah it was shit"

Happened more than once. Probably will happen again too.
>>
>>14523145
/a/ has better taste than /m/
fucking /v/ has better taste
>>
Eureka 7
>>
>/m/ is oner person
>/a/ is one person
I made the mistake of checking cuckchan out, I suppose
>>
File: 1464517681073.png (252KB, 294x377px) Image search: [Google]
1464517681073.png
252KB, 294x377px
>>14523179
>/a/ has better taste than /m/
>>
>>14523187
8wheels is 2 doors down friend
>>
>>14523138
I agree with this. It's worth watching, but it's not worth re-watching.
>>
>>14523205
Fuckyou
>>
>>14521183
I genuinely enjoyed Gundam 00 season 2. Maybe even more than s1. Movie was shit though.
>>
>>14523192
Anon is right. Mecha is like the b horror movies of anime. We just haven't realized we love Mecha because it's shit yet.
>>
>>14523397
>Implying there exists a such thing as kino anime

I think you're the one that hasn't realized something yet.
>>
>>14523179
/a/ has abysmal taste

the series recommended by everyone on /m/, like LoGH, Giant Robo, ye olde Gundam, Gunbuster, DYRL, are better than any million-thread-aots spammed on /a/
>>
Unicorn Episodes 1-6. Easily the best Gundam media made since the 80s ended.

/m/ was right about Episode 7 though, despite the rest of the show the finale was a travesty.
>>
>>14521362
So... Aoimaru, the "Mazin Revenge" prick?
>>
Zeta Gubdam
>>
>>14521183

Did this show sold poorly?

They teased Great Mazinger in the final episodes and I was hoping there would be a Shin Great Maziger and a Shin Grezinder all I got was Mazinkaiser SKL that was full of "ow the edge" and the other show were they turn the mechas into fap-bait lolis.
>>
>>14523785
It might be a combination of poor sells and the fact that Imagawa, despite a desire of wanting to do sequels, never does sequels.
>>
File: 1468465153154.png (67KB, 331x304px) Image search: [Google]
1468465153154.png
67KB, 331x304px
>>14523397
No one forced you to like the trash mecha. Ironic shit watching is still shit watching.

Why is tokusatsu even on this board anyway?

/v/ has better taste than /m/ when it comes to mecha at least. none of you dorks even play carnage heart let alone fuck with ma.k gunpla. embarrassing
>>
/m/ told me Zeta, DYRL and Geist are good.

Yeah, no.
>>
>>14524181
christ shitposter-kun this isnt even what the thread is about

I do agree though, DYRL is garbage and if someone just made a youtube compilation of the nice fight scenes they would be doing the world a great service
>>
>>14523138

Koji is not an interesting character.
>>
>>14521183
They lied about Seed and IBO being awful
>>
>>14521183

/m/ has said every show is shit at one point or another.

>>14523850
>Why is tokusatsu even on this board anyway?

Because nobody else wants them.
>>
>>14524181
>Geist
yeah it's typical 90's edgy shit. it's a meme show
>>
>>14523850
>Why is tokusatsu even on this board anyway?

Because in 2006 when Kamen Rider Kabuto was airing, it was discussed in two places: Night Time /a/, and in a slow thread on /m/. Then /a/ made up a rule solely to get Kamen Rider Kabuto off of the board, so it was contained to /m/. While there was some people claiming Kamen Rider didn't have mecha, and a few people spouting >more like tokushit amirite
but since it only had a few slow thread, most people didn't care. Since Kamen Rider was here, people then had occasional threads about sentai too, and then other things. So it kind of stuck. Most people ignored it since they were only getting threads every once in a blue moon.

And then Decade started airing. Decade was one of those show like Gurren Lagann and Gundam 00. It dominated the board. Suddenly all the people who ignored the toku threads were like "oh shit, this stuff we overlooked is now forcing off real /m/ shit". And then the toku fans went "Oh shit, this topic we have talked about on /m/ for years suddenly has people wanting to get rid of it"

Been civil war ever since.

No idea where these stupid fan theories like "They were kicked off of /jp/" came from, because most of the time toku on /m/ predates these boards.

Why are you even bringing up Toku when the previous poster didn't even mention it?
>>
>>14523042

It's not awful, just not particularly fun or interesting.
>>
>>14524269
But he's an entertaining one, unlike Tsubasu.
>>
>>14521183
G-Reco and Orphans wasn't so bad.
>>
>>14524368
Looking back, if we had gotten the current crossover stuff back then, Kamen Rider might have remained on /a/, since the main argument there is that the current live action series had no relation to the original, which was the one based on a manga. But Rider 1 and 2 popping up again would tie everything together.
>>
>>14524578
>Looking back, if we had gotten the current crossover stuff back then, Kamen Rider might have remained on /a/, since the main argument there is that the current live action series had no relation to the original, which was the one based on a manga. But Rider 1 and 2 popping up again would tie everything together.

Probably.
>>
>>14524578

/m/ was chosen for being an really slow board, you can post anything around here and it will take days or weeks for your thread to disappear. Unlike /a/.
>>
>>14523626
/a/ loves LoGH, Gunbuster, and DYRL
The only reason they don't talk about Gundam is because all the gundam fans hang out over here.
>>
>>14521362
Just finished watching the original Mazinger this week. It's a solid show that should be watched if just to see where things all started.
>>
File: 1468028111041.png (1MB, 1260x1119px)
1468028111041.png
1MB, 1260x1119px
>>14524368
At last I truly see. /m/ is the dismal board

>Why are you even bringing up Toku when the previous poster didn't even mention it?
Because I hate it
>>
>>14524243
Exactly.
>>
>>14523850
>/v/ has better taste than /m/ when it comes to mecha at least
Because they like TTGL and maybe unicorn? Is that it?
>>
>>14524731
The manga is worth looking at for the same reasons regardless of the reservations expressed by >>14521362 .

It's worth at least reading the origin, which is a lot of fun since it involves Koji just smashing the hell out of the city because he has no idea what he's doing. The anime is pretty similar here, just with a less mad scientist grandpa and slapstick humor in an uninhabited field instead of urban destruction.

I think it's funny that the "teen jumps into a robot and becomes a hero" cliche started with "teen jumps into a robot and completely fucks everything up."

Beyond that the manga has its moments but it's also got a lot of problems. It's still worth looking at from a purely historical perspective because it's really short and both Mazinkaiser and Shin Mazinger adapt stuff from it.
>>
File: 3_l_1680_1050.jpg (912KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
3_l_1680_1050.jpg
912KB, 1680x1050px
>>14524910
Because they respect kow yokoyama's god tier mecha design and have better taste in mecha videogames than /m/ even though the topic hardly comes up even though videogames have the best post-80s mecha design

also they're diehard fans of getter robo and tetsujin 28 for some reason
>>
>people say kr ghost is great
>I watch it
>I hate it
>>
>>14524996
>they're diehard fans of getter robo and tetsujin 28 for some reason
yeah, i bet they are pretty much people who also go here, and for getter maybe all the anti-ttgl shitposting made some /v/-only goers start watching it out of peer pressure, that or situations like
>mecha/gurren lagann discusion in /v/
>person1:"ttgl is the best shit ever"
>person2-10: ">implying"
>p1: "tell me more shows then faggot"
>person 2-40: "insert big ass mecha series list"
another situation could be a simple recomendation request rather than a "prove me that i'm wrong fucker" type of posts.
i know that because i'm in some of those threads, i recommended some shows after someone asked for more mecha anime like a few years ago, starting to see getter reaction pics and other mecha series later was surprising to say the least
>>
File: 1467369729726.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1467369729726.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>14525053
why would they come here? the board is just gundam and tokushit
>>
File: av-98-1.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
av-98-1.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>>14521183

Not exactly claiming that I was lied to, I just can't get into this no matter how much I tried.Sorry.
>>
>>14525140
more like why would people from /m/ go to /v/? the board is just offtopic shitposting central x100
at least here is ontopic shitposting central x10
my reason is that i'm a massochist and some times in a blue moon i can see and enjoy good threads there
>>
>>14525204
That's okay anon. Sometimes we just don't get the appeal of some things.
>>
>>14525227
because they're the only place on the internet with good taste in videogames. and the only board on 4chan to ban generals
>>
File: 1415047526831.jpg (26KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1415047526831.jpg
26KB, 342x342px
>>14525335
>because they're the only place on the internet with good taste in videogames
>>
>>14521362
The original manga is okay, at least what I've seen of it. The second half was never translated, only the mixed version with two unrelated Mazinmangas thrown together.

Now, Shin Maginger Zero is pure fucking shit. I'm glad it's getting the units only treatment for SRW like Shin Getter used to (because that manga sucked too.)
>>
>>14525361
I've seen this opinion expressed a lot of Shin ZERO and I don't quite get it. It's hardly different from any other Mazinger work, other than ramping up the fanservice and edge to hilarious levels
>>
>>14525361

Everything that was left out can be find in the first half of Great Mazinger.
>>
>Enjoyed SEED
>See everyone talking about how SEED Destiny is shit
>Get nervous about watching it, but eventually do so
>It's actually pretty decent
>>
>>14521183
Zeta and Wing
>>
>>14523179
Have you seen /m/ related threads on /v/? They're the very definition of shit taste.
>>
>>14524776
>Giant robots
>Power armours
>Cyborgs
>Not /m/
>Evangelion
>/m/
?
>>
>>14526681
Evangelion is a mecha show. Sentai etc. is a tokushit show that sometimes has mecha in it. Learn the difference.
>>
>>14526039
>That's not /m/'s fault though. You're the one with shit taste for liking Seed and Destiny.
>>
>>14521183
0083. Kou isn't nearly as bad as /m/ makes him out to be. Plus it's full of awesome mobile suits.
>>
>>14525234
No it's not "OK"
He needs to kill himself asap
>>
>>14527783
>>14526681
I've only seen one or two toku, but based on what I've seen and what I've heard, the major difference between most toku and most mecha anime is that the mecha elements in toku are almost entirely superfluous. You could remove them from a show and make no changes to the narrative or setting whatsoever. All the fights would simply begin and end on the on-foot/small vehicle level.

That is true for a few mecha anime, but the vast majority of them would be completely different shows without the mecha. Can you imagine Combattler without Combattler? If you can't, that says a lot since Combattler V is very much like a sentai in many ways.
>>
>>14527824
Hell yeah. In one of the last episodes, Dendrobium cuts the top of a battleship off. That alone makes up for 0083's shortcomings.
>>
File: 1468574970658.png (182KB, 353x368px) Image search: [Google]
1468574970658.png
182KB, 353x368px
>>14527864
Yea, that's what I meant by this post >>14527783

It's the same way that simply having a guy in a suit doesn't make something toku. It's an entire genre onto itself, with a history, style, industry, community and tropes unique to it.

Toku's not even fucking anime, when mecha is 100% pureblooded anime. It belongs on /tv/ or /jp/ or even /toy/, not here.
>>
>>14527824
0083 is actually my favourite Gundam OVA.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.