[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are Iris and Colonel siblings again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: Iris.jpg (6KB, 154x175px) Image search: [Google]
Iris.jpg
6KB, 154x175px
I was playing though Megaman X4 again and had the thought pop up. Were the two of them designed with cooperative functionality to one another? Same model series, or was it just some sort of adoptive robot relation of trying to emulate being like humans?
>>
>>14520241
They each had one half of a whole CPU. It's why they're so retarded.

Thinking about it, maybe everyone in repliforce was like that. It would explain a lot.
>>
Iris was designed to give me a boner.
>>
>>14520255
Repliforce did nothing wrong.
>>
This kind of shit happens in Transformers and Brave shows as well and it doesn't make any more sense there either. Just go with it, save yourself the headache
>>
>>14520267
Repliforce was in an odd situation following the Sky Lagoon incident. Someone was going to have to take the blame for it, and the fact that the incident had been framed to look like Repliforces doing only made the situation worse for them. It's true that Colonel and General could have stood down and General might have made mention of his talks with Sigma, but by that point they would have been executed anyways to appease the public from the tragedy of Sky Lagoon.

With that said, the antics of Jet Stringray attacking and destroying a major power plant to a human city, Along with Cyber Peacock and Split Mushroom being agents under Sigmas orders only made Repliforces claim of peaceful confederation from humanity much harder to accept.
>>
>>14520267
They're the Reploid Lives Matter movement taken to its logical conclusion.
>>
File: latest-7.jpg (146KB, 478x1184px) Image search: [Google]
latest-7.jpg
146KB, 478x1184px
posting superior robutt
>>
>>14520241
Aren't reploids basically androids? Meaning they're just synthetic humans? Meaning they can breed and whatnot?
>>
>>14520267
>Says this neither a rebellion or insurrection
>Proceeds to bomb civillian cities
Right

>>14520307
Only at the leg end of ZX era, maybe
>>
>>14520307
>they can breed and whatnot
When did that happen?
>>
>>14520307
They are fully, 100% machines during the X timeline. During ZX though, I think humans started adopting ideas about fusing reploid components into themselves to expand their life spans. Those who had been augmented could breed as normal, but factory built reploids were still just robots.
>>
>>14520318
>>14520322
Humanity goes almost extinct and you can see robot kids around in the Zero games.
>>
>>14520343
I see.
>>
>>14520348
That doesn't mean much though, you also see that grandpa reploid who became like that just so he could stay with his human waifu but even he admited that in the end he was still just a reploid.

You could make a case for Alouette since she is older in ZX but then again it might just be a frame modification like the grandpa reploid to emulate Ciel
>>
>>14520348
There are still plenty of humans in the Zero series- you just see them very rarely because you happen to be hanging around a resistance group made up of Reploids that were wrongly accused of going Maverick. They go into it more in the second game, but they make a big deal about how there's an energy crisis going on in the big cities, so the government started getting trigger-happy when it came to declaring large swathes of Reploids Mavericks to cut down on resource expenditure.
>>
.>>14520389
>>14520307
>>14520255
IIRC the original japanese Zero games had robots with blood
>>
>>14520389
With Copy-X in control of humanity and Neo Arcadia, along with the energy crisis that was plaguing all of humanity and reploids, Most regular humans generally must have seen most reploids as universally being Maverick outside of the city. Elpizo especially made this situation far worse by trying to lead a genocidal assault in Neo Arcadia while Ciel was finishing up research on her new power grid system.
>>
>>14520418
I always thought it was synthetic fluids and oil. Though given how close reploids were artifically to humans, it could be a blood like substance.
>>
>>14520418
They did, but that was just an effect. You could even argue that it's some come of pneumatic fluid or oil that was spraying from them. It certainly doesn't mean that they're mostly human, especially when even the non-anthropomorphic Mechaniloids sprayed "blood" when cut.
>>
>>14520418
Red oil
>>
>>14520288
Basically this. Colonel's dialogue makes it sound like its a pride thing, but really surrendering themselves to custody was going to end poorly for them, even with Zero and X defending them.
>>
File: 1551190-mmx8layer.png (463KB, 619x640px) Image search: [Google]
1551190-mmx8layer.png
463KB, 619x640px
>>14520305
How about some rounderboob.
>>
File: jetstingrayb.gif (12KB, 444x118px) Image search: [Google]
jetstingrayb.gif
12KB, 444x118px
>>14520267
>did nothing wrong
>flavor text outright says he destroyed the city
>>
File: MMXCMSketch019.jpg (125KB, 1280x896px) Image search: [Google]
MMXCMSketch019.jpg
125KB, 1280x896px
>>14520305
I'm more for Nana
She was into some freaky stuff
>>
>>14520915
Eh. What if it was Jersey, or something?
>>
>>14521525
He wouldn't have escaped if it was Jersey City
>>
>>14520418
Likely oil or an other lubrication/hydraulic fluid with an unusually high iron content.
>>
>>14520343
By ZX humans adopted cybernetic parts so much and reploids became so advanced that the differences between them pretty much vanished leading to the things in Legends.
>>
File: 045_-_Ferham_Expressions.jpg (132KB, 1280x896px) Image search: [Google]
045_-_Ferham_Expressions.jpg
132KB, 1280x896px
>>14520864
How about both?
>>
Reminder that people still can't spell Mega Man right even after almost thirty years.
>>
>>14523098
Damn, girl.
>>
>>14520241
The initial design was to have a reploid for both diplomacy and war, but their DNA data was split into two during development, or something like that. They are literally siblings as far as reploids go.

Sadly though, the merger of their DNA data souls ended in the complete destruction of both of both souls.
>>
>>14525245
IIRC, it's because the two concepts clashed too much or some other shit. Given how heavy-handed the two were with their ideologies, it's not surprising.
>>
>>14520288
>they would have been executed anyways
I dunno about that. The Maverick Hunters only kill people when provoked. Unless there's some world government that runs shit.
>>
>>14525245
Basically, they're mean to be one peace keeping robot like Gamma from Megaman; but due to the concept of war and peace conflicting each other, it has to be slit into two separate reploids otherwise it'll went maverick and destroy everything to create "peace"
>>
File: sigma_mmx.png (86KB, 292x333px) Image search: [Google]
sigma_mmx.png
86KB, 292x333px
How the fuck did he kept getting rebuilt?
>>
>>14525312
He always upload his DNA data soul to the network, becoming a living virus that find new bodies to carry out his will. All he needs is a gullible reploid to do his dirty work.
>>
>>14525389
So was X8 the last time he actually did his own work?
>>
>>14525258
Sigma got his goons into the Repliforce to ignite a war between them and the Maverick Hunters; and it worked.
>>
>>14520267
It's all Sigma's fault.
>>
>>14525613
This and General and Colonel not talking like adults.
>>
>>14520915
He's one of SIgma's goons.
>>
>>14520255

>>They each had one half of a whole CPU. It's why they're so retarded.

Even worse, Repliforce wanted their own X-esque robot, but the fight-happy and pacifist tendencies couldn't be adjusted together, so Colonel became the Yang to Iris' Yin?
>>
>>14525394
He was Lumine's pawn in X8. Sigma was already corrupted beyond repair by the time of X6.
>>
Does no one else find it wierd that Repliforce was never mentioned before 4, and barely gets mentioned at all after?
>>
>>14525977
Cain built them between 3 and 4
>>
File: Brown Devil.png (2KB, 90x82px) Image search: [Google]
Brown Devil.png
2KB, 90x82px
>>14520418
>robot fecal matter was just sticky tar
>>
>>14520255
>Half of a whole CPU
What retarded writing, that's not how CPU's work!
Not hating on you, anon, thanks for the in-universe explanation.
>>
>>14525977
>Does no one else find it wierd that Repliforce was never mentioned before 4, and barely gets mentioned at all after?
They kind of got smashed up.

But the real reason is that MMX series writing is just pulling out plot elements from their butts whenever they feel like it.
>>
>>14526800
This is why it's best to stop after 3 or 4 and pretend that no one made entries until that Corrupted fan project got started (honestly, out of all the ongoing X fan projects out there, it looks pretty legit).
>>
Is 20XX good?
>>
>>14520267
>by that point they would have been executed anyways to appease the public from the tragedy of Sky Lagoon.

This is conspiracy-level fear-mongering from the reploid right-wing
>>
>>14526800
They really just need to stick with one direction and run with it.

X5/X6's Zero bullshit was kind of annoying but it was alright.

X7's setting makes sense ON ITS OWN. And before you say it, fuck you, X7's not that bad.

X8 (closer to X7) and CM both went their own ways tonally and don't make sense together. X doesn't even look the same.

The worst part is the X series probably had the most interesting/richest setting (other than TOS, which could also get pretty expansive).

At least the Zero series ended things.
>>
>>14528491
Mavericks are reploids of peace.
>>
>>14528532

#ReploidLivesMatter
>>
>>14528507
I'm still of the assumption that X8 and Command Mission are split continuities.

Like you could stretch the idea of X8 leading into Zero's games or ZX at the most but that basically requires fanwanking a large amount of bullshit (like the majority of X7 and X8 basically being irrelevant.)

Command Mission's a continuity deadzone, however, which makes me sad. I really liked some of the design elements in the redesigns and the whole Force Metal gimmick.
>>
>>14528547
>>14528547
X's design was balls though. Good on its own, but it's not X.
>>
>>14528557
I dug the beam cape but X was probably my least favorite. I liked some of the other designs they had for X though which felt more "X" than the one he ended up with.
>>
As someone who's only played a few games in the main timeline, what the hell is Reploid DNA?
>>
>>14526904

But 5 gave a nice ending to everything and was a good leadup to the Zero series.
>>
>>14528657
As someone who's played every game in the series, dunno lol.
>>
>>14520241
>Were the two of them designed with cooperative functionality to one another?
That's exactly why and how they were built, and that's why Iris immediately flips her shit when Colonel gets taken down.
>>
>61 posts
>no one said it

I'm impressed /m/, that takes restraint
>>
>>14525617

>"Listen Colonel, lay down your weapons, you guys aren't looking too good right now."
>"NEVER! We have our pride!

Yeah, Repliforce are the stupidest bastards I've seen in a Capcom game. At that point they should have known that they would send X(Y'know the upgrade to a robot who beat the crap out of Wily forces 11-12 times. By himself.) & Zero after them.

But no "We have Pride!!". Jackasses.
>>
>>14528805
I'll grant it that. Kind of a pity the final Sigma fight feels underwhelming compared to everything his X4 incarnation threw at you though.
>>
>>14529488
2nd Amendment
>>
File: a69.png (21KB, 409x390px) Image search: [Google]
a69.png
21KB, 409x390px
>>14529415
>>
>>14529488
>Yeah, Repliforce are the stupidest bastards I've seen in a Capcom game.

You should see Umbrella employees
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.