[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to watch Casshern. Where should I start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: cassherns.png (144KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
cassherns.png
144KB, 300x225px
I want to watch Casshern. Where should I start?
>>
The first one. Sins is kind of shit so you could skip it if you want.
>>
>>14518903
1993 was kinda meh.
>>
>>14518903
>>
>>14518903
>I want to watch Casshern. Where should I start?

The original tv series from 1970-something plus the oav from the nineties. The live action film is shit in that it has nothing of (anime) Kyashan. As for the last anime installment, it's Saint Seiya crossed with Evangelion existentialism. In other words avoid at all costs.
>>
2004 had nice moments but overall it's shit.
>>
>shitting on Sins
For what reason?
>>
>>14518945

because only old things are good. If new things where good they would have been from the 70s/80s now wouldn't they
>>
>>14518945
It was really bad.
>>
>>14518903
Sins. And you may stop after that. Although, you could also watch ova, if you into all those shitty 90's remakes.
>>
>shitty on the 90's OVAs
Why? They were good.
>>
I remember someone saying that the live action Casshern was a shit movie but the ending fight scene's music was god tier.
>>
>>14519194
The only parts I liked from the movie are Casshern's mouth guard closing and that his first fight scene against the robot army that lasted for about a minute or so
>>
>>14519194
Fuck you. I loved it, and even made my friend, who doesn't watch anime, see it. He later said it was stylish, and looked like a long music video
>>
>>14518903
> Where should I start?
Anywhere. I reccomend saving Casshern Sins for the last since it's Yamauchi's masterpiece.
>>
>>14518903
Production order.

1973 - pros: good old fashioned anime. cons: old fashioned anime

1993 - meh for most parts, but have some decent fights. And a very meh ending.

2004 - I love this shit. All I can say is that is love or hate with this one.

2008 - pros: beautiful animakino, a ride into human soul and it's condition in a doomed world. cons: the ride never ends. It's a fucking drag.
>>
>>14518903
'73 is the only sensible starting point.
Play some classic Megaman and Megaman X games you're at it and laugh.
>>
>>14518903
Skip the movie, make sure you have tissues handy when you watch Sins.
>>
Casshern Sins would have been a lot better if it had half as many episodes. It was too drawn-out and repetitive and the "We're all so fucking depressed all the time" atmosphere got real old real quick.
>>
Does the 70s show have an overarching plot that generally progresses over the episodes or is it mostly episodic? I watched the first few episodes a while back, and they were entertaining. However, and I hate to say it like this, I just don't like committing to long shows aimed primarily at children/early teens
>>
>>14520239
> It was too drawn-out and repetitive
That was kind of the point, mate. You were supposed to start feeling bored and apathetic of the world being in constant decay without any hope of getting better.
>>
>>14520302
>long shows
It's 35, 20-minute episodes, man.

>aimed primarily at children/early teens
The fuck does that have to do with how much you're willing to "commit"?
>>
>>14520565
He's a Plusfag
>>
>>14520565
Noted! Thanks for your helpful feedback
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.