[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

United Earth Sphere Alliance tribute thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 13

File: GundamWep22b.jpg (73KB, 896x682px) Image search: [Google]
GundamWep22b.jpg
73KB, 896x682px
Depending on the circumstances; they ended up serving the Treize Faction, the Sanc Kingdom, official OZ, and even protected the Gundams a few times. It's likely some of Peacemillion's crew were Alliance as well, going into space with the Gundams from the Sanc Kingdom.

It's ironic that the dysfunctional organization's members rose up through adversity to fight so long thorough the series.
>>
>>14517196

I don't really have much to add, I just want to say that the Peacemillion is one of my favorite things about Wing and one of the few really good spaceship designs in Gundam in my opinion. It's not the least bit utilitarian, but it's got a very ornate look that calls to mind some of the atomic designs of the 40s to 60s, the same kind of ones that Lucas was looking to homage with Padme's ships in the prequel trilogy. The same focus on flowing lines and economic designs in terms of protrusions and so on.
>>
>>14517196
They probably shouldn't have reduced the forces.
>>
>>14517221

They got stuck in a bad position. The Gundams being framed for Operation Daybreak's results made an official team-up with the Gundams politically impossible for the leadership for too long.

Only individual groups struck up alliances of convenience with the Gundams.

But in fairness, the Gundam pilots never tried to prove they were innocent to the Alliance. Nor did they ever align themselves with the Alliance as a way to weaken OZ and win a political settlement.
>>
>>14517221
REDUCE THE FORCES?
>>
>>14517282
General Septum, please.
>>
>>14517374
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PROBLEM WITH THE MOBILE SUITS
>>
File: FieldMarshalNoventaScared.jpg (17KB, 638x470px) Image search: [Google]
FieldMarshalNoventaScared.jpg
17KB, 638x470px
SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE LENS FLARES WHEN THE GUNDAMS APPEAR! EVERY TIME I SEE ONE I THINK, "THE LIGHTING EFFECTS.....I'M HAVING A SEZIURE!"
>>
>>14517399

(Seriously, it's amazing the Alliance could see a damn thing with the Gundams' sheer opening lens flares)
>>
File: Op1.jpg (30KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
Op1.jpg
30KB, 275x200px
>>14517196

OP's picture is extra ironic because it's not even on Earth--it's some sort of Alliance General Staff that evacuated to the space colony D-120, the Alliance's formal colonial headquarters in Outer Space.

Conjures images of Chinese National Revolutionary Army general commanding imaginary military districts from Taiwan in 1950, or or evacuated leaderships who outlived their military forces.

Is it bizarre that the default operator in SD Gundam Capsule Fighter was a faceless Alliance officer? Pretty sure he was the only Wing-themed pilot.
>>
File: Special Mobile Suit Troops.jpg (149KB, 638x957px) Image search: [Google]
Special Mobile Suit Troops.jpg
149KB, 638x957px
>>14517799

>ironic

Should probably acknowledge that the situation potentially fails to meet the definition for dramatic irony. Whoopses.

Anyway, even before OZ split with Treize's resignation, it's worth remembering practically all their personnel were, at some point, the Alliance. Excluding the design bureau part, OZ's military arm was originally the Special MS Troops, which were just a distinct unit within the Alliance Armed Forces, like the Marines or the VDV--they just happened to be originally recruited from Romefeller's Youth Wing. Hence Treize's (thinly disguised mocking) comment, "I too am an Alliance officer, Marshal."

Excluding colonial terrorists, the Alliance WAS the military in Earth Sphere. A lot of Alliance officers go on to serve in OZ, which becomes the new military in Earth Sphere. Then there are a bunch of colonials who get recruited for militias in space (how Trowa sneaked in).

If you were an MS pilot, or practically any other professional soldier, you were either in some branch of the Alliance, or you were trained by OZ as part of their Outer Space initiative--not counting five Gundam pilots.
>>
>>14517212
The Peacemillion is great, needs to show up in more games.

Apparently the reason it is so gigantic is because it was designed for travel outside the solar system, and has actually done so?
>>
>>14519097
Don't think it actually did but the ship was designed with exploring the solar system in mind originally. The design was just adapted
into a battleship before construction began if i remember right.
>>
Is it just me or is it kind of silly for a future military to have a dirigible as an AWACS type of vehicle?
>>
>>14519719
Wing had great grunt designs but one of its problems was it didn't seem to have much in the way of space fleet designs.

No standard battleships.
It went from Civilian/Travel space shuttles, to some generic MS-carrying cargo transports, then it jumped all the way up to massive mobile space stations and colony lasers which the Peacemillion was about the size of as well.
>>
>>14519723
I think you might have overlooked that they also use giant humanoid robots.
Also airships are classy as fuck and fits their aesthetic.
>>
File: 223.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>>14519723
weren't they at some special conference? I mean maybe it was just there for Show?
>>
File: 1212289270172.jpg (37KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1212289270172.jpg
37KB, 512x384px
>>
>>14519723
No? Airships have insane loiter times, so you only need one as opposed to needing multiple AWACS birds.
>>
File: 16790115.png (166KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
16790115.png
166KB, 400x533px
>>14519723

As I recall, the Alliance CO, Bonaparte, deliberately chose it to make a statement--Colonial terrorists wouldn't DARE attack such a well-defended target, and the civilian staff at Corsica could literally see it from anywhere at the base.

The Specials officer in charge (before Zechs arrives), Walker, tries and fails to dissuade him that it is, in fact, a gigantic, slow-moving target.When the Gundams arrive, the Specials cover its evacuation.

So, yes, dumb idea. Might've served as a good AWACS platform though?
>>
>>14519732
I agree with you, but it did fit the lore of the show. The space colonies had no military might to speak of, and the Alliance didn't really have much use for battleships when they could just send a dozen Aries and Space Leos and wreck everyone's shit in about an hour. Without any sort of unified military force between the different colonies, no one had any reason to build battleships for protracted space warfare. The huge space stations like Barge, Libra, and Peacemillion were all created to be impressive rather than practical. Hell, Libra was built specifically because the Romefeller Foundation basically told Tsubarov to build something that makes all their dicks look huge.
>>
>>14517385
MOBILE SUITS MADE OF GUNDANIUM ALLOY!
>>
>>14520357
WHAAAAT
>>
How much power did the United Earth Sphere Alliance even have in the first place (as in, at the start of the anime) compared to Oz?
>>
>>14520357
Excuse, good sir, but don't you mean MOBILE SUITS FROM GUNDANIUM ALLOY MADE IN OUTER SPACE!?
>>
>>14520988
The Alliance, at the start of Wing, had nominal control of everything, with OZ as a 'special forces' group. Nation-states still exist, with the Alliance acting as a global, well-armed, peacekeeping force. Of course, they are not without enemies who challenge them militarily, be it the rebels in the Chinese hinterlands or the Maganac Corps in Arabic nations.
And we know the Alliance achieved this goal roughly 20 years prior to the start of the series with the deployment of the Leo.
>>
>>14521587
WHAAAAT? OUTER SPACE?
>>
>>14521587
WHAAT I THOUGHT THAT QUOTE WENT THAT WAAY.
>>
File: 1408568175733.jpg (528KB, 1400x935px) Image search: [Google]
1408568175733.jpg
528KB, 1400x935px
>>
File: 1436951743916.png (961KB, 1000x1534px) Image search: [Google]
1436951743916.png
961KB, 1000x1534px
>>14519877
Sup Jamil?
>>
>>14519877

I loved this guy. Why was he a one-off character?

Dude was Duke Nukem in an OZ uniform.
>>
>>14517196
It's a shame we'll never see such a dignified NWO in any new Gundam.

An aristocratically themed alliance of nations was actually pretty cool.
>>
>>
>>14527865

His name is given as 'Krist' in one of the Wing reference books.
>>
File: job_well_done.png (749KB, 1012x610px) Image search: [Google]
job_well_done.png
749KB, 1012x610px
>There will never be an Alliance vs OZ game where you fight either as a member of the United Earth Sphere Alliance or the Organization of the Zodiac

>You will never have your missions interrupted by the sudden appearance of one of the five Gundams, where your only real recourse is to somehow survive as they're too powerful to be killed by a single pilot

>Because OZ becomes the ruling power, you will never get to a point where you can unlock and develop the Serpent as the true successor to the Leo
>>
>>14525324
WE'VEBEENUNDERATTACKBYMOBILESUITSFROMGUNDANIUMALLOYMADEINOUTERSPACE!!!!!!!
>>
>>14530970
The second coming of Jesus Krist
>>
>>14531753
If only Wing came out 10 years later.

Instead, SEED came out during the PS2-era, so we got two Alliance vs ZAFT titles, whereas all the Wing games were 2D fighters.
>>
>>14531753
But you would get access to Virgo's. Too bad they'd probably end up as Dolls.
>>
File: eddy.png (254KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
eddy.png
254KB, 640x480px
ALL THE MISSLIES HAVE HIT THEIR TARGETS
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.