[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the Universal Century, what mobile suits would you remove

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 20623-6.jpg (120KB, 770x1027px) Image search: [Google]
20623-6.jpg
120KB, 770x1027px
In the Universal Century, what mobile suits would you remove or merge to cut down on the clutter? Which would you keep? Particularly for the OYW. Lets say any mobile suit from the original series gets to stay. You would be able to rewrite the development history to accomodate any changes you made, and make slight redesigns.

Zaku I: Seems fine. You have the standard Zaku I, Sniper and Commander-type.

Zaku II: I would remove the C and/or A Type Zaku II so there's just one (if any) early version of the Zaku II. The MS-06G could still be around as an upgrade package to bring them up to spec with the Gouf. The Zaku II HiMo series are a bit too iconic to be removed, and can serve as both an upgrade package, used before the Rick Dom is introduced and as the predecessor to the Gelgoog. The Zaku Tank, Cannon, Desert, Marine, Recon and Flipper would get to still exist.

Everything else would go.

Gouf: I'd keep the A, B, B-3 and Flight Types.

Dom: There's too many 'next-gen' Doms. Just have it be the (Rick) Dom and Dom Cannons. The next-gen Dom could be the (Rick) Dom II, developed as part of the UMP and featuring the vulcan guns of the Dowadge.

Gelgoog: A, B, & C Types are all that's needed.

The Galbaldy would exist but no other Pezun Project MS would. Kampfer, Xamel and a few other one-offs like the Efreet series would exist too.

Amphibious: Acguy, Z'Gok, Zock, Z'Gok E, Gogg, Hygogg.

GM: GM, GM Command, GM Cannon, GM Sniper Custom, GM Sniper II, Armored GM, GM Ground Type, Aqua GM
>>
>>14516266
Still pretty cluttered honestly. I'd either remove nearly every MSV ever or keep all of them.
>>
>>14516282
Yeah, but nowhere near as much. I suppose the GM Cannon could be removed if the Guntank MPT & Guncannon MPT would still be a thing. Maybe remove the Sniper Custom and have the GM Sniper II just be the "GM Sniper".

Zaku II F, J, G, R2, R3, K, D, M, E-3. That doesn't look so bad if you remove the Recon and don't count the Tank, since it's an improvisational model.

Maybe have only one or two Gouf Flight-Types.

That would be around two dozen MS, which is a lot less from the dozens of canon Zeon MS.
>>
Each "named" suit can only have variations that are either terrain-related, i.e. ground/amphibious/space; or something that adds a lot of functionality like cannons/sniper.

Different loadouts that aren't truly built-in; and early/late/upgrade models shouldn't really be considered different suits.
>>
>>14516266
This is sort of chump change to the madness that is Zeta-era MS.

Like half of all the MS in Zeta need to go simply because they're all evolutionary dead-ends and are introduced/seen once somewhere and then never important ever again.

OYW MS at least have some form of lineage and continuity.
Zeta is "random abomination with lots of angles that can transform" a lot of the time; while that's produced some gold, there's far too many "throw it at the wall and hope it sticks" MS designs there.
>>
>>14516266
The Pezun Dowadge should at least be included; it's a more logical descendant of the Dom line after the Rick Dom II, as it finally can use its own integrated beam weaponry (i.e. the Dom line's chest diffuse beam gun becoming an actual torso beam gun).

It makes more sense than the radically different Rick Dias, and would be more sensibly linked to the Dreissen.
>>
Anon, you'll never clean up the clutter that has been done to UC due to MSVs and sidestories.
>>
>>14516944
Anon I don't think any of the designs in Zeta are actually a dead end now. Most of them got further upgrades due to Unicorn, like the Asshimar and Methuss.
>>
>>14516266
I'd probably got rid of the Gogg of i had to choose on Mobile suit. Hy-Gogg's existence makes it more or less irrelevant, not that aquatic MS had a ton of utility either
>>
>>14516266
Everything from AoZ
>>
File: 1423806624932.jpg (50KB, 600x450px)
1423806624932.jpg
50KB, 600x450px
>>14516266
Are you serious??
I would remove the Zaku and it's varients.

A close second would be the GM and it's varients.

I think I want there to just be the Gundam and the main villain is the Gyan. I think the Gyan should...FIGHT TO WIN! :D
>>
>>14517611
Can't tell if trolling or shitty taste.
>>
File: 1440389062525.jpg (58KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1440389062525.jpg
58KB, 500x375px
>>14517618
The Gyan and the gundam are more interesting and suited to everyone better in general. It was a personal quesion and I amswered, so yeah.
>>
Just have a normal Zaku II instead of a F/J type
>>
>>14516968
Just have the (Rick) Dom II capable of using beam rifles. It's a UMP-era suit anyway.
>>
Make the Gouf a blue Zaku.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.