[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Godzilla/Shin Godzilla Thread #4: Safe Haven Editon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 399
Thread images: 119

File: ShinGodzillathreadpic3.jpg (189KB, 768x1008px) Image search: [Google]
ShinGodzillathreadpic3.jpg
189KB, 768x1008px
Last Thread: >>14484559

Discuss your favorite movies for the Godzilla Franchise and anything Godzilla related.

New TV Spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GwzFpgOBJc
>>
File: TKrules.jpg (35KB, 756x342px) Image search: [Google]
TKrules.jpg
35KB, 756x342px
>>14509047
Jesus Christ, it's gotten worse.
Then again just look at TK's rules for "Offensive/Disruptive Content".

Also Welcome to the thread Anon.
>>
>>14510597
Stop posting in these threads.
Your autisitc obsession with Toho Kingdom contributes nothing and offers no interesting insights.
>>
File: christ.png (42KB, 1159x218px) Image search: [Google]
christ.png
42KB, 1159x218px
>>14510597
>>14510612

I went to TK today because of that anon. I did not like what I saw.
>>
>>14510597
Literally no one cares, no one even visits that site. It's like going to a kindergarten and laughing at the kids for not knowing how to draw a giraffe. Let them have their fun and just ignore their existence.

It's almost as bad as BZP shitposting in Bionicle threads.
>>
File: Godzillaboldandbrash.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Godzillaboldandbrash.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
Did we ever get word on wtf this is?
>>
File: Goji exploring.png (2MB, 1911x811px) Image search: [Google]
Goji exploring.png
2MB, 1911x811px
Why was KingGoji so passive in KkvG?

He only resorted to fighting when really provoked. Otherwise throughout the movie he's just exploring the mountain, strolling through cities and enjoying life. Not really attacking until he's threatened. Even then he would try retreating before taking action.
>>
File: gojitrans5.png (57KB, 131x152px) Image search: [Google]
gojitrans5.png
57KB, 131x152px
>>14510592
>classical music
>no dialogue
>just skreeonk

Yep that's Anno

Don't let us down please.
>>
File: Dead_Godzilla.jpg (101KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Dead_Godzilla.jpg
101KB, 500x700px
>>14510592

Getting some serious Evangelion vibes from the music. God damn, Anno. Someone take me to Japan to see it.
>>
>>14510597

those all seem like reasonable rules, tho, anon, why you so buttmad
>>
>>14510928
Not him, but mods and admins there have been known to abuse the rules. Did you find Twilight a decent movie? Say goodbye to your avatar privileges. Had a temp ban before and did nothing sense? You can still get banned. Did you like Terminator 3 or 4 more than 2? Prepare for chronic mod harassment. Beat a mod in a debate civily? An admin will whine at you over it. Did something many years ago that has no bearing anymore? Expect harassment over it with the insulters being ignored by staff while even looking out of line can get your disciplinary action.

Mods and admins that aren't the owner can and will pick and choose who to punish, some people don't even last to their fifth post upon joining, others can do stalking threats and nobody cares. This is also ignoring the fact that banned members are used as villains in fanfictions (or at least used to) and will harass you on other websites. No wonder a senior member wanted to end their life.
>>
>>14511074
Forgot an example.
-Regular member: Jurassic Park was kind of bad.
-Mod: Hey that's trolling!

Being sexually attracted to Pokemon also somehow counts as trolling, different views of life in general are seen as trolling.
>>
The staff will think you're a banned member because you are familiar with 80s mecha anime that isn't Gundam or Macross related, keep that in mind before posting there, /m/.
>>
>>14510597
>not using the fantasy match or fanfiction rules
>>
A few guys are lurking here: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=293&start=22140

Say TK, how's that member you almost sent to suicide?
>>
>>14510655
He wasn't acting on ill intent and behaving like an animal because that's what the story called for. It called for an "intelligent creature vs unthinking beast" scenario, and they put King Kong as the former and Godzilla as the latter.
>>
Just a reminder of how TK clique groups act: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ispeakthetruth357/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
>>
File: jake_lol.gif (559KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
jake_lol.gif
559KB, 400x276px
>>14511097
Holy shit, this is gold.
>>
File: kek.png (134KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
134KB, 250x231px
>>14511097
Tell me more about this?

>And we never strike back, huh? I hear TK gets this a lot but they've never gave them a taste of their own medicine. Oh how satisfying it would be... but that's not my call to make: not that I wouldn't love to help organise a good raid.

What a tough guy.
>>
>>14511115
>>14511116
Read the previous pages, those are ROFL inducing
>>
Would you believe there was a mini-raid from TK here back in October and they waited until the thread was pruned before striking on Archive Foolz?
>>
File: taunting.gif (1MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
taunting.gif
1MB, 500x374px
>>14511108

Interesting. I really like how KingGoji behaved. So very different. Though he did enjoy mocking Kong with his arm clap thing.

>>14511120
So much triggering. That Xeno guy has me giggling.
>>
File: MANLY.png (10KB, 796x241px) Image search: [Google]
MANLY.png
10KB, 796x241px
>we're going after Phoebe
No, I doubt Pheebs was okay with harassing someone across the net until they wanted to die.
>>
>skreeonking.
Should we adopt this adjective too? I think it makes skreeonking sense for these threads.
>>
>>14511116
>TK going to other websites to attack people
Makes sense to me, they did it before
>>
What about that Young Guy user, eh?
>>
>the guy that was bullied off of TK to the point of morbid depression was an asexual
You think the "no anti-LGBT" part of the rules has a bit of a loophole?
>>
>>14511164
Was he among the guys that harasses people on other websites until they get to a mental point in which they don't see anything good in life anymore?
>>
>>14511176
I don't think so. I just think he's a bit funny with that "man" bullshit.
>>
File: ENOUGH.gif (490KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
ENOUGH.gif
490KB, 256x192px
>>14511155
No please, anon!
>>
This reminds me back in 07 when Godzilla 90s had his account hacked and the hacker made a long and detailed post about how he was about to end his life due to endless harassment in real life. One response was "quick someone give a damn!" and when someone actually did he was met with "how would you know death isn't worth it?" or something along those lines. So yeah, when it comes to human life amongst their own they have so little care it's kind of creepy.
>>
Say Young Man, care to bring up how a senior member wanted to die from absurd harassment or do you have a gag order on the forum over that?
>>
Why do people like hashtags when hashbrowns are so much better?
>>
>>14511193
Jesus. And people say people here are psychopaths.
>>
I asked a question about him and he thinks it's a direct accusation. Does he even know what happened in October? If not, boy are the staff good at cover ups.
>>
>>14511211
Him and godzillafan1954 were both around during then, maybe they were bribed or sincerely didn't see what happened.
>>
>"I didn't harass anyone."
I asked if you WERE. Well, that answers that question, he wasn't involved with THAT incident.
>>
>TK's history is literally this complex and nobody keeps records of it

Yeesh
>>
Why is this thread filled with stand alone posts, not in reply to any other, or contributing anything of value, obsessively talking about another website? Is this a coordinated effort?

It's really creepy.
>>
>>14511232
it's totally not the same fag who got triggered and brings up the same shit every thread, for reals
>>
>>14511232
Toho Kingdom is like the Suicide Squad, someone is getting head hunted.
>>
>>14511225
Not everything can be Chris-chan.
>>
>>14511232
>It's really creepy.
TK is a living creepypasta and said noodles taste better than in most Italian restaurants. To quote Bill from King of The Hill "I'll take the jumbo spaghetti sandwich"
>>
So who's doing the music for the new movie, anyway? Have they done anything else? The stuff from the first trailer sounds amazing and I want more.
>>
>>14511233
What fag? Young Guy?
>>
>>14511246
I don't think so, he isn't even aware of what is being talked about.
>>
RIP apeshit, your word has lost all meaning and I'm too lazy to post the funeral march.
>>
>>14511244
Thought it was the same person who does the music for Eva.
>>
I wonder if we'll get our own stutterfest read
>>
Is TK haunted?
>>
I wonder what that Young Guy looks like in real life...

I bet he's hawt.
>>
>>14510592
Is that my boy Shiro Sagisu doing the music?
>>
>>14511303
Fuck off back to TK Young Guy. underage b&
>>
File: Morphinominal.png (395KB, 460x461px) Image search: [Google]
Morphinominal.png
395KB, 460x461px
All 3 new TV Spots in High Quality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mon1OKT6q2U
>>
I think I'm being turned on by godzillafan1954. My god, I bet he's sexy as fuk!
>>
Nah, Xeno is bae.
>>
>>14510643
I call it Bold and Brash.
>>
>>14511433
oh u totes rekt meee
>>
>>14511439
Who's doing the music for this movie?
>>
>>14511470
Shirō Sagisu

Also I love how the TK Mod is a fucking killjoy.
>>
I read in issue 666 of World's Hottest Men that Young Guy has a HUUUUUUUUGE clogmonger!
>>
Yeah but Xeno is pure, unrivalled MAN.
>>
File: 1446970117981.jpg (49KB, 325x355px) Image search: [Google]
1446970117981.jpg
49KB, 325x355px
>>14511303
>>14511441
>>14511451
>>14511459
>>14511477
>>14511492
>>
So that's why I'm on 4Chan then... I've become pathetic...
>>
I just came on my fukking computer screen to godzillfan1954's picture.
>>
Anyone have the link to Maser City?
Snowden(G14 leaks) apparently is leaking shit there.
>>
Gee, I wonder if Young Man is driving the senior members here to depression...
>>
Come on, anons. An exciting film is right around the corner and this thread is overrun with comments about a dysfunctional forum. Let's get into plot speculation and see who is right and who is wrong come July 29.
>>
I'd drive 'em to hell.
>>
>>14511574
That's all /m/ cares about. Nobody here actually gives a shit about Godzilla or really any content on /m/.
>>
>>14511574
It all turns out to be a big misunderstanding and this will be the kindest mosy heroic Godzilla to date. The moral of the story is not judging others by their appearance.
>>
File: 1JQmFlL.jpg (74KB, 960x731px) Image search: [Google]
1JQmFlL.jpg
74KB, 960x731px
>>14511598
>Godzilla 2014-2.
>>
>>14511598
We should see how well /m/ knows Hideaki Anno. Taking everything we know about Godzilla Resurgence so far, let's come up with a possible summary of the film and debate potential financial performance.
>>
>>14511574
>Godzilla has a larger role in the film than what we thought.
>The main plot of the film is Japan keeping Godzilla from returning to the water.
>The reason being is that Godzilla's Body causes the water to become red and "Toxic" to humans.
>It's Godzilla's body trying to multiply.
>Half way in the film Godzilla begins the process of overheating and begins smoking and glowing.
>Godzilla stops/Sleeps at Tokyo Station to "Cool off", due to being out of the water for so long.
>Japan comes up with a plan to use a Train filled with Special bombs to kill Godzilla.
>While preparing to use the Train bomb, a "Smaller Godzilla", attacks the train and people in the tunnels.
>One of the main Characters manages to get the train passed the "Smaller Godzilla".
>The Train hits Godzilla, exploding, and releases a Powder like gas that causes Godzilla to die.
>At the end, "Smaller Godzilla" is unknown if it lived or died.
>>
>>14511533
>implying some Amerifat can get a script from the Japs

kek the only reason he got the early G14 script was because he was just a messenger. Doubt someone sent him a script for a Japanese movie.
>>
Hi Mr_Goji_and_Watch!
>>
>>14511654
JESUS FUCK

NO ONE CARES

STOP SAMEFAGGING
>>
He's beyond salty. He's seasoned.
>>
DELICIOUS!
>>
Cannibalism is still wrong, right?
>>
It's 4Chan, anything goes.
>>
Fukking good. I'll eat the salty one.
>>
>>14511631
So Mini Godzilla would the be the exciting thing that happens an 1hr 10min into the film?

What of Kaiju A and Kaiju B?

What kind of relationship do the leads have? Does the Prime Minister die?

What abilities does this particular Godzilla have? Anything out of the ordinary?
>>
If you're feeling suicidal, come to 4Chan, you'll get your damn results.
>>
>>14511730
A is a Tadpole like form.
B is a Quadrupedal form.(Mini Godzilla)
>>
>>14511730
>The Main Guy is okay, but just kinda there.
>The US Agent is annoying, but she's there to show off the idea of "America Intervening in problems that they're not involved in."
>Prime Minister gets killed while Godzilla goes on his rampage(At this point).
--
>The only way I can really describe this Godzilla is as a mixture of Hedorah and Burning Godzilla.
>The roar is almost disturbing, the Shin Chan Episode doesn't do the design justice.
>The "Forms" reminded me of the Host.
--
>Tokyo basically gets "Nuked" by Godzilla.
>A scene shows the aftermath much like they did in Gojira.
>Godzilla by the climax of the film looks like it's been burned, steaming, and smoking.
>>
Here is information from insider Bob Eggleton:
1. Godzilla will fire his ray... from his TAIL! He will raise it up like a scorpion, and the tip will open up and out comes the ray.
2. Godzilla's neck can open up like a cobra's hood. I think this also happens when firing his ray.
3. Godzilla is not a dinosaur, but a new life form created by the fukashima disaster.
4. Godzilla will have three forms, the first being a tadpole. His evolution will be similar to Hedorah's.
>>
>>14511834
>>14511767

Sounds interesting. May I ask where this information comes from?

Also, someone claimed that the message was handled poorly. Anything on that?
>>
>>14511116

HOLY SHIT.

NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT TK.
>>
>>14511842
>1. Godzilla will fire his ray... from his TAIL! He will raise it up like a scorpion, and the tip will open up and out comes the ray.
Not so much a ray, but the tail is very important and is very long for a reason.

>2. Godzilla's neck can open up like a cobra's hood. I think this also happens when firing his ray.
The most snake like thing Godzilla does in this movie is Opening is mouth wide.

>3. Godzilla is not a dinosaur, but a new life form created by the fukashima disaster.
This is True, Godzilla is supposed to be the "Ultimate Life form", or "All the animals on Earth combined".

>4. Godzilla will have three forms, the first being a tadpole. His evolution will be similar to Hedorah's.
This is true.
>>
>>14511872

My biggest fear is that this is actually gonna end up being really, really good, but it ends up getting shit on because it's "too different."

I mean, all of these concepts actually sound really interesting and different for a solo G movie, but nostalgiafags, neckbeards and casuals are gonna hate it for actually having the backbone to do something different.
>>
>>14511891
Put it this way.
I hate the idea of Solo Films, but Shin Godzilla is interesting enough to make up for the lack of another Monster/Fight.

It's different, but it's different in a way that makes Godzilla interesting and makes you want more of Shin Godzilla.
>>
Hey all you 4CHANNELERS listen up! This is TK and we gonna f**k you up reaaal good!

You have NO idea what we're planning...
>>
>>14511905

Honestly, if these spoilers are true, then this is shaping up to be the movie I had hoped that 2014 would be
>>
>>14511891
I'd actually like it if the movie really was all-out strange and became very successful to boot, proving to all those nostalgiafagging fucktards that there's nothing inherently wrong with doing Godzilla differently.

Alternately, it won't do as well, and they will think they have been proven right, and will continue to demand the same worn-out shit until the franchise goes under again.

But in either case, the movie's bound to be hated by tons of people for various reasons, it's hated already, there's nothing you can do against that.
>>
>>14510592
Never seen the original Godzilla before; thinking about buying the Criterion Collection DVD. Is that the definitive version if I'm really interested in audio commentaries and bonus features and such?
>>
>>14511934

If you can spare the cash, then yes get the Criterion version, it kicks ass.

>>14511926

See, I could see it going either way. The stuff I hear here about Japan being tired of kaiju makes me think that this movie could pull a Batman Begins if the spoilers are true. But on the other hand, we're talking about a culture that's generally more change-resistant than us Anglophones are, so I dunno.
>>
this thread has some 2007ish /b/ level autism. fuck all of you faggots talking about some other shithole website.
>>
>>14511959
>Finally get back on Topic.
>Discussing Shin Godzilla.
>Foaming mouth faggot appears to attempt to start shit again.

No.

Also for anyone in this Thread, Draw what you think the "Tadpole" might look like.
>>
File: 1407800776795.png (732KB, 1300x417px) Image search: [Google]
1407800776795.png
732KB, 1300x417px
>tfw I got a warning for reporting TK faggots
>tfw mods are TK fags
>>
>>14511934
Totally. Seeing the 1956 American version might be interesting too, to see the cultural differences.
>>
File: 1468436947717.jpg (55KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468436947717.jpg
55KB, 400x400px
>visit /m/ to discuss new Godzilla
>thread consists entirely of faggots from some forum talking about said forum
>>
File: Tadpole.png (7KB, 612x182px) Image search: [Google]
Tadpole.png
7KB, 612x182px
>>14511995
Does that honestly surprise you?
For fuck sake, one of the Mods is the guy that "makes" those God awful DonutSteel Kaiju sprites.
>>
>>14511944
Should they find it too hard to swallow, and if Toho wants to keep making further G flicks, I at least hope they will be able to discern the stuff that works about the movie, and build on that, instead of just dismissing the entire thing and rushing another lazy "Godzilla vs Whatever the Fuck, feat. Mothra"" cashgrab onto screens that does nothing different and is only meant to appease the autists.

But of course that's presupposing that the movie will be good, and that it won't kill kaiju movies even deader than they are. I'm liking most of what I'm hearing so far (granted, most are just rumors but still), but I can say the same for a number of other Godzilla movies that sound good when I read about them, but don't actually enjoy watching them.

>>14511934
>>14512001
Yeah, and even the American cut of the movie has a commentary, so that's a welcome bonus.
>>
File: WE_CALL_HIM_GOJIRA.png (79KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
WE_CALL_HIM_GOJIRA.png
79KB, 700x600px
>>14511984
>>
>>14512008
Godzilla vs Broken Matt would be ratings
>>
>>14512023

If I were in charge of Toho, I'd say "fuck it", give Anno as much money as possible, and say "Here, go make Shin Gojira vs. Evangelion, and remember to put every dark, horrific, bizarre idea that pops into that depressed brain of yours into the movie." Just to see what happens.
>>
File: shin friend 1.jpg (430KB, 1208x1280px) Image search: [Google]
shin friend 1.jpg
430KB, 1208x1280px
>>14511598
>>
If the rumors and spoilers are true, it appears Resurgence will be an incredibly ambitious film. Returning to the darker roots of the character and heading into a new direction at the same time. As others have stated, it sounds similar to Hedorah. A little Burning Godzilla and Berserker Mode from Evangelion too. Seems like the focus will be solely on Godzilla, which means it's already starting on a better foot than Legendary's attempt. And the special effects seem solid thus far.

I'd like to know more about the characters. Are they interesting or likeable? Will there be romance or are there interactions more professional in nature? Do they ever personally experience the action or are they always a safe distance away?

Although I'm slightly worried about execution, can't say that I'm not looking forward to this new interpretation.
>>
>>14512079
I don't know how to feel about that picture.
>>
Haven't seen a godzilla movie since 2000 or whatever where he fights that ufo with legs that turns into a hungry hungry hippo.

Which one should I watch first to reenter the series?
>>
>>14512155

Just watch Final Wars as far as the recent shit is concerned. It's so stupid it swings back around into genius, and to this day I have no idea whether or not that was intended. That is how passionately, gloriously stupid it is.
>>
File: shin friend 2.jpg (392KB, 1280x1073px) Image search: [Google]
shin friend 2.jpg
392KB, 1280x1073px
>>14512121
>>
>>14512162
Thanks Burger Meat Goji!
>>
>>14512161
>It's so stupid it swings back around into genius, and to this day I have no idea whether or not that was intended.
It's definitely intentional. Ryuhei Kitramura is a gigantic Sam Raimi fan and he uses a lot of the same style of humor.
>>
>>14512161
The director knew exactly what he was doing in that film.
>>
File: angels-egg.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
angels-egg.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>14512062
A studio's purpose is to make money. There's such a thing as too weird.
>>
>>14510643
a random fucking piece of shitty art some fucktard on twitter drew, you stupid cunt?
>>
File: 1468328156650.jpg (31KB, 640x189px) Image search: [Google]
1468328156650.jpg
31KB, 640x189px
Has this retard backpedalled yet or what?
>>
>>14512189

>hating on Angel's Egg

We don't look too kindly on that kinda shit taste 'round these here parts
>>
File: CnnwOl1UIAEN0Mc.jpg (150KB, 803x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CnnwOl1UIAEN0Mc.jpg
150KB, 803x1200px
>>14511891
Japs will be the first to hate it for being too different. EVA fags alone will hate it vehemently for the sheer fact that Anno did something that wasn't EVA.
>>
>>14512215

I'm an Evafag and at this point I'm honestly more excited for this than 3.0 + 1.0.
>>
>>14512204
Angel's Egg is 2deep4u: the movie.
>>
>>14512215
>EVA fags alone will hate it vehemently for the sheer fact that Anno did something that wasn't EVA.
That would not end well.
>>
>>14512155
Well the original is obviously a must, especially since that's the one the new movie's comparing itself to.

As far as more recent ones go, Giant Monsters All-Out Attack from 2001 is one of the most unique and better made ones. Many hate it for how it reimagined the monsters, I like it in part exactly because it attempted to be different.
>>
>>14512237

Nah man, it's the anime equivalent of Eraserhead: A director's feature-length mental purging session that the rest of us can enjoy for the atmosphere and visuals
>>
>>14512243

>the entire fandom looks forward to rebuild for giving us an ending marginally less horrific than EoE

>The same fandom harasses Anno into giving them EoE all over again

Sasuga evangelion
>>
>>14512189
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hypothetical

>>14512197
If it isn't a beam, is it his nuclear pulse or some new ability?
>>
File: lel.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>14511451

I think some guys from TK are trying to hijack the thread. That, or you guys are lowering your standards.
>>
>>14512155
Gojira, also check out King of the Monsters American dub
Godzilla vs King Kong
Godzilla vs Mothra
Invasion of the Astro Monster
Godzilla vs Hedorah
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla & Terror of Mechagodzilla
Godzilla vs Biollante
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II
Godzilla vs Destroyah

just for laughs:
MST3k episodes with Godzilla vs Megalon and Godzilla vs the Sea Monster, 212 and 213 respectively.
>>
>>14512265

BIG MCLARGEHUGE
>>
>>14512270
CRUD BONEMEAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cxV8Bf8ND4
>>
File: 1123.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1123.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>14511912

>4CHANNELERS

I lol'd.
I can tell we're dealing with one of the more intelligent specimens from the cesspool of their forum.
>>
>>14512288

>validating the troll with a response

srsly?
>>
>>14512281

PUNCH SIDEIRON
ROLL FIZZLEBEEF
BLAST HARDCHEESE
SLAB BULKHEAD
BOB JOHNSON
>>
>>14512300

>Troll is good at mimicking TK members
C'mon, this doesn't happen often.
>>
>>14512307

Just report the fucker and ignore him.
>>
*Shakes head.*

This isn't really helping either side look good here. Some of us just want to talk about and appreciate G16. Can we not drag TK controversy into this?
>>
>>14512413
>*Shakes head.*

Really?
>>
>>14510597
Anti-Neurodiversity? Seriously?
>>
>>14512427
*shrugs*
>>
>>14510592

So, do Shin G's arms just not work? Are they atrophied to being useless? They don't even move when he walks.
>>
File: gojitrans.png (680KB, 619x480px) Image search: [Google]
gojitrans.png
680KB, 619x480px
I just wanted to talk about Godzilla
>>
File: Godzilla 1962.jpg (2MB, 1424x2161px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla 1962.jpg
2MB, 1424x2161px
>>14512523

Alright /m/, who is your favorite Goji?

Pic related.
>>
File: CneW1eYWgAAQCZr.jpg (129KB, 1199x564px) Image search: [Google]
CneW1eYWgAAQCZr.jpg
129KB, 1199x564px
>>14512461
It's probably a reference to the original Godzilla. And from what we've seen he hasn't needed to use them yet.

>>14512523
This
>>
File: Xplusgodzilla0414.jpg (161KB, 1398x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Xplusgodzilla0414.jpg
161KB, 1398x1000px
>>14512533
I love FinalGoji. He's basically Heisei Goji: Back from the Gym Edition.
>>
>all these people falling for obvious bait

Jesus Christ, /m/, please stop.
>>
File: SoshingekiGoji_1.jpg (95KB, 594x594px) Image search: [Google]
SoshingekiGoji_1.jpg
95KB, 594x594px
>>14512533
Always have a soft spot for SoshingekiGoji. DAM was my first Godzilla movie and when I think of Showa Godzilla, its always this one.
>>
File: 5498549843344.jpg (342KB, 1500x1061px) Image search: [Google]
5498549843344.jpg
342KB, 1500x1061px
>>14512558
You beat me to it. Love that design. Guess I have to go with my other favorite.
>>
>>14512413
fuck off faggot tk mod
>>
>>14511244
It's Shiro Sagisu
>>
>>14512533
"Basic" 90s Heisei look. Can't really differentiate between them from memory (apart obviously from the burning version).
>>
>>14512427
he's a tk mod who constantly roleplays even though hes in his 20s lol

anyways shin goj
>>
>>14512215
I'm an Eva fag and a Godzilla fag. Feels pretty good right now.
>>
File: godzilla got funky.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla got funky.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>14512589
>>14512533
Biollante and King Ghidorah.
>>
>>14512575
The effects they achieved in the 50s for this movie were pretty remarkable.
>>
>people actually thinking the tadpole shit is real, when Toho protects the fuck out of the monster origins so much they will cancel the plot if you get it wrong.
>>
File: Doc Mustard.jpg (6KB, 224x320px) Image search: [Google]
Doc Mustard.jpg
6KB, 224x320px
>>14512413
Don't you have someone to harass to suicide?
>>
File: 37493498343.jpg (36KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
37493498343.jpg
36KB, 1024x768px
>>14512706
The same Toho that considered doing pic related in the 90s and allowed Kaneko to make Godzilla a host for those who died in WWII?
>>
>>14512720
And those were changed cause, you know.
>>
>>14512728
GMK didn't change
>>
File: 723832872320.jpg (336KB, 1600x1044px) Image search: [Google]
723832872320.jpg
336KB, 1600x1044px
>>14512728
GMK did happen. Godzilla was brought back to life by the dead and all. And King Ghidorah underwent an interesting change as well. Not everyone was happy about it. But it happened.

And who knows at this point. The rumors might all be lies. But I don't think Toho hired Anno without expecting him to want to do something unique. I'm waiting for an explanation of the tagline: Reality (Japan) vs Fiction (Godzilla).
>>
>>14512720
He was still a dinosaur mutated from the bomb though, just with too many headmates.
>>
>>14512766
Oh snap, what if this is one of those, "this series of movies has come to life" stories?
>>
>>14512779
Not even yongary would settle for that bullshit.
>>
>>14512779
Wouldn't that basically be what the Goosebumps movie did (although that movie involved novels)?
>>
>>14512767
>>14512766
He's stilla fucking nuclear dinosaur.
>>
File: 9054940454.jpg (598KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
9054940454.jpg
598KB, 960x1280px
>>14512795
Resurgence is supposedly going to address the Fukushima Accident along with other subjects. So I'm expecting radiation to tie into the origin somehow. And he still looks pretty reptilian.
>>
>>14512079
>>14512162
I need more motivational Godzilla in my life
>>
File: 8239838283921.jpg (796KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
8239838283921.jpg
796KB, 1280x1707px
Really makes you think...

>>14512906
No. And that's if we get a second.
>>
>>14512917
we're getting another one, ToHo Green lit it.
>>
>>14512875
Pitz vs. Beargguy for /c/ /m/eme crossover dominance
>>
>>14512933
Gareth Edwards dropped out and they haven't lined up a replacement and it's been pushed back. It seems like the future for a Godzilla/Kong universe rest on Skull Island
>>
>>14512933
Yes. There is officially a trilogy in the works. However, if Skull Island tanks I don't we'll be seeing it. Sony's Godzilla sequel had an eerily similar history, its director dropped out and the film kept getting pushed back until it was canceled/rights expired. We'll see.
>>
>>14512955
At least we got Godzilla The Series out of it.
>>
File: Godzilla_1962_(2).jpg (14KB, 200x301px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla_1962_(2).jpg
14KB, 200x301px
>>14512815

Well he has to take after best Goji.
>>
I heard a rumor that Toho claims this will be the strongest Godzilla yet. Has anyone heard anything similar, or is that just bullshit?
>>
>>14512968
I think people oversell Godzilla: The Series because it's the best thing to come out of Godzilla '98, rather than because it's actually good. Like, Godzilla finally breathes fire and fights other monsters, and because that's what people said they wanted from '98 they felt like they shouldn't criticize a show that delivered it.

But really, every character was insufferable, especially that stupid robot, and none of Godzilla's opponents are particularly interesting or memorable. At the end of the day it's a pretty typical 90's cartoon with a license strapped to it, and 90's cartoons were not a good time for action cartoons.
>>
>>14512979
You're probably new at this whole "movies" experience, but that's just a thing production companies say.
>THIS SUMMER!
>EXPERIENCE GHOSTBUSTERS LIKE NEVER BEFORE!
>YOU'LL LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF AT THE FUNNIEST FILM OF THE DECADE!
>WITH THE BIGGEST, SCARIEST GHOSTS TO HAVE HIT THE BIG SCREEN!
etc.
>>
File: 1463594502914.jpg (257KB, 534x700px) Image search: [Google]
1463594502914.jpg
257KB, 534x700px
>>14513002
I can only remember the dream monster from the coma guy, and the weird looking aliens.

It doesn't help that everything that studio drew looked like ass.
>>
>>14513002
I never heard of anyone enjoying it until that prior post.
>>
>>14513011
>hating Men in Black TAS
>>
>>14513008
Flaccid response, cannot read, -2 points.

Toho doesn't have a history of adverting each Godzilla as superior to the last, not even during final wars hype.
>>
>>14513019
that's because Meltdown can beat FW Goji in a fight, TK FMs can be educational
>>
>>14513028
Meltdown beats everyone not named Gamera or Ultraman.
>>
>>14513028
>>14513035
what are they basing meltdown's power level on?

if it's some shitty vidya, it doesn't mean anything.
>>
File: goji.jpg (85KB, 540x229px) Image search: [Google]
goji.jpg
85KB, 540x229px
>>14512558
>>14512575
>>
>>14512815
>Tadpole form
>reptilian.
>>
>>14512979
Said the same with GFW Godzilla and GMK Godzilla.
>>
>>14513088
One of those actually is stronger than average though.
>>
>>14513017
>>14513002

Strange, I've barely seen anyone saying they didn't like it. Felt like I was the odd one out because even as a kid I found it kinda dull. I've rewatched most of it since, and I can see why others love it, but it still doesn't click with me, and this has nothing to do with Godzilla's design or anything like that.

Fucking Nigel, though, I love him.
>>
File: 5465567790976424242.jpg (147KB, 858x1199px) Image search: [Google]
5465567790976424242.jpg
147KB, 858x1199px
>>14513066
> Mothra attacking Godzilla post-Ghidrah
Why? The two were on friendly terms by that point. Yeah, they have brief battle in Sea Monster. But Mothra clearly didn't want to fight.

I think Godzilla was paranoid and ready to attack anything. Can't blame him after having to defend himself from unprovoked assaults by the red bamboo, giant eagle, and a jumbo shrimp. Or he just wanted a good battle for old times sake.

>>14513080
Everything we've seen up to this point unmistakably looks like Godzilla.
>>
>>14513122
autism
>>
>>14513131
test
>>
>>14512558
I always felt that design is underappreciated. People say it's generic, that the musculature is too undefined, the neck's too long or that the head looks too froglike.

I feel that it's a good representation of mid-late Showa Godzilla, and the design works far better than the goofy and overly friendly looking one they made for Megalon.
>>
>>14513122

>That 1962

How popular is that design in Japan?
>>
>>14513122
It's just fan art mate, don't worry about it.
>>
File: Gsuit2001.jpg (36KB, 375x258px) Image search: [Google]
Gsuit2001.jpg
36KB, 375x258px
>>14513139

Out of all the later showa designs, that one's my favorite. It looks heroic and cartoon-y without overdoing it.

My fave is pictured. There's something really almost archetypal about it. It looks like something that crawled out of a myth.

Runner up is biogoji and shingoji
>>
File: 1468711550380.jpg (853KB, 2048x1213px) Image search: [Google]
1468711550380.jpg
853KB, 2048x1213px
>>14513139
>the design works far better than the goofy and overly friendly looking one they made for Megalon.

those two designs are literally the same, did you not get the memo?
>>
>>14513002
>C-rex
>The Chameleon
>Cyber-Godzilla
>Rhinosaurus
>El Gusano

They just wanted to bury it, but I think they should just embrace Zilla and give him a "alternate universe "treatment like they did all the time in comics
>>
>>14513206
>all the time

literally one time, in a limited series, you mean

all those names are cringe af, btw
>>
>>14512533
Either KingGoji or the original
>>
>>14513226
Your posts are cringe af, go back to TK
>>
>>14513169
Glad to see Zilla getting some recognition around here though I bet this is because of Goji2014
>>
>>14513229
>posts pic that is neither KingGoji nor the original
>>
File: 1451882951580.jpg (62KB, 485x800px) Image search: [Google]
1451882951580.jpg
62KB, 485x800px
>>14513169
Zilla looks incredibly out of place here, he/she/it has a body shape more fitting of a Xenomorph.

I will always find it amusing that Legendary Godzilla is the fattest. I wonder if they'll redesign Mothra/Rodan in the same way.
>>
>>14513316
How does a bug get fat?
>>
File: ts-shogoz-hina_101.jpg (25KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
ts-shogoz-hina_101.jpg
25KB, 500x385px
>>14513287
>posts nothing relevant to the thread at all
>>
>>14513316
You look like a Xenomorph
>>
File: bb021020074429b5191ea43771bc2d11.jpg (566KB, 900x1237px) Image search: [Google]
bb021020074429b5191ea43771bc2d11.jpg
566KB, 900x1237px
>>14513328
Good question.

>>14513376
Thanks I guess.
>>
>>14513385

This picture makes me feel uncomfortable. Sexually.
>>
File: 1464834520605.jpg (136KB, 938x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1464834520605.jpg
136KB, 938x1280px
>>14513385
Actually, what would you lot want to see from Mothra, solo movie or otherwise?
Were the Rebirth movies any good, or should I skip them?
>>
File: Behind the scenes.jpg (76KB, 475x700px) Image search: [Google]
Behind the scenes.jpg
76KB, 475x700px
There's a Japanese man in this photo. Can you find him.
>>
File: 1468893446859.jpg (27KB, 209x238px) Image search: [Google]
1468893446859.jpg
27KB, 209x238px
>>14513434
Yeah I see this slant-eyed fuck staring me down.
>>
File: slant.jpg (14KB, 187x161px) Image search: [Google]
slant.jpg
14KB, 187x161px
>>14513434

Can't fool me
>>
File: godzilla_hb_1978.jpg (27KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla_hb_1978.jpg
27KB, 600x400px
HAY GUYZ
>>
File: Godzilla and Zilla friends.jpg (160KB, 1024x675px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla and Zilla friends.jpg
160KB, 1024x675px
>>14513608
>>
>>14513626
Zilla would make a decent sidekick monster
>>
>>14513657
I reckon he would fit in well with other more animalistic "underdog" monsters, like Varan.

Maybe even Maguma.
>>
I want to pick up a good Mothra figure, but I can't decide which one to go with. Do you guys have and recommendations?
>>
>>14513676
The Bandai Creations Rainbow Mothra is pretty decent
>>
File: Godzilla-vs-SpaceGodzilla-3.jpg (188KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla-vs-SpaceGodzilla-3.jpg
188KB, 900x596px
He looks kinda handsome in this shot.
>>
File: photogenic.jpg (26KB, 466x275px) Image search: [Google]
photogenic.jpg
26KB, 466x275px
>>14513702

Or maybe he's just photogenic, I dunno.
>>
>>14513707
He's part Crystal part Godzilla, of COURSE he's handsome.
>>
>>14513685
Bandai America

>>14513676
MonsterArts desu. Revoltech is good, too. Some of the vinyls are nice, but your mileage may vary.
>>
File: Cnsno7iUkAAeNxC.jpg (275KB, 843x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cnsno7iUkAAeNxC.jpg
275KB, 843x1200px
>>
>>14513769

Fantastic, I love it.
>>
File: 3bf.jpg (221KB, 1028x688px) Image search: [Google]
3bf.jpg
221KB, 1028x688px
>>14513702
>Alright you two, this will be the last take for the makeout scene so I want you to REALLY get into it.
>Godzilla I expect you to use more tongue.
>>
>>14513685
>>14513766
Are there any good minis as well?
>>
File: i3.kym-cdn.com 78f.jpg (51KB, 492x362px) Image search: [Google]
i3.kym-cdn.com 78f.jpg
51KB, 492x362px
>>14513787
>>
>>14513702
>>14513787
>>14513834
Stop being sexually attracted to giant monsters.
>>
>>14513608
AND GODZOOOOOKY
>>
File: Untitled.png (282KB, 1277x534px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
282KB, 1277x534px
aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M89VLZgo1Vg
>>
File: Shin Godzilla summer.jpg (324KB, 2048x1408px) Image search: [Google]
Shin Godzilla summer.jpg
324KB, 2048x1408px
>>14514220
IT'S HAPPENING
>>
File: I LOVE BEING PURPLE.png (348KB, 940x392px) Image search: [Google]
I LOVE BEING PURPLE.png
348KB, 940x392px
>>14514220
HOLY FUUUUUUCK
>>
File: grape.jpg (112KB, 1281x536px) Image search: [Google]
grape.jpg
112KB, 1281x536px
>>14514220
>it was true all along
>>
File: 1468307842562.gif (39KB, 87x117px) Image search: [Google]
1468307842562.gif
39KB, 87x117px
>>14514220
>THAT SOUNDTRACK

MUH DIIIIIIIICK

RELEASE IT
RELEASE IT NOW!
>>
>>14514220

THAT'S A WIDE MOUTH
>>
>>14514220
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
>>
>>14514220
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>14514220
MUH DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
File: 1467912155329.gif (1MB, 320x165px) Image search: [Google]
1467912155329.gif
1MB, 320x165px
>>14514220
Toho. I'm sold. Let's do this.
>>
File: this thread.gif (2MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.gif
2MB, 700x394px
>>14514220
>>
>>14512226
That's because shin goji is actually coming out.
>>
>>14514220
Alright,
Neat effects and camera work. Static as fuck Godzilla, though.
>>
File: tumblr_o9snydqIOY1qgckmbo7_250.gif (897KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9snydqIOY1qgckmbo7_250.gif
897KB, 250x188px
>>14514240
>>14514242

>beam is normally blue
>shin-goji's flesh is red
>together makes purple
>>
File: rememberme.jpg (187KB, 870x1229px) Image search: [Google]
rememberme.jpg
187KB, 870x1229px
>>14514330
Maybe it's supposed to be similar to this? Think about it, anon.
>>
>>14514330
Each new shot has him moving just a bit more. He'll probably be more active in the actual movie. I am curious about the twitching thing though.
>>
File: that is to say I got a boner.png (367KB, 848x459px) Image search: [Google]
that is to say I got a boner.png
367KB, 848x459px
>>14514220
>>
http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/A0005055

The first japanese review is out. It says the movie is a masterpiece__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>>
>>14514352
Yeah, no. Don't even.

He was way more animated in his first film, hell, even comparing trailers he's less static then Shin is.
>>
>>14514242
Norm England on suicide watch
>>
File: gw.jpg (646KB, 1296x1728px) Image search: [Google]
gw.jpg
646KB, 1296x1728px
>>14513316
>>
File: Wheely Feeling It.jpg (102KB, 590x295px) Image search: [Google]
Wheely Feeling It.jpg
102KB, 590x295px
Does anybody know a reliable way to watch the shin chan episode when it comes out?
>>
>>14514240
>>14514242
JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>14513002
>>14513011
>the anons with no taste
>>
>>14514667
I've rewatched some of the early episodes a couple years ago, it's really mediocre.
>>
>>14514685
it's really bad that the BOFA made movies are never going to be released overseas
>>
>>14512197
>>14512197
>>14512197
>>14512197
norman england go commit seppuku you retarded cuck
>>
>>14514220
I'm the anon who saw the new trailer in cinemas. Just want to say that this ISN'T the cinema trailer which is longer and has dialogue, plus a longer purple glow scene.

The stuff with him in the city at night wasn't in the cinema trailer though (cinema one has less Godzilla, more humans).
>>
Oricon review of the movie is up.
http://www.oricon.co.jp/special/49146/
>>
>>14514719
>>14512197
Wait, didn't the people on TK bully one of their members into committing suicide because he said he saw the purple glow in a Japanese cinema, and they called him a liar because of Norman England's post?
>>
File: 1468913895711.jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468913895711.jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: gamera1.jpg (12KB, 284x262px) Image search: [Google]
gamera1.jpg
12KB, 284x262px
>>14514240
>>14514242

Still looks like shit.
>>
>>14514795
shut up kenny
>>
>>14514330
To be fair, none of the shots so far have him interacting with anything. He's just wading through ankle high buildings and getting shot at
>>
File: 1468922715232.jpg (467KB, 2048x1182px) Image search: [Google]
1468922715232.jpg
467KB, 2048x1182px
>>
>>14512215
I'm honestly not convinced this movie is going to be "too different", aesthetic aside. It's actually looking pretty run of the mill with all the military scenes and Godzilla shots.
>>
>>14514842
Hey butterfingers, you're going to drop my hotdog! Godzilla that's the last time I send you for concessions.
>>
>>14514220
People are already complaining that this movie has too much people sitting in business meetings I guess.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 685x960px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 685x960px
>>
File: x5scD1x.jpg (59KB, 541x304px) Image search: [Google]
x5scD1x.jpg
59KB, 541x304px
>Power goes out.
>New Trailer.
>Purple Breath.
>Hype.

Lordy
>>
File: thJTH65BME.jpg (13KB, 252x300px) Image search: [Google]
thJTH65BME.jpg
13KB, 252x300px
>>14514795
GO AWAY GAMERA, YOU'RE NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
>>
File: 1465696693110.jpg (49KB, 433x558px) Image search: [Google]
1465696693110.jpg
49KB, 433x558px
>see more of Godzilla in two trailers than in the entirety of 2014
>>
>>14515140
Not really, most of these trailers are just the same scene
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1283x610px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1283x610px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvJhZFUnEV8
>>
>>14515180
What's wrong with Anno's hair
>>
File: Untitled.png (149KB, 325x497px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
149KB, 325x497px
>>14515197
>look at the top of his head!!
>>
>>14515180
>Today on Nippon weather forecast . We have chance of cloudy and a fucking Gojira .
>>
File: imgur.com sceVeQm.jpg (255KB, 1920x810px) Image search: [Google]
imgur.com sceVeQm.jpg
255KB, 1920x810px
>>14515180

What's he thinking about /m/?
>>
>>14515294
How he has to regain weight again for his next American outing.
>>
>>14515294
>GOTTA GET TO WORK
>>
>>14514733
>>14514380
So what are they saying?
>>
File: tumblr_oaer52jXNE1s2jfn0o2_1280.jpg (154KB, 1200x570px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaer52jXNE1s2jfn0o2_1280.jpg
154KB, 1200x570px
>>14515294
"Japan, you're so going down!"

And is Godzilla supposed to be like an Angel? Is he terraforming the planet and repopulating it with his own kind produced through replication (rumor about the tail becoming its own thing)? And didn't August Ragone debunk the multiple form thing?
>>
File: 1468882827831.jpg (832KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1468882827831.jpg
832KB, 960x1280px
>>14512815
This cheeky wee fuck
>>
File: 2.jpg (99KB, 548x226px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
99KB, 548x226px
>>14515378

>tfw Godzilla has dementia and is just wandering about confused and blind
>>
>>14515386
>PLEASE, I JUST WANT TO GET BACK TO MONSTER ISLAND
>>
>>14515294
I'm so fucked up.
>>
File: 1452026174904.png (640KB, 629x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452026174904.png
640KB, 629x960px
>>14515398
>>
>>14515294

>Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>14515378
>didn't August Ragone debunk the multiple form thing?

I've heard people claim that as well, but I haven't seen anything of the sort on Ragone's blog.
People lied about Bob Eggleton saying Godzilla fires his ray out of his tail, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's autists using big name fans as a way to push their stupid ideas.
>>
File: sasuga.png (332KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
sasuga.png
332KB, 624x480px
>>14515407
>>
>>14515415
There is this:

http://www.scified.com/topic/41699
>>
>>14515180

>standing right behind lead heroine in red

SATOMI LOOK OUT

BEHIND YOU
>>
>>14515294
"I'm never eating Rodan's chili again."
>>
>>14515423
Then what about the monster A&B listing on the toys Bandai is producing? Is Godzilla supposed to decompose into a shambling heap at the end, and someone at bandai honestly thought children would want to play with that?
>>
>>14515439

What, you don't want to re-enact incestuous kaijutumor masturbation at work in the men's room stall?
>>
>>14515439
Someone offered up the possibility that Godzilla's tail is initially mistaken as an entirely different monster. Still, you're right. Kaiju A and B have no explanation. Unless they are other monsters in the film or unrelated to Resurgence.
>>
>>14515440
Damn it, I already posted the shinjibate pic...

Godzilla is supposed to be powerful though, and Anno has too much respect for the series to turn him into a tumor. He doesn't seem particularly bothered by the missiles to his face this time around.
>>
>>14515439
Purple glow version
Deluxe version

Coming soon: Limited edition clear purple version and glow in the dark version
>>
>>14512197
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>14515511
Maybe, but if that was the case they'd just say they were releasing variants of the same mold. That wouldn't spoil anything in the movie either since bandai has done crazy ass recolors in the past.
>>
>>14515531
>That wouldn't spoil anything in the movie either
It's entirely possible that the purple glow thing was a spoiler.

Or maybe he powers up into a blue or red glow and one of them is a blue/red glow version and that's a spoiler too.
>>
>>14515535
We'll just have to wait and see; I never thought I'd see a super cyan, but look what toei did.
Pallet swaps should be limited to RPGs, but at least this purple glow give him a little more menace.
>>
>>14515547
YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH UNICORN GUNDAM, NIGGER?
>>
>>14512197
Technically there was no beam
>>
>>14515561

Not him, but I do!
>>
>>14515567
His post was in response to all the reports of the purple glow, and was deliberately misleading because he refused to clarify anything when pressed about the glow/beam thing.
>>
>>14515567
>>14515605
Just how much backpedaling can we expect from this guy?

Just what else is a purple glow on his spines and in his tongue-less mouth supposed to imply?
>>
>>14515547
>super cyan
You know, I can't help but wonder if this name wasn't the actual inspiration for that form. Toriyama loves puns, and 'saiyan' and 'cyan' are pronounced the same.
>>
>>14515684
>'saiyan' and 'cyan' are pronounced the same
uh no, they aren't.
>>
File: tumblr_nz9h0r5m3B1uo248ro1_1280.jpg (493KB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz9h0r5m3B1uo248ro1_1280.jpg
493KB, 1280x959px
>>14515684
I'll bet my bottom dollar you're right. The real question for me is how vegeta got that form when he needed a fucking wizard to hold his hand in order to reach ss2.

More to the topic at hand, does anyone have artwork of the other monsters drawn in Shin style, aside from pic related?
>>
>>14515684
サイヤジン and シアン

you're retarded
>>
>>14515719
but larval mothra was always beady eyed
>>
>>14515636
His twitter and facebook seem to be in lockdown, he's not replying to anything or posting anything at all.
>>
File: shingigan.png (12KB, 364x368px) Image search: [Google]
shingigan.png
12KB, 364x368px
>>14515719
I made this for an older thread. It doesn't have the rugged skin look, though, because we were only talking about the beady eye.
>>
File: What.gif (3MB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
What.gif
3MB, 220x212px
>>14515840
>>
File: image.png (126KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
126KB, 750x1334px
>>14511097

I used to go to TK when I was 13, and 12 years later they're still as autistic and useless as ever.
>>
>>14510861
cuz its the same guy muh nigga
>>
>>14515386
That is actually the feel I got watching the trailer
>>
Why is Raids Again Godzilla so creepy? Those human-like eyes make me uncomfortable.
>>
>>14515881

I'm glad you're like me, anon. Really looking forward to finding out more about him and his behavior.
>>
So is there a date for North America yet because I'm suddenly exceedingly hype
>>
>>14515439
That's certainly what it seems like.
Considering how long and active Godzilla's tail is, I think we'll see parts of it decay and be tossed off as Godzilla falls apart further.

This movies gonna get nasty. I'm excited.
>>
>>14515378
Godzilla looks so fucking mad in this picture
>>
>>14515929

Indeed. Though he doesn't look to be defending himself. Can't help but wonder what prompted him to use his atomic breath.

Maybe a weapon was able to finally pierce his skin? It's probably sensitive under there.
>>
>>14515636

The asshole who screen-capped him fucked up.
>>
>>14515985
Could be that they wanted to make him look like an idiot.
>>
>>14515985
Couldn't England have easily cleared that up?
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 620x1134px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 620x1134px
>post yfw violet spiral ray
>>
>>14516010

He doesn't give a shit. He was pitchforked 10 years ago for saying GFW was a mess, and never looked back.
>>
File: [cosmic sweating intensifies].png (153KB, 317x403px) Image search: [Google]
[cosmic sweating intensifies].png
153KB, 317x403px
>>14516011
>>
File: kek.gif (880KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
880KB, 480x368px
>>14516011
>>
>>14516019
> He was right about FW

Has he said anything about the quality of Shin Gojira?
>>
>>14516026
Far as I know, No.
>>
>>14516026

He said Toho was unhappy and wanted reshoots, but that's it. The two reviews for the film have been good so far.
>>
>>14516042
I heard rumors about reshoots. Something about Toho not liking the human stuff. Jim Ballard said it was dull in the script. But I don't think a source was ever confirmed. So it was England? And good if it was fixed.
>>
>>14516060
The Japanese reviews say that most of the movie is suits having meetings about how to handle Godzilla. Ballard probably just couldn't follow the Japanese and is going "wahhhhhh what's all this gook talking i wants muh explosions". Fucker should go back to his Bayformers.
>>
>>14516064
> The Japanese reviews say that most of the movie is suits having meetings about how to handle Godzilla.

Seems like that might limit perspective. But then again, 12 Angry Men pulled off something similar. Have the characters debating and compromising as they struggle to deal with Godzilla. Allegedly Ballard doesn't think too highly of Neon Genesis Evangelion either. So maybe I can trust that Anno delivered on the character department.
>>
>>14516096
>12 Angry Men but the defendant is Godzilla

I think you just came up with the best movie ever.
>>
File: 1467472152185.jpg (91KB, 537x402px) Image search: [Google]
1467472152185.jpg
91KB, 537x402px
>In this Thread
>We discuss what type of new monsters we would like to see in a future movie.
>>
File: 1406115630803.jpg (24KB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
1406115630803.jpg
24KB, 640x272px
>>14516221
>>
>>14515103
What kaiju is that?
>>
>>14516255
It's Concept art of Destroyah.
>>
How much tokusatsu the new movie is?
>>
>>14516064

Lol, Ballard has lived in Japan for over a decade now. He said the script was boring as fuck. The film version of those events could be more interesting.
>>
>>14516301

They have a giant prop which they said wouldn't be in the movie, but is clearly the first shot of the new trailer, otherwise Godzilla is CGI.

As far as I know, they actually are using miniature buildings though.
>>
File: 84377498432.jpg (99KB, 640x492px) Image search: [Google]
84377498432.jpg
99KB, 640x492px
>>14516301
No one is sure. Originally the special effects were supposed to be combination of various techniques. Later, supposedly around the time the images of the prop leaked, much of the practical effects were scrapped. Rumors suggest the prop didn't work as intended.

Since April, Toho has been consistently claiming that Godzilla is fully CGI. More recently, Shinji Higuchi reaffirmed that Godzilla is mainly brought to life with digital effects. But we should expect miniatures and there are select scenes where Godzilla is practical.
>>
>>14515865
Everyone of you stupid cucks that keeps bringing this bullshit here needs end your life immediately.
>>
>>14515439
What if they're like the Sea Lice from Godzilla 1985? Odd creatures that have mutated from close proximity to Godzilla
>>
>>14516328
>lived in japan over a decade
>yet can't understand it enough to understand a movie
I'm sorry, were you trying to defend him?
>>
File: 1446739236547.jpg (31KB, 327x374px) Image search: [Google]
1446739236547.jpg
31KB, 327x374px
>About a week until it goes out
>Longer for subtitles
>Even longer for a copy that doesn't look like ass
>Forever for an actual boxed copy in the west
just kill me now
>>
>>14516512
Nah this definitely looks worth living (and waiting) for

Go rewatch the old ones to kill time or something, I don't even know
>>
File: 58773893422.gif (280KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
58773893422.gif
280KB, 500x420px
>>14516512
You went ten years without a Godzilla film, anon. Hang on just a little while longer. If necessary take your mind completely off of it until it's available.
>>
File: sad.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
sad.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>14516519
>>14516538

>tfw there are some people who died who never got to see this movie
>>
>>14516546
There are some people who died before they got to see Guts get off the boat.
>>
File: 1468950750078.jpg (292KB, 3129x871px) Image search: [Google]
1468950750078.jpg
292KB, 3129x871px
Be honest. How do they compare?
>>
>>14516632

Man, if G14 slapped ShinGoji in the face, there's not much he could do about it except take it .
>>
>>14516632
Legendary is more of a blob, Resurgence looks more like normal Godzilla despite his horrible scars.

But really they're trying to accomplish different things, one to appeal to Americans, the other a new take on Godzilla in terms of a zombie.

I'd say Legendary is slightly generic though, nothing pops about his design.
>>
File: CnweHIBUsAAWv4p.jpg (198KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
CnweHIBUsAAWv4p.jpg
198KB, 1200x900px
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160719-00000126-sph-ent
>>
File: file.png (322KB, 300x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
322KB, 300x600px
>>14516684
I don't know what this means but this ad is hilarious
>>
>>14516693
It means the film is coming to America
>>
File: Grasses_On.png (603KB, 596x600px) Image search: [Google]
Grasses_On.png
603KB, 596x600px
>>14516563
And that's the real tragedy.
>>
>>14516676
If Burgerzilla raises his arm that high to reach he's going to have an M.I. anon.
>>
>>14516676
>>14516682

What about the quality of special effects?
>>
>>14516723
If Shin is on screen for more than 12 minutes he wins by default.
>>
>>14516711
WHERE

WHEN
>>
>>14516733
He's making a joke that the overweight person was an indication of Americans

It's not, I reiterate it was a joke.
>>
>>14516684
Why is burning goji on the newspaper? Is it a timeline?
>>
>>14516723
Resurgence Godzilla looks great, those night shots where he's glowing red are fantastic, and I personally feel the mixture of practical effects and CGI works really well.

Let's be honest though, in every other department Murricazilla beats it simply because of how stacked Hollywood is. Look at those Helicopters, straight out of a PS2.
>>
>>14516755
Where the hell do I get a ps2 that looks that good?
>>
>>14516755
G14 also has some nice non-monster effects shots as well.
>>
>>14516740
Look at the map.
>>
>>14516563
>>14516712
>It was too late for them.
>>
>>14516806
It's a map of the world with Greenland conspicuously absent?
>>
File: returnofgodzillablu06.jpg (1MB, 2147x1350px) Image search: [Google]
returnofgodzillablu06.jpg
1MB, 2147x1350px
Oh boy, what miscellaneous extras can we look forward to?
>>
>>14516869
Expect a trailer and nothing more.
>>
File: 323226648952388.png (484KB, 901x479px) Image search: [Google]
323226648952388.png
484KB, 901x479px
>>14516785
Oh come now, anon, these look like they belong in a Pre-rendered cinematic for a PS2 game, or a really early 360/PS3 game.
>>
>>14516632
Legendary's face looks too human at times.

Too early to tell for Shin but he looks a bit more like a Gamera monster than Godzilla.
>>
>>14516906
The helicopters are real, genius. Higuchi mentioned on Twitter and in interviews that all the ASDF air shots are real.
>>
>>14516926
Then I must have really poor eyesight because the only thing that looks real out of all of them is a very brief shot.
>>
>>14516902
Isn't AD--er, Section23 supposed to be fuckhuge though? Surely they can shell out the shekels for some real features.
>>
>>14516684
I take it the colored areas supposedly get the movie, yellow ones don't (or they're still in talks)? Or are my map reading skills failing me?
>>
>>14516967
They've been mentioning a US release recently, so no idea of if it's going to be a "Limited Run" or only in certain areas(Cali, New York, etc).

Personally I hope it's in all IMAX theaters.
>>
>>14516684
>23 North American Showings.

Place your bets now.
>>
File: ShinGojiraconferencemeeting.jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ShinGojiraconferencemeeting.jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
I really like this shot for some reason.
It's like they're feeling guilty about something.
>>
>>14517087
>Response time during Fukushima.
>Sending countless people into a death Zone during Fukushima
>Fukushima caused all this.
>>
File: 69HEzPe.jpg (389KB, 1920x820px) Image search: [Google]
69HEzPe.jpg
389KB, 1920x820px
>>
File: 67lFzUr.jpg (458KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
67lFzUr.jpg
458KB, 2560x1440px
>>14517289
>>
>>14517297
>>14517289
>Night/Day
>Yin/Yang

Bravo, Anno.
>>
File: Popeye+Sinbad+(7).jpg (35KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Popeye+Sinbad+(7).jpg
35KB, 400x300px
http://www.scified.com/news/north-america-announced-as-one-of-100-territories-distributing-godzilla-resurgence
>>
>>14517445
When
>>
>>14517445
>Toho's Greatest Global Distribution of All Time
Godzilla 2000 played in here back in the day so colour me pumped
>>
>>14517445

C'mon NYC! I'll pay for anons to come watch it here.
>>
File: 146665143091.jpg (43KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
146665143091.jpg
43KB, 600x706px
>>14517445
FUCK
I JUST KNOW IT'S NOT GONNA RELEASE NEAR ME

I CAN FEEL IT
>>
>>14517542
>>14517542
>>14517542

Fresh Bread.
>>
File: 1468599676432.png (342KB, 720x634px) Image search: [Google]
1468599676432.png
342KB, 720x634px
>>14516563
At least they didn't live to see this abortion.
>>
>>14516248
She'd have to be updated for the heavy otaku-centric crowd. Loligon.
>>
>>14514842
>Shin Hotto Doggu
>the long-ass wiener has whale bones inside
Thread posts: 399
Thread images: 119

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.