[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is he so BORING. Why is this whole show so fucking lame.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: Mikazuki_Augus.png (114KB, 831x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Mikazuki_Augus.png
114KB, 831x1200px
Why the fuck is he so BORING. Why is this whole show so fucking lame.
>>
>>14509279
Because the show wants Tekkadan to come across as likable, so they have to move the focus away from Mikarzuki and the nature of their actions.
>>
File: 148064207530.jpg (74KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
148064207530.jpg
74KB, 960x720px
And like clockwork after a G-Reco shitposting thread there is a IBO one.

Stay classy /m/.
>>
>>14509325
Everybody generally agrees that IBO sucks so it's not like there's going to be many arguments.
>>
While Murderzuki might not be the best protagonist, I'm not sure I'd accept calling him boring. He's flat and purpose-driven, but the guy has a deep-seated blood-lust as a central part of his character. He's also a follower that insists on being able to follow - his little peptalk with Orga is one of the most grimdark things I've ever seen. Full stop.

As for why the show is lame, that's shit pacing and a lack of a real story. There's no clear goal or villain and it's not clear what getting Kudelia to Earth will do. If anything. I mean, her sponsors, Gordon and McMurder, vacillate between trying to get her killed and helping her, and I guess the bad guy was Iznario the whole time, but he was as flat as a character could be. That being said, to improve IBO S1, you would either need to add episodes or take them away. There's at least six episodes of dead content in the season.
>>
>>14509355
>- his little peptalk with Orga is one of the most grimdark things I've ever seen
Care to post a summary of the peptalk? I've not watched IBO and honestly don't want to. Full stop.
>>
>>14509355
I'd go as far to say at least 10 episodes could be cut out and the characters need actual development.

Kudelia needs to just fucking go or have some radical changes. She's one of the worst anime characters I've seen and made me drop the anime.
>>
>>14509386
https://youtu.be/8WVoQyBu-cU?t=18m56s

Just watch the scene. Make sure to wait until Orga then gives his peptalk to the rest of his child-soldier army and whips them up into a murderous frenzy.
>>
>>14509346
>Everybody
Nope
>>
File: 1427163938660.png (368KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1427163938660.png
368KB, 1280x720px
I liked the knights/chivalry motif of the series.
Mika being so underwritten and straightforward allowed the rest of the cast some focus, at least as much as 25 episodes would allow.

IBO isn't as bad as /m/ thinks it is.

As far as I'm concerned, going from swinging around giant ass maces to finally learning how to use the katana in the last episode is about all the character development a character like Mika needed.
>>
>>14509433
>going from swinging around giant ass maces to finally learning how to use the katana in the last episode
The mace is harder to use. It's not even close.
>>
>>14509444
It's not so much that one is harder than the other, but learning to use the sword properly was a cool way to symbolize Mika's growth as a warrior and into a proper knight/samurai.

it distinguishes him from all the club/mace/axe wielding that goes on in the show
>>
>>14509433
That motif is done better in series like Escaflowne, minus the edge.

I admit that Orga/Atra are actually good characters and they do get adequate focus. Just every other person is shit, utter shit.
>>
>>14509472
haven't seen Escaflowne but the way the show handled the chivalry theme was interesting.
G-Horn fancied themselves noble but were for the most part corrupt as fuck. Tekkadan, by contrast, was made up of kids whose loyalty began and ended with each other. You could say they were the true knights.

It's subverted even more when they join the mafia, another kind of fealty. Orga's a toughguy just taking care of his boys, but when he joins the mob he essentially finds himself in the shoes of the kids he's a mentor to.
>>
>>14509325
I wasn't shitposting. I am watching it at the moment because I wanted to give a chance. Your pic on the other hand reminds me of the great time I had with ZZ.
>>
>>14509468
>proper knight/samurai.

What show were you watching? Knights and Samurai are heavily associated with their codes of conduct, chivalry and bushido respectively. While yes, both of those were myths spread out to romanticize themselves, people still have the expectation that people with those titles follow those guidelines. Stuff like being honorable and protecting the weak

Mika launched an attack on opponents requesting an honorable duel and killed most of them before they could respond. Mika pushed Tekkadan down the revenge path. Hell, they're fucking calling him evil in Japan. Calling him either of those titles is bullshit. Tekkadan aren't knights defending honor and virtue, they're mercenaries only out for themselves.
>>
>>14509279
I can't fucking handle the boring ass crew that accompanies him. Maybe because it feels like i'm watching another modern anime on par with shit like akame.
>>
>>14509519
All for revenge.

No greater good.
No just cause.
>>
Because it's written by Mari Okada.
>>
>>14509525
I would've been more forgiving to it if it didn't have the Gundam named tacked-on it. But it does, and it sucks even when compared to SEED Destiny.
>>
>>14509519
> Mika launched an attack on opponents requesting an honorable duel and killed most of them before they could respond. Mika pushed Tekkadan down the revenge path.

Maybe from G-horn's pov. Mika is protecting the only family he's ever known and his loyalty to them informs his actions. Tactics aside, he follows a strict albiet personal code of honor. I thought Mika was a fine knight

haven't you /m/en ever heard of a byronic hero?
>>
>>14509535
We've already got confirmation that half her ideas were shot down and the series was barely written by her. It's too uneventful and dull to have the Okada touch.
>>
>>14509541
No one would really care about IBO if the Gundam name wasn't attached.
>>
>>14509505
The only really noble ones were Carta and her group, but that's because her defense force was a redundancy that never had to face any combat. Tekkadan was their first sortie. While Crank may've put on the duel shroud, that was more about what it would mean for Ein and the rest of his team.
>>
>>14509527
they address this in the episode where Carta gets her shit kicked in.

fealty, honor, chivalry; these values are all subjective.

for a child soldier, revenge and justice are interchangeable.
>>
>>14509550
See every other AU ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 280x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 280x640px
>>14509279
I hate how he looks!

>Scruffy-looking without one positive thing entailed with that
>Doesn't look heroic
>Oversized everything, like a kid wearing his father's work gear to "look like dad"
>nothing about him looks threatening

If you will look at Flit Asuno here... Well I just want you to look at him. Imo he looks a lot more likeable than Mika.
>>
Nigga he's a stone cold killing machine
Can't go around quoting macbeth and brave new world.
Fuck IBO
>>
>>14509399
planning on marathoning IBO soon; which episodes can i skip?
>>
File: Asuno.jpg (30KB, 317x549px) Image search: [Google]
Asuno.jpg
30KB, 317x549px
>>14509726

Especially when he gets older
>>
>>14509355
A blood lust that is utterly passionless and goes nowhere. Like I say in every thread, IBO would be ten times better if you replaced Mukazaki with M.D Geist. Because Geist at least gave a shit about his murdering. Mukazuki feels nothing, and stands for nothing. It's a good spring board for potential drama or development that goes nowhere.
>>
File: l_5784d7a780a69.jpg (45KB, 278x640px) Image search: [Google]
l_5784d7a780a69.jpg
45KB, 278x640px
>>14509279
It ok look how much he changes for second season… wait he hardly changed and is probable he will also behaves the same, really hope he actually gets some development
>>
>>14509854
you mean looks or personality?
>>
>>14509854
I hope his development leads to Orga having to put a slug in his head, either because Mika becomes a rabid dog or out of pity after the AV leaves him a vegetable.
>>
>>14509899
His dream of farming for vegetables is nothing compared BEING a vegetable.
>>
>>14509854

He'll get development if and when Orga commands it.
>>
>>14509399
5-22
>>
>MUH HANDS ARE DIRTY
>>
Literally coldsteel
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.