[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Endless Waltz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

So, I watched Wing for the first time last week, and it was pretty ok. I enjoyed it. I was waiting to watch Endless Waltz with friends, and holy fuck.

That was fucking bad.

Does anyone else feel differently? Discuss.
>>
>>14509001

I don't really remember it all that well. I do recall liking how it wrapped up Relena's character and the story by having her give up on total pacifism and inciting people to stand up for themselves instead of relying on the Gundams though. It's idiotic "and then there were no more mobile suits" ending was a bad idea, but that action on Relena's part wasn't. I recall liking the Serpents too, along with Tallgeese III and it blowing up an asteroid. The villain was dumb as was much of Heero and Wufei's involvement, including him getting emotional over the memory of a dead dog or something while they fought. It's an okay wrap up to a silly show I guess. Wing and it's use of drones and ruminations on pacifism and the place of soldiers or war in society could have made for a more interesting show than what we got though and is a waste of some good ideas to my mind.
>>
>>14509023
Dead girl, not dog. Your memory sucks.
>>
Yeah, Endless Waltz is terrible. Katoki's redesigns really do a disservice to the originals aside from Heavyarms and Deathscythe Hell. Tallgeese III is the most standout suit and I still don't like it too much compared to the other Tallgeeses.

It's just too short and the antagonists were poorly developed. The "Gundams were never seen again" at the end is just hilarious.
>>
>>14509083
>The "Gundams were never seen again" at the end is just hilarious.
I was sure it was something like they weren't to be seen again until they were truly needed
>>
>>14509001
did you watch the ova or the movie version.

The movie version actually has multiple fight scenes against the serpents. It's like 15 mins worth.
>>
>>14509054
I thought it was both
>>
I didn't like the angel wing gundam. too busy and didn't fit the series setting.
>>
>>14509001
EW just felt really pointless to me. It was just a retread of the same shit that Wing already explored except with a little girl as the main villain and redesigned Gundams.
>>
OP Here; I should say that I've been playing SRW Alpha Gaiden, which DOES the EW plot so much fucking better than the movie.
>>
I watched it as a kid and the plot was completely nonsensical. It sure was pretty though.
>>
>>14509291
"How many more times am I going to kill that girl and her dog" or something, right?
>>
>>14509267
not to mention it fills in some plotholes
>>
>>14509001
you're 100% right. the ending of the series was fine. wing is underrated also
>>
>>14509298
>I didn't like the angel wing gundam
That was one of the few goddamn highlights.
>>
>>14510014
That was the line, but the dead girl was never shown, just her hair bow/ribbon.

Also Gundam Wing as a whole just isn't very good. Awesome mecha designs and killer soundtrack, but the characters are mostly boring and the story moves at a snail's pace without being interesting.

Endless Waltz had the major flaw of not even having a very good duel between anyone. Altron vs WZ was pretty cool, but given that they were on the same side for the majority of the show it hardly felt like an ultimate fight, more just a little scuffle.
>>
>>14509083
>Katoki's redesigns really do a disservice to the originals aside from Heavyarms and Deathscythe Hell.

I don't understand how you can hate his Sandrock. If anything, it was ten times more effective as one of the five Gundams in Endless Waltz than it ever was in the show.

Altron may have been a stripped down version of what it was in the show, but at the same time it was less of a ridiculous clusterfuck. The tail cannon was a regrettable loss but the I'm glad the wings were axed completely
>>
>>14509715
>I watched it as a kid and the plot was completely nonsensical
Or you were just a kid and didn't understand it?
>>
File: 1433634533763.png (215KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1433634533763.png
215KB, 500x375px
>>14513703
>y-you just don't understand it!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.