[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam aborted projects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

When watching Gundam F91, all I can think of is what was the part that got cut out. It seems like the whole UC timeline have a lot of aborted projects and stuff, from the original 0079 story in which Amuro was supposed to die to the planned F91 show.

What is your opinion on this matter? The cut parts could have made the UC better?

Also, does anyone know where I could find information on the planned story for F91? Gundam wiki is a bit light on the matter.
>>
>>14508865

The original Gundam story wasn't going to have Amuro die. There's information on it floating around, from Mark Simmons translating an summary from one of the data books I think, and what we got was better. The original ending is much more generic and has Amuro killing Gihren for being the real cause of the war like a real superhero influenced story, instead of him just being a pawn in larger events like what we got.

I think it might have made Char's character better, since he realizes the futility of revenge given his focus on it helps Gihren achieve domination and I prefer his relationship with Amuro in Zeta over CCA as a denouement, since it's just two old rivals having to put aside their enmity and realizing that what happened was beyond their ability to help since it was a war and all - it feels like a more human, personal and fitting ending than CCA, but I'm in the minority on that I think. Regardless, whether the original ending would have prevented that or CCA is debatable, since Char can still go either way even if he does realize the futility of revenge if you hold his desire to help humanity as being as important to him as the duel with Amuro and that just being a side plate.

The Amuro dying thing was only in the novels or something if I recall, and was never in the cards for the show itself to my knowledge. The novels were written after the show too I think. Beyond Crossbone I don't think there's ever been any info on what a full F91 would have been, and it's pretty obvious Crossbone is some new ideas using old parts and not what F91 would have been.
>>
>>14508865
F91 was so good it's a shame Tomino let Crossbone happen
>>
>>14508900
>The novels were written after the show too I think.
I always thought that the novels were the "real Gundam" Tomino planned all along, without having to twist the story to include toy-propaganda to suit the needs of the sponsors, probably because I see Tomino as the real mind behind Gundam, maybe I am wrong about that since he probably wasn't the only one behind the creation of the franchise. Either way, the novel have an interesting approach of the OYW, maybe a lot more mature from what we had with the TV show, and I wonder what would've happened to the UC if the novel was canon.

>it feels like a more human, personal and fitting ending than CCA, but I'm in the minority on that I think
I always thought that Char from CCA came out of nowhere. In Zeta he pretty much follows what you said, putting aside enmity with Amuro to fight a "common ennemy", but in CCA it is implied that he planned a war with Londo Bell only to have a fight with Amuro, and it seems like he isn't over Lalah's death while in Zeta he was pretty much over all the bad things that happened during the OYW. It's kinda weird, I never understood what they tried to do with CCA, maybe put an end to the rivalry of Amuro and Char?

>>14508902
Is Crossbone that bad?
>>
>>14508961
>Is Crossbone that bad?
No, it's actually quite good. That's just a shitposter.
>>
>>14508961
Crossbone is the it's anything that isn't the original crossbone or steel seven that's men to bad.

Most people shit on it because of the art...which is admittedly shit.
>>
>>14508982

I don't think Crossbone is bad, but I don't think it's all that great either. It's a fun read, but I never found it more than that. I don't think it really fits the tone of UC all that much either, but then, I'm not fond of ZZ for much the same reason, so it's not like that's a real strike against it I suppose. I just don't find it that interesting as a story or character piece or memorable as a comedy at the end of the day. Xabungle is a great mech comedy, King Gainer is a good one - Crossbone is just kind of there. It has funny moments, but it never stands out as a comedy to me. G Gundam was a better comedy Gundam than it around the same time. Build Fighters too, though that came much later.
>>
not related to UC but damn I want my fully complete Gundam X
>>
>>14508982
No, it's actually so generic that it's boring to read with the lamest villains in Gundam. All the girls are loli-bait now too.
>>
>>14508961
>I always thought that Char from CCA came out of nowhere.

Watch ZZ and find out. It wasn't out of nowhere, what with the Federation letting Haman do what she wanted plus a colony drop on Dublin doesn't help either.
>>
>>14508961

CCA Char is Char after his attempt to do things "the right way" in Zeta failed. At that point in time he thought that maybe he could actually manage without Lalah. Then the AEUG failed, he decided that he really couldn't do it without Lalah, so decided to just lash out at Amuro and the world in hopes that someone else would pick up the pieces and do the real work for him after he demolished the current order, since he believed that he was incapable of doing anything constructive.

Also, there is no indication that either one of those two ever got over Lalah entirely. Char told Amuro that he returned to earth sphere because he couldn't feel Lalah "out there". And Amuro couldn't return to space in Zeta because of Lalah. It took Char being dangerous to get Amuro to return to space.
>>
>>14509365
>It took Char being dangerous to get Amuro to return to space.
Amuro had already returned to space as of mid-ZZ though. Was Char already cooking up stuff at the time that people would've known about it, yet Haman and Neo Zeon wouldn't?
>>
>Muh aristocratic ideals

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>14509365

> Amur never got over Lalah
> He has two new girlfriends in the meantime and appears to be trying to make a go of it at least with Chan

He definitely didn't get completely over her, but he was at least trying unlike Char. I'd be more of the mind that Lalah never got over Amuro or Char frankly, since her ghost was still haunting Amuro's dreams to talk about how pure Char is deep down in CCA. Not even death couldn't stop her stalking, crazy bitch.
>>
>>14509421
He couldn't handle being a space pirate.
>>
>>14509421
>that pic
If that's Zabine in Crossbone, I must say that I prefer his F91 face/haircut
>>
>>14509579
It's based on his Crossbone design, yeah.
>>
>>14509409
>Was Char already cooking up stuff at the time that people would've known about it, yet Haman and Neo Zeon wouldn't?
No. Char declared war in 0092, IIRC, which is what drew Amuro out.

Amuro during the events of ZZ presumably actually wanted to fight Neo Zeon's inarticulate madness.
>>
>>14508865
The most about F91's aborted story was mentioned in Crossbone, where Cecily would lead a civil war against her brother and grandfather, who take control after the events of the movie.
>>
>>14510337
I don't remember that at all. I don't think they actually went into that, besides maybe a few lines of dialogue.
>>
>>14508865
Was Frozen Teardrops a mistake, or is it how Gundam Wing should've turned out?
>>
>>14510337
Stop-stop-stop! That is, this redhead bitch destroyed the only sane alternative to the dominance of the Federation as well prosperous monarchical society based on the ideals of "Noblesse oblige!" because ... because ... This bald geek itch to write on the next delusional Gundam fanfic?!
>>
File: onlythebeginning.jpg (77KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
onlythebeginning.jpg
77KB, 1280x688px
>>14510337
The more I hear about F91, the more I think it could have been the perfect start for a new "timeline" (even if it's late UC). By the way, I haven't watched Victory Gundam, is it related to F91 in any way?

>THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING.
>>
According to Syd Mead there was some production talks of a Gundam movie coming stateside back in the late 80s

>6. Around 1983 you worked on an American film design project based on an anime property that was eventually aborted for legal reasons. The was a film for Lions Gate based on adapting the mobile suit Gundam mecha for domestic audience film style. Can you tell us more on this project? Did you ever complete your original designs for Gundam?

>No. I worked first on the ZAK character because for whatever reason, the director thought that would be more mechanically interesting as a demo. The character of GUNDAM was started after I drafted the ZAK character for computer vector plotting and modeling. (The computer being used at the time was a supercomputer CRAY.)

>Lion’s Gate had failed to get license approval from Sunrise! The Sunrise New York office sent a cease and desist court order and the project was shelved, never to be resurrected. My job was to first, draft the ZAK character for plot input, and then I started on ‘de-kabuki-izng’ the GUNDAM character for the American market. I finished the head first, and was starting on the body when the project was discontinued.

>>14508982
No, it isn't
>>
>>14513323
I really want to see what Syd Mead's RX-78 would look like.
>>
>>14513368
I want to see his ZAK more.
>>
>>14513300
Victory is just about Zanscare and Earth.

By the way, what the fuck happened to the feddies in victory?

Also why is Shakti brown when both her parents are white?

Also did i miss something with Katejina or did they do the whole cyber newtype shit on her?
>>
>>14508961
Crossbone isn't bad by any means, but I think it tends to get overrated here. It's pretty good and I'd recommend it though.
>>
>>14513586
m8 it's really bad
>>
>>14508961
Crossbone's fun.
>>
>>14513586
What would you say it has to offer other than action scenes?
>>
>>14508900

underappreciated 10/10 post
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.