[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Izubuchi prefers Zakus to Gendumbs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: feddies_BTFO.jpg (219KB, 922x685px) Image search: [Google]
feddies_BTFO.jpg
219KB, 922x685px
>Q: Is there any mecha that you made that you didn't wish was destroyed so quickly?

>Izubuchi: I'm sure my mecha are cooler and stronger than the main character's. But when it comes down to it, it's up to the bad guy to make the good guy look better. So they have to be tough. Off screen, of course the bad guy is going to walk all over the main characters.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention/2006/anime-expo/11

Zeeks>>>Feddies confirmed
>>
>>14506047
no, he prefers GMs

you do know the zakus were the main characters, right?
>>
How can anyone unironically claim to like Zeon?

They're blatantly evil. Their ideals are flawed and ultimately dumb. They lose ever war. They are just generic bad guys. I mean, sure, the robots are cool but you don't have to like Zeon to like the robutts.

I'm convinced that anyone who unironically likes Zeon is just a contrarian. Zeon is the underdog and they just want to root for the underdog. Other than that, they might be a neo-con white supremacist and we all know those people are mentally ill.
>>
>>14506137
>Other than that, they might be a neo-con white supremacist and we all know those people are mentally ill.
Nigga please it's neo-nationalists in Japan that root for Zeon because they're a stand in for Imperial Japan. Although any westerner thinking they're ideals and shit are in the right are probably neo-nazis.
>>
>>14506146
Cracker please. Zeon is just a dictatorship that manipulated its population into believe they were fighting against an aggressive Federation.
>>
File: [2015.11.29_20.08.58].jpg (251KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
[2015.11.29_20.08.58].jpg
251KB, 960x720px
>>14506137
>>
File: smartmark_crop_exact76k57.jpg (11KB, 340x234px) Image search: [Google]
smartmark_crop_exact76k57.jpg
11KB, 340x234px
>>14506047
So he's not only a mark, he's a mark for himself.
Well, if I made designs like his, I'd be the same way.
>>
>>14506535
I miss WWE's puppet content.
>>
>>14506137
I like oyw zaku ms more than federation dudes honestly
>>
>>14506587
so do I
>>
>>14506535
Buchi chan doesn't design mecha any more?
>>
>>14506137
People can claim to unironically like Zeon because at the heart of every Zeon and Neo-Neo-Zeon political movement there is the desire of the people to be independent of the Federation. It's something many people can sympathise with. Add in the fact that every leader from Degwin Zabi up until Mineva/Full Frontal manipulated this desire to achieve their own selfish goals, and it becomes something to pity.
But that's really the only way you can "like" any of the Zeon factions philosophically. You can just ignore philosophy and go with the idea that Zeon looks cooler.
>>
>>14506047
>I'm sure my mecha are cooler and stronger than the main character's.

Wow, and people rag on Nagano for saying the same thing.
>>
>>14506832
Nagano says his mecha are stronger than any, and the specific mecha he says this about are all associated with the main character or his faction that has all the best technology and has a huge chunk of all the best pilots be part of it either officially or close enough allies it's basically the same thing.

Please, get your Naganoshitting straight.
>>
>>14507442
I was referring more to the SRW incident where some people claimed that he wouldn't let his FSS mechs in because he was afraid of them getting hurt, which was bullshit /m/ made up anyway.
>>
>>14506176

>Just like Imperial Japan in WWII
>>
>>14506682
He did for that one Anime Expo short, but they were just parody designs of old super robots and looked like ass.
>>
>>14506137
If you have to look at everything from a black and white moralfag's preservative, it's no wonder you can't find the appeal of Zeon, even on a design level and just go with the 'I can't believe anyone supports them, they're just evil!'
>>
>>14508399
No, they're literally cartoonishly evil villains. Seriously, even the Dinosaur Empire is less evil and most justified in their war.
>>
>>14506137
>the best uniforms
>better MS
That's why people like Zeon.
>>
>>14508524
But Zeon has the worst uniforms and mobile suits
>>
>>14508414
You're looking at things it figuratively and you miss the point of how Tomino was trying to portray Zeon and why it had much larger appeal compared to the Federation before this whole black and while moralfagging appeared.

An empire might be evil, but not all its citizens are

For the most part the people you see in the Federation, outside of the main cast, are going to the be the odd off commanding officers. That's because Gundam series almost always focus on the Federation side. Zeon however lets you look at a wide variety of people from every part of the chain of command and because they tend to get killed, you a lot more of Zeon's people. Also, the rank and file aren't cartoonishly evil, they're just soldiers trying to survive or serve their country not knowing, or caring about what the bigger picture is. Two good examples of this is the recon plane that drops supplies for a mother and daughter refugees because it was the human thing to do. They're then immediately shot down by Amuro. The other good example was the Wappa team that attached bombs to the Gundam and instead of mounting a second attack while they were distracted disarming, they sat make and watched. When the Trojan Horse crew predictably was able to remove them The Zeon team drove over to them in civilian cloths to congratulate them in doing it. Amuro and company realized they were the Zeon soldiers who planted the bombs, but didn't take action because they didn't come to attack them while they were exhausted, but to give praise to for a job well done. That's just two examples through the series. Yes, you have people like Gihren that see war as a matter of statistics, which I believe the majority of your indignation comes from. But that doesn't mean the whole is evil. Zeon is still comprised of people who are human beings just trying to make it through alive. Like in real life.

Because believe or not, there are always good people on both sides of any war.
>>
>>14508533
Are you illiterate? We're talking about real life people liking Zeon.
>>
>>14508533
>The other good example was the Wappa team that attached bombs to the Gundam and instead of mounting a second attack while they were distracted disarming,

I thought the tv show wasn't canon :^)
I actually somewhat agree with Black Cock for once. It's easy to sympathise with zeek rank and file as people who were misguided and couldn't see the bigger picture. It's very easy to get swept up in propaganda and big speeches. That's where my agreement ends though. Like I said, the average zeek is misguided at best. And there's a point where you gotta say "do you think we're the bad guys?" after you've gone a colony drop too far.
>>
>>14508575
Actually Zeek propaganda has completely blamed the gassing on Cima and co. and missing Jaburo and hitting Sydney on the feds.
>>
File: 2743565094_13cd73ce6a.jpg (120KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2743565094_13cd73ce6a.jpg
120KB, 500x500px
>>14508530
I can agree with uniforms but the MS? Fuck you they're awesome

Pict related, look at this sexy motherfucker.

If just Mikha doesn't go full retard second after Gendubs shows up.....
>>
>>14506047
gendumbs was a ploy to make zaku.
>>
>>14508567
>>14508575
>>14508600
Are you proving you lack basic cognitive functions? I was explaining one of the main reasons why people identify with or support Zeon. Just because it's not canon, doesn't mean it does not exist. Those dang fangled westerners keep thinking that the two choices for something are only canon or oblivion and something can still exist and be used even if it's not the canon version. Regardless, you have this interpretation that morality is a static constant among all groups. Or if you serve under a particular government, even if they actions results in the deaths of millions, their people are obligated to collectively rise up and say it's wrong. That's just you projecting your idea of morality onto others while enjoying complete knowledge over the events that have occurred. Ignoring the whole tangent of Cima being a Tragic Sue, it's pretty clear she was designed to be a patsy in case the war did take a turn for the worst. You just have to look at the fact that after the One Week Battle she got a multi rank promotion, command of her own fleet, was stationed at a cushy homeland defense job for the entirety of the war while also getting access to the latest weaponry. (This is based off her own history and the fact her detachment's units were comprised entirely of Gelgoogs.) If she really had loyalty to her men, she could have opted to fall onto the sword herself in order to allow the rest of her fleet to be granted refuge to Axis. However based on the behavior we see of her, that probably wouldn't have happened. As for Operation British, if the Federation didn't interfere, it would have more than likely landed on Jaburo or at least cause more damage to the southwest hemisphere, of course that would have ended the war, so the Federation deflected it and it ended up on Sydney. Acceptable losses to the Feddies since it meant saving their GHQ.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.