[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the bigger hack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 27

File: old-guys.png (235KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
old-guys.png
235KB, 636x358px
Who is the bigger hack?
>>
The guy with the problem glasses of course.

Spirited away was dogshit, fite me irl fagguts :^)
>>
>>14488307
The most bitter.
>>
>>14488307
You for posting a thread that's been done a million times already.
>>
How is Miyazaki even /m/ relevant? Sure, some mecha directors worked under him, but he never made anything that could be called a mecha production

You could have posted Zack Snyder and it would have been more relevant
>>
Miyazaki is a cuck. Indonesian cave drawings are interesting for the exact reasons he said it's a mistake: ultra-violent, sexist, absurd, and no pandering to jews and feminists. Miyazaki is the equivalent of that watered down new age version of Celtic folk music that plays in hippie housewife bookstores. He sanitizes the medium for white liberal NPR listeners who are neurotic about the ideological hygiene of their entertainment media.
>le strong womyn protagonist
>save the whales
>mankind is bad cuz pollution n stuff
>war is bad

I have a penis so none of that resonates with me
>>
Neither are hacks.
>>
File: since-angels-egg-biatch.jpg (36KB, 240x360px) Image search: [Google]
since-angels-egg-biatch.jpg
36KB, 240x360px
>>14488307
This guy.
>>
>>14488432
Pollution aside, everything you said is spot on. Miyazaki is a man with no convictions, and it shows in his work; not a single thing he's done pushes the envelope of it's genre in any capacity.
I don't mean that in an edgy sense, but rather the ability to take an idea past it's contemporaries and see how far it can go, almost like putting pressure on a kid to see them succeed in school or a sport.
Instead of that Miyazaki just tells the same empty stories ad infinitum and bitches like a hollow old man when younger artists easily surpass him.
>>
>>14488346
To be fair, pretty much every /m/ thread active right now has been done a million times already.
>>
>>14488432
Have you even listened to NPR? There is actual diversity in the programming, both in terms of the music and who they talk to and their opinions. It's not all politically correct or super social justice-y.

Actually I perceive that as being a very small thing. If it occurs it's part of the stuff going on with the people they are talking to or individual hosts.

The news programs they have talk about what is actually happening.

I won't lie, some DJ's are giant fucking hippies or like a lot of indie crap, but you have diversity. You have songs coming from a lot of places. Hosts that do blues and country and stuff come from "this is good stuff from this genre" and it might not even be something they particularly agree with or that everyone who listens would like.

But then you don't have to listen to that program. You can listen to something else later.

And don't be a jackass and compare that sort of weakass commercial folk music with the kind of authentic music you can get on NPR. They have shit that's so authentic you can't even fucking understand it sometimes. I don't even listen to the African segment except for the noise rarely because I can't understand a word.

Conversely I greatly enjoy the folk and country bits because those are literally the Songs of My People - a bunch of hillbillies and salt of the earth protestant dirt farmers from the great basin.
>>
File: 1457644547193.jpg (12KB, 320x362px) Image search: [Google]
1457644547193.jpg
12KB, 320x362px
>>14488461
My, someone's got awfully thin skin.
>>
>>14488430
>How is Miyazaki even /m/ relevant?

Nausicaa. That, and he likes drawing warplanes and tanks in his spare time.
>>
>>14488450
>Miyazaki is a man with no convictions

Nigga, you seriously think Hayao "iPhones are modern masturbation" Miyazaki has no convictions? The problem is the opposite- he keeps ruining all his work by forcing in irrelevant messages.
>>
>>14488521
He is right though.
>>
>>14488307
The left one. The only good Ghibli movies aren't even by him.
>>
>>14488307
You mean, who is the bigger meme?
>>
>>14488450
Not really a big fan of Miyazaki but I generally don't dislike him so I wonder why you would say:
>Miyazaki is a man with no convictions, and it shows in his work.
>not a single thing he's done pushes the envelope of it's genre
To some extent I agree with that but what to you are (anime) works that push the boundaries of the genre?
In any case I still disagree that (all of) his stories are empty.
>bitches like a hollow old man when younger artists easily surpass him
That's not very nice, you know. When you've dedicated your life to something but you get shat on by producers around every corner you've got a little bit of a right to be kind of embittered about the state of the industry.
Also who are those younger artists that have put him in his place according to you?
>>
>>14488307
Tomino always tries his best to promote the newer generation, even at his detriment.

Everything Miyazaki has done (with the exception of Anno) has destroyed any chance for the newer generation to advance. Including his own son, of all things.
>>
>>14488538
>>14488521
>>14488450
>Miyazaki is a man with no convictions
He is literally an old commie.
>>
File: 1399587403035.gif (658KB, 280x212px) Image search: [Google]
1399587403035.gif
658KB, 280x212px
>>14488568
>When you've dedicated your life to something but you get shat on by producers
You think other animators have it much better? At least Miyazaki has a say and he's recognized internationally as the Japanese Disney, all for appealing to the lowest common denominator. Compare him to Tomino who (for the majority of his carreer at least) doesn't sugar coat the horrors of war, technology and pollution to his audience, with characters that are supposed to be actual people who make stupid mistakes and not role models/strawmen, on tv shows which have selling toys as the imperative, on a limited time schedule and not releasing the stuff when his artistic whims have been fulfilled. And Tomino is a big name, he's nowhere near an animator that is being paid pennies. Miyazaki's position is heavily privileged--it's amazing that he remains good friends with Anno, who's pretty much his antithesis.
>>
File: file.png (195KB, 400x544px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
195KB, 400x544px
>>14488307
This guy.
>>
>>14488795
Miyazaki might actually not be a very ok guy from what I've heard, but he is not the only old-timer that's dislikes the industry. It's not like Tomino doesn't complain about that either and I've seen a lot of people on this board complain that he complains.
Also people tend to exaggerate how butthurt some artists are just because they casually said they don't like something and then everybody ends up putting in their mouth words they never said and making it seem like it's all they ever talk about day long because they have nothing better to do with their lives and then blame them of being envious old hacks or something even though what they say is most of the time pretty moderate and reasonable. Isn't this going a little bit too far?
>>
>>14488461
You put far too much effort into arguing with a retard.
>>
>>14488840
The problem with Miyazaki isn't that he complains, the problem is that he complains about things when he is in a position of power higher than almost everyone else in the anime industry, yet he does nothing to fix it. He's a hypocrite living in an ivory tower, and that is why people here dislike him.

For fucks sake, Oshii complains more about anime than both Miyazaki and Tomino combined and no one whines about him because he's true to his word.
>>
>Miyazaki is a miserable old man who hates Japan, anime and his own son
>Tomino says some controversial stuff that makes good headlines but is actually quite reasonable
Why is Tomino the edgy one again?
>>
>>14488840
>he is not the only old-timer that's dislikes the industry.

True and you know what he did trying to change the industry?
Nothing.

He went and start his own studio that only focuses on movies where majority of anime is TV related.
>>
>>14488889
Because Tomino said bad about Evangelion.
>>
File: miyazaki's wet dream.jpg (29KB, 633x349px) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki's wet dream.jpg
29KB, 633x349px
daily reminder miyazaki is a closet pedo
>>
>>14488893
evangelion is bad anyways
>>
>>14488932
When Miyazaki does it it's realistic portrayal of family
>>
>>14488952
>realistic
sure buddy
>>
The most bald.
>>
Tomino is a fraud who got successful by animating a toy commercial and got bitter when obviously better directors like Anno made him irrelevant.

Miyazaki is considered as a genius worldwide, inspired generations of artists and won Academy Award for his work while Tominhack is struggling to have his shit series airing on Cartoon Network.
>>
>>14488864
>and no one whines about him because he's true to his word
He is usually without a job.
>>
File: 1401152821276.png (129KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1401152821276.png
129KB, 625x626px
>>14489004
>Tomino "toy companies are the real enemy of Gundam" is a fraud who got successful by animating a toy commercial
Watch Victory, Turn A, or just about any Tomino series that isn't Gundam.

>better directors like Anno
>who turns into a hack when he gets a budget
>who made hamfisted art student trash like EoE
>Cutie Honey
>Mari Makinami
>Rebuild as a whole
He only gets marks for his work on Gunbuster, Nadia, and TV Eva, with some points for his animation here and there.

>Miyazaki inspired generations of artists
>Hayao "Anime was a mistake" Miyazaki

>won Academy Award
>ever taking the Oscars seriously
>Tominhack is struggling to have his shit series airing on Cartoon Network
>Appeal to popularity
>>
File: violate.jpg (14KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
violate.jpg
14KB, 500x281px
>>14489051
>art student trash like EoE
>>
>>14488450
Yeah like your robot children cartoons pushes the envelope more than Miyazaki. Enjoy your dying medium and prepare for more mediocre 3D anime.
>>
File: 1465881113140.png (32KB, 192x185px) Image search: [Google]
1465881113140.png
32KB, 192x185px
>>14489004
>>
File: strong women.png (262KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
strong women.png
262KB, 500x375px
>>14489072
>woah, what a trippy dream!
>woah, the characters are all in real life!
>do you get it! because waifus are dumb!
>do you get it!
>Asuka 4life, Nippon grasseaters can take strong women!
>>
>>14488889
Because Tomino did war stories where a bunch of people died, including children. Meanwhile, Miyazaki does family flicks.

>>14488450
> Miyazaki is a man with no convictions, and it shows in his work; not a single thing he's done pushes the envelope of it's genre in any capacity.

Remember how Miyazaki rewrote Lupin's personality in Cagliostro? Sure, take a lovable, sex-crazed thief and turn him into a more classic hero while saying that the incarnation people liked was his more immature younger days and he's past that.
>>
>>14488461
This post reminded me about how much I hate NPR, I listened to them Saturday when I was driving around hoping to hear recent news and it was a repeating hour of "living with white privilege" I just fucking plugged in my phone and listened to walkure attack after a certain point because I wasn't going to get any news any time soon.
>>
I really hate this hack meme, especially when it comes from a bunch of ignorant neets with no life or actual knowledge of the medium.
Then you have butthurt faggots like>>14488432 who have to parrot all the shit /a/ and /pol/ have been vomiting since years without even realizing how stupid it sounds to people who actually know what Miyazaki's talking about and what other people in the industry do.
Then you have morons who look for peer approval like>>14488450 and spout even more retarded bullshit because they want to fit in the hip crowd of haters.

Good thing America hasn't read Tatsuya "neck vagina" Egawa, otherwise you touchy, insecure faggots would probably cause a universal 4chan meltdown.

Oh, and of course let's not forget all the dicksucking for Tomino when at the same time only 2% of this board can actually understand his anime, I still have nightmares about G-Reco threads.
>>14488864
>yet he does nothing to fix it
What the fuck do you think an old man alone can do against a giant machine with thousands of different people involved in the business?
Are you fucking retarded?
Do you think Miyazaki is the pope of anime or something and can call aindustry conclave?
What he does is keep doing the stuff he always did, because you know, it's HIS OPINION, just like when Nagano complains about mecha designs being stale garbage made to sell models, when Oshii criticizes anime exactly like Miyazaki does but doing even less and Tomino's idea of entrusting everything to the next generation.
They are PERSONAL OPINIONS.
If you hate Miyazaki's opinions so much you should fucking bomb Anno, now there's some true bald-faced hypocrite and technical hack, but sure, let's rant about Miyazaki worries about the environment and not say anything about Anno pushing his vegetarian agenda since fucking forever, you know, they're ideas you're not forced to agree with.
You bitch so much about SJW but you end up behaving exactly the same, just like /v/ and /pol/.
>>
>>14489666
>You bitch so much about SJW but you end up behaving exactly the same, just like /v/ and /pol/.
>>
>>14489666
Nice digits Satan, but you couldn't make your false-flagging any more obvious.
>>
>>14489681
It's literally the grade-school comeback, "I know you are, but what am I?"

It happens anytime someone has a position against something. Some mental midget bursts in and says, "you're against something? They're against something too. That makes you the same! My useless position of having no position makes me superior somehow."
>>
>>14489666
>Nagano complains about mecha designs being stale garbage made to sell models

Gonna need a sauce on that, Satan.
>>
This fuckin thread is like when you wake up sober on top of your own vomit and piss in the morning
>>
>>14489723
Even kids figured out it's a valid rebuttal when it applies to the hypocrite's bullshit.

>Mental midget
Oh lawdy we've got a Rhodes Scholar in here folks!
>>
There was a decent thread on /a/ a while back that actually managed to discuss Miyazaki properly without going into shitposting modo as usual.

The conclusion from it was that Miyazaki is a man in serious denial of what he really wants.
>>
>>14489989
He's just old and grumpy and people take him way too seriously.
>>
>>14488442

guess you must have missed greco.
>>
>>14490028
>guy makes one bad anime
>HE'S A HACK, EVERYTHING HE MADE IS BAD BECAUSE GRECO IS BAD

WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D
>>
>>14490031

guess you must have missed garzey's wing.
>>
>>14490031
That's not what a hack means you imbecile.
>>
>>14489989
I remember that thread. Miyazaki would have been so much happier if he became a mecha designer.
>>
>>14489989
He's just a cranky old man behaving exactly like any cranky old man would do, /a/ is just mad at him because he called out the industry being largely shit and having way too much pandering, they care little about anything else he said and ever since then they're all butthurt and newfags try to fit in by parroting the same stuff since years.
Honestly, Hoshii said mostly the same thing, Anno's hypocrisy is even worse and he's a much more mediocre director than Miyazaki which is a feat in itself but nobody talks about them, it's all about fucking Miyazaki.
>>
File: 1434757422053.jpg (155KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1434757422053.jpg
155KB, 640x720px
>>14490028
G-reco was actually really good though.
>>
>>14490149
> /a/ is just mad at him because he called out the industry

More like /a/ is tired of hearing a geriatric bitch that he isn't the dominate name in the industry anymore, and that his "movies" have aged like sour milk. Satoshi Kon was better in every way, stay salty MIDF.
>>
>>14490228
>stay salty MIDF.
Read my fucking post you imbecile, I wasn't defending Miyazaki.
Actually, no, just fuck off, you can't even post a decent response without using memes.
>>
>>14490149
Anno is a great director. Miyazaki is not a true director, he's just someone who puts up pretty images with good animation. He doesn't know how to use a camera like Anno.
>>
>>14490278
>Anno is a great director.

Kon or Dezaki were great directors, Anno is laughable when he's not ripping off other classic movie directors, and nobody who puts random religious symbology and imagery in their work because it looks cool can be called a great director.
>>
>>14489163
Waifus are dumb doe, and the whole point of Eva is people clashing against the reality of each other. And Asuka best girl.
>>
>>14490312
> Anno is laughable when he's not ripping off other classic movie directors

Give examples
>>
File: starter pack.png (73KB, 500x557px) Image search: [Google]
starter pack.png
73KB, 500x557px
>>14490278
>>
File: well-memed.jpg (71KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
well-memed.jpg
71KB, 803x688px
>>14490360
>>
>>14488432

saved your post for future reference. Thank you for the truth.
>>
>>14488889
Back then - the body counts on some of his stories.
Now - because people get pissed when he expresses less than fond opinions of things like Attack on Titan or video games.

I lost count of how many people tried to make it seem like he was a nobody after those two comments went out.
>>
>>14490263
>Cries like a wimp when confronted with a different view
>"Everything I hate is a meme"
>Nofun EVER
It's like you liberals can't handle other people having opinions that are different from your own :^)
>>
>>14490682
Not him, but this is real cute from a guy who probably lives in /pol/'s hugbox threads.
>>
>>14489989
Its amazing how /a/ is having far better discussions than us, this board really should be nuked, we do nothing but shitpost about how every anime should be gundam and how every gundam sucks
>>
Are we being raided by /v/ right now? Is this what is happening here?
>>
File: gonagai.jpg (238KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
gonagai.jpg
238KB, 1280x854px
>>14488307
>>
>>14490744
It's actually pretty funny though.
>>
A hack is someone that used to put out great work but now makes only shit.
Tomino definitely doesn't apply because he's still knocking it out of the park. Pic related
>>
>>14490875
Is a person really a hack if they're aware of it and don't give a shit?
>>
File: Imagawa.jpg (43KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Imagawa.jpg
43KB, 300x450px
>>14490875
I think you meant this guy.
>>
>>14490902
I thought hacks were people who could only make one type of show, and anytime they try something else it fails completely?
>>
File: Hideaki.jpg (24KB, 275x270px) Image search: [Google]
Hideaki.jpg
24KB, 275x270px
>>14488307
You guys forgot someone.
>>
>>14490939
>HideAKi
>HAK
>>
>>14490682

you neo/altcons realize you're the new fedoralords, right?
>>
>>14490682
Fuck off back to the MSN comments sections where you belong you /pol/tard.

>>14490942
>ANNO
>ANON
>>
Miyazaki is a better mech designer than Tomino. We all know that if it wasn't for Okawara the Gendum would have looked like some pug fugly bullshit and we wouldn't even be discussing it.
>>
>>14490924

Huh? No, I meant the other guy. Just double-checked it. As far as I know, this one actually put effort into the things he does, he just has the bad habit of blowing the budget, but he delivers... As long as you like cliffhangers. The other guy has some cliffhangers, right, but what comes before it is so underwhelming that you just don't care.
>>
>>14491036

Tomino is not an artist. He never was. What's the point?
>>
>>14491053

That Tomino is shit.

He can't design.
He can't write. Look at his autism dialogue and his hamhanded shit novels.
He can't animate.
He can't even really direct.

I don't even like Miyazaki. I think he's a hack who lost his touch long ago. But he's got undeniable talent and can still pull out a good one every now and then.

But Tomino? Tomino is garbage, a naked emperor with insufferable acolytes.
>>
>>14491026
>ANNO
>ANON
Literally deeper than Eva.
>>
>>14491077
It was right in front of us all along...
>>
>>14490033
Garzey's Wing is decent though
>>
>>14491040
I'm just trolling. I like Imagawa well enough and regardless of the actual quality of Nagai's work it was undeniably influential, and not just in regards to mecha.
>>
>>14490033
>t. Bennett the Sage
>>
>>14491109

Agreed.
>>
>>14489666
Anne's vegetarianism is his most attractive feature
>>
>>14488307
>Someone makes something I don't like
>He's a hack

Yeah I don't think it works like that OP.
>>
>>14488430
Jesus did you ever watch Miyazaki's work?
>>
>>14491370
/m/-Airships and Skybikes
>>
>>14488432
Miyazaki is a product of reconstruction Japan. Read a goddamn history book.

And I think Miyazaki has more right to decide what anime is than the typical anime fan of today like yourself. Ever watched Rose of Versailles or Galaxy Express? There is more to anime than /m/
>>
>>14491391
>Miyazaki is a product of reconstruction Japan.

Funny because he himself has decried the entirety of Japan's reconstruction period.

>And I think Miyazaki has more right to decide what anime is than the typical anime fan of today like yourself.

Who is the consumer and target of modern anime? Cause it sure as hell isn't Miyazaki. And I'll bet you pirate all your anime too.
>>
>>14491069
>He can't design.
Those old sketches of the many Zeon suits and few other vehicles that appear in 0079 prove you wrong.

>Look at his autism dialogue and his hamhanded shit novels.
Matter of opinion. I think his dialogue is, while a bit weird at times, a lot more naturalistic in comparison to average Japanese dialogue, which is usually as stiff as old soda. Anyways, a lot of the screenwriting for most of his series isn't even of his hand.

>He can't animate
He can pull off some neat storyboards however, which is why even Miyazaki and Takahata requested his services on a couple episodes of Heidi, Anne, and even Conan. Hell, his storyboards are the actual largest contributions he gives off to almost any series he directs, akin to guys like Dezaki.

>He can't even really direct.
Another matter of opinion, I think his directing is pretty decent on the sliding scale of good and bad animoo directors.
>>
File: tmp_12315-97c-1278270322.gif (112KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12315-97c-1278270322.gif
112KB, 600x338px
>>14490149
Miyazaki's problem is that he thinks anime is a story telling medium for a broad audience including normalfags.

But we're passed that. Many shows now are just about waifus and fanservice made for a particular niché demographic.

I can enjoy both so whatever.
>>
>>14491069
>He can't design.
He still generally doesn't. Getting other people to do their own job in multimedia is just rational.
>He can't write.
Just because you need dialogue to be cultivated so that every character is a natural poet doesn't mean something natural is bad.
>He can't animate.
Who gives a fuck, he doesn't. A person is better off focusing on their job, which is largely communication on the director's part.
>He can't even really direct.
Storyboarding and direction aren't one in the same, and he's good at both anyways. The occasionally featureless nature of it doesn't draw it back when the goal is to immerse you into the setting similarly to a documentary, not to create an overdone deliberate art piece out of subliminal messaging that doesn't actually mean anything.

>a naked emperor with insufferable acolytes.
>failing to reference the Emperor's New Clothes this hard
4/10 bait, actually try to come off like you aren't speaking out your ass next time.
>>
>>14491437
>>failing to reference the Emperor's New Clothes this hard

But it's an apt comparison. People look at Tomino's work and see art that isn't there.
>>
>>14491429
>He can pull off some neat storyboards however, which is why even Miyazaki and Takahata requested his services on a couple episodes of Heidi, Anne, and even Conan. Hell, his storyboards are the actual largest contributions he gives off to almost any series he directs, akin to guys like Dezaki.

Are his storyboards that impressive if the finished product is shit anyway?
>>
>>14491453
Meh, what "art" can truly be seen in something like animoo anyways?
>>
>>14491453
That's not accurate at all. The emperor is naked while deluding himself into thinking he's clothed and no one says anything out of fear of persecution. Tomino is his own biggest critic. He never acts like his shows are more than children's cartoons, and that can be seen in how they're themed. He's even aware that they've devolved into toy commercials, which is why he threw a temper tantrum for the next 15 years after Sunrise merged with Bandai. I'm not going to defend the occasional Grecofag who spouts 2deep4u, but that's about a 90% chance of being a falseflagger anyways. Pretty much every other director in the thread would be a better example of that, although most of them still wouldn't fit well.

>and see art that isn't there
I'm pretty sure that's not what art means.

>>14491479
Any instance of a good storyboard with bad animation is a budget problem above all else.
>>
>>14491389
Still more /m/ than Tokushit.
>>
File: 1406219461962.png (304KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1406219461962.png
304KB, 680x680px
>>14490028
>guess you must have missed greco.

mfw the best anime of that year went over your head.
>>
>>14491828
>snapshit is the greco shitposter

This explains everything.
>>
>>14491973
Is this seriously news to you?
>>
>>14490709
Says the samefagging cuck who shit his pants in flaccid fury twice over in this very thread. Keep crying though, you're only proving miyazaki fans as insecure plebs.
>>
File: miyazaki-ship.jpg (246KB, 1200x771px) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki-ship.jpg
246KB, 1200x771px
>>14491389
Still a far more imaginative designer than anyone /m/-related.
>>
File: hmc.jpg (153KB, 1024x553px) Image search: [Google]
hmc.jpg
153KB, 1024x553px
>>14492198
Like, who the fuck else could come up with this other than Miyazaki?
>>
>>14491531
>Grecofag who spouts 2deep4u
No, our shtick is that you're literally a retarded subhuman because you can't understand a fairly simple kid's show because you have the attention span of a fruitfly. It's not deep, you're just fucking dumb.
>>
>>14492429
You sound triggered for some reason.
>>
>>14492198
>>14492253
Are you serious? I'm having a hard time thinking of mecha designers who CAN'T draw anything above that level.
>>
File: ms3crabboss.jpg (336KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
ms3crabboss.jpg
336KB, 625x469px
>>14492253
SNK.
>>
>>14491453
>People look at Tomino's work and see art that isn't there

That 'arguement' can be applied to anything.
>>
>>14490033
Yeah I'm sure it's Tomino's fault that the dub was garbage
>>
>>14492253
>>14492706
Sick burn brah
>>
no joking. i watched spirited away and i felt asleep halfway through the movie only to find out that movie got him an oscar. i dont care how "deep" or "imaginative" or "there's a lot of hidden subtext" , if it is boring, then it is boring. But surprisingly all the plebians around me liked all his works. But when I asked them why, they couldn't really answer.
>>
>>14492882
Well to be fair, they are good children movies, much better than the shit Disney's been pumping since 90s. I'd still rather see a Miyazaki film get an oscar than some shit like Tangled or Frozen. But at the same time, I'd rather see ANY animated film get it rather than either of those two.

But who cares, Takahata is the better Ghibli anyway. Only Yesterday, Grave of the Fireflies and Kaguya are better than anything Miyazaki has ever made. Takahata went out with a bang while Miyazaki went out with a cringey romance and sucking Anno's dick.
>>
File: mistake.png (140KB, 537x416px) Image search: [Google]
mistake.png
140KB, 537x416px
>“That thing that looks like a gaming device in your hand, along with that strange stroking movement you make with your hands is by no means attractive to me, nor am I at all impressed by it. I feel a sense of revulsion for it, in fact.

>I’m sure in short time there will be an increase in people on trains making those strange masturbatory strokes. It was the same when everyone started reading manga on trains, and when it became cellphones – I’m fed up with it.”

>“It may seem like I am ignoring your human rights to say this, but you can’t research any of that. Why? Because you have no way of knowing what it’s like to be on an old trireme, or having empathy with the men on board, covered in sweat as they labour at their oars.

>You go out into the world without enriching your imagination. You are merely grasping the iWhatever as a skimming tool you use to stroke yourself.

>I’m sure there are many people who want to become omnipotent by getting their hands on this iWhatever. I’ll tell you sir, there were once a bunch of people who wore radio cassette players (those bulky things) wherever they went in the sixties. They wore it like a priceless emblem.

>They’re mostly probably living off of pension funds now, but you and them are the same. You jump at the newest gadgets, and all you do is relish the pride in owning one as some consumer.

>You must not become a consumer. You must become someone that creates.”

https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/07/13/miyazaki-ipad-users-nothing-but-chronic-masturbators/
>>
>>14493051
Remind me of my grandpa.
Oh, come on. Everybody has the right to be old even if they are a famous director.
>>
>>14493051
>Because you have no way of knowing what it’s like to be on an old trireme, or having empathy with the men on board, covered in sweat as they labour at their oars.
And you do, you old fart?
>>
>>14493051
My god, why do people worship this guy?
>>
>>14492429
G-reco is actually among my favorite Tomino anime, but if you haven't noticed the abundance of shitposters who talk about how simple it is while failing to explain it to the idiots who can't follow, something is wrong.
>>
>>14493201
And yet you enjoy watching glorified toy commercials that waxes on, quite poorly at that, about philosophy with the grace and depth of a dumbass teenager who read a '[insert philosophy here] for dummies'
You just don't like it because its directed at you.
>>
>>14493051
Well, at least we know where that Nagano "quote" came from now.
>>
>>14493521
t. buttblasted chinkdisney fag
>>
>>14493063
fuck old people they should all die
>>
>>14493051

I have a feeling that he was saying this in the context of talking about artists and storytellers in the industry, where active observation of the world around you is key (especially as an animator). Personal experience and looking at reference photos/videos are completely different beasts (though they're best in tandem).

Even beyond that I think he has a point beyond grumpy old man syndrome, but maybe I'm just a huge faggot. I guess I just feel more excited about life and learning when I try to "disconnect" and have interest in my surroundings and interact with new people and new experiences.
>>
>>14494684
You goddamn otaku never could realize you were disgust faggots, despite having an entire civilization hating your fucking guts. But what do you expect from a worthless generation like this? All too eager to piss on the previous generations greats and heroes to just feel better about themselves and undermine every fucking thing they ever did so you somehow have it worse off than you did at the begin, why? Because you're an idiot, thats why, an entire generation of fucking idiots that would've been shamed, mocked, and ostracized from society a few generations prior.
>>
>>14493521
Is it really any better when you replace "glorified toy commercial" with "glorified adaptations" in that same context?
>>
>>14494997
Don't you try to flip this around generation loser, the point is you only flip your shit because he 'dares' insult you like the little bitch nigger you are.
>>
>>14494936
>paste.
>>
>>14495003
>H-he's just posting pasta
No retard, I am fucking not, this entire miserable generation is a wash, a bunch of worthless yes men retards without any spines, it shouldn't even be considered murder killing someone from your generation, you faggots sure as hell aren't human, or men.
>>
GUNDAM F91 >>> NAUSICAA
>>
>>14495030
>/pol/: the post
>>
>>14488307

Tominos LITERALLY only made one good series.

Miyazaki made one of the best comic series ever, and some great films.
>>
>>14495054
Truth hurts don't it? Face it, in comparison to your predecessors, you fuckers have accomplished nothing, if anything, you have made things even WORSE and then have the fucking gall to say you are more enlightened.
>>
>>14493051
Oh good, I knew that wasn't Nagano.

Anyway, Tomino makes anime with cool robots and Miyazaki doesn't, this isn't even a choice.
>>
>>14494797
I remember reading some interview with him where that was the case. He was lamenting the originality in current anime because he felt anime had become an insular industry that only took inspiration from other anime instead of outside sources and experiences.

I think he maybe misses the point that not everything is meant to be art and many things are the way they are because they're meant to be consumed regardless of how cynical he feels about that, money doesn't grow on trees and these things have to sell. They are products.

Ultimately a creator needs consumers whether they like it or not, at least if they want the money to keep creating for a living. They can't control what people want to consume so either you make what you want and deal with the risks that come with that or you make something to the best of your ability while making concessions towards marketability.
>>
>>14494936
>>14495001
>>14495030
>>14495071
You keep sounding like one of those obnoxious Twitter twats who keep saying similar dreck you do whose posting things like #BornInRongGen
>>
>>14495081
Like I would use that festering pile of modern excess and failure.
>>
>>14495071
>accomplished nothing
The accessibility and variety of Internet porn is at an unprecedented high, we are living in the New Renaissance.
>>
>>14495099
Men of your preceding generations conquered continents, destroyed armies, and changed the world, and you counter with fucking PORN?
>>
>>14495085
Yet here you are..
>>
>>14495105
an infinite fountain of pornography is more then they could even imagine
>>
>>14495105
>>14495164

If they were brought from the past to witness it they would smile with tears in their eyes and say, "You've done it."
>>
>>14495077
While what you say is true it feels like the industry has become progressively more and more niche. When Tezuka started it all a lot of people were inspired by him, a lot of people were in it for more than just the money and there was a lot of room for expansion.
I might be biased but nowadays it seems like you can't find that many of those people - they lack either the ambition or the talent or the resources.
It feels like the 70's were the peak of anime and it's been deteriorating with each next generation.
It's a natural process of course but I can see why someone that actually worked in those times would be a little bit depressed.
>>
>>14491410
That's a good point.

Is something that is commercially successful also better artistically? Is SEED one of the best anime of all time? Is Frozen a better movie than the Godfather?

From a pure business point the anime industry is healthier than ever.
>>
>>14495105

You know the Middle East is a hotbed of perpetual conflict, right?

If you want to feel less emasculated you could always grab a gun and head to Syria, you current-gen dickhead. I'll bet good money you're not even out of your teens.
>>
I don't understand why people get upset at Miyazaki. Some self-awareness would be nice.

Yes you're a disgusting otaku parasite watching cartoons about little girls. Embrace it.

Stop caring about how other people see you, they're irrelevant.
>>
>>14495601
But I need everyone to validate my views and opinions or I'll have to face up to the fact that I'm worthless and no one will care when I die.
>>
>>14489723
cool story
>>
>>14495059
>Tominos LITERALLY only made one good series.
I think he made plenty of decent-good series personally. I also think both Miyazaki and Tomino are skilled at their respective strengths as well.

>>14495601
Same here. Don't know why people get upset at Tomino as well.
>>
File: 1464185769812.jpg (291KB, 788x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1464185769812.jpg
291KB, 788x1097px
>>14495601
I doubt it's literal offense. It seems to be no different from when some know-it-all asshole who has been going to McDonalds for 30 years and recently started whining at everyone that the food they're eating is killing them while simultaneously buying 9 cheeseburgers, glorifying animal abuse, and telling them they're not allowed to watch Supersize Me because it might prove him wrong.

>“It may seem like I am ignoring your human rights to say this, but you can’t research any of that. Why? Because you have no way of knowing what it’s like to be on an old trireme, or having empathy with the men on board, covered in sweat as they labour at their oars."
>"I’m sure in short time there will be an increase in people on trains making those strange masturbatory strokes."
>"Before they learn their letters, we must teach children the essentials, as we have done from the stone age."
>"How to start a fire, keep it burning, put it out, the nature of water, how to climb trees, how to wind rope, use a needle and thread, use a knife. I think the state must teach the children these things before they teach them to write."
It doesn't take a lot of time out of the day to look at nonsense like this and say, "Wow, what a huge faggot." The way he puts things makes it sound like he would prefer that people were molesting each other instead of reading the news while they're bolted to a bench. He then whines about nuclear power while simultaneously glorifying Japanese war crimes and using electricity that is most likely from fossil fuels anyways, which is actually vastly more harmful to the environment.
>>
>>14488307

Miyazaki because he's a pretentious old man who complains about technology and thinks everything he makes is God's Gift when I haven't given a fuck about him or Ghibli since Howl's Moving Castle.
>>
>>14495620
Well you could always hire a truck and drive to France.

Ha this will be flagged by the NSA Daedalus.
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.