[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the Danball Senki series? I got the 3DS version of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 19

File: LBX box.jpg (113KB, 640x586px) Image search: [Google]
LBX box.jpg
113KB, 640x586px
How is the Danball Senki series? I got the 3DS version of the first game and it's become one of my favorites for the system. I mostly want to know how W and Wars are, both the games and anime.
>>
>>14484768
I hear good things about the games, W's anime is just more of the same and Wars is its own thing which makes it better than just more of the same.

If you watch Wars I hope you pick up the special that gives the show a more satisfying ending.
>>
File: achilies.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
achilies.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
>>14484790
I'll be sure to. I'm watching the first anime just to be thorough. I'm also hoping that W and Wars can get ports here in the west. I'm not expecting it, since it came out the same time as Yokai-Watch, and Lv 5 seemed to put the latter at a much higher priority.

At the very least, we got a great game for the 3DS. It's basically a spiritual successor to Custom Robo.
>>
I've been meaning to pick this up since it got really cheap really fast. I understand the gameplay is more Gundam Extreme Vs. than, say, Custom Robo?
>>
File: van.jpg (22KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
van.jpg
22KB, 600x450px
>>14484874
In terms of gameplay, yeah it is closer to Extreme Vs. But the whole customization thing is very CR.

The only real issue I have with LBX's gameplay is the invincibility frames when knocked down. Sure you can use them to your advantage but when the enemy gets knocked down it just drags the fight out longer. Not to mention it fucks up combos and finishers. I can't tell you how many times I used up a charging SAR then an ally CPU knocks the grunt over right as soon as it finishes. I hear that the other two games improve on that and several other mechanics.
>>
Is there something I'm missing? I just got to after the Catacombs and it feels like there's been a fucking huge leap in difficulty with these security bots.
>>
>>14484768
Enjoyed the first game. Combat was a bit clunky in terms of movement, combos, and the knockdowns, but it was charming. Haven't played the other ones yet, but I've heard they polish up the gameplay somewhat.
The anime was fine too. Ami a cute.
>>
>>14484825
There's still 3DS games in general coming out next year, so who knows. Just hope that enough people bought it in the meantime. If all else fails, go for the PSP ports or try to get a 3DS mod.
>>
>>14484768
I wish this series got big, NOT YOKAI WATCH!
>>
I still think the riding saucer thing with a remote that moves it you can buy for the kits is the coolest shit
>>
>>14487279
That's Hino for you; he runs a new IP of his into the ground, then moves on to the next one. It's only a matter of time before Yokai Watch eventually goes down.
>>
>>14487372
At least we're getting a new Inazuma 11.
If only these games would actually sell in the US.
>>
>>14487115
That's normal. I switched Amy and Kazu's suits to heavier stuff because of all the sniper fire.
>>
File: 1466874543420.png (259KB, 1472x1544px) Image search: [Google]
1466874543420.png
259KB, 1472x1544px
Is there like a tier list of what parts and kits are the best? I don't know if I should buy things now or wait until I finish the main story.
>>
>>14488599
>not mixing parts and not making a bot on your own
if only the legs were separate parts, i would have tried to do a choryujin.

in any case your best course of action is mixing TGs parts with HG when you have the chance, and set the heaviest parts lighter. HG and TP parts also have special weapon slots (HG has one and TP has two) if you managed to get the same weapon slot in all five pieces, equiping said weapon type will increase the speed of your robot, pretty useful since TP parts are really heavy.
as for weapons, spears are bretty gud for damaging after attacking three times and then you press forward+attack, claws can let you juggle the enemy for a while, and red/yellow/blue launchers's charge shot fires a big missile whose explosion has a pretty big range, shooting that at the start of the matches can fill your chance gauge faster, since you hit three enemies at once, letting you use the special attacks quickly.
sniper riffles can be really deadly too at a distance, but you'll be fucked if your party is gone
>>
>>14484768
What is this Gundam rip-off? Tell Nintendo to fuckk off.
>>
>>14492116
>Nintendo
kek
>>
except it was done in the psp first though, the one in OP's pic is the third version of the game
>>
File: Xabungle 4.jpg (98KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
Xabungle 4.jpg
98KB, 500x705px
>>14492102
I only use full sets if they have SARs special to that kit, like Odin and Hakai-O. I'm actually trying to find parts to make a Xabungle and Galier lookalike, hopefully with Fist and Pistol/Bazooka weapon slots for it too.

As for weapons, I'm very fond of Fists, Dual Swords, and any guns with rapid fire. Launchers are good for building up the Chance Gauge fast, but in one-on-one type battles or against foes that can dodge the missiles guns are the way to go. And with dual wielding swords, you can do combos with it and your aerial attack is changed from a diving attack to a spinning attack. Awkward for attacking but gives you some more airtime. It's more for getting around easier than actual combat.
>>
Is the one in OP a good first entry for someone? Do I need 3DS connected to wifi?
>>
>>14493162
yes, it's the only one in english right now.
>>
>>14488599
Frames of the same type/rank have the same weight and hp. Only the resistances are different. Keep your weapons updated, buy frames if you think the ones you have are lagging behind. I recommend switching out all your allies with striker frames, since the AI is too stupid to dodge.

dual handguns > all, spears and daggers have a really good art. I avoided giving my allies hammers since the combo leaves you open, and the down the enemy too fast. AI snipers will wreck you later in the game.
>>
>>14484898
>The only real issue I have with LBX's gameplay is the invincibility frames when knocked down. Sure you can use them to your advantage but when the enemy gets knocked down it just drags the fight out longer. Not to mention it fucks up combos and finishers.
To be fair, this is a problem that's present in EXVS.
>>
>>14495040
All fighting games do that. To my knowledge there's a few fighting games that allow one free hit after knocking down the enemy, but if knockdown invincibility wasn't a thing, then all people would do is knock down enemies and then unload as much damage on them as they could while the enemy was stunned from the knockdown.
>>
>>14495068
The problem with EXVS though is that knockdown lasts way too long.
>>
>>14495248
It's intentional, I think. Gives your ally time to come over and punish the enemy waiting for you to get up?
>>
Gamewise, W improves the gameplay a ton in pretty much every possible way, but it runs like total shit and people may be put off by the board-game like dungeons because they look and are cheap as fuck, but they honestly have better dungeon design than the first game's dungeons. The PSP/Vita version is also missing the LBX Encyclopedia, but the 3DS one has it again and with tons of concept and official art.

Wars combat is basically W with a few improvements--a C-Gague shared among the team that goes up to 15, Multi-Gimmick Sacks letting you swap between more than just two weapons and even unique ones like the Fuuma Shuriken, and roller skating dash with some leg parts like those on Dot Phasor--but then it's wrapped up in this really weak RTS framing and mission structure which gets really tedious. Combat comes into play in that you can take direct control of skirmishes which is far more practical than actually playing it in RTS mode. Customization is also dumbed down a lot, there's no Core Box and all traits are built with the parts as you make them, with some being exclusive to certain parts namely super Modes unlike W letting you give anything the Modes through Core Box. Overworld is like a Layton game, in fact it literally uses the 3DS Layton engine for it. But it's also really small.
>>
>>14493162
>Do I need 3DS connected to wifi?
no wifi battle mode, only local, sequel has it though
conecting to the internet unlocks stuff for you to buy later, as well as extra quests, and let you use some of the passwords below
also in case people needed it, here's the password list for the american version of the game, it unlocks kits and really strong weapons but you need to buy them at the main shop, and certain weapons are only operable if you are in a certain rank, so i reccomend you using these only after clearing the game you will need all the help you can get to pass that fucking ranking battle mode, since the stats of these thing are really high, using them during the story would cheese it really fast

HIghn3$$ - Sapphire Queen (SET)
D3M0NiZ3 - HG Heaven's Edge
INCharg3 - Emperor (SET)
dUaLp0k3 - HG Retaliator
j0k30nm3 - Harlequin (SET)
d0miNat3 - HG Rifle of Doom
Cu7ab0v3 - HG Destroy-blade
4Im5H007 - HG AMB Rifle
kuNaI807 - Kunoichi (SET)
NInJa807 - Shinobi (SET)
kICk8u77 - HG Hope Stilettos
DrkniGH7 - Xenon (SET)
PiNp0in7 - HG Huntsman Rifle
4x3grIND - HG Battle-Ax
8igs7iCK - HG Xenon Halberd
tr0jaN$P - Trooper SP (SET)
ChaiN$aW - Destroyer Z (SET)
Fir3ClaW - HG Burn Knuckles
HaMm3r3d - HG Titania
GunGuard - HG Scattergun
80w57aff - AX-00 (SET)
4rmu53lf - HG In-bit Arms
marKsd0g - Hunter (SET)
d3M0Li$h - Destroyer (SET)
H3eL8L0k - HG Achilles Lance
8aDDr3am - Nightmare (SET)
H331P41n - Achilles (SET)
alFa7H3r - Odin (SET)
LazrdaGr - HG Kodachi
hoLyh3Ir - White Empress (SET)
r0805aUr - G-Lex (SET)
w0LFGUnr - Fenrir (SET)
op3nD80x - Pandora (SET)

and if someone can read jap here's a wikia
http://www47.atwiki.jp/danball-senki/pages/89.html
>>
Do I need to understand moon to play W?
>>
>>14495447
Wait a sec, they included concept and official art of all the LBX?
How does that work?
>>
File: 1462635983597.png (218KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1462635983597.png
218KB, 512x384px
I've got a hacked 3DS now. Played this game when it came out but it looks like we wont be getting it's sequel's any time soon.

I think I could go find the Japanese versions of W and WARS but how playable are they in jap?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (473KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
473KB, 1000x600px
>>14496720
>Shinobi
sorry it was Jiraiya, not Shinobi.
it also unlocks another sword, sadly it necessary to pass rank S+ in ranking battle to use the weapon
>>
File: IMG_0238[1].jpg (195KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0238[1].jpg
195KB, 960x720px
OP here. I've been playing through the game and making custom setups for the characters I do intend to use. I just want to see what you guys think, and also to think of custom names for them.

Here's the first one. I especially like this one. It was difficult finding pieces that matched the color scheme and had the pistol weapon slot. What would be a good name for this one?
>>
File: IMG_0239[1].jpg (259KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0239[1].jpg
259KB, 960x720px
The second one. I really like the Ruby Queen head. They need to make more human-like LBX head pieces.
>>
And the last one for now. I'm just using the Hornet leg part as a place holder until I can find a leg piece that can work. If I can get a white Pandora leg piece with both Fist and Rifle weapon slots, then it'll be perfect.
>>
File: IMG_0240[1].jpg (261KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0240[1].jpg
261KB, 960x720px
>>14502437
Oops. Forgot pic.
>>
Binge played a bunch of LBX but finally lost steam (and got other games ayyyy) around having to talk to the five disciples or whatever. About how much game do I have left?
>>
Runemaster here, played the entire franchise on the 3DS and it's become one of my favorite /m/ franchises. Haven't watched the anime though.

W improves the gameplay a whole lot and makes it more fluid, but frame rate takes a pretty big hit. It's a non-issue if you own a modded N3DS though.

Designs are god tier and some of the new characters are very likeable. It adds some new ideas and is filled to the brim with content. Story isn't all that good and because the game takes place in several countries over the world areas feel kind of lifeless sometimes.

The third game, Wars, takes the game in a whole different direction moving further from the open world JRPG feel and turns it into a crappy SRPG. You navigate the island on which the game takes place using 2D menus and a cursor and there are no 3D models of the characters at all, just portraits. The battle gameplay is the best out of the entire franchise but the fact you need to go through the SRPG parts to get to the battle gameplay really harms the game.

Story goes full retard and the characters are nowhere near as likeable. At least you get to recruit a LOT of different characters to use in your army.

Designs live up to the high standard of the series with some really unique bots.

>>14484898
Non-issue with W and Wars. One of the reasons the games feel way more fluid.

>>14502435
>>14502442
These look good, man.
>>
I cannot manage to beat that harlequin guy who splits into 3 people you have to fight 1v3. It seems bafflingly way harder than anything else up till now.
>>
File: Joker.png (117KB, 368x351px) Image search: [Google]
Joker.png
117KB, 368x351px
>>14502485
You're about 2/3 in now, the Master Otaku chapter being Ch. 8 out of 12 chapters. There's still the Electronica Tournament assuming you haven't beaten that yet, then a few more battles before the chapter's over.

>>14502497
LBX is actually what got me into mecha. I got the game when it came out because I wanted to play something different, and I fell in love with LBX. Hakai-O/Destroyer is easily my favorite LBX of the first game. I'm really hoping we get the 3DS ports here in the states so that I can try the rest of the series out. And as far as the anime goes, it's pretty much the same as the games. Hell, this game is basically a better version of the dub on Nick. Same VAs but without the censorship or the cutting the series in half.

>>14502499
Dak Sendo. Yeah, the Joker fight is pretty tough. About half way in you'll get a plot buff so just try to tough it out until then. Just focus on one at a time and dash out if they start surrounding you. You should alter your setup to make yourself lighter. Lances are ridiculous in this game. I forget if the Dragoon Staff is available at this point, but I would recommend you use that. Or the Burn Knuckles. Anything that can inflict Overheat is godly in this game.
>>
File: 1417925795057.jpg (41KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
1417925795057.jpg
41KB, 374x374px
>Watch anime
>Otacross likes Ami because she's cute
>Play localized game
>He likes Ami's earmuffs because they're cute and he's an earmuff enthusiast
>>
File: thinking noises.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
thinking noises.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>14502530
>change just about everyone's full names to english ones
>only changes Ban's to Van
>>
>>14502530
>>14502548
Dentsu are nonsensical when it comes to censorship. If they weren't involved, at least XSEED would get to leave the names alone.
>>
>>14484768
good game, bullshit postgame. I hope you have friends, because the Ura-Ranking battles are IMPOSSIBLE to solo unless you cheat like a bastard. love the boss fights though.

I heard W gets rid of that "Weapon Affinity" thing that makes grinding parts a chore, and binds them to the pilot instead. I hope that's the case...I also hope the game gets rebalanced so Hammer/Spear isn't the only setup you're allowed to use.
>>
>>14495040
the thing is, in Baku Boost, they blink for a bit after they've gotten up.

in Extreme vs, the moment your feet touch the ground, get fucked.
>>
>>14484768
I'm a big fan of SD gundams, but I hated this shit. It's fun but only for a very limited time.
>>
>>14502581
I'm not even upset about the name changes. I just wonder why Ban's name was only changed slightly. Van isn't even an English name, or if it is certainly not a common one.

I will admit that Van Yamato sounds a bit better than Ban Yamato. It just rolls off the tongue a little better.
>>
>>14502548
why the fuck was Jin named Justin?
Why Odysseus instead of Perseus?
what the fuck was wrong with Hakai-O?
>>
>>14502530
this entire sequence confused the shit out of me. also that bit about his Vocaloid buff dude...that change was also pretty cringe.
>>
>>14502600
Yeah, it's the kind of name change that's only somewhat odd but acceptable to an extent, like in Ape Escape 3 (Satoru and Sayaka to Kei and Yumi?).
>>
>>14502600
Van doesn't exist as a name in Japanese due to no v sound so that's what the change for.

Personally I liked to think his mom is French American and his dad Jap.
>>
>>14502497
W works with HANS or whatever the thing was called? That's good to hear if I ever get my hands on a modded N3DS.
>>
File: Achilles D9 (1).jpg (104KB, 1000x622px) Image search: [Google]
Achilles D9 (1).jpg
104KB, 1000x622px
Any chance they will translate the second game?
>>
File: buffed trooper.jpg (818KB, 1408x1056px) Image search: [Google]
buffed trooper.jpg
818KB, 1408x1056px
>>14502583
i already have a hard time on S+ rank in the normal ranked battles, in fact i managed to pass it just because i unlocked W Van and didn't change his lance and finally started using items other than the healing kits, like the attack boost ones. so how bullshit are the rules there?
> I hope you have friends
i doubt i could even unlock the black achilles armor, i got the game around november and since then i haven't found anyone playing it, not even a simple street pass
but i think i will probably make it though, i managed to S-rank custom peace walker in metal gear on my psp alone, so bullshit battles are already something i tend to play.

btw did you have any pics of a red gekkoumarou? i wanted to make a gurren lagann themed lbx since a dude in one of the quests gungir striked me in the ass, and that head is the closest in the game to make one
>>
>>14505728
>so how bullshit are the rules there?

30,000 HP enemies. Super Armor all the time. they all have three Full-heals. EACH.

your HP caps at about 4500-4750, and that's TG, mind you...they can kill you in a matter of a single combo. or 2 hammer swings, because EVERYONE uses fucking hammers and Rifles.

the boss fights are fun as hell though, so if you can't be bothered to grind your perfect TGs to lv200, cheat that, and cheat enough so you can play the boss fights.

I managed to get to Ura Rank 19 before I cheated because seriously. FUCK. strongest weapons. Max level LBXs. got FUCKED in a matter of 2-3 hits.because Fuck you, our hammers do 2500 damage a hit. yours does 200 damage a hit.
>>
File: 1453014469118.jpg (75KB, 480x533px) Image search: [Google]
1453014469118.jpg
75KB, 480x533px
>>14505777
>they all have three Full-heals. EACH.
oh boy
>>
File: 1461201467654.jpg (10KB, 239x221px) Image search: [Google]
1461201467654.jpg
10KB, 239x221px
>>14502530
>build the "legendary lbx"
>"it's ...a cheerleader?"
that chapter and the tournament was great
>>
>>14505795
do mind, the game is EXPLICITLY cheating by having NINE full-heals.

Players can only have 3. 1 per unit. 6 if you use 3 All-Heal Fulls.

Oh. and do mind, CPU controlled characters don't have batteries to run out. or C-Gauges to fill.

you literally need to drain the last 25% of their HP in one go, or they go to full. Double-Sword is good for juggling, but you run the risk of a dying battery. and having to choose between Gar Guard (75% def boost) or Spirit of Mjilonir (1.5-ishx damage+Super Armor).

oh, and let's not forget that your AI partners are dumb as bricks and can't fight for shit.
>>
>>14505820
how the fuck can a game fall apart so horrifically in its last few hours?!
>>
>>14505820
before reaching S+, my party carried 3 medium heals, one team heal at max and another at medium each (giving me 15 heals), but with enemies wrecking my shit i disposed the medium team heal, adding the attack boost L and M for each one (since i can't use Z except for unlimited battles)

>oh, and let's not forget that your AI partners are dumb as bricks and can't fight for shit.
indeed, i switch to solo during the sudden death battles in S+ rank and used the attack boost to give me a chance.
guess i will have quite the ride once i reach rank 1. i suppose the ura ranking is the second "????" option, but what is the other one? harder boss battles?
>>
File: 1443819976168.png (409KB, 643x473px) Image search: [Google]
1443819976168.png
409KB, 643x473px
>>14505777
>>14505820
I'm not sure I want to finish this game anymore.
>>
>>14505823
To be fair it's optional content.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.