[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mekton: What do you love?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (68KB, 757x307px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 757x307px
/m/, I need to know everything you love about the Mekton franchise. Preferably in a list, ranking not important. Try to focus on your good memories.

Did you drill through a steel wall? Duel with laser pistols? Outwit an enemy pilot? Stop an alien invasion? Show up a hot-headed rookie?

Can't tell you anything, but help me help you.

I might not always post, but I'm always listening.
>>
>>14481434
Man, the Mekton Zero marketing team is really active for people who don't have a product to sell.
>>
>>14481434
Ran a game about idols and MISUNDERSTANDINGS
>>
>>14481434
I have nothing but bad memories of my first try running Mekton

Players making either unkillable armored tanks or unhittable VFs

Assholery like "my funnels fire a warning shot at the president of my nation because lol im so random"

The unbelievable salt when I killed the "invincible" shield stacking mech by firing 100 1K AP micromissiles (50 each from two linked launchers) at it and critting spectacularly

It was my first time GMing

I would say I am sorry to the players for it being a bland yet pretentious Gundam ripoff full of railroading and awful GMing but I'm not because they were cunts who cheated at Warmachine
>>
On the other hand the recent game of Battle Century G I ran was fucking excellent, a horrible dysfunctional mix of Linebarrels and Gundam filled with mecha injokes

>players decide the sickly girl called Shoko having a supply of pills in her drawer and a melodramatic cough is nothing to worry about
>"let's tell this moody Ayato kid his parents died in suspicious circumstances regarding a JSDF black op and then not bother to explain more, wait why is he stealing a mech and running away"
>OG versions of Vardant vs Shinkirou
>last moment gattai to take on a Cima homage piloting not-Linebarrel
>the USS Carl Vinson gets destroyed
>>
>>14481680

I'm trying to set up a BCG game for my first time ever GMimg.

The players are running a super robot found beneath a mountain, not-Gundam and not-zeta Gundam respectively.

I've got some pretty good ideas for enemies and a plot, but I'm not sure if I'm confident in my ability to, you know, actually run the game.

Like from what I understand, BCG is typically meant for one or two big fights near the end of the session broken up by a lot of character interaction and talking and stuff.

So how do I make that stuff actually interesting?
>>
Hurry the fuck up with mekton zero already you fucks. I swear it feels like its been five fucking years since that kick-starter and you're still not fucking done. Is it possible to get my money back, fuck I regret pledging anything to one of those scams.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
OP here.

Not the marketing team, btw. I'm also not Maximum Mike. Part of the reason I'm here (and not on Reddit) is because I'm trying to keep this 20% covert.

I've been trying to find the core experience of mekton for reasons I can't tell you. Not my call to make.

I guess what I'm trying to ask you all is: "What makes Mekton gameplay unique?" I figured I'd filter the answer to that question out of your experiences, and so far I've come to understand some core truths about the franchise. The importance of its Macross influence, for example. But I need more data. Anyone else feel like submitting to my brain mining operation?

I appreciate your commentary, as always. I mean, why would I be here if I didn't want your feedback.

I'll check this thread again tonight, and follow up with you all here with another thread sometime later this week. Thanks, guys.
>>
Missed a game this sunday because of work. Right now we're playing a very late UC game with nanomachines, son and I'm a young diplomat. We have another game with almost the same people set during the OYW, which is on haitus, and we're a squad of horrific custom Zakus (and a Dom, and a one-armed Gouf prototype with a Zanny head). We're fighting bureaucracy and prototypes and soon, perhaps the White Base.
>>
>>14481434
The first thing that comes to mind are those bits of flavor text that ended with someone getting hit in the head with a wrench.
A mek with six arms because somebody got a bulk deal on beam sabers, a roadstriker that transformed into a soda machine that even gave change, all that shit.

The second thing to come to mind was my gearhead buddy from high school. We used to do one-on-one deathmatches with scratchbuilt meks. We'd decide on a CP cost, then each of us would go nuts on a design. We used the hexmap that came with the old battletech box set (this whole thing was the evolution of quick-built 200 ton lance battles) and passed little slips of paper to the referee about which hex we were in and which way we moved until one of us spotted the other and gave away our position by attacking, at which point we'd set markers on the map and duke it out.
No story, just design vs design and attempted ambushes.

Also all those hours I spent trying to figure out if the cyberlimbs in Cyberpunk were built as 2 Kill 1/6 scale or 6 Kill 1/10 scale with the cybernetic linkage taking up a space. The math for SP and SDP worked either way so I was never quite sure. No one cared about this but me, of course.

Also that time I decided I was going to build Megaman X complete with Command Armor and every last weapon from all 6 games that existed at the time. My roomie basically bribed me into getting into the games by telling me that if I beat all 6 he'd help me work out all the stats, but then he backed out on it because TOO MANY NUMBERS.
>>
>>14482191
>"What makes Mekton gameplay unique?"
It's hands-down the most inclusive "build whatever" game engine. The only thing with a wider range of possibility is GURPS, but its boiling everything down to advantages and disadvantages made everything too vague. Mekton was a concise set of rules that let you build everything from a bicycle to a fleet of space battleships.
Also the lifepath system was a really great way to get beginner/intermediate POWERLEVEL gamers to start making up stories for their characters instead of everyone just being "new recruit looking to be the best" or "SLAUGHTERDEATH, LAST OF THE BLOODMURDER NINJAS"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.