[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guin did nothing wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

>Aids main characters in their journey to the moon
>helps facilitate negotiations
>Always has a plan
>outward lover of traps
>betrays main characters for the advancement of of earth (to catch up to the moon)
>keeps his enemies close and plans to gain public favor through schemes
>drops his girlfriend in attempts to get the trap
>fails but instead ends up with a space loli at the end
>>
the betrayal seemed out of left field, was he fed up with the militia's lack of ambition or something?
>>
>>14479017
He basically saw a chance to become the Earth's leader for the next technological leap.
>>
>>14479017
He was always an industrialist.

When we actually saw the contents of the Dark History it must have lit a fire in his pants.
>>
His mistake was thinking Gym would be manageable.
>>
So besides Guin most of the Couples are intact.

Except Sochie, who lost the Loran bowl.

Are we to believe that Dianna is living out the rest of her life in that shack with loran? In than case did they fugg?
>>
>>14479010
I just wanted to say that every time I pass by this thread, I keep reading the beginning of it as "Aids man," and have a chuckle at Guin's expense.
>>
>>14479140
they fugg and made babbies.
in my mind.
>>
>>14479017
It never seemed out of left field to me, some of his first scenes was trying to get as many weapons as possible before meeting the moon people. The entire show he was trying to find bigger and better guns.
>>
>>14479175
>Guin "Aids Man" Lineford
My new nickname for him.
>>
>>14479140
No,i don't even think Loran sees Diana in a romantic light.

To me Loran did love Sochie but his duties to his queen came first than his love life.

Also, Diana was implied to not have long. give her a few years before she croaks.
>>
>>14479907

She wasn't really, but it's not like that'll prevent people saying otherwise.

> But she said she couldn't be as energetic that one time
> That totally means she's dying, because that's the only possible conclusion to a statement that vague
> Oh, and she used a walking stick in the finale
> While walking through the countryside
> With snow all over the ground
> That was the only reason she came to Earth, so she could die in peace
> No, it isn't. Disregarding that she never implies anything like that during the show, she openly says it's because the Moonrace was only ever a temporary thing while Earth recovered and the return is implied to be because she didn't want people to have to live in an oppressive place like the Moon where any mistake costs lives and most of the population has to be in cryosleep because there's no resources, space or jobs for them
> We actually see something like this, with a mother being younger than her daughter because of cryogenic freezing, which is implied to be normal during the scene
> Diannafag
> I have to cate about shipping to think any of that

Does that about cover it?
>>
>>14479997
>because of cryogenic freezing, which is implied to be normal during the scene

I'm sure the show also said that she used the cryogenic freezing more than anyone else, hundreds of years at a time, and that that was why her body is weaker
>>
>>14480027

It said she used it a lot and she couldn't be as energetic because of it, but that's it. It's a big leap from that to dying. And Corin was in it longer than anyone, linger than Moonrace records according to Dianna, and he's the physically fittest person in the show. His problems are mental, not physical.
>>
File: rugal-c2.jpg (779KB, 1260x1600px) Image search: [Google]
rugal-c2.jpg
779KB, 1260x1600px
>>14479010
In that pic, Guin remind me to Rugal Bernstein from KOF
>>
>>14479010

Being a TRAITOR AND HOMO WHORE aside, he was naive enough to think he can keep a bunch of space chunni samurais under his control. It would be meaningless to rule the world if said world became in ruins and covered in nanomachines again
>>
>>14479010
So, do they become pirates?

Or does he snake his was into Europes high society and start an arms buildup there and the cycle continues?
>>
>>14479198

I remember an album cover for one of the Turn A OSTs. It included a little dark skined girl with white hair that looked suspiciously like a younger Sochie. As well, she was holding a little White Doll in a dress

Make of that what you will.
>>
>>14480372

Him and Lily's conversation all but confirmed his plan was to go somewhere else and try the same thing again. He's unlikely to ever have nearly as much access to tech as he had in show though.
>>
>>14479140
http://pastebin.com/yv7BPMnj
>Loran leaves with Diana, but it's stated that Diana is living on borrowed time, and he promises to come back to Sochie's side, where he belongs.
>>
File: M8Vmb.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
M8Vmb.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
>>14480405

Here it is. I was wrong about the hair, but the resemblance to Sochie and Loran is still there

I found this image pretty neat, but I have no desire to start or add to a Sochie/Danniel flamewar.
>>
>>14480428

> Using Super Robot Wars as any kind of proof
>>
>>14480065
Length doesn't matter, it's the frequency

Dianna only got out for a little bit at a time every few hundreds of years, and did so for a long time. Being frozen, thawed, and refrozen is bad for your body.

One day I'll rewatch the series and get screencaps to use against the autist who insists Dianna is fine
>>
>>14480428
>Using SRW as a source for something that happens in series.

No anon.
>>
>>14480472

> Length doesn't matter, it's the frequency

Assumption. When you don't find any evidence in the show are you going to say so too? Literally all Dianna ever says is she can't be as energetic.

>>14480494

It doesn't happen though. Still, it's weird that people think Sochie is okay with being a second choice to duty. Or that she couldn't just live with them if Loan wanted her too, because retainers never have family apparently. Despite Sochie's own family retainers being married.
>>
>>14480434
She missed Loran so much she created Turn A Gunpla to attract him back. When he didn't come she blacked up to look more like him. She pretends her darkened hands are his caressing her body.
>>
File: Thats_No_Good.jpg (21KB, 328x301px) Image search: [Google]
Thats_No_Good.jpg
21KB, 328x301px
>>14480585

Come on now...
>>
Best Char clone isn't very much like char at all.

This is how I would prefer gundam series do the "Masked Man' thing.
>>
>>14481146
Yeah I though he was going to be a boring character but he was actually pretty based
>>14480513
Doesn't the ending implies that Sochie is trying to forget Loran? She throw his fish thing away and scream like a retard wich she also did for the first guy who died
>>
Dianna was dying. This is why she switched. She wanted to live out the rest of her days on Earth, in Will Game's home, wearing his ring. Loran chose to spend the rest of her days with her, watching over and taking care of her. They sleep in separate chambers. They weren't having a romantic relationship. Her condition is alluded to numerous times early in the series, and you can see her moving about with a cane in the last few scenes of the series. She's done.

>>14481146
Harry was a Quattro. I love him.
>>
>>14483344

> in Will Game's home

It's not his house

> wearing his ring

He never gives her a ring

> her condition is alluded to numerous times early in the series

No, it isn't. If it is though, you'll have no trouble listing a few. Or even just one.
>>
>>14483489
Not him, but Dianna was wearing a ring at the end of the show (and it certainly wasn't for Loran). I dont remember her obtaining a ring from Will but it isn't hard to believe that she's wearing it for him.

And I think the cane alone is indication enough that she's getting weaker/dying. They were vague about how the constant hypersleep affects her.
>>
File: kihel.jpg (101KB, 712x534px) Image search: [Google]
kihel.jpg
101KB, 712x534px
>Becomes Queen of the moon
>Get's the Harry D

so we all agree that Kiehl won the show right?
>>
>>14483988
Why the hell are those sleeves so droopy?
>>
>>14484026

so she can pull her arms into them.
>>
>>14479010

Tomino decided he would be the devil's advocate in the last seven episodes.

Katejina's last minute character development is the same boat. Tomino just does not know how to write a consistent antagonist unless it's Char.
>>
>>14483988

She was wearing a ring and whoevers it was, it wasn't and couldn't be Wills - because the show confirms he didn't give her one. Before he leaves he says he'll propose when he gets back and she days she accept. Then he leaves. And dies on the journey. She goes back to the Moon after that and they never meet again. It's also not in the house when they go there, since the box she gets only contains a picture negative and a feather. No ring.

Also, I don't know if you come from a cold place, or the countryside - but use of w cane in both regardless of the person's physical condition is normal. Someone walking in snow using one is completely so.
>>
I don't think Loran had genuine romantic interest for anyone in the show.
>>
> Turn A thread about Guin
> Quickly turns in to an ending Dianna thread because someone mentioned her and Sochie.

Is this a meme yet? Do we have a convenient image macro to describe this?
>>
>>14484711

It's because it's one of the mysteries left to talk about in the show I suppose. A lot of stuff is clearly wrapped up in the show so conversation tends to gravitate towards the few things not cleanly finished. It's the same reason why conversation during UC threads tends to gravitate toward Zeon/Fed stuff or Char.
>>
>>14484051
No, it makes sense. He wanted advanced technology, and the power it would give him, from the beginning. When he saw Diana was too afraid of it, he went with Gym.
>>
>>14484774

It wasn't even so much that Dianna was afraid of it I think, so much as that Gym was eager to produce and use all possible technology as quickly as possible so as to make a fun new war to rekindle people's spirits. He knew Gym would offer greater access to the one thing he wanted, where Dianna didn't care about at least some technology, was happy to lock it away and just wanted to create a new space for the Moonrace and ensure co-existence.

And yea, I think it makes total sense. He spends the whole series going after technology. Even in episode one he's negotiating via radio with the Moonrace, wanting to give land for greater technology - though he doesn't realize the extent of the Moonrace's superiority in that regard. Lily explains in one of the later episodes that she completely understands Guin's reasons and even shares some of his goals, like leading, but she doesn't condone his methods. It's there she differs.
>>
>>14480513
>Literally all Dianna ever says is she can't be as energetic.

And you're just taking things at face value here. Are you the type of autist that is shocked when a character, who has been injured tells his friends that he's fine, only to collapse later?
"WTF HE SAID HE WAS FINE WHY DID HE COLLAPSE SHIT WRITING YOU'RE JUST ASSUMING HE'S HURT"
There's something like reading between the lines, which you don't seem to be able to.
>>
>>14485909

Yea, I mean she was winded. All she did was run down a road normally reserved for cars and mobile suits. And it's the only time she gets tired in the entire show. Surely that combined with "I can't be energetic" is code for "I'm dying".
>>
>>14484711
>no image of sochie furiously defending the short-lived dianna theory on /m/
Times like this make me wish I could draw.
>>
>>14485938

What was the theory?
>>
>>14485942
Well it's not really a theory, I was just referring to the posts you see here about her death being inferred by the show. It's fun to imagine these posters as angry Sochies.
>>
>>14485967

Oh right. I wouldn't call it short lived personally. I thought you meant something fun like that one guy who was sure Dianna was pregnant because there was a lump near her stomach when she's in bed in the finale. Wasn't even her stomach, it was a curve near her thighs or something if I recall.
>>
>>14485982
Was it her dick?
>>
>>14484024
Yeah, won the show by really not doing much besides "Be dianna" which is kind of sad when you think about it.

Wonder if Harry even gets to have a child with her since she's the new Queen right now.
>>
>>14487595
She's the queen, if she wants to marry him I'm sure she's allowed. It's not like we saw any other royalty in the series for her to be arranged with.
>>
what would it take guin to make loran his willing sex slave
>>
>>14485909
There's also such a thing as reading into things that don't exist, like people like you are doing. All the examples you lot like to bring up has been debunked before like the walking cane thing >>14484236

And as said by >>14485927 it's a stretch. Normal healthy people have used the 'I'm not as energetic line' before as well. The Macross DYRL bit about Misa zipping up scene to imply they had sex is subtext. This one isn't.
>>
>>14488659
If only HE found/saved loran first instead of Hiems.

He'd be Laura and a fuckboi for the rest of his life. Maybe Joseph would have been the one to find/pilot the Turn A.
>>
>>14488756
Didn't he shoot the animal that was chasing Loran? His own fault for not landing his airship right there to pick him up.

Loran was the only one to know what a cockpit even was, it would be more likely Dianna's soldiers would recover the Turn A before the earthrace could figure out how to move it.
>>
>>14484051
>unless it's Char.
>what is CCA
>>
Despite being pretty one note with "Muh genes! I'm tired of simulations give me war" I think Gym is one of the better Gundam Antagonists.

>even as Moonlight butterly's are fucking up the environment around him he still challenges Loran to a sword fight in the middle of it

Gotta admire that dedication.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.