[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did anyone buy this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: why dino mech in the title.png (1MB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
why dino mech in the title.png
1MB, 706x1000px
So did anyone buy this?
>>
Yes. Bought it from Rightstuf.
It is nice.
>>
>>14477620
So the monster from ep 11/12/13, is it Devil Jaguar or Devil Shaga? How are the dino mechs spelled?
>>
>>14477634
I'm up to episode 4.
>>
>>14477610
I had no idea Gaiking carried a baseball team with him
>>
>>14477610
I almost bought it from Discotek's booth at AX, ended up buying Devil Man's box set and the Blu-Ray for Venus Wars instead
>>
>>14477953
Venus Wars blu rays we're gone by the time I got there though I did blu ray for Getter Robo Armageddon it's so fucking crisp
>>
>>14477953
>>14478409
>tfw got into AX for free but had no idea who or what booths were there and I ended up missing out on nearly $1000 worth of merchandise that I would've bought
>>
>>14478409
were you looking around on Day 4, cause that's when I bought them(also the Getter Blu-Rays were tempting I'll admit, wish Discotek would hurry up and get the rights for the rest of the Toei Go Nagai series already)

>>14479416
well there's always next year(honestly if you get the tickets early enough AX is a fantastic way to kill 4-5 days for a relatively low price, although if you're staying at a hotel the price obviously goes up by a fair bit), also if you have a Convention Guide on hand, they have a section that lists all the vendors which also states which aisle they're in, and since each aisle has a big sign hanging from the ceiling listing which one it is, it's actually pretty easy to find a stand if you know it's name
>>
>>14477610
I fucking wish. I don't have the money for it right now, but I want it so bad.

>>14477634
>Devil Jaguar or Devil Shaga

Jaguar.

It's also what Kill Jaguar is based on, sort of.
>>
>>14478409
Armageddon's on Blu Ray? I thought they dropped they and went with a standard def release instead. Which unfortunately still has ADV's inaccurate subs.
>>
>>14480712
>Which unfortunately still has ADV's inaccurate subs.
As far as I know, Discotek aren't translators, since they generally just spell check whatever scripts that get sent to them (which tends to backfire when JP companies send them bad ones). It is nice that Reed Nelson helps for their Lupin releases though.
>>
>>14480712
>Which unfortunately still has ADV's inaccurate subs.
What's inaccurate about ADV's subs?
>>
>>14480770
Getting Gore and Burai's names wrong for a start. Calling Getter Liger "Ryger" as another notable one. They aren't TOO inaccurate for the most part, the problem with them is that they're really fucking awkwardly worded and unnatural sounding. Like sub-70s Dubbed into English Hong Kong Marital Arts film tier awkward. Their Mazinkaiser subs suffer form a similar problem, but those ones even flub attack names.

>>14480727
They've paid for translations before. Toei Mazinger Z was an entirely new translation, and I think they paid for translations of Fist of the North Star TV. It's their rereleases of already licensed shows that just recycle old subs. Teyande is the only case I know of where they used the subs the Japanese company sent them and they turned out to be incorrect.
>>
>>14482162
>Like sub-70s Dubbed into English Hong Kong Marital Arts film tier awkward
https://youtu.be/cb0K-XZUQaQ
AKA Clash of the Bionoids-tier
>>
>>14482162
>I think they paid for translations of Fist of the North Star TV

Possibly, although the various infelicities I noticed when I watched the DVDs two years ago were of the same sort that I detected in the Funimation stream five years prior. Don't know if they're the same ones though.
>>
>>14482162
>>14482430
In any case, something went wrong for the movie, which had to get released twice.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.