[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sayaka Is The OG Mecha Pilot And Deserves Some Respect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 16

File: Determined_Sayaka_Shin.jpg (117KB, 480x262px) Image search: [Google]
Determined_Sayaka_Shin.jpg
117KB, 480x262px
Reminder that although Sayaka Yumi is regulated to the role of sidekick, she's been piloting giant robots longer than anybody else in the entire history of the medium. She was piloting Aphrodite A before Koji even stepped into Mazinger's cockpit. In fact, in both the original anime and manga, she literally taught Koji everything he knows about piloting. Because of that, I think it's really unfortunate that she's mostly just shit on in the actual shows she's in. Although SRW games give her shit piloting stats, I like to think she's a good pilot that's held back by a badly built robot and not being the protagonist.

So yeah, Mazinger/Sayaka thread I guess.
>>
File: 1243090077371.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1243090077371.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>14473851
>Reminder that although Sayaka Yumi is regulated to the role of sidekick, she's been piloting giant robots longer than anybody else in the entire history of the medium. She was piloting Aphrodite A before Koji even stepped into Mazinger's cockpit. In fact, in both the original anime and manga, she literally taught Koji everything he knows about piloting.

10/10 respect
>>
>>14473851
She did make a lot of dumb decisions.

>My first missile didn't even chip the kikaiju's paint? Surely the second will blow it to smithereens!
>No missiles left? No problem! Today will be the day I surpass Mazinger Z!
>I got a new robot with a beam attack that's actually useful for something? Better not use it in situations where it might help
>>
I'm not the biggest fan of Mazinkaiser SKL but one of the things I really liked about it was the female support robot managed to be a badass for a change.
>>
File: mazinger-angels-manga_1871.jpg (207KB, 680x994px) Image search: [Google]
mazinger-angels-manga_1871.jpg
207KB, 680x994px
>>14473851
No worries, Mazinger Angels does more than compensate for this.
>>
>>14473919
well the original Mazinger Angels, Z is kinda garbage
>>
>>14473892

Yuuki was great.
>>
File: Great-Mazinger.png (528KB, 634x1232px) Image search: [Google]
Great-Mazinger.png
528KB, 634x1232px
>>14473883
I like to blame that on the writers/Go Nagai.
>>
>>14474036

well...yeah. It's always the writer's fault.
>>
>>14474036
More like the times. Even having a woman pilot well without jobbing was a hard sell back then (especially for Toei).
>>
She's useful a couple of times in the 2nd half of the Toei anime, but generally it's Kouji that figures out everything and she just has to shoot.
>>
I admire her tenacity but 99% of the time she just makes a bad situation worse by ending up needing a rescue.

You'd think at a certain point her dad would just stop fucking building her crappy robots.
>>
>>14474131
It really doesn't take long to realize that Professor Yumi is kind of a terrible scientist in comparison to the Kabutos. Really all he can do is hold down the fort and repair the superior creations of the Kabutos. I wouldn't even be surprised if the vehicle Koji made in Grendizer is stronger than anything Prof. Yumi's made.
>>
>>14474147
In the Toei anime he does make the weapons that can slice through super alloy Z, which is pretty good. But, yeah, in every other continuity Yumi is pretty useless.
>>
>>14474147
Are you forgetting about the Great Mazinger or trying to discredit it? Yumi may not be a super genius, but he's excellent at tuning and refining stuff that work. There's a brutal efficiency to Great that the original Mazinger just doesn't have.
>>
>>14474147
You say that, but without all the powerups Mazinger got, it would have probably been destroyed at some point or another

What he actually is is a terrible fucking father. He can't keep his daughter from going out to fight and eventually comes to accept that fact. But the moment she comes asking for upgrades to her robot so she can actually defend herself, he starts whining about how Aphrodite A is a "symbol for peace" or some shit and apparently holds that in higher regard than his own fucking daughter.
>>
>>14473851
>she's been piloting giant robots longer than anybody else in the entire history of the medium.

Usually pretty fucking badly though.

>>14474131
>You'd think at a certain point her dad would just stop fucking building her crappy robots.

As a reminder, he was vehemently against the idea of Aphrodite A being armed with any actual degree of weaponry past missiles. Meaning that to some extent, Sayaka's shitty record is his fault.
>>
>>14474171
Did you forget that Kenzo was the one that built and upgrades Great?
>>
>>14474171
>Yumi
>built Great Mazinger

Uh, no, no he didn't. That was another Kabuto built robot.
>>
I liked how the Mazinger Z in Robot Girls Z had Sayaka's hairstyle. I dunno why the other girls didn't get that treatment. Maybe Great's supposed to be Jun, if you squint hard enough?

>jilpoong will never draw Sayaka cosplaying as Z-chan
Sometimes life is too cruel
>>
>>14474185
>>14474188
Shit, you're right. Guess Yumi is useless then.
>>
>>14474179
Which power up did Z get beyond the Scrander? And considering Great and Mazinkaiser both have Scranders too, Juzo probably made the Scrander, or in the very leaser, Prof. Yumi was just working off of Juzo's designs.
>>
>>14474214
*in the very least
>>
>>14474214
In the Toei anime, Yumi made the Scrander, and along with the three professors (and a few other random professors that would sometimes come in), they also developed:

>Mazinger's underwater propellant system and the system by which Mazinger could use its weapons underwater
>The Jet Pilder
>A number of new weapons, such as the Southern Cross Knife, Reinforced Rocket Punch, Giant Swing Rocket Punch, Drill Missiles and so on

And that's not even counting the innumerable times they had to rebuild Mazinger Z or the entire Photon Power Labs
>>
>>14474237
> rebuild Mazinger Z

Why couldn't they have just made an actual Mazinger army instead of just a bunch of jobbers with only one useful weapon each?
>>
>>14474244
Not enough Chogokin Zetto?
>>
>>14474244
Forces Dr Hell or the Mycenae or whoever to escalate their methods to keep up.

Governments might freak out about a private army of robots.

And who'd they get to pilot them all?
>>
>>14474199
the others didn't because it was probably pure coincidence. Nothing has anything to do with anything in that show
>>
>>14474258
The same goons from the Mazinger Army I'd assume.
>>
>>14474258
Oh now I don't mean a fuck ton of Mazingers. I mean just instead of the normal Mazinger Army mechs, they should have given all the pilots copies of Mazinger Z. Since they can replicate Mazinger Z.
>>
>>14474237
>In the Toei anime, Yumi made the Scrander, and along with the three professors (and a few other random professors that would sometimes come in), they also developed:

congratulations he made a rocket. something normal scientists have mastered since like the 50s
>>
>>14474282
>Oh now I don't mean a fuck ton of Mazingers.
Whysoever not?
>>
>>14474283
It's not just a rocket.

It's a remote controlled jet with moving wings that are about as thick as a sheet of paper, yet still hard enough to cut through steel thanks to being made of Super Alloy Z that's capable of lifting and interfacing with a giant robot that was never designed to interface with it, all without modifying the controls whatsoever. Additionally, it has no discernable fuel source and is also capable of launching shuriken after a further upgrade that caused no visible modifications to it whatsoever.
>>
>>14474309
Professor Yumi is that you
>>
File: Oh Hey Big Z.png (388KB, 540x441px) Image search: [Google]
Oh Hey Big Z.png
388KB, 540x441px
>>14474287
WHEN THE MAZINGER IS MASS PRODUCED WE WILL BRING AND END TO THE MYCENAE EMPIRE IN NO TIME
>>
>/m/ - not your Mazinger army
>>
File: Yumi.jpg (43KB, 193x333px) Image search: [Google]
Yumi.jpg
43KB, 193x333px
>>14474314
I... I'm sorry.

I'll let myself out.
>>
>>14474179
>What he actually is is a terrible fucking father. He can't keep his daughter from going out to fight and eventually comes to accept that fact. But the moment she comes asking for upgrades to her robot so she can actually defend herself, he starts whining about how Aphrodite A is a "symbol for peace" or some shit and apparently holds that in higher regard than his own fucking daughter.
that episode was so bad it made me stop watching the 70's anime(seriously it's one of the only times I've seen something old and sexist/racist like that make me uncomfortable instead of laugh cause most other examples of old timey racism/sexism just come off as silly to modern sensibilities)
>>
File: 1447213941729.png (418KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447213941729.png
418KB, 720x480px
>>14474424
Yeah, and don't forget the times that Yumi randomly decides to kill himself without considering his daughter's feelings whatsoever. He did this more than once. It's easy to tell why his wife left him assuming he was ever married to begin with.
>>
>>14474550

Im sure he got some arranged thing going. I mean if the show's from the 70s and he's what in his let's be generous mid 50s I bet that was all the rage when he was 20

WW2 not withstanding
>>
>>14473871
>>14473851
I'd A her Aphrodite, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>14474036

You do realize that fictional characters don't exist outside of the fiction they are in right ?
>>
>>14474616
A rape doesn't actually have to happen for a woman to be raped.
>>
File: 92 episodes in a nutshell.png (1MB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
92 episodes in a nutshell.png
1MB, 720x960px
>>
File: 1467249962035.png (1MB, 1068x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1467249962035.png
1MB, 1068x1020px
>>14473977
Yuuki a cute
>>
>>14474798
>Nena
wait what

Also is her hat not Chapeauji? Wasted potential.
>>
>>14473851
>Although SRW games give her shit piloting stats
Stop. Just fucking stop. It's a fanfic vidya game. Leave it be when discussing the content outside of the games. It sours discussion.
>>
File: Yuuki.jpg (487KB, 725x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Yuuki.jpg
487KB, 725x1500px
>>14474798

there's not near enough art of Yuuki

needs some lewds

actually come to think of it I don't really see much art in general of Nagai ladies not named Honey
>>
said it before Ill say it again

delicious Saori Hayami voice
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-04-09-34-30.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-04-09-34-30.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>14474629
He was right, you know.

After all, how could Kouji fight effectively while distracted by the fact that his close friend was running head first into danger, and in Yumi's giant metal coffin to boot.
>>
File: 05-01.jpg (947KB, 1097x1600px) Image search: [Google]
05-01.jpg
947KB, 1097x1600px
>>14473952
>Z is kinda garbage
Eh, I wouldn't be that harsh. I think the first series was a lot better in the second half than it was in the first half, and Z ended up somewhere in between. I'm sure it would have been better if the artist hadn't been forced to end it suddenly because of fucking leukemia.

I appreciate adult, hot school nurse Sayaka.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-08-06-20h48m14s388.png (419KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-08-06-20h48m14s388.png
419KB, 720x480px
>>14473871
>>
>>14474169
No, that was Morimori.
>>
Is Professor Yumi the worst dad ever?
>lets his daughter put her life in danger after she continually displays ineptitude in combat
>never has a man-to-man with Kouji about his future
>lets Kouji leave his daughter behind for some hillbilly jailbait
>>
>>14480337
I don't think you're giving Sayaka her combat credit. For most of the series she fought hard and tried her best in a machine that was had only one weapon and that usually didn't work.
>>
People may say that Sayaka jobs a lot, but everyone who isn't Kouji does anyway. Sayaka does better than Boss and performs about as well as Great Mazinger in Mazinkaiser. Sayaka stronk. Respect the wobot.
>>
>>14480587
Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll succeed.
>>
>>14473851
Wouldn't that be Tetsujin's pilot?
>>
File: 1343078378335.jpg (49KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1343078378335.jpg
49KB, 720x480px
>>14480740
>>
>>14475334
SRW omega?
>>
>>14480337
He didn't turn Sayaka into a combat cyborg without her permission so he's still doing better than the dad from Jeeg imo
>>
>>14480616
I think she does about as well as Boss in the show. In Mazinkaiser, she absolutely does worse than everyone except for in the movie.

>>14480337
You forget
>Puts his daughter's life in danger by not giving her a better robot
>Never puts his foot down about his daughter and her boyfriend practically destroying his lab in their fights. It's only extreme domestic abuse, you know
>Doesn't provide her with a mother figure that might correct his bullshit
>Doesn't let his daughter attend school for no reason
>>
>>14480878
>>Never puts his foot down about his daughter and her boyfriend practically destroying his lab in their fights. It's only extreme domestic abuse, you know
>>Doesn't let his daughter attend school for no reason
Let's not count things from the Toei anime.
>>
>>14480884
Then we probably shouldn't count the thing about Maria either
>>
>>14480893
According to Nagai, the two-timing thing is canon
>>
>>14480933
Hoo boy
>>
>>14480616

I do respect Sayaka's tenacity and bravery but there's only so far you can go on that alone

but that aside if your robot dies if someone looks at it cross then you're really just in the way and potentially a distraction or liability
>>
>>14480740
Shotaro OPERATES Tetsujin. He's standing to the side twiddling with a remote control box while the robot fights, provided some guy in a KKK outfit hasn't chloroformed him and stolen the RC so he can use Tetsujin to crush a baby war veteran orphanage or something.

That said Sayaka's been piloting robots for nearly 45 years and she still fucking sucks worse than Boss and his gang of chucklefucks, AND her boyfriend's ten year old little brother, so I'm not sure what OP's trying to do. Remind us of how useless she is?
>>
>>14473883
To be fair, there's not a lot of reason not to fire a missile either.
>>
>>14482389
She spent most of the anime with only two missiles that she could fire, and Baron Asura and Count Brocken often attacked with their soldiers. The missiles were actually useful against these, so she would have done better by camping out at the lab and waiting for the inevitable invasion.
>>
More like the original jobber
>>
>>14483544
Nah, that's Mazinger Z itself. Aphrodite A and its successors were never built up to be strong. Mazinger Z was, however, so when it was destroyed at the end of the original anime in order to shill Great Mazinger, we had the very first instance of jobbing in mecha. Unless Tetsujin did it first and I'm not aware, that is.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.