[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getter questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

Is leaving things unanswered or raising more questions a traditional thing with the Getter series? It's been a recurring thing for Getter from what I've noticed and it isn't just the manga but the OVAs as well.
>>
>>14471893
This only really started with the end of the Getter Robo Go manga and it doesn't help that the manga continuity will be unfinished forever. It probably would've continued to raise more questions than answers anyway.

Though I do feel like the manga answers the big questions. Getter rays are an energy with a will of its own that drives evolution and has chosen humanity to carry out its wishes, which involve consuming the universe (and the multiverse) into the ultimate being of Getter Emperor.

In the end Getter Robo is a cosmic horror story with humanity as the bad guys.

A more optimistic reading would be that becoming one with the Getter rays means reaching total enlightenment and Getter Emperor and its fleet are spreading that to the rest of the cosmos like some kind of Buddhist crusade.

The OVAs all leave things a lot more ambiguous except for SvN which is just a straight up "fuck dinosaurs" story with nothing confusing about it.
>>
>>14471943
>Humanity as the bad guys
Nope, every other intelligent race is complete shit and act like total assholes even amongst themselves. Humans were picked by the Getter rays (and subsequently the Emperor) for a reason.

On top of that, everyone absorbed into the rays retains their individuality, so there's no reason to be fearful of that inevitability either. The Andromeda Country bug people are panicky douchebags willing to undo all of space time with time travel shenanigans just to save themselves.
>>
Another question: when did Getter 3 (any version) get stretchy arms? I want to say they were added for Armageddon first, but I'm not certain.
>>
>>14472108
I honestly cant remember. I thought that they were already in the manga.
>>
>>14471943
Like every ending it always gives us vague answers.
>>
>>14472236
I read the original, G, Go, and Shin, but don't remember seeing them. It's possible they were anime only and the SRW team didn't add them in until later entries due to data limitations.
>>
>>14472094
I guess I can buy that too.

Everyone else in space is the asshole and humanity is just doing something about it. From their perspective Emperor is a genocidal monster, from humanity's perspective Emperor is preemptively saving them from a species who would've just been jerkass invaders anyway.
>>
>>14472094
>Nope, every other intelligent race is complete shit and act like total assholes even amongst themselves.
Kill yourself nigger. Dinosaurs only wanted to survive. Getter forced them underground for no reason other than petty favoritism. Even when Dinosaurs worked with Humans to save the Earth, Getter still tried to kill them.

Ryouma, no, The Emperor was just a monster that wanted to devour the universe, and needed humans to do that. Face it, you faggots were being manipulated from get-go.
>>
>>14472690
Ok DIDF, explain to me why an inferior species deserves Getter's favoritism when they failed every attempt to defeat the saotome institute despite superior numbers, more resources, and "muh sacred ancestry".

You can't.

Gore himself and several dinosaur peons were absorbed into the Getter as well, and they love every second of it. Are you telling me the leader of the Dinosaurs doesn't know what's best for his people?

Face it cuck, humans are hot shit and deserve to be the apex predator in the universe.
>>
>>14472690
Dinosaur spy detected.
>>
>>14472742
>>14472743
>Ok DIDF, explain to me why an inferior species deserves Getter's favoritism when they failed every attempt to defeat the saotome institute despite superior numbers, more resources, and "muh sacred ancestry".
Getter can't be stopped. It's evil, goddamnit, evil! Why won't you listen to me? And the people who pilot Getter Robo aren't human.
What happens when Getter gets tired of humanity? They'll be absorbed too. It's not right. Humans get so high and mighty because they have Getter's favoritism, but how would you feel if you didn't? How would you feel if the mere presence of Getter Rays burned your skin?
>Gore himself and several dinosaur peons were absorbed into the Getter as well, and they love every second of it. Are you telling me the leader of the Dinosaurs doesn't know what's best for his people?
Bullshit. It's clearly Getter-induced hallucinations.
>>
>>14472690
In Arc humanity was plenty willing to co-exist with the Dinosaur Empire, Kamui and the Empire thanked them by deciding to stab Getter and humanity in the back and destroy them anyway.

We'll never know how that plays out though, for obvious, unfortunate reasons.
>>
>>14472775
>Kamui and the Empire thanked them by deciding to stab Getter and humanity in the back and destroy them anyway.
That's not what happened at all. Kamui wasn't going to destroy humanity if they'd surrendered Getter energy. His two best friends were human, he was trying to reason with them.
>>
>>14472770
Getter growing tired of humanity implies that it will get fed up with Musashi's shenanigan's, and no force in the universe can do that.

Humanity is safe so long as high quality fat men exist.
>>
>>14472792
Fair enough.
>>
>>14472793
The infinite supply of Musashis was probably one of my favorite things in the entire Getter Saga.
>>
>>14472792
>>14472802
Dinosaurs are about as trust worthy as arabs, and Kamui was foreshadowed to be evil from day one. Did you all learn nothing from V?
>>
>>14472808
Who wouldn't love to have mass produced fat guys? It'd be like having an endless supply of John Candy to keep you entertained during long flights.
>>
We know that every time Getter's enemies travel back in time, the bond between humanity and Getter grows stronger. The result is a time loop that causes Getter to become infinitely more powerful (think of audio feedback when you point a Mic to a speaker)

If Getter is all-knowing, as super-musashi implies, it probably knows that it will eventually consume the entire universe and implode upon itself.

In order to prevent that, it brought the Getter team to the future and ALLOWED them to return. The crux of this is Kamui, for he will be driven by what he witnessed to become an opposing force to Getter. This counter-force to Getter will ensure that it will never grow too powerful, ensuring the continued existence of Getter and the universe.

However, Kamui's Anti-Getter grew more powerful than Getter intended. Getter was almost entirely wiped out and all of humanity was banished underground in order to cut them off from Getter Rays.

Then, ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER, TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN HAPPENS, YES GURREN LAGANN IS THE SEQUEL TO GETTER ROBO, KILL ALL NON-BELIEVERS, YOU'VE ALL BEEN TROLLED, SUCKERS
>>
>>14474654
>implode upon itself.
No, the Getter wants to break through the third dimension and all the limitations there in. Remember, Ishikawa pulled much of his themes from Buddhist philosophical thought, and 90% of that is about leaving the physical realm.

Once the fourth dimension has been breached, it's a whole new adventure for Ryoma, Benkei, Hayato, the infinite Musashis, and even Gore.
>>
Bump for the emperor.
>>
Considering Japan likes to explain things in the end, I'm guessing it probably wouldn't have been left with unanswered questions if Ishikawa didn't die.

But then maybe it's better if things were left they way they were. I mean imagine if we got something that was midichlorian-tier in the end?
>>
>>14472094
That literally contradicts every theme in Ken's universe. Humans are likened to a cancer to every other race because Getter Emperor will wipe out all others regardless of benign or malignant status or not with humans period.
>>
File: GetterArmada.png (233KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GetterArmada.png
233KB, 640x480px
>>14474665
So basically, it strive Valhalla and it achieved it
>>
>>14478120
>Considering Japan likes to explain things in the end,
Have you never read a horror manga?
>>
>>14478141
You dinosaur spies are just as bad at blending in as the kike shills on /pol/.

Come back when you faggots can pronate your hands!!!
>>
>>14480061
But the aliens that said that weren't even dinosaurs you fucker.
>>
Gore-sama did nothing wrong!
>>
>>14480640
They're just as shitty though, I mean when the fuck have bug people done anything worthy of respect?

Get stepped on and stay squashed six-limbed faggots.
>>
>>14478120

You never read a single manga from the era Ishkawa was active, have you?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.