[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If im watching all of the Gandamus in release order should I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Question.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Question.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
If im watching all of the Gandamus in release order should I watch ZZ immediately after Zeta or should I wait awhile
>>
>>14458744
Well it aired immediately after Zeta, so go straight to it.
>>
>>14458744
Take a little break if you don't respond to mood whiplash well.
>>
Watch something else first. Preferably an 80s super robot show. Dead serious.
>>
The tone whiplast is rather intense, so i'd recommend taking a break from seeing it for a few weeks. ZZ starts out by taking the goofiest episodes of the original Gundams tone and upping it. It's not awful, infact some of the story arcs during the first half can be kinda fun to watch. After the initial 19 episode though, ZZ returns to Zetas tone.
>>
File: 5oclock in the morning.png (298KB, 482x347px) Image search: [Google]
5oclock in the morning.png
298KB, 482x347px
>>14458758
>>14458756
I've been hearing this alot so I might take a break, and play ZOE or Front Mission, some /m/ related vidya
>>
Well I mean, ZZ starts like 3 days or something after Zeta ends, so chronologically it makes sense to jump right into it.
>>
>>14459167
Doesn't mean you should.

ZZ, in my opinion, is basically a rehash of Zeta. I have things I love about ZZ but overall I find it the least important and least memorable of the 4 UC series. On one hand, UC wouldn't be complete without purus, High Mega Cannons and all that but it's not really on the same level as even Victory. It's just kind of there. It tries to do the least different (besides lol comedy, but all three other series have plenty of moments throughout, they just never spend 20 episodes on it) and the designs are largely forgettable, bar four or so fantastic ones.

V > MSG > Zeta >>> ZZ, I didn't dislike ZZ, but I liked the other three much better.
>>
>>14458744
Take a break, skip the recap episode. Watch something funny in between so you're more in the mood for goofy stuff.
>>
>>14459200
First 19 episodes can be good fun if you turn your brain off and think of it as it's own thing. Not amazing by any means, but I got some chuckles at some scenes.

The Earth descent, Africa and Dublin Arcs are all top tier Zeta quality. Not perfect pacing, but a good ride.

The last third is a little wonky with the tiger balm arc, but the final section of the show (since I assume you have not spoiled yourself to the plot details of it yet.) is also a good finishing point for the whole Axis plot thread.
>>
>>14459242
Agreed, ZZ has moments to rival Zeta. But the problem for me is that it's Zeta 2.0 - which is exactly what you'd expect from the title, really, but it still doesn't do it for me. MSG was a historic landmark in mecha, obviously. Zeta, in perspective of the franchise as a whole, is a solid entry with melodrama and the like but most importantly it expands UC into a fully-fledged, living and breathing world by making the politics after the timeskip so different. It tries to expand on MSG naturally. Victory is way out there but it's nothing if not different. ZZ is in the horrible spot of being an immediate and direct sequel to an already controversial series (Tomino said he'd never do Gundam again before Zeta happened) and in the end reverts back to feeling like Zeta. It's more of a wrap-up to Zeta than a series unto itself. And for that reason I can never fully appreciate it.
>>
>>14459302
While I do agree that it tended to fall into the Zeta Mold a bit to much during the second half, I felt it was the conclusion that most audiences had been kind of waiting for since the final episode of Zeta. While not a perfect way to wrap everything up, it did finally satisfy fans answers as to what happened to Axis and such after the Gryps war. It definitely had issues of losing focus, both in plot and tone at times. Even Victory did not have as much issues with figuring out a tone as ZZ did.
>>
>>14459327
I agree. If it had been shorter and more focused, it would be a good epilogue to Zeta and that would have served better for the franchise and timeline as a whole. Ironically, ZZ might have been the best choice for compilation movies but the Jewdough isn't popular enough and Amuro/Char got pushed to CCA.

horrific idea: why not combine ZZ and CCA so that Judau becomes Amuro's sidekick, and pulls a Hathaway while Char uses/abuses Haman instead of Nanai and Leina instead of Quess
>>
even with the tone whip lash Id say way a bit. you're gonna burn yourself out
>>
>>14459398
Funny you mention that idea actually, Gundam vs Zeta gundam had a situation very close to that one. Char and Haman end up joining forces and attempt to drop Luna II onto Earth initially. If you manage to kill haman during that level, it just becomes the Chars Counter Attack plotline, where if Haman survives and Luna II hits Earth, Judau and Amuro and a small force lead a full scale attack on Axis while Char and Hamans forces are embroiled in a violent civil war over Minevia Zabi. The battle is won and Amuro ends up Missing in action. Judau, disgusted by the Federation negligence, leaves to forge a new life on the fringes of space alone.
>>
File: Worst Girl.jpg (36KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Worst Girl.jpg
36KB, 225x350px
OP here, am I meant to hate this bitch
>>
>>14459542
You don't even know hate. Not yet.
>>
>>14458744
Immediately
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.