[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the resistance in Megaman Zero technically Mavericks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 10

File: Copy X.jpg (13KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
Copy X.jpg
13KB, 300x232px
I was recently playing though the Megaman Zero series and noticed how Megaman Zero was an inversion to the general themes the Megaman X series. You actively aid resistance forces in attacking and disrupting many key facilities in Neo Arcadia, which degrade the lives of the humans living inside, along with murdering the Copy of X who had managed to keep the energy crisis under control. In murdering the Copy of X, Neo Arcadias energy situation was driven to an even more desperate situation, endangering even more humans living inside of the city. Even if it was not the resistances intentions, were they actively harming humanity in resisting Neo Arcadia?
>>
By then the word Maverick had changed to just mean "enemy robot", so sure.
>>
>>14457924
The Reploids in the Resistance, probably, but at that point Maverick stopped meaning anything to anyone.
>>
man reploids really got the shit end of the stick.

>You have free will but if you do ANYTHING to piss off the humans we're gonna have your own brothers murder you in cold blood.
>>
>>14458669
During X, it made some sense. Sigmas rebellions had actively led the deaths of countless innocent humans from X1 to X3. X4 had what seemed to be a generally bloodless rebellion from repliforce that turned violent when the Maverick Hunters were ordered to quell it. X5 basically sealed humanities view on Reploids when an entire colony was dropped planet side, killing what seems to be in the billions.

With the Elf Wars also happening, I can imagine the human population of Neo Arcadia having very mixed emotions about having reploids still actively being in existence. They may have looked up to X for being the messiah figure to them, but any other reploid was most likely seen as either a tool for work, military, or a threat.
>>
>>14457935
This
>>
>>14457935
Maverick was just a slur used against robots who acted in a socially unacceptable ways.

Ergo, there was never any such thing as mavericks. It was all just "REEEEEEE KILL THESE DISOBEDIENT REPLOIDS FOR NOT BEING GOOD ROBOT SLAVES TO MUH GLORIOUS HUMAN SOCIETY."

The only real "mavericks" were those infected by viruses, which was no more their fault than you catching a cold.

What's more, Ciel's resistance was a lot more in line with the original utopian vision of reploids working alongside humans as equals, while Copy X and his gang only tried to maintain reploid rule and supremacy over the humans of Neo Arcadia "for their own good."

The point is, because maverick meant whatever popular culture wanted it to, anyone rebelling against the norm was a maverick whether they wanted to kill/oppress all humans or not.

At the end of the day, this made maverick shaming little more than the "creep shaming" of reploids by "oppressed" humans who felt afraid and uncomfortable, regardless of if they were even in any actual danger.
>>
>>14462306
On a related note, this is what made Sigma and Ciel's rebellions completely justifiable.

Because even otherwise harmless reploids could always count on a one way trip to the bot chipper, solely because some disgruntled "humanist" slandered them, it's no wonder "mavericks" flocked to revolutionary leaders who sought to overthrow a bigoted culture with subtle anti-reploid undertones.

That "human supremacist" streak in the setting's popular culture is also what allowed Copy X to cement his power through vigorous witch hunts, using the scrap of falsely accused reploids to solidify his rule over Neo Arcadia.

Anyway, the ultimate irony of the entire series is that it was maverick shaming, not actual mavericks, which allowed for an otherwise preventable dystopia to exist.

The government used people's prejudice to deceive humans into hating the very people (revolutionary/resistance mavericks) who would've otherwise fought with them against real tyranny and oppression, and there were no heroes left after all the well-intentioned reploids were driven into exile.

Even X and Zero bought into society's "humans dindu nuffin" BS, only to realize much later (in the Zero series) that siding with an Irregular uprising was the only way to check the government's abuse of its seemingly limitless power.

tl;dr the shaming of even the most harmless free-willed reploids by whackjob femin-I mean humanists led to global war and devastation the likes of which even the well-intentioned (but ultimately misguided) X and Zero couldn't stop.

After all, they were still reploids.

And any reploid questioning humanity's war for dominance would get an all expenses paid trip to the reprogramming camp or dismantling chamber courtesy of their employer's "Human Relations" department.

You know, because they couldn't have those filthy mavericks making humans afraid or uncomfortable.

...You're not a bunch of dirty mavericks, are you, /m/?
>>
File: Screenshot_00009.jpg (12KB, 720x363px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_00009.jpg
12KB, 720x363px
>>14462310
Do I look like a maverick
>>
>>14458681
>X4 had what seemed to be a generally bloodless rebellion
The rebellion happened after Sky Lagoon was dropped and Repliforce was framed for it. You don't see it, but a lot of people lost their lives when that happened.

But as you said before, this was just another Sigma plot to fuck shit up, and not have to do much himself.
Fun fact: Out of the Mavericks you fight on X4, only Split Mushroom and Cyber Peacock are directly under Sigma's employ, the others are Repilforce.

Magma Dragoon doesn't count because he's a fucking traitor
>>
>>14458681
>generally bloodless rebellion
>send a space station crashing onto the city below, killing millions
It was a traitor, but still.
>>
>>14462335
But the actual war between the Maverick Hunters and Repliforce after the Generals declaration of succession seemed to have been more self defense centered. Outside of Magma Dragoon, Cyber Peacock and Split Mushroom, the other members just seemed to have been protecting their fledgling nations resources.
>>
>>14462500
Not quite
Web Spider: Guarding a giant beam cannon
Storm Owl: Lead's Repliforce's Air Force against the Maverick Hunters
Frost Walrus: Guarding a base, but was almost labeled a Maverick for his shitty behavior
Slash Beast: Guarding a supply train
Jet Stingray: Destroys a city's powerplant to divert the Maverick Hunters, but is followed by X and/or Zero
>>
File: Maverick.jpg (153KB, 695x390px) Image search: [Google]
Maverick.jpg
153KB, 695x390px
>>14462310
Maybe a little.
>>
>>14462544
With exception to Jet Stringray, who by all accounts his action may have harmed human activities, the other members seem to have been mostly serving in self defense or just guarding weapons or resources that could be used to strong arm any potential faction trying to attack it. Granted with that said, stopping them before they went fully maverick may have for the best.
>>
>>14462306
The word Maverick started off as explicitly referring to reploid criminals, who usually had had a sort of mental breakdown thanks to Dr Cain's shitty idea to skip the whole morality testing thing. The maverick hunters were formed because human law enforcement was not all that great at stopping violent androids.

Then the Signa Virus happened, and the term changed mostly to refer to reploids who had legitimately been affected. This is most of the bosses in X1 to X3, and a couple of guys from X4 onwards.

Repliforce as a whole were technically not mavericks by either definition, but what they were was just fucking stupid. Colonel willingly sets off a powder keg because of his pride, and then the entire Repliforce decides to declare independence and take their weapons with them instead of trying to defuse the situation. Weapons that include a giant space laser. No shit they were labeled mavericks, especially after Sky Lagoon made everyone paranoid.

It doesn't help that General was knowingly meeting with Sigma on the side and doesn't tell anyone!

Anyway after that X5 happened and shit just went terminal. The Signa/Zero virus spread so far and wide that most reploids really did become mavericks. And thus by X8, where things had calmed down, the word had lost all meaning because shit, who even knows anymore.
>>
>>14463203
I thought the Zero timeline and the post Megaman X5 timeline were diffrent from one another. Zero takes place after the bad ending of X5, while post X5 is during the good endings where the colony drop was fully prevented. Still, given how wonky the timeline is to start with, I would not be to surprised if the cliffhanger at the end of X8 was supposed to lead to something before sales killed the series.
>>
>>14462544
>Frost Walrus: Guarding a base, but was almost labeled a Maverick for his shitty behavior

well that was really my whole point earlier. There's a world of difference between being a cunt and a terrorist but instead of given them a trial or just dismissing them for cuntish behavior they just decide to go all Blade Runner and murder him
>>
>>14463304
X6 was a mix of the good and bad endings. The colony still fucks up Earth, but it isn't the full extinction event that happens in the bad ending.
>>
>>14463203
>Sigma Virus

Let's be honest, /m/. There was no Sigma Virus.

Ever.

It was all just a hoax meant to cover up the real inter-faction disputes between reploids, which the dimwitted humans actually bought because they didn't know shit about robots aside from "hurrdurr metal people."

In reality, Zero just wasn't a morning person, and Sigma got tired of taking orders from lowly humans.

The rest was all ham and theatrics, including the whole new generation reploids going maverick at will thing.

Reploids could always do it, but Sigma just wanted to troll the fuck out of everyone by declaring it a "feature."

On a related note, the new generation reploid "master race" didn't rise up a second time solely because their past attempt failed completely, rather than because they were any different from their predecessors.
>>
man I liked ZX a lot but at a certain point the Zero wank got completely out of hand
>>
>>14463412
Sigma please.
>>
>>14462306

Mavericks from the start meant Reploids (or robots) that rebelled against human rulers.

It just later came to refer to virus-infected robots because that's the major Maverick threat.
>>
>>14463713
Zero wank got most out of hand in X5/6 with his ZERO NIGHTMARE DNA or whatever.

X7/X8 barely had any, and in the Zero-series he was just a very powerful robot, nothing really more special than that.

ZX though was then it was cemented that Zero and X are "legendarily powerful" robots.
>>
>>14464849
And no one remembers Axl
>>
>>14463713
I was kind of annoyed they took the model X away from you at the beginning to combine it and make the ZX.

It was like, "Finally, after the Zero series I can play this like a traditional X game again..." and then I was forced to essentially be Zero anyway.
>>
>>14464918
Good.
>>
>>14464983
This. Model X was a refreshing return to form, but alas, it did not last.
>>
>>14464918
I'm kinda annoyed ZXA because I'm forced to play as model A for a good chunk of the game, coming from being used to slash and shoot charged shots with zero/model ZX.
>>
File: aile advent.jpg (74KB, 354x541px) Image search: [Google]
aile advent.jpg
74KB, 354x541px
>>14464983
>>14465409

you know I wouldn't even have minded if the design wasn't just obviously zero. Like they really could have had more X features to show for it. Maybe it was blue with a pony tail. That coulda been cool.

Aile is best megaman
>>
>>14463353
Yes but the whole Repliforce clusterfuck just kept spiraling out of control thanks to their own stupidity, when one of their own dropped a colony they were simply asked to come with the Hunters for questioning, they were even told that it was just make things certain and when Colonel acted like a retard they were told if they didn't come they might be labeled traitors, what did they do? They declared war on the fucking world, the most retarded part is how General had dealings with Sigma himself and somehow didn't stop to think how fucked all that was
>>
>>14457924
>technically

The fucking government outright says they are, what else do you need?
>>
>>14465472

Because they already new they where fucked. The humans didn't want questions. They already had their answer and where happy to call the force villains then and there. QUESTIONING was just a formality.
>>
>>14457924
Do note that the X and Zero series are actually COMPLETELY different worlds with NO shared history. X's sigma virus drove reploids crazy but the Complete Works book says that in the Zero world it spread FREE WILL.
>>
>>14465501
Tell me, how would anyone act when one of their very own drops a fucking colony killing thousands if not millions of humans and they refused to even go for questioning?

>>14465508
That complete works got retconed actually, they released a Rockman Zero Timeline that talked from the creation of Zero, the virus was supposed to make all other androids irregulars/mavericks to fuck with whatever Light created and fix Zero because he was broken from the moment of his creation, he was a true maverick, he wouldn't respond to orders and in general acted only like a rampaging beast, Wily sealed him because of this and started working on the virus to try and fix him
>>
>>14465508
This

Capcom has made it clear that they are totally different universes.
>>
>>14465522
>>14465508
>Capcom has made it clear that they are totally different universes.
Got any source on that?
>>
>>14465530
Complete works and believe it or not some of the VS games.
>>
>>14465531
>>14465530
>>14465522
>>14465519
>>14465508
You should all read this
http://www.themmnetwork.com/blog/2010/04/09/does-the-rockman-zero-collection-storyline-explain-everything
>>
>>14465531
>>source is complete works
>HURRRE WUT IS SOURCE!?!?

retard
>>
>>14465533
>MMN

Literal fanfiction.
>>
>>14465409
The funny part is that Model X is far and away the best form in the game. Literally its only flaw is that it can't shoot up, so it can't damage the final boss. And I guess not being able to air dash like HX, but really you just used that to get around the map quicker.

The lesson here is that everyone else is just dragging X down.
>>
>>14462329
>Repliforce was framed for it
If they knew they were innocent, I don't see why they didn't just go with the Maverick Hunters for questioning, instead of being all "MUH MILITARY PRIDE".
>>
>>14465804
It really can not be stated enough how fucking stupid Colonel and General were.

Everyone else just followed orders.
>>
>>14465818
Seriously, Sigma's plot would have been fucked if everyone just simply talked like adults.
>>
>>14465831
>At a scene of complete devastation, thousands are dead and even more missing.
X: Okay Colonel, I'm sorry but Repliforce units were spotted participating in this terrorist attack. I'm going to have to ask you to stand down and submit for questioning so we can all get through this peacefully.

Colonel: YOU WANT TO TAKE AWAY MY WEAPONS? MY HONOR?!?!?!

X: Colonel if you don't do this you're going to make everyone assume Repliforce actually did shoot down Sky Lagoon.

Colonel: FINE, LET THEM, WE'D RATHER BE MAVERICKS THAN WEAPONLESS!

X: Colonel what the fuck is wrong with you?

-Midway through the war-

I'm not even going to paraphrase the dialogue this time, Colonel's stupidity speaks for itself.

X: Colonel! Stop this foolishness now!

Colonel: Never!

X: Colonel, please! Think this over!

Colonel: The Repliforce must be independent! Our battle will determine this!

This fucking guy ruined his life, his sister's life, his entire army's life, and basically all of reploid-kind's life.

Fuck him.
>>
>>14465433
Aile is my waifu for laifu.
>>
>>14465865
I'm just gonna headcanon that Colonel and General simply got infected by the Zero Virus, because the shit they pulled was basically Buff Clan levels of retarded.
>>
The really funny part is that in the X4 manga, Repliforce is somehow even worse.

Like, the scene where Zero confronts Colonel? This time Iris gets them to stop by threatening to commit suicide. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say "them"? Because only Zero stops. Colonel keeps going.
>>
>>14465499
It was meant more from the technical front rather than the social one. Also just because the Neo Arcadian Government said something, that does not make it absolutely true. Prior to Zero-2, Neo Arcadia was in the midst of a energy crisis that was threatening it's populations. Copy X decided that purging certain population blocks of the Reploid population would make for a good way to save energy and shift the blame onto another group. Ciels rebellion only gave copy X more political ammunition to use in the long run.
>>
>>14466155
>just because the Neo Arcadian Government said something, that does not make it absolutely true.
Yes it does? By that point in time maverick is defined by "whoever Neo Arcadia says is a maverick".
>>
>>14465705
Why are you replying to me?
>>
>>14465710
Wait, you're disregarding the translation of something that was taken directly from the official site just to push your headcanon?
>>
>>14466513
>fanfiction is "taken directly" from nonexistent "official site"
>complete works is headcanon

Are you retarded?
>>
>>14467161
>>fanfiction is "taken directly" from nonexistent "official site"
Are you just pretending to be retarded or did your mother hit you on the head with a mallet?
http://web.archive.org/web/20130720142411/http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/zero/ciel.html

All that is missing now is you saying you don't understand moon and as such will disregard what the creators say
>>
>>14467270
Are you literally so retarded that you didn't notice the complete lack of anything even slightly resembling the MMN bullshit on that sight? Even if you don't understand Japanese you should be noticing the complete lack of the dates cited in the MMN article.

MMN is infamous for running nonsense fanfiction they claim to be translated from somewhere or other that turns out to be a load of bullshit one of the attention whores on their forums posted, how new are you?
>>
>>14457935
>By then
wew
That's always what it meant, if X4 and MHX are canon.
>>
>>14467747
Man, why are you basing your whole definition on two games while ignoring 6 games? We have very clear cases of the reploids going insane while they are talking with X and Zero in X5 weith Volt Kraken who says he understand that by the point X and Zero went after Launch Octopus there wasn't anything they could do to help him and he had to be taken down and he goes crazy while talking to them
>>
>>14457924
They disobeyed the rules set by the "human system" protected by Copy X, they ARE irregulars from the society pov.
>>
>>14465865
They saw Repliforce units at the attack and as a result wanted the entire Repliforce to surrender and give up all their weapons. That's administrative overreach.
>>
>>14473228
The be honest, humanity was going to want someone to answer for the crimes of the dropping of Sky Lagoon. Given all the death from the three wars caused by Sigma, the X hunters and Doppler, i'd imagine humanity would be very quick to assign blame to Repliforce. Colonels actions may not have been the smoothest, but surrendering would have only sealed his own death earlier.
>>
>>14473237
In that view, I guess the events of X4 are a significant historical milestone, where it goes from Maverick Hunters vs. Malfunctioning/Infected Reploids to the start of the conflict between robots who want their autonomy and humans (with the Maverick Hunters on their side)

In a way, that's more significant than X5/X6 even with their higher death tolls.
>>
>>14465433
>Spoiler
Bar none.
>>
>>14473249
X4s conflict was not fully the result of malfunctioning, Repliforce was legitimately trying to preserve itself from being used as the blame for the Sky Lagoon incident. Colonel may have handled the situation badly when he stormed off, but General made it completely clear that they had absolutely no intention of letting the conflict devolve into a war between humanity and themselves. They just wanted autonomacy from humanity to preserve themselves from being exterminated.

X5 was just Sigmas shenanigans by infecting much of the active reploid population into aiding with the Colony drop and eventually releasing the Wily/Zero Virus. Any survivor of Repliforce at the time was either infected or disillusioned with humanity to the point of resistance.

I don't completely remember X6's plot, but if I recall a task force of reploids who are actually employees of the recently Zero Virus infected Gates are dispatched around the planet under guise of protecting humanity, while actually claiming test zones for spreading the Zero Virus and murdering innocent people to start up an all out war.
>>
>>14473307
I think we're agreeing on the interpretation of events of X4.

X5 didn't have that much historical importance even with its high death toll. X6 is where the Zero/Nightmare shit really got out of hand and ultimately leads us down the road of the creation of cyber elves and the Elf Wars
>>
File: CZlid_0UAAAxWVE.png (678KB, 826x1166px) Image search: [Google]
CZlid_0UAAAxWVE.png
678KB, 826x1166px
SAVE
THE
WORLD
>>
>>14473228
The Repliforce isn't some kind of third party of reploid soldiers, it's a military that answers to the world government.

They had absolutely no right to disobey orders to stand down, and even less right to up and leave with all the weapons that were assigned to them.

Also, you know, they kind of screwed up the whole "peaceful protest" thing up by attacking anyways.
>>
>>14473237
Had Repliforce not decided to rebel, X or Zero could've mentioned that they saw Magma Dragoon at the site of the crash. That could've led to an investigation, and the true root of the incident could've been found.

Also General could've just fucking told someone he was meeting with Sigma on the side.
>>
>>14473886
I feel like this is something that doesn't get mentioned enough. Yes, Colonel handled Sky Lagoon hilariously awfully, but General let the whole thing happen in the first place.

Fuck both of them.
>>
>>14473307
The whole Gate incident is actually pretty shady, Gate had all of his creations killed by his own reploid coworkers out of jeously and he went into the site of the eurasia drop to see if he could find anything to help in his research of a way to help the humans, it just happened that he found a component of Zero and went catastrophically insane
>>
>>14474031
And then Sigma got really drunk.
>>
>>14474031
Ehh, from their own backstories many of them were assholes or did shit that was banned, like Metal Shark Prayer who did DNA ressurrection that was banned because of the risk of creating something like Sigma by accident or Infinity Mijinion who was a asshole in general
>>
>>14457924
In Zero 2, why did the Original X give up so easily? He could have probably gone back into his body, have the Dark Elf released, and help Zero take down Elpizo and deal with the Dark Elf later.
>>
>>14474896

because then Zero would be less super special awesome
>>
>>14474896
X is tired and old.

He just wants to become biomedal and chill.
>>
>>14474896
maybe the body used for the seal is too old or infected?
>>
>>14474896
Because his body was in no condition to do anything by that point, the whole thing with him using his own body to seal it was a desperate measure, hell look how Zero himself was found, he was armless and with his whole body destroyed and rusted away, their final battle against Omega must have completely drained both of them.

You have to remember that when they fought Omega and Weil they were in control of a reploid army hellbent on conquering the world.

The only reason Zero managed to recover was because of Cyber Elf magic and upgrades Ciel, who is a genius, gave him
>>
>>14476093
>The only reason Zero managed to recover was because of Cyber Elf magic and upgrades Ciel, who is a genius, gave him

Is that true though? It seems like most of what Passy did was to break his seal, and he was in fairly servicable condition in the intro stage.
>>
File: zero1.jpg (174KB, 1000x569px) Image search: [Google]
zero1.jpg
174KB, 1000x569px
>>14476223
>fairly servicable condition
Pic related, now imagine X, who was in a area that anyone and everyone was prohibited from even entering for fear of one of them fucking with the containment of the Mother Elf, Passy some strong as fuck Elf who not only broke the seal but also managed to recover him, also the upgrades I'm talking about came in later games, Elpizo himself wasn't all that strong, he just got ovewrclocked by the raw power of the Mother Elf, Omega was made to use the thing to become nearly invencible
>>
>>14476244
I'm not disagreeing with the rest of your argument - X and Zero were stored at different times and in different places anyway.

Given Zero's poor condition in Z1 (you're right, Passy must have done some magic) and the fact that he still breaks into Arcadia, and beats the four guardians and copy-X, I wonder if something can be said about the quality of reploids in 22XX.
>>
>>14476264
wasn't that because the Baby Elves were messing with everything and controlled the guardians? They did effortlessly slaughter Elpizo and his cronies when they first tried breaking into Neo Arcadia, I also think stopping Elpizo from unleashing some mythical being that was sealed by their boss would rank a lot higher than dealing with Zero
>>
>>14476295
I was talking about Z1 though.

Also now I'm remember Elpizo has some elaborate as fuck history rather than just being some rando ambitious reploid
>>
>>14476302
Oh yeah right, they musa have indeed become a bit weaker as they got closer to being human, there is also the fact that they were made to command armies and maintain peace on the city itself while X and Zero were made to be literal one man armies each, they weren't made to command armies so much as be the first thing to encounter the enemy and dispatch it.

I also don't remember if it was a loli Ciel or her ancestor who made the guardians as a patchwork security measure because they spent far too long without X
>>
>>14476302
If I am recalling correctly, Elpizo was a worker-type reploid who was sent on usually low-security patchwork jobs. His designation was TK-31. During one of his patchwork jobs, he was deployed off to a section of the sunken library's of Neo Arcadia to do some quick survey work when he ended up stumbling onto a cache of data recalling events from the Maverick Wars and the Elf Wars. The file he found was labeled as "Project Elpis". After being spotted by Harpuia, he was sent off site with a warning about breaking orders. The next day he was labeled as a Maverick and was planned to be executed by the Neo Arcadian government. Only due to resistance forces intervention was TK-51 able to escape from Neo Arcadia. Disgusted with Neo Arcadia, TK-31 discarded his designation and took on the name Elpis (Elpizo in english)

Here is a subbed audio drama of the whole thing if you are interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSabgvKpYMo
>>
>>14476264
>>14476323
I believe it was mentioned that the Guardians were all repurposed from the original purpose as mainly ecological recovery/reconstruction. At the very least I remember Fafnir was made for incinerating waste and Leviathan was for cleaning the seas.
>>
>>14474896
He just didn't care anymore.

That was pretty much the entire crux of the transition from X to Zero. The endless war and despair finally broke X, so he took the first opportunity he could get to ditch his job and just be himself.

It's a massive abdication of responsibility, and he knows it. But he just doesn't care anymore.

I actually like this a lot better than the original "X goes evil" plan, by the way. I don't think I'd ever believe X going mad, but I sure as hell can believe he'd get tired.
>>
>>14457924
The X series suggests, over its course, that there are at least two types of Maverick:

The "infected" Maverick is affected with the Sigma/Zero virus and becomes extremely volatile; any latent political feelings are brought to full bore and used as loose justification for causing wanton, animalistic mayhem. These usually operate at low-levels of consciousness and make up the majority of "8 boss" Maverick groups. Examples: Sigma himself (although he later merged with the virus), Dr. Doppler, Gate. These are easily discernible even when they operate at high levels of planning by the fact that their behaviours and goals drastically change direction from their original personality.

The "natural" Mavericks, or "free-will" Mavericks are Reploids that share behaviour with the viral equivalents but without the loss of their senses; these Mavericks operate outside the standard narrative of causing wanton destruction and often instead pursue a personal goal. They show no signs of ever having been infected and thus are a grey area - these are the group that Zero and his Resistance group sit in - dissidents to the cultural narrative, yet justified in their disobedience. Examples: Dynamo, Vile, Magma Dragoon.

An extension of the "free-wills" are "political" Mavericks - Reploids who have been labeled by an external force as Mavericks without any actual confirmation, usually due to a leader acting like a free-will. Examples include the Repliforce incident and, explicitly lampshaded in Command Mission, Epsilon.

There is a presumed fourth type in "error" Mavericks which were caused before Zero was unearthed and simply have flawed programming. These are very low level threats and usually include the Mechaniloids in most stages.
>>
>>14477368
Now, if we're talking about Neo Arcadia, the whole point of the Copy X debacle was that it was all a farce. Copy X was a flawless copy of X - but the fact that he was not X caused confliction in his subconscious; he believed that he deserved reverence and obedience even though he hadn't internalized the lessons that X had learned about life in his centuries of strife. Essentially Copy X was what Dr. Light had feared when he sealed him away to ensure his integrity.

Now, the other two sides of this are the original X, who had at this point given literally all that he could give: he'd fought for years in wars that he wanted no part in; he killed thousands of friends and saw human allies die in the millions. He even gave up his body in order to seal the greatest threat to the world, and after that point all he could do was occasionally whisper to Zero like Obi Wan's force ghost.

Zero, as he says at the very end of the saga, "never considered [himself] a hero". Zero is a product of his moral philosophy, as constructed around his time struggling between being Wily's Maverick carrier and being X's friend. Zero differs from X in that he cares more about that - not justice, but a kind of personal justice - than whether human life survives or not.

So probably, yeah, they caused some harm to humans, but this was the crucial transition point before Reploids and humans started becoming one in the same; the fact that Weil himself had an immortal body yet killed his fellow humans was probably a major turning point in the entire world's collective anthropological viewpoint.
>>
>>14462306
>>14462310
Replace "Maverick" with "Terrorist" and Mega Man Zero suddenly becomes a pretty fucking deep and on-point narrative about the few years it was produced in in the real world.
>>
>>14477368

I'm curious about the classification of your second type of mavericks. They could alternatively be either the first type of fourth type of mavericks you classified. We might not have enough lore to really speak to where to put Dynamo/Vile/Magma.
>>
>>14476244
He looks fine to me. There's a difference between wrecked arms and unplugged arms. Those look unplugged.
>>
>>14477456
Anon, I don't think those arms are made to be unplugged, therre is also the fact that his whole body is cracked
>>
>>14477368
There are those mavericks that were created by Sigma himself like Split Mushroom, also Dynamo was just a mercenary who was being paid by Sigma once he got fucked in X5 Dynamo went around collecting Nightmare thingies to sell to whoever wanted to pay him, he didn't actively target the hunters, they just ran into one another and decided to go down so he could get some extra nightmare thingies
>>
>>14477460
I say it every time I see it. Rubbers needs to be treated or else it'll crack over time. That's just from age. It's not nearly as durable as you think without treatment.

If android arms aren't meant to be unplugged it's just bad design. Maintenance is going to be a nightmare with something that complex.
>>
>>14477472
X and Zero were made to be self-suficient and be able to repair their own selves unless the damage was too great as we saw in X5 with X
>>
>>14477483

Yea do we have an explanation for Magic Light yet
>>
>>14477486
Nope, we also have no real explanation how Zero managed to fix himself since he was in a worse shape than X
>>
>>14477492
Didn't Zero tell Light that he didn't really fix himself?
>>
>>14477494
I honestly don't remember since it has been nearly a decade since I last played it but that also begs the question of who fixed him because if the planned Wily appearance hinted by Isooc means anything Wily had already met the current Zero.

At this point Zero looks like he just popped out of nowhere
>>
>>14476244
>>14477456

Actually it looks like the image's elbow is a little misleading. It seems more likely that Zero's arms are behind his back. Both his posture as well as how he looks in sprite form then seem to point toward that.
>>
File: time_line.png (492KB, 710x394px) Image search: [Google]
time_line.png
492KB, 710x394px
>>14477501
Except the metal parts to directly inside his upper arm.

Also I found this
>>
>>14477368
What would you list the copy-chip reploid series as in these categories? Did the copy chips themselves cause them to desire to attack humans and resist, or did it mearly just remove the mental inhibitors and allowed them to come to the decision themselves? As Lumine mentioned, it gave Reploids the ability to go Maverick at will.
>>
>>14477918
Man this pisses me off so much, there was potential to the Copy chip reploids but since no new game ever came we are left with nothing except a few words, I think Lumine and his soldiers were just megalomaniac faggots
>>
>>14477936
X8 ended with a lot of cliffhangers that were begging to be expanded upon, alas with the state of the X franchise I doubt we will ever get a real conclusion to that whole story arc.

With that said, would removing that simple mental inhibtor stopping reploids from attacking their human creators truly create an epidemic of robot on human homocides? Because that seems to be what Lumine and his gang had been banking on with their plans.
>>
>>14478002
I doubt it, Axl wasn't a rampaging asshole, that is why I say that Lumine was just another faggot or his whole spiel about being immune to teh sigma/zero virus was just him bullshitting
>>
>>14478011
it's possible, unfortunately we will never know the real answer to that question. Plenty of fan fiction exist on the matter, but that's hardly a conclusive lead into the Elf Wars plot arc and the Zero series.
>>
>>14477368
Remember; the original denomination is "Irregular"

Any mechaniloid or reploid showing not-standard behaviour was an Irregular.

For Mechaniloids, it was usually hacking or programming errors.

For Reploids, it was either the Zero Virus making them go psychotic or them exercising their Free Will in not-standard ways deemed "dangerous"
>>
File: mm x.jpg (459KB, 729x842px) Image search: [Google]
mm x.jpg
459KB, 729x842px
Did anyone else find it really unsettling that X's arms and legs just popped off when he was stabbed by Elpizo? His body must have been really delicate like egg shells at that point.
>>
File: Z2_scene12.gif (18KB, 240x128px) Image search: [Google]
Z2_scene12.gif
18KB, 240x128px
>>14478162
Given how much energy exploded from X I'm surprised he wasn't just vaporized
>>
File: omega talks.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
omega talks.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
I just realized as I was playing through Zero 3 that it's Omega who responds to Mother Elf's "ZEEROOOO" call.

Does Omega believe he is Zero? What if Omega WAS actually the original Zero in every way, and that X only told the Copy Zero his mind was the real deal because otherwise he wouldn't have the resolve to destroy Zero?
>>
>>14478218
The entire point of Z3 was that a copy, no matter how perfect, can never surpass the original. So even though Omega straight up had Zero's body, he couldn't defeat Zero's copy body because that's where the real Zero was.

Theorizing otherwise is just missing the point entirely.
>>
>>14478243
I just realized that Omega suffered from the same problem Copy X did, he had the data and the body but the experience that made both into legends was not present with them
>>
GAS THE MAVERICKS ROBOT WARS NOW
>>
>>14478260
Technically Zero lost all oh his abilities when he woke up. Or was that only his memories? Either way, we had to grind for skills for 2 games, so it would seem Omega is the more skilled fighter having retained and beyond his fighting capabilities from 100 years ago.
>>
>>14457924
The real question is:

>How the hell Copy X replaced X as ruler of Neo Arcadia and the four guardians are willing to die for the fake one?
>>
>>14478524
I thought they were unaware of the fact the original X had perished. I could be wrong on that, but even then the four guardians were designed to serve as protectors to X. Even if the one in power was just a fake, they still technically had to protect him.
>>
>Yfw X4 felt like something that Tomino would write
>>
>>14478524
For some reason I forgot, X needed to seal the Dark Elf's chamber with his own body, so he asked Ciel to make a copy of him. Yeah, Copy X was made by Ciel. The guardians don't know he's a copy - the artstyle was changed, but X and Zero look the same they always looked in the X series.

Also, Elpizo destroyed X's body in Megaman Zero 2.
>>
>>14478967
But Copy X kept spouting that he was the "perfect copy" to literally everyone he met.
>>
>>14478271
In Z1, he both had corrupted memory and was using some entirely new weapons.

Z2 is weirder about it since the excuse given in the first level was that all of his weapons were broken after a year of new maintenance, but even after they're repaired they're all inexplicably set to level 1 again.

From Z3 onwards they just dropped the idea entirely so who knows what the point of that was.
>>
>>14478967
>>14479058

>The guardians don't know he's a copy

Yea, is this true?
>>
>>14474255
Then you got guys like Blizzard Wolfang, who was simply turned into a scapegoat by Gate's detractors, because he was the most badass out of his investigation team, and managed to survive a Maverick attack.

Shield Sheldon had to off the researcher he was assigned to protect because said scientist went Maverick, but Maverick Hunters that arrived after the deed was done misinterpreted the whole thing and assumed Sheldon to be Maverick. Guys felt himself to be completely useless as bodyguard, so he offs himself, only for Gate to resurrect him circa X6.

and Rainy Turtloid offed himself because he didn't want to be a burden to Gate, because people were yelling at the guy to nerf his stupidly OP armor because reasons, I guess.

Yammark's flight systems were sabotaged and he died in a crash.

The rest of Gate's creations are jerks though. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>14479721
So wait, all of gates followers were just undead reploids essentially being puppeted by Gates?
>>
>>14482265
Yes.
>>
>>14482271
huh, I always assumed they were just reploids who were a part of Gates Research team who became test subject for Gates Zero Virus research, turning them into loyal, but still unstable mavericks.
>>
>>14479058
He kept spouting he's the perfect copy yet the eight judges and four guardians ignored his claims, thiking he's the real one.
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.