[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam SEED: Original or Remaster?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: SEED-remaster.jpg (171KB, 726x1400px) Image search: [Google]
SEED-remaster.jpg
171KB, 726x1400px
I'm wondering which version I should watch. Should I even watch Seed and Seed Destiny?
>>
>>14443134
Holy crap, the remaster turned the Hiraiface up to eleven
>>
Oh man, all the ones on the left have faces in the same style. I bet they were all by the same animator.
>>
>>14443176
Depended on the ep actually, sometimes they were closer to Hirai's designs than what that picture suggests.
>>
>>14443134
Watching the remaster is such a weird experience. The change from old to new footage is so fucking jarring and some of the decisions that went into it are just baffling. Like cropping the whole thing to widescreen and cutting content while retaining the recap episodes.
>>
>>14443134
>Should I even watch Seed and Seed Destiny?

You might as well. Seed is totally watchable and is probably on the same level as IBO. It's adolescent shit that tries to be edgy at points.

Havent seen destiny though, but I plan to eventually.
>>
>>14443134
>>14443387
Destiny is worth it for Impulse vs Freedom, but the rest of the show is a train wreck (the enjoyable Geass R2 kind, except you'll hate all of the characters).
>>
>>14443134

Admittedly the last 3 look better in remaster, but at the same time it's overall a shitty remaster.
>>
>>14443302
Don't forget the shit with Nicol jumping on the sword rather than Kira hitting him with it in the remasterd because Jesus can't be allowed to sin even before he became Jesus.
>>
>>14445154
>Can't be allowed to sin
>Still fucks Sai's wife long dick style
>Still butchers ZAFT grunts in the desert like it's open season

I think it was less a change to save Kira from being the bad guy, to more explaining why the guy in the fast attack stealth unit managed to get killed in that situation, it was a total fucking fluke and should not have happened.
>>
>>14445167
>Attacks and gets killed.
>Remaster he fails to attack then jumps on his opponents weapon.
>Explains how he died???

Yeah im gonna go with no. It was a dumb idea but the remake just makes it look even dumber. It doesn't explain shit.
>>
>>14445198
The obvious answer was that Nicol just wanted to die. Saw his chance and took it.
>>
>>14443134
Watch both original and remaster.
>>
Were the Le Creuset team actually ace pilots who just so happened to be sons of high council members, or shitters who got special treatment?

Or was it their parents being powerful that meant they all had top tier coordinator babies who were always going to end up as superhuman aces?
>>
>>14443134
I watched the original, mostly because the remaster is mostly scaled up and cropped into letterbox, not actually widened. Some scenes are redrawn but, as all the comparison pics show, the off-model art was better than the on-model hiraiface.
Also that thing about Nicol's death was just fucking stupid.
>>
>>14445223
They graduated at the top of their classes. They're only incompetent in front of Kira, otherwise they slaughter normies.
>>
File: assmaster.jpg (302KB, 937x523px) Image search: [Google]
assmaster.jpg
302KB, 937x523px
>>14445244
>Also that thing about Nicol's death was just fucking stupid.
this is why I never watch the remaster and tell everyone not to watch it. it ruins a big part of the show when its an "accident"

but with Destiny, watch the remAsster
>>
>>14445247
>Yzak dropping Extended pilots like it was nothing
>That absolute fucking shitkicking Yzak and Dearka give the gundamjackers at the start of Destiny, in Zakus no less

How did the EA get anywhere in battles when coordinator aces were this good?
>>
>>14445271
The fact that 99.99% of coordinators don't do anything beyond human norm and only the main cast does so when the plot demands it.

Yzak and Dearka were not only ace pilots they had an entiore wars worth of experiance by Destiny,

By the time Yzak bumped into the druggies at the end of SEED they were going totally off the deep end.
>>
>>14443134
It's all shit, senpai.
>>
>>14443134
CE as a whole is mostly shit. The only redeeming part in it is Stargazer. I don't think the gain of Stargazer is worth trudging through 100 episodes of mediocrity. I saw only both remastered, they changed one scene in a way that is very similar to Han Shot First.
>>
>>14445167
Watch the scene and go through the motions that the strike does. Even if you ignore the sword being pointed the wrong way, there's absolutely no way that Kira's flailing made sense. The original version where he reacts on instinct and fucks Nicol through the abdomen makes way more sense.

>>14445223
So, chances are people with higher degrees of coordination would naturally drift towards the top of the coordinator hierarchy; it also stands to reason that their children would exhibit more impressive skills relative to naturals and other coordinators. While four of the five LeCreuset team members should probably have not been council-kids, it makes sense that some of them are.
>>
>>14446167
Nicols actions make no fucking sense in the remaster either. The tip of his spear is past the strikes body. So by stepping forwards Nicol is essentially lunging at thin air. It would have made more sense for him to step back and then lunge, but I guess Nicol was a retard.
>>
You shouldn't.
/thread
>>
>>14445167
>Sai's wife
...George was dead, he no longer had any fucking hold on whatever I wanted.
>>
>Not watching the originals first to understand why /m/ is still butthurt after ten years
>>
>>14446417
Wait, they actually plugged the Strike into the scene instead of the Impulse? That's not even being lazy, that's incompetence.
>>
>>14446417
That's from Destiny though, not Seed. They had tons of footage to reuse from Seed by then.
>>
>>14443134
The original unquestionably looks less bad.
>>
>>14446635

I know, but he will probably need to watch both series in their original, unaltered glory in order to understand why /m/ is still upset over the CE universe and keep mumbling about MUH BLUE AND PURE WORLD and RAU WAS RIGHT
>>
>>14446417
I did though.
I also watched it dubbed but whatever.
>>
>>14443134
The biggest sin about the remaster has nothing to do with retcons or anything. It's the fact that they didn't use the same god damn songs especially when playing the god damn outro to episode ends like mother fucking River.

That was all CE had going for it to begin with, the music. And they fucked it up.
>>
>>14443134
Hirai's designs are so fucking terrible, I legit have no idea which one is the remaster and which one is the original.
>>
>>14447305
Because a remaster would make everything 4:3 when everything is widescreen these days? Pay attention!
>>
>>14443134
Original for Seed, Remaster for Destiny.
>>
>>14446140
>The only redeeming part in it is Stargazer
granted ive yet to dive into Seed but Astray always looked cool, or is that trash too?
>>
>>14451043
Honestly No Since Astray is a different writing team and at times tries to explain seeds BS. It's not great but its fun as hell, Just remember nothing is perfect
>>
>>14451081
oh i know, but if i ever dive into Seed, and i will im too morbidly curious not to, i have Stargazer and Astray to prop it up.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.