[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Godzilla/Shin Godzilla Thread #2: Battle of Shins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 78

File: ShinzillaThreadopener2.jpg (63KB, 610x431px) Image search: [Google]
ShinzillaThreadopener2.jpg
63KB, 610x431px
Last Thread: >>14387413

A place to discuss the Godzilla Franchise and upcoming movie: Shin Godzilla/Godzilla: Resurgence.

Info on Pic:
>Crayon Shin-Chan vs. SHIN GODZILLA (Anime Collaboration)

>Quick summary: July 22nd, the Crayon Shin-chan series will be storming a collaboration episode with co-star TOHO monster icon Godzilla! Specifically SHIN GODZILLA. The episode titled "Shinnosuke vs. Shin Godzilla's Zone" The mysterious giant monster Godzilla has invaded Kasukabe, Saitama. The town will be gradually destroyed, including the residence of the Nohara family house, which has 32 years of mortgage payments left on it.

>Shinnosuke's Kasukabe Defense Corps will be based within the Futaba Kindergarten school area, where a strange battle will unfold involving Shinnosuke himself.

>Side notes: Godzilla's roar within this anime will be his official roar sourced from the upcoming movie.

>-TV Asahi will be broadcasting the episode July 22nd
>-This will be the first time Shin Godzilla will appear within an anime
>-Godzilla's full design and execution have been faithfully reproduced, from his movements, irregular teeth; to his red and black skin.
>>
File: ShinShin2.jpg (26KB, 470x319px) Image search: [Google]
ShinShin2.jpg
26KB, 470x319px
>>14443083
>>
File: ShinShin1.jpg (21KB, 470x288px) Image search: [Google]
ShinShin1.jpg
21KB, 470x288px
>>
>>14443083
So if that's meant to be an accurate representation of what Godzilla's like in the film, is that what his atomic breath will look like?
>>
I am a huge Godzilla fan, but I STILL can't seem to accept that the Shin Godzilla design isn't a joke. Hell, maybe it is just a joke to fuck with me. But I am still hoping that half way through something happens and he changes to be a little bit more of a traditional Godzilla.
>>
>>14443147
I would assume.
>>
So are any of the movies linked? Tell me about the Godzilla cinematic universe /m/.
>>
File: 895498540094390.png (2MB, 1024x2819px) Image search: [Google]
895498540094390.png
2MB, 1024x2819px
>>14443261
>>
>>14443318
>All the other monsters and Varan

Kek
>>
>>14443318
I always had a very different timeline in my head. Mostly keeping it in one timeline and having Godzilla junior be the millennial Godzilla irradiated by the fallout after the old Godzilla melts down.
>>
>>14443231
I just want an explanation for why he looks like that. If there's an in-universe explanation like radoation or parasites, fine. If it's just something mundane as a new designer wanting to make their own design, also fine.
>>
>>14443318
The graph is a little confusing with the lefy side "Millennium Era Section" then on the right side "Millennium" and "Era" sections. I think I understand it anyway. When is Annozilla coming out?
>>
File: Just.jpg (635KB, 1024x997px) Image search: [Google]
Just.jpg
635KB, 1024x997px
>>14443353
>Born in 93.
>That moment when you was that kid who thought every Godzilla movie was canon to the same universe.
>With Godzilla mutating in his appearance after each film.
>I thought Minya was Heisei Godzilla.
>I thought Godzilla Jr. was G2k.
>98 fucked with my head badly while trying to work it in.
>>
>>14443390
Yeah I was born in '90 so similar I guess. I have never had problems with alternate histories and what not, and didn't think much about the suits being different because so what if it was, I just figured they all built on each other and it was the one and only Godzilla.
>>
File: 3863798398723.jpg (509KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
3863798398723.jpg
509KB, 1280x1707px
What do people think of Godzilla Resurgence? Excited? Neutral? Underwhelmed? We're now less than a month away from opening weekend (July 29th). Despite the quickly approaching date, the veil of secrecy remains. Ignoring possible leaks, we know very little about the movie, anons. At least the Godzilla x Eva merchandise is selling well.

Last we heard, Shinji Higuchi admitted things were behind schedule and normally there would be more to show by this point. Though hopefully they're now back on track. Speaking of which, when was Hideaki Anno's last public appearance? Hope the man has been taking some breaks every now and then.
>>
>>14443427
Shin Godzilla isn't a Godzilla film, it's going to be a personal soapbox for Anno.
>>
File: 1467427004564.jpg (324KB, 1180x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1467427004564.jpg
324KB, 1180x1024px
>>14443438
How so? Is Anno usually this political? And is there a problem with a director putting their unique mark on the franchise. Compare Banno and Kaneko's interpretations to one another. Godzilla is pretty flexible.
>>
File: Crops.png (65KB, 297x308px) Image search: [Google]
Crops.png
65KB, 297x308px
>>14443505
Basing off of just what I've seen and the few relivable "leaks" of the movie.
The movie will be like:
>Godzilla as a metaphor for both a Hurricane and a Walking Fukushima.
>Politics and their flawed ways.
>The United States interfering into foreign affairs, both Positive and Negative.
>Natural disasters.
>Aid, Defense, and Preparedness of Disasters.
>Official Response time during disasters.
>Human Nature

It's not the idea of Godzilla not being flexible, it's that Godzilla will be taking a backseat in this movie. Marketing makes it look like Godzilla will have a "HUGE" presence in the film, but in reality it will be about the same has Legendary, and the rest is Anno's Soapbox.
>>
File: 1460783468793.jpg (165KB, 816x504px) Image search: [Google]
1460783468793.jpg
165KB, 816x504px
>>14443529
If true, it sounds like we're getting something in the same vein of the original movie. Objectively speaking, the best one. Guess Hideaki Anno is pretty ambitious to be taking a shot in the Ishiro Honda ballpark. Out of like thirty movies, this has only been attempted like two other times (G84 and GMK). Yeah, it would be more exciting to know other monsters will be present. But there is still an opportunity for the action to be original and exciting. The thing I'm worried most about is the human drama. When Anno was announced as director, I was expecting younger protagonists.
>>
>>14443571
Making a Solo Godzilla movie while not my favorite, could be interesting if done right.
My biggest fear is that Anno will flat out remake 1954, with the boring and dragging nature of 1984, but worse.
>>
>>14443318
>all the other monsters and Varan
don't bully
>>
>>14443373
They said he looks like that as reference to the original idea of the design being based off radiation victims and to show the horrors of nuclear power
>>
>>14443261
Please watch the Godzilla movies too. There entertaining, fun, and I doubt you'll regret it. If one's bad, you'll still be smiling by how bizarre it is.
>>
File: 1367802611071.gif (997KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
1367802611071.gif
997KB, 500x305px
Anyone expecting to see surreal imagery? If not, it would kind of be a waste.
>>
>>14443697
We probably will, and while most of the time I am down for that...I don't think it has a spot in a Godzilla flick. If we see it, it will be something like all the ghosts of those who have died from nuclear bombs or something.
>>
>>14443697
I'm counting on it.
>>
>>14443697
If the movie turns out boring, some surreal shit could help spice things up. Not sure if I'd want anything overdone, though, surreal shit for its own sake that takes you out of the movie. G vs. Hedorah may be one of my favorites, but it worked there mostly because that was already a quirky and shitty movie.
>>
>>14443083
>No Eva vs Godzilla
Anno must be pissed
>>
File: image.jpg (915KB, 1989x2821px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
915KB, 1989x2821px
>>14443318
So can we talk about the Heisei timeline? How Vs. King Ghidorah made that paradox?

If they killed the origanl Godzill, then no oxygen destroyer would have been used. So how did Destroyah come to be?
>>
>>14443083
Destroyer of Worlds, Shin-chan. What do those eyes see as he travels through many worlds
>>
File: 54438430430233.png (406KB, 456x618px) Image search: [Google]
54438430430233.png
406KB, 456x618px
>>14443867
Maybe this will help. Good read:

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2007/08/16/godzilla-vs-king-ghidorah-time-travel-and-the-origins-of-godzilla/
>>
>>14443874
Thanks. Last thread some guy pointed out how the Heisei was full of condrstictions.
>>
>>14443904
Oh, yeah him. I might be wrong. But I thought he was saying that the continuity was loose and doesn't matter in a conversation about the quality of a movie.
>>
>>14443867
The problem I have with the Hesei films is that while they're true to Godzilla, I think they're terribly made. They're boring, they lack good cinematography, the writing is lazy, and it's just not entertaining.

I'm not a Gamera fan, but when I compare the beam wars from Godzilla compared to the crazy filming in something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tErGc4ZZ6M4 , I kinda feel like Godzilla was
a bit lack luster.
>>
File: tumblr_mvp5tgr3q01sbfls0o4_1280.png (417KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvp5tgr3q01sbfls0o4_1280.png
417KB, 853x480px
>>14443091
>>14443098
>We will never have a true Godzilla anime

Fuck.
>>
>>14443978
I feel you. Heisei is so halfassed I just can't get any enjoyment out of it. I know many like them because they have a better focus on continuity and try to be more serious than the silliness of Showa, but the execution is shit. For the most part, we get boring, underdeveloped and overcrowded casts, unfocused writing, spotty effects, tons of bad acting, interesting concepts and themes with so-so execution, crammed-in esoteric baloney.

It has lots of good stuff and I find the thematic elements fine in concept, but for me the bad far outweighs them and just make the series fall flat on its face.
>>
>>14443867
>Series of films following Junior as a grown up never
>>
>>14444067
so what the fuck Godzilla do you actually enjoy? All of those apply ten times as much to both Showa and Millennium
>>
>>14444097
Nah, the millenium's effects weren't always awful. I mean, sure Godzilla 2000, and Godzilla vs Megaguirus had bad CGI, but GMK had spectacular effects (especially on a practical level) and The kiryu movies looked pretty good in my opinion, especially the detail on Godzilla being more than just regular scales. The cinemotagraphy was also shot much better too with good angles. The writing also was better in my opinion, even if it's not great. The acting was hit or miss though, but I think the millenium era had the best movies in regards to production quality.

Showa was also pretty good for the time they were around, and continuity? Son, the showa was like a shared universe at the time. And also, compare showa godzilla's effects to Showa GAMERA, and you will see a large difference.
>>
>>14444151
Showa was garbage, take off the nostalgiagoggles. All Showa toku was crap in general and Godzilla was no exception.
>>
>>14443978
This scene consists of two monsters standing perfectly still and then exchanging beam attacks, and that's what you're using as the counterexample to Heisei Godzilla?

I think people get wowed by the Gamera suit and the ending and forget what a colossal piece of shit Revenge of Irys really is. The only good parts are the ones that recontextualize the first two movies. The rest of it is weather-predicting Dreamcasts, dumb magic conspiracy bullshit, and obnoxious evil girl with her tentacle rape monster. Gamera is in the movie for like one minute, and he spends most of that minute pinned to a wall. Yeah, the Gamera suit is cool, especially compared to googly-eyed Gamera and Gyaos from Guardian of the Universe, but that's really the only thing carrying the movie.
>>
>>14444097
>so what the fuck Godzilla do you actually enjoy?
To be honest, not many of the films. What I don't like about Heisei is that it has the makings of a great series, but it falls short, making it so frustrating. It shows promise, and Biollante had some amazing effects for its budget and time, but the series as a whole just feels underwhelming compared to what it could have (or should have) been.

Also, I agree with most of what >>14444151 said, though I don't hold a high opinion about most of the Millennium films either.
>>
File: gkick.gif (32KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
gkick.gif
32KB, 320x239px
>>14444167
>All Showa toku was crap in general

Yeah, really. As a Kamen Rider fan I can attest that the shit made before 1987 or so is literally unwatchable. Now magnify that crappiness with guys in giant rubber suits wrestling on cheap sets full of cardboard houses.
>>
You know, I when I was young, I taught myself how to write screenplays. Like, actual ones too. I still write them as a dude in college, in fact, but I'll never forget the first screenplay I wrote.

It was Godzilla versus Thymagon, a movie where a team of G-force agents were dispatched during a Godzilla rampage, only for a strange biomechanic dragon thing to appear, and pull Godzilla into the time warp it created.

The G-force is scared that time might be fucked up, but thanks to an experimental top secret time-traveling ship they built, they travel after Godzilla and the monster, which duel across ancient history, an undecided future, and in the end, go into the void of time and space itself. Before this though, theres a scene where Godzilla is stranded in medieval Europe, and throughs a wester dragon into a remaining time warp hole. That becomes the bioorganinc monster after spending an eternity through time changing, and wants revenge for Godzilla.

The finale comes when at the void, the ship and the crew members attempt traveling to multiple timelines to gather as many godzillas as they can. Eventually, every Godzilla from every movie would beat the shit out of Thymagon.

It's stupid and fan-fictiony, I know, but I was eleven when I wrote this. It was the weirest thing I've ever written, and sadly, I deleted it. It was weird as shit.
>>
>>14444167
Okay, I'm also sick of hearing this, too. Of course Showa Godzilla wasn't great, but not all of it was bad, either! I think specifically the films from King Kong vs. Godzilla up to Destroy All Monsters were great. The others? yeah, I get that, but that doesn't mean that all Showa was garbage.

It's like hating on the Adam West Batman TV series; it's stupid, it's comedic, and it's not well made a lot of the time, but it still contributes a lot to the character whilst being true to him. Is it a masterpiece? Hell no, it's silly! Is it garbage? No.

Stop hating on all Showa, people. No one said it was perfect.

>>14444184
>Not liking original Kamen Rider
I haven't seen it, but I thought it'd at least be good, maybe on par with Ultraman.
>>
>>14444212
>I haven't seen it, but I thought it'd at least be good

Do you realize how toxic your 'it's good because it's old' nostalgiafagging does? Also are you honestly implying the original Ultraman is somehow good?

Also Adam West Batman is unwatchable garbage that literally stigmatized Batman for DECADES and DC had to work HARD to shake off the image?
>>
>>14444212
>but I thought it'd at least be good

you've never been to /krg/ huh
>>
>>14444223
Yeah, Ultraman was alright. I mean, it's still technically going to this day, innit?

And I'm not saying it's good because it's old. I'm saying it's not BAD because it's old. Why do you hate it? You treat it like it's cancer rather than just silly Godzilla films. You also seem to be aggrandizing that I seem to think they're masterpieces.

Look, I'm not trying to fight with you, so I'm going to refrain from using any insults because I think you can make a good argument if you want to. All I'm, saying is that the hate for everything Showa is unwarranted, and that people could at least watch it while laughing about how absurd it is.

>>14444233
No, because I haven't watched Kamen Rider yet. I don't think it'll be good as much as I think it'll be entertaining like Ultraman. By good, I mean enjoyable to watch, not good as in an actually well-made production. I mean, this is old toku, we're talking about.
>>
>>14444241

Media is meant to entertain. Old and outdated things are not entertaining. What do you find so complicated about this? Go to /tv/ or some shit if you want to be a pretentious hipster about people's taste in entertainment and the perfectly reasonable and in fact common mindset that you aren't obligated to find decades old shit entertaining.
>>
>>14444241
> still technically going to this day

Yeah and? The Heisei Ultraman all blow the shitty showa ones out of the water. In fact the big problem of Ultraman today is constant showa wank and bringing back the old has been actors from 50 years ago.
>>
>>14444248
>Old and outdated things are not entertaining.
We're talking about Godzilla. Godzilla is old. Plus, something is old automatically means it's bad? That's a huge generalization. I mean, that's like saying I can't play the piano because the keyboard is better. Showa movies were never up to par with movies now, and I get that, but why does that make them bad if you can still watch them and laugh? It's not like I said they're Citizen Kane or something, I just don't think they're the worst films ever, and should be seen as fun pieces of a time before ours.

Let me try to explain myself better. They're bad now because the materials they made aren't as advanced now as they were then. The movies however were sucessful for that time, and were seen as good. Even if they aren't good now, they're still "so bad, they're good" and enjoyable.

They're not pure trash, and no, they shouldn't be considered as awful and unwatchable as much as they are "heh, you can see the strings". I don't get why people can't get that.

>>14444259
I personally think the main problem with Ultraman now is not just the showa actors, but the fact they constantly bring a bunch of actors from a bunch of different series. Tiga may be my favorite Ultraman, but having him show up in everything new is just as common for me to see Ultraseven at this point. The other problem I have is all the toyetic merchandising that is involved. But yeah, I mean, despite that, the show still makes money, has a bunch of movies, and is popular.
>>
https://youtu.be/yBEMKfdLDbI
Post favorite Godzilla moment
>>
>>14444292
>That's a huge generalization.

And a factual one. There's a reason old stuff isn't popular.
Citizen Kane is crap too because of it's age.
Watching something that's 'so bad its good' is just ironic hipsterism and not a legit critique.
>>
>>14444292
> like saying I can't play the piano because the keyboard is better.

Isn't that true though? I mean there's nothing a piano can't do that a keyboard can't, and do better. Progress is a thing for a reason. Or do you still use an old IBM computer from like 1985 instead of a modern PC?
>>
>>14444309
>a keyboard
>which samples its sounds
>is better than the instrument that naturally produces said sound

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy
>>
File: bde.png (219KB, 827x1050px) Image search: [Google]
bde.png
219KB, 827x1050px
>>14444304
>Citizen Kane is crap too because of it's age.
You played your hand too strong.
>>
>>14444323
If it produce a fine enough quality you won't can't even tell the difference.
>>
>>14444324
It's true though. Being old doesn't make it good.
>>
>>14444309
My point is that despite that, people still play the piano.

>>14444304
If I were a hipster, I'd like things ironically. I legit like the charm and goofiness of the showa films. There's nothing wrong with that. Despite the datedness of a certain property, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it unless it's nonfunctioning. Why shouldn't I like the showa era if I just think it's interesting? I'm not saying it's the best, I'm saying it shouldn't be HATED rather than kind of acknowledged. They're B-movies, for god's sake, not modern works of art. And tell me, is a Space Odyssey also garbage? It was made in the sixties too. The logic that something old should be forgotten and hated is not true. And last time I checked, today's mainstream audiences aren't a fan of any Hesei movies either. At the very least, one can at least say that Showa is good for a kid's film.

You're argument is that the Showa films were awful and should be hated. I'm saying that the hated garnered is for no reason, and explaining why. Give me a reason more than "something old is bad" that I can grasp at here.

>>14444338
I never said it's good because it's old, I'm saying it's good because it's well made, and remains in people's minds, and still has entertainment value upon it.

>>14444336
I guess that's what current Ultraman is doing then: using the old to replicate it, which I believe someone said was a bad thing.
>>
>>14444347
>And tell me, is a Space Odyssey also garbage? It was made in the sixties too.

Yes. It's an outdated movie. Do you not realize how progress works or something?

>Give me a reason more than "something old is bad" that I can grasp at here.

This is a valid argument though. Using your logic we should drive around in Model T's instead of modern cars and it's perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>14444338
>>
>>14444167
Most of the best Godzilla films are all from the Showa Era. G54, Mothra vs Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Monster Zero. Biollante, G2000, and GMK are the best entries since the Showa Era ended. Both the Heisei and Millennium Eras are filled with middling films featuring outdated special effects for their time and loads of unfulfilled potential.
>>
File: image.png (680KB, 619x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
680KB, 619x480px
>>14444338
>>14444357
Nothing to see here, move along.
>>
>>14444382
>I disregard views that are not only different to mine but are held by the majority of people under the age of 60
>>
>>14444357
Okay, if I don't understand the concept of all older things are bad, then why don't you try to explain that to me?
>>
>>14444391
It was already adequately explained in >>14444248
>>
>>14444391
they're old and outdated
so basically they're just old
like, cars. or something
>>
>>14444393
But that doesn't mean that everything old is automatically awful. Coca-Cola has been around forever, does that mean the drink is bad, and should be forgotten? Or Pepsi for that matter?

>>14444396
Yeah, because old antique cars are never valuable, right? Who'd want a delorean because the car is old, and was in an old movie?
>>
>>14444404
Showa should not be hated.
>>
>>14444404
exactly
old is mostly dead anyway so it might as well be #carousel2016
>>
>>14444404
Do you honestly believe Coke and Pepsi have tasted the same for all these years? They taste much better now than they ever did before.
Also you wouldn't drive around in a Delorean today and claim it's superior to modern cars would you?
>>
>>14444387
Explain how more recent art is inherently better than older art, then. Are more vibrant colors or better CGI graphics the only thing to judge a movie on? Is Shakespeare inherently worse than anything written on a typewriter or computer? Because art does not serve a function as technology does.

I know this is bait but I want to see how you'll keep responding.
>>
>>14444408
meant for >>14444167
>>
>>14444412
What makes it bait? The idea of progress is bait to you? Also yes to all your questions, that's how PROGRESS fucking WORKS.

>>14444408
>>14444418
Grow up.
>>
Wa the GMK Godzilla made up of Japanese souls only or everyone who died in the Pacific theater? It's been a while since I've seen it. Ironically, doesn't calling upon ancient Japanese guardian spirits to strike down war guilt make it even more nationalistic than Shin?
>>
>>14444411
You'd know because you've tasted coke from the fuckin' 50's, right?

>>14444420
Progress isn't ignoring the past. It's acknowledging it, and taking influence for a better future. What you're doing is acknowledging all the wrong, and focusing on how to differentiate it as much as possible so that you don't do it again, only to realize your actions are the very same. I think you're the one with a lack of progress. You're literally using the same logic as an SJW by stating that we should create new things, new differences! Yay! Look at how things were in the olden days! They were bad because they were old!
>>
>>14444438
>SJWS

Argument invalidated by default. Go back to /pol/.
>>
Who else besides the bait unironically hates showa because they think it shouldn't be thought about?

I'd be happy to prove you wrong.

You know, unless you just prefer another series and can't get into it because it's not your thing
>>
>>14444420
So you'd rather eat a 15 pound shit I just took than a steak meal made 30 minutes ago?
>>
>>14444446
/krg/ does unironically
>>
>>14444438
I can promise you Coke didn't taste nearly as good in the old days as it does today with more advanced equipment and ingredients involved.
>>
>>14444445
So I can't use an example? I'm just saying his argument is that of people with a similar mindset, yet are perceived as flawed.

>>14444452
Really? They prefer overly complicated toy merchandising? I mean, can't really argue there, because I've never been attracted to Kamen Rider when I saw how toyetic it looked.

>>14444459
Ok, I'm gonna actually take blame on this one, because you're right here. Coke actually WAS different back then. The closest thing you can find to tasting like it is imported from mexico in bottles. I've had it before, and it tasted pure, man.
>>
>>14444471
/krg/ is without exaggeration as step away from throwing their own grandparents onto the street with their 'out with the old' mentality
>>
>>14444471
>I'm just saying his argument is that of people with a similar mindset,

More like the imaginary group of boogeyman people you're butthurt at.
>>
>>14444452
>/krg/
Are those the guys who said that a hero that use fruits to fight evil should be taken seriously as shakesphere?
>>
>>14444534
Yeah pretty much. in general they despise anything made before the year 2000 and you can always tell them when they leave their containment thread
>>
>>14444448
That's not a sensible comparison as both were made relatively close to one another and not DECADES apart, stupid.
>>
File: SHOWA VS HESEI.png (473KB, 1111x555px) Image search: [Google]
SHOWA VS HESEI.png
473KB, 1111x555px
Alright! I have an idea to figure this out!

We shall do a vote! If team Showa wins, I'll sing the orignal Mothra song IN JAPANESE.

If team Anti-Showa wins, I shall sing it in English.

THE LINK: http://www.strawpoll.me/10657655
>>
>>14444336
you can't call it better though.

functionally equivalent, but not anything close to better. String synthesis is an approximation of the sound, it'll never match acoustic properties of a piano and its physical design.
>>
File: g vs mgII.gif (899KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
g vs mgII.gif
899KB, 400x294px
>>14444657
>Does the Showa era deserve to be universally HATED on?

No one is saying it deserves to be hated on you shit.

I'm just saying I can enjoy Heisei anytime of the day for it's great effects, memorable monsters, and fun concepts.

I said in the thread prior, that I enjoy some Showa movies('54, both the Mecha G movies, Destroy all Monsters, King Kong and a few more) but when you get into shit like the giant lobster, and son of Godzilla stuff, that's when I fold.

There is no doubt that stuff like Terror of MechaGodzilla had some amazing effects, and a cool plot. But I think the stories for Heisei were more interesting.

>Muh mature Godzilla

I just don't like how overly campy Showa is.
>>
>>14444689
>No one is saying it deserves to be hated on you shit.

Try reading the thread. He wasn't talking about you but the /krg/ folks come to visit.
>>
>blaming a general for Billy's shitposting spree about everyone being blinded by nostalgia
You guys can keep Billy
>>
>>14444703
And this guy >>14444167 who keptsaying anything old is bad.
>>
>>14444657
Five more minutes before vote closes and I do a recording for the winner.
>>
>>14444746
Voting time's up. Showa wins by 100%.

Your prize will be delivered soon.
>>
>>14444741
That's /krg/ perfectly though
>>
>>14444780
This /krg/ sounds awful. No fun from the showa in their lives. Why?
>>
>>14444783
they are legitimately children / teenagers who are threatened and hateful of anything made before 2000 or so, not just Kamen Rider but basically all media.
>>
So, do you think Shin Godzilla is gonna be like GMK Godzilla? Just angry all the time?
>>
>>14444783
This is what happens when anons discover they can ruin entire threads by arguing with themselves the whole time.
>>
>>14444657
Alright, Showa won. Here's the prize of a faggot singing the mothra song in Japanese. Enjoy your cringe.

>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0aCIvZ3PXMP
>>
File: a beautiful smile.jpg (29KB, 700x344px) Image search: [Google]
a beautiful smile.jpg
29KB, 700x344px
>>14444841
Absolutely, except this time, he's got no reason to go to Japan.
>>
File: gendo is threatened.jpg (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
gendo is threatened.jpg
127KB, 500x281px
>>14443427
I'm excited but I was also excited for Rebuild
>>
El Rey and its description of Godzilla movies.

Literal synopsis for Mothra vs Godzilla:

Mothra defends her offspring when Godzilla invades their Pacific Island nursery.
>>
>>14445547
>he only watches the movie El Rey show him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEPgNDKI-dw
>>
>>14444877
I think this was is another force of nature Godzilla. He doesn't care about where he goes, he just destroys whatever ends up in his path.
>>
>>14444248

alright you defective little shit. shut the fuck up and don't run your mouth about things you don't understand.

they may not be entertaining TO YOU, but that probably just means that you can't understand it because you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>14447702
Please don't argue with /krg/. It's a losing battle.
>>
File: 988743987439843.jpg (274KB, 2575x921px) Image search: [Google]
988743987439843.jpg
274KB, 2575x921px
I don't think there has been too much discussion about the human characters for Resurgence, so let's tackle that subject. Anno usually brings interesting characters to the table, most notably in Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'd argue for Kare Kano (didn't entirely stick to the source material) and Gunbuster too.

Any guesses on what we might get from Anno in what seems to be a grounded and serious Godzilla flick? Most of the characters are involved with government in one way or another.

The three mains are: Special Envoy for the President of the United States (Satomi Ishihara), Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary (Hiroki Hasegawa), and Aide to the Prime Minister (Yutaka Takenouchi). There will be over 300 supporting and cameo appearances from celebrities. Satomi Ishihara will be speaking a lot of English and Yutaka Takenouchi said the film will have a deeper message.

And I guess it's worth mentioning that, according to some rumors, the human drama was a little dull and that reshoots were done to fix this problem. What do we have on our hands here?
>>
>>14450201
Something either great, or disapointing. No in-between.
>>
>>14444338
being new doesn't mean that is good either though
>>
>>14450201
BANANA OIL
>>
File: Lilith_Third_Impact.png (615KB, 710x706px) Image search: [Google]
Lilith_Third_Impact.png
615KB, 710x706px
Due to the tagline, Reality (Japan) vs Fiction (Godzilla), I'm expecting the film to try to contrast Godzilla's existence with our world as much as possible. Explore what a realistic response would be to the towering and disfigured entity that the titular character is depicted as in this film. Talented use of surreal imagery (EoE-like) and gradually revealing Godzilla's abilities would be the way to accomplish this. Show humanity to be utterly defenseless in the face of the rampaging giant.

The term shin can be translated to God, true, or new. Given Anno's background, I suspect that the deity related translation is the one to be paying the most attention to. Keep in mind, Godzilla will probably be receiving a new origin story since this film is a complete reboot. With all this said, the human element will be key to something of this nature succeeding. Especially if there won't be any other monsters. We'll need to sympathize with the struggles of the characters. Feel their desperation. Godzilla (1954) did this wonderfully. Emotion is where Return of Godzilla (1984) and Godzilla (2014) missed the mark.
>>
File: My_thoughts.jpg (604KB, 1319x323px) Image search: [Google]
My_thoughts.jpg
604KB, 1319x323px
>>14450741
Considering this is Anno we're talking about, I think emotions will be covered with aplomb.

Expect some tragically pathetic people to be crushed under foot folks.
>>
So what's everyone's favorite film?

Ghidorah, the Three Headed Monster is my favorite. Fun sci-fi subplot and fantastic special effects for the time.
>>
>>14451026
Terror of Mechagodzilla
>>
>>14451026
One of my favorites. Godzilla's first step to becoming a hero and King Ghidorah's introductory film. The human characters are fun to watch, especially Shindo and the princess. I liked the human antagonists too. And the monster action is creative and exciting.

>>14451053
Not too fond of this one. It's uneven in every category. The aliens are too outlandish for such a serious drama. Not enough time is devoted to the romantic relationship, which is a significant problem because of how much hinges upon this one element. Somehow, in a post-G54 world, Dr. Mafune was banished from the scientific community for believing dinosaurs exist.
>>
>>14451026
Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla is my favorite. Kiryu is amazing.
>>
File: Blood Type Rock-A-Dile Red.gif (3MB, 218x122px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Type Rock-A-Dile Red.gif
3MB, 218x122px
>>14443427
Shikinami just doesn't have the same ring to it as Soryu.
Misato should be holding Mothra, since she used the Mothra cry as her ringtone in 2.22.
>>
>>14451113
That was Ghidorah's roar not Mothra's
>>
>>14451026
Original.

I know I'm probably in the minority with this, but Ghidorah was one of the ones I enjoyed the least.
>>
>>14450986
Man, I don't understand what that image is saying.
>but as the 90's rolled on he grew more and more humanized to the point where he is no longer an animal by vs Destroyah. The Godzilla that wept for Jr just isn't the same one that was lured in to the volcano and attacked an immobile monster purely out of instinct
>but with an impressively consistent production staff at the helm for that period audiences ended up seeing a genuine character development in the big lug. how many other title characters make the transition from object of mass destruction to adopting a son?

Aren't these shitting on the Heisei era for the exact same reasons it's praising the Showa era for? (or am I missing something)
>>
>>14452456
The short answer is that the Showa series didn't take itself too seriously in the mid to late 60's when all four of Godzilla's creators were alive, allowing for more character flexibility in the monsters.
This is in contrast to that Hesei movies which were played as serious as hell with a straight face all the way through, and wasted time trying to be scientifically accurate for there time.
>>
>>14452637
I'm still feeling lost on this. Yes, the Showa series didn't take itself too seriously, and yes, the Heisei series took itself seriously, but I don't see what that has to do with Godzilla gradually changing over the course of multiple movies. They both managed to become more human (as opposed to just a large, unfeeling lizard) in their own way over time, right? Why would that make one series worse than the other?
>>
>>14443427
Underwhelmed, it's going to suck.
>>
>>14453022
Can you elaborate on your feelings? What about the movie makes you think it's not going to be good?
>>
>>14453063
Not the same anon, but I'm also keeping my hopes down. We've still seen so little from the movie, so there's not a lot to judge, but the news/rumors about the production being late and other stuff is enough to fire up my general pessimism.

That, plus I know how shitty Japanese effect movies can get, and I'm way too familiar with Toho's "lets get this shit out as fast as possible" mentality regarding their former Godzilla output. I know they're putting in more effort, but that doesn't always amount to much, which is why I'm not having high expectations.

And Anno can be as much of a liability as an asset. I have ambivalent feelings about the Godzilla design, and so far these mirror my feelings about the entire project. I'm also kinda fearful about what the movie could do to the franchise as a whole if it turns out to be bad or just plain underwhelming, even if it doesn't see a meaningful release outside Japan.
>>
>>14443083
i'm an avid /m/ fan, and i'm more excited about shin-chan being in the movie than new Godzilla.
>>
>>14453230
If the movie does suck I wonder how the Evageeks would defend Anno.
>>
>>14453301
They'd blame Toho. It's an easy target and there's some truth on that accusation, what made it the perfect scapegoat
>>
File: Raw.jpg (39KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Raw.jpg
39KB, 400x600px
>>14452967
Neither of them are bad, but it being more consistent in Heisei compared with Showa.

Showa wasn't as much character development, as is was the Studio not knowing what to do with Godzilla, since he was never meant to be this huge franchise. Him jumping from being a Mutated Giant Animal, to a Villain, to a Antihero, and finally a Super Hero, it throws people off in terms of how to look at Showa.

Personally I like 70's Godzilla, but that's what it is, 70's Godzilla. It was a product of it's time and died with it's time, bringing it back now as it was would be a suicidal move(Look at Ultraman's "Respect").

Heisei Godzilla is a Godzilla that you can bring back at anytime without people questioning it, look at all the merchandise surrounding the Heisei Design.
Most of the the Heisei Series kept Godzilla's personality the same, aside from the "Human emotions" caused by becoming/being a father.
>>
>>14453355
Showa Godzilla, whether intentional or not, consistently evolved as a character. And the spirit of the Golden Age and post-GA Showa Era installments can certainly be revived. It's ultimately a matter of execution. Final Wars was a terrible attempt. Trying something doesn't mean you succeeded at it.

Potential leaks might make Godzilla Resurgence seem dull, with it possibly being a solo film and all. Though we have to take visual direction, score, and acting into account. If the filmmakers nail those elements, we might have one of the better entries of this franchise in a long time. I consider myself cautiously optimistic about this project.
>>
>>14453355
Ah okay, that makes a bit more sense. Thanks, bro.
>>
>>14453355
It's a series with the same people pulling the strings, directing, creating the spx, and scoring the movie, and you're going to say with a straight face that character development didn't happen?
Please rationale how Godzilla went from a murderous asshole in 1964 to the de facto savior of earth in DAM.
>>
>>14453915
different set-in-stone timelines
>>
File: 4784397843943.gif (551KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
4784397843943.gif
551KB, 500x291px
I thought this was an interesting mash-up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU9gocRbcDE
>>
File: Soon.jpg (30KB, 480x392px) Image search: [Google]
Soon.jpg
30KB, 480x392px
>>14453915
Toho/The Directors had no idea what to do with Godzilla after 1954, so Showa's personality changed with each new suit and was all over the place.
You can call it "character development", but it came down to what Toho wanted Godzilla to be for that film.
>"Oh we have Godzilla fight Kong? Make him the Villain!"
>"We have Godzilla fighting Mothra? Make him the Villain!"
>"We have Godzilla fighting a Spider and adopting a kid? Make him a stern but loving Father!"
>"We have Godzilla Fighting pollution and a alien made of it? Make him a Echo friendly Superhero..that flies!"
At that point you could just see Godzilla as an actor taking on similar, but many different roles.

It's hard to see that the Godzilla from Raids again, IS the same Godzilla from the 70's, and finally in DAM(In order).
While people can tell that the Godzilla from 84 is the same Godzilla from Vs. Mechagodzilla and finally in Vs. Destroyah.

Audiences wanted something more mature since the times were changing(1984/1989), and Toho wanted to make a new series of movies featuring a "More True" Godzilla. After the drastic change from 84 to 89, Heisei's suit never changed majorly aside from a few slight changes,
>84's suit(Based on 70's suit) was stolen, so they made a new suit for 89.
>95's Suit was made because the 93/94 suit was falling apart.
Personality wise, Heisei Godzilla was always the same, and grew slightly with him becoming a father, where he showed the most emotion.
>>
File: tumblr_o9u7roxYFh1qcqjsdo1_1280.jpg (161KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9u7roxYFh1qcqjsdo1_1280.jpg
161KB, 600x884px
>>14455676
The second Showa Godzilla was never really all that much of a villain. This includes his portrayal in Godzilla Raids Again, King Kong vs Godzilla, and Mothra vs Godzilla. He kind of simply wandered around aimlessly and kept getting attacked. Honestly, compare him to the original Godzilla. The latter made consistent and deliberate attacks on Japan until being vanquished by the Oxygen Destroyer. Anyway, the second Godzilla simply kept getting into trouble until convinced by Mothra to help save the Earth. Afterwards, ignoring the events of Monster Zero, he tried going back into hibernation. Thanks to some teenagers and terrorists, he is forced back into action and following that he stumbles upon a distress signal. Said signal happens to be Minya and Godzilla reluctantly becomes a father. Years later, assuming the films take place in the years they were released, Godzilla takes up defending Earth from various extraterrestrial threats. With the exception of Megalon (which Godzilla was thrown in at the last second for marquee value), all of the monster's depictions after Ghidorah is some form of hero with an attitude. It isn't difficult to believe it's the same character. May have been accidental. But it works fairly well considering the two decades worth of time, switch in primary audience, and changing of creative teams.

Also, it seems Hideaki Anno intends to outdo Ishiro Honda's Gojira with Shin Gojira/Godzilla Resurgence. Lofty goals there. Let's see how it works out for him.
>>
>>14455749
Despite Godzilla not being a "scheming villain", he was clearly set up as the villain in Kong and Mothra. He was an unstoppable force that would level Japan unless another monster was brought in to save the day.
Raids Again, he was just a wondering animal.

>It isn't difficult to believe it's the same character. May have been accidental.
It is when the story doesn't make it clear. With appearance and personality changes, it causes confusion in where to start and how to grow with the character for new viewers.
James Bond is probably our closest comparison in the West.

>"Also, it seems Hideaki Anno intends to outdo Ishiro Honda's Gojira with Shin Gojira/Godzilla Resurgence. Lofty goals there. Let's see how it works out for him".
I saw and I can say I'm very worried now.
>>
File: file.png (498KB, 1024x417px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
498KB, 1024x417px
When the hell am I going to get a hollywood Mothra movie???

I've had enough angry lizard. I want Mothra!
>>
>>14455980
Mothra is not a very threatening monster. Unless you are a cabbage farmer that is.

I would love to see them try though.
>>
>>14455980
When kaiju loving western woman and little girls combine to form a viable consumer market, like it once happened in Japland.

As things stand, Mothra's such a "uniquely Japanese monster" that the rest of the world would just look at her and start laughing. Unless the American Godzilla sequel(s) can make her marketable, at best I can only see her appearing as a guest star in some Barbie movie or some shit like that.
>>
File: Stahp.jpg (13KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Stahp.jpg
13KB, 250x250px
>>14455980
>>14456008
I've discussed this a few times and for Legendary's Universe, I'd love to see.
>3 years before the events of Godzilla.
>Monarch sends a group of scientists and explorers to an Island after getting reports of something strange going on there.
>The Animals on the island consist of Herbivores, while any Carnivore has died off, or is "Starving itself to death".
>The Group start noticing strange effects as they begin feeling extremely calm and "laid back" after hearing a "Unknown Humming".
>The group come across a enormous plateau, with what appears to be an Egg, where animals are gathering, and seem to be watching something.
>While theycontact Monarch HQ, a Giant Moth slowly appears behind them (Phases in), and connection is lost.
-
>3 years have passed and Godzilla is known to the world.
>The group that was on the island are now "Followers" of Mothra.
>Two women in the group both heard a strange voice that told them that the Moth's name was Mothra, and how she's there to make the world peaceful, and without danger.
>Everything experienced by the group and animals, is caused by the powder like substance coming off Mothra's wings.
>The "Cult" of Mothra wants to expand Mothra's influence to the world in hopes of making it safe for everyone.
-
>Mothra's abilities are being able to create powder with psychedelic effects on smaller creatures, making her seem Invisible to some, or causing "Relaxing" effects, or hearing voices.
>When she flies, her wings produce a signal that causes certain creatures to feel "Peaceful".
>Creating Hurricane like winds, by flapping her wings.
>Her size is Huge, even compared to Godzilla.
>Mothra goal is to get rid of all predators so that she can protect her egg and future larva.
>>
>>14456094
Everybody knows Mothra though.

All Americans know Godzilla, but how many know the names of King Ghidorah or Biollante? Mothra is widest known in America, after Godzilla himself. Mothra would be the second answer on the Family Feud.
>>
>>14456109
I think it'd be cool if they did greenscreened tiny singing women again too.
>>
>>14456094
Idea for an American Mothra target demo: stoners.

Trust me on this. Laid back relaxing Mothra antics.
>>
>>14456117
That's what the two women are for.
No one would take Tiny Twins serious, especially for the realistic tone of G14.
>>
>>14455676
>No one at Toho ever planned ahead, and this is a fact because I say so
>Muh mature fire breathing dinosaur
>Sources
Starting to understand why /krg/ is mocked here.
>>
>>14456318
Where would you go after a successful Drama/Disaster film featuring a monster?

Compared to Showa, Heisei was matured, it's comparable to Adam West's Batman to Tim Burton's Batman.

Sources?
>>
File: 1456065055309.gif (944KB, 376x450px) Image search: [Google]
1456065055309.gif
944KB, 376x450px
Anyone else getting tired of waiting? Between bbp's autism and the tk horror stories, these Godzilla threads are getting less comfy by the hour.
>>
>>14456426
/m/ Godzilla threads have been pretty pessimistic and negative lately. At least actual discussions do pop up from time to time, if rarely.

Some movie news would be welcome. Even though it would likely just add to the fire and stir up more squabbling.
>>
>>14456461
Has August Ragone or any other credible fan leaked a few more hints lately?
>>
File: 1467571716540.jpg (127KB, 550x640px) Image search: [Google]
1467571716540.jpg
127KB, 550x640px
>>14456426
At least I try and keep shit alive, I may be autistic, but it gets people talking.

>>14456461
Discussion should pick up around new info and release of the film.

>>14456555
Nothing as far as I've heard, mostly discussion that Godzilla will be fully CG, and that production canned the "Suit"/Puppet they had.
>>
>>14456555
Speaking of Ragone has he ever done any interviews where he talks about Toku facts in general? The host segments on Shout's marathons are great and I want more.
>>
>>14456008
>>14455980
How were the Mothra movies? Thinking about watching them.
>>
>>14456907
the original is very pretty and cool
the more modern ones are there
>>
>>14456907
>The original was pretty decent, it's a Solo film.
>Rebirth of Mothra is pretty good, fun Kaiju action.
>RoM 2 is Shit.
>RoM 3 is on the level of RoM 1, but better.
>>
>>14456109
Better question, how are they going to introduce King Ghidorah?
>>
>>14457435
"Look, there's a dragon."
>>
>>14457435
>>14457449
Make Ghidorah the one responsible for the extinction event that ended Godzilla's species.
>>
>>14456109
What are the chances of the Legendary Universe still happening? The current situation is similar to the one back in 1998. Adjusted for inflation, G98 and G14 box office earnings aren't too different (although G98 was very much a disappointment). Much like Sony, Legendary decides not to immediately follow up with a sequel and the original director drops out. In the meantime, Toho produces its own film. Also, the sequel to G98 gets pushed back until eventually getting canceled/rights expired. If the new Kong film doesn't do well, it could further hurt the chances of seeing Godzilla 2.
>>
>>14457506
>What are the chances of the Legendary Universe still happening?
as long as they can get it moving before DC movies crash and burn I expect it to happen for at least two more movies
>>
>>14457435
Depends on how far they're willing to bend from the "realistic" tone they have for Legendary Godzilla Universe.
I'd love to have a movie start out like Armageddon/Deep Impact, then realize part of the way through that The Meteor is actually a Monster, and it arrives on Earth like Showa Ghidorah.

>>14457506
That's what I was discussing on a few boards a while ago.
With the MCU being a biggest in Shared Cinema, Legendary has a option to make or break the Kaiju genre in the West.
Legendary fucked up when they decided to count their eggs early and say "Godzilla vs. King Kong 2020!", even before Kong's movie is out and no idea on how well it will even do.
With the push backs and the one connection to Godzilla coming in 2017, and it's a "Prequel", it really limits the Universe they wish to create, and threatens the whole idea just because they aren't putting out to demand.

Have:
>Godzilla(14)
>Kong (17)
>Mothra(Mothra vs Rodan) (18)
>Godzilla 2 (19)
>Kong 2/ "King Kong"(vs. Kumonga or Gorosaurus).(19)
>Godzilla vs King Kong (20)
>Destroy All Monsters (22)
>>
>>14457506
>If the new Kong film doesn't do well, it could further hurt the chances of seeing Godzilla 2.
Currently, I'm waiting to see how this goes. Godzilla 2014 wasn't some enormous smash success, but the high opening attendance and pre-release buzz showed that there could still be a market for giant monster movies. They can still build up this thing.

Problem is, both the 1998 and 2014 movies have "tainted" the genre's image in the general public's mind (to different degrees), so studios will have to go about this carefully, trying hard not to repeat the recent movie's mistakes (like shitty human plot and misleading marketing). At any rate, at least G2014 wasn't a merchandising failure, had better management over its budget, and the American press and critics haven't been as hostile towards it as to G1998.

I'll wait to see how Resurgence and the new Kong film perform, though I'm placing a bigger importance on the latter.
>>
File: 1455768087084.jpg (7KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
1455768087084.jpg
7KB, 250x224px
>>14457605
As of Right now, Kong is definitely the deciding factor on whether or not Godzilla 2 will be effected and if Gvs KK will go on.

It's cool that they're connecting the Two monsters again, but there has been no heavy advertisement towards it as of right now that says "This movie is a Prequel to Godzilla!" or "Before Godzilla awakened, there was KONG!".

I get King Kong is the American monster, but what mainly worries me about Skull Island is that it's being played so empty handed.
>They claim this movie will be different from other Kong films.
>They said this Kong will be 100ft tall.
>They mentioned that this Kong will be more of a Protagonist.
>They have a prequel comic showing "Kong" fight another "Kong".
>The plot has Monarch being the connection to Godzilla in the movie.

I just want them to do Kong justice, even though I've never really been a fan of the monster.
Example, Who are you rooting for in Godzilla vs Kong, and why?
>>
>>14457665
I root for Godzilla, because Godzilla has much more character than the overgrown ape.

I do hope Kong fights a giant octopus again though.
>>
>>14457665
If Toho is truly going to put forth an honest effort this time (which seems to be the case), I'm more excited about future Japanese installments than Legendary's Shared Universe. Godzilla (2014) left a sour taste in my mouth and my expectations for anything else in that particular universe is pretty low.

It would be interesting if Toho hired a notable Japanese director each film and allowed them large amounts of creative control. That would keep things fresh and exciting. And Anno's ambitiousness has my attention. He is aiming straight for the top. Gojira itself. If he succeeds, we'll have true kino on our hands.
>>
>>14457665
>Example, Who are you rooting for in Godzilla vs Kong, and why?
Godzilla, not for any poignant reason, I simply mostly tend to root for the reptile and I like him better in concept.
>>
>>14456123
Simple slice of life levity with Mothra in the forefront?
>>
>>14456907
They're all fantastic.
>>
>>14456907
They're mostly kinda good. The original is still the best.

BUT HOLY SHIT REBIRTH OF MOTHRA 2 IS FUCKING GARBAGE.
>>
>>14460166
Except Rebirth 2
>>
>>14461228
What, you didn't like the magic peeing furby?
>>
>>14457506
You don't know shit

Yes they did similar numbers, but the marketing budget of G98 was fucking huge, followed by bad critics right after the first week
Plus, they did an embargo on all the marchandise to hide the new design, so after the box bomb office retailers couldn't get rid of this shit

It was so hard that it killed Trendmasters and made lose a lot of money to various companies

G2014 did none of those and a had to make up for that shitfest

Toho producing a new movie is normal, it already was on the contract of G98, and after it it's normal they're extra careful now
>>
>>14457665
Who the fuck cares about Kong?
>>
Japanese Youtube is weird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrgK6upuk-8
>>
>>14444045
We where going to get one, but Toho decided to make Godzilla Island instead.
>>
File: cap.png (143KB, 487x360px) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
143KB, 487x360px
>>14462984
>tfw
>>
File: Kirby slurp.png (43KB, 208x224px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby slurp.png
43KB, 208x224px
>yfw Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster 2 and Kong vs Godzilla rematch spawns Rodan, Mothra, Varan, Anguirus, Baragon and other kaiju origin stories.
>>
>>14443083
>kantam robo vs godzilla
>ultrahero vs godzilla

YES PLEASE
>>
>>14463037
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-32sIGYCnvk
>>
>>14462984
Dude, Godzilla Island is fucking great. I can safely say that Gigan's never been cooler.
>>
>6 = Exceptionally Incredible
>5 = Amazing / Superb
>4 = Great
>3 = Good
>2 = Ok / Meh
>1 = Bad
>0 = Horrible

1954 / Kotm === 4
Raids Again === 3
Rodan === 3
Mothra === 2
Vs Kong ===1
Vs Mothra === 4
3 Headed Monster === 3
Monster Zero === 3
Vs Sea Monster === 3
Son of Godzilla === 3
Destroy All Monsters === 3
Revenge === low 1
Vs Hedorah === low 4
Vs Gigan === 3
Vs Megalon === 2
Vs Mechagodzilla === high 3
Terror of Mechagodzilla === 4
1984 === 4
Vs Biollante === high 4
Vs King Ghidorah === 4
Vs Mothra === 3
Vs Mechagodzilla === 4
Vs Space Godzilla === 3
Vs Destroyah === 4
1998 === 4
2000 === low 4
X Megaguirus === 2
GMK === 4
X Mechagodzilla === 3
Tokyo SOS === 2
Final Wars === low 4
2014 === 4

Gamera the Invincible === low 3
Gamera vs Baragon === low 4
Gamera vs Gyaos === 3
Destroy All Planets === 1
Gamera vs Gurion === 1
Gamera vs Jiger === 2
Gamera vs Zigra === haven't seen
Gamera Super Monster === haven't seen
Gamera Guardian === 4
Gamera 2 === 4
Gamera 3 === high 4
>>
File: STOP.png (205KB, 393x223px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.png
205KB, 393x223px
>>14461260
The whole time I wanted to do to it like I did with my friend's(His idea) Furby, Microwave.
>>
>>14463037
>>14463048
To think that Shin-Chan's show didn't even have a dedicated sub project until this year.
>>
File: 1467893355874.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1467893355874.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
>>14463806
>Shin Godzilla vs Shin Getter Robo.
>>
>>14463214
>rating DAM lower then 98.
>>
>>14464104
I don't agree with the scoring, but DAM never impressed me, even as a child.
It was always this movie that was long and dragged out that featured my favorite monsters, but the only highlight was the final battle.
>>
>>14464135
You didn't like finally getting to see the monsters destroy places outsidr of Japan? That rocketship the protagonists used was cool as hell, too.
>>
>>14464177
When you put it that way it should've been an exciting moment(s), but it was just more buildings for monsters to destroy, nothing spectacular enough to make me go, "WOW".
>>
>>14463017
>Angurius, Baragon other kaijus and fucking VARAN getting their own origin stories

only if they're in brief summary
>>
>>14464177
The monster stuff was pretty brief and barely any satisfying. I saw the movie once, most of what I can remember is that the boring-ass human plot really dragged and every time a monster appeared, it cut away too quickly.

The last fight, while fun, wasn't a real fight but a gang rape, and only a few monsters actually contributed.
>>
>>14462751
I know a great deal about the G98 situation and what it was originally supposed to be. And I know about the difficulty selling the merchandise. G98 was expected to be the event film of the 90s, surpassing Jurassic Park, Star Wars, and Independence Day. It ended up making under $400 million. So leave your insults at the door next time.

And I think G14 apologists over-exaggerate the legacy of G98. There was a significant amount of hype surrounding G14 before release. Huge opening weekends in every market and only decent overall box office earnings suggests people weren't all that impressed by Legendary's offering. And Legendary's Universe isn't on the most secure grounds. Kong failing could really hurt the chances of seeing other movies.
>>
>>14464545
Fun fact:
The Varan and Baragon suits were in horrible condition, forcing them to be used in scenes of Little to no movement.
>>
>>14464574
Baragon got used one too many times in Ultraman.
>>
>>14464588
>>14464574
Strange to think that just a couple of years later, they would probably have had no qualms about using them for a whole lotta more movies regardless of their state.
>>
File: callingthisbait.jpg (298KB, 655x554px) Image search: [Google]
callingthisbait.jpg
298KB, 655x554px
>>14463214
>having a rating sytem that goes higher than any rating you use
>having hight and low ratings for numbers
>>
>>14443427
I REALLY want that Mothra plush. No lie
>>
File: 05.jpg (160KB, 640x1024px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
160KB, 640x1024px
Two possible new things:
>"An aqua tunnel in Tokyo Bay floods and collapses after a huge sound is heard, and the cause is unknown. An emergency meeting is held at the Prime Minister’s home with cabinet members, and the prevailing opinion is that the cause is an earthquake or underwater eruption. Only the deputy secretary thinks it could have been a giant creature in the sea. An aide doubts him (not sure here
) but when the shape of a giant tail appears with an ocean spray, the possibility becomes real."

Source: kisspress(JP)

>Concept of Anno general director has presented "Thin Godzilla" is "complete organism" . Formed by all creatures that live on the earth, but there is located in the top of the pyramid. All the elements related to the ecology, has been completed is set by all Anno general director.

Source: cinematoday(JP)
>>
>>14466121
Huh.

>>14464557
>Kong failing could really hurt the chances of seeing other movies.
If that happens, we'll only have Toho to rely on. Though that's supposing that Resurgence proves profitable enough and that they'd still be interested in making more. Considering how they've fumbled up the Millennium series, I'm not sure they'd be willing to go down the route of churning out further movies just to keep Godzilla in the public's eye.

>yfw we could either be witnessing a kaiju renaissance or the downfall of the genre
>>
>>14457929
>And Anno's ambitiousness has my attention. He is aiming straight for the top.

Haha, you're funny. There is no ambition behind Anno's simple-minded tadpole project.
>>
>>14443083
>goober look of Raids Again
>tadpole of Hedorah
dis gonna be good
>>
>>14463214
>Vs. Kong 1

Fuck you. That movie was off the rails silly fun.

Even Revenge is fun for kids cause its easy to understand and has more fights than any other movie. Even if it is stock footage.
>>
>>14464557
Hype because of the trailers and Bryan Cranston
Pretty much everyone still think about G98 when you're talking about Godzilla

"I know a great deal about the G98 situation" yeah I read the scifijapan article too, dumbass

Pacific Rim didn't do huge numbers either, we're in a time when there's plenty of blockbusters, capeshit and so on
The last international Godzilla release was G98, which was shown on tv for more than a decade 2 or 3 times per year, so yeah, G98 has legacy, and a bad one with that
>>
https://twitter.com/hccvjpe8dk/status/751679087333085184
https://twitter.com/hccvjpe8dk/status/751679263955226624
>>
File: 1467739450017.jpg (16KB, 311x253px) Image search: [Google]
1467739450017.jpg
16KB, 311x253px
>>14470802
I don't know who that is, but that makes me happy.
>>
>>14470802
Can anybody find this online or was it just in the cinema?
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 431x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 431x350px
>>14470802
>the American agent says Godzilla and THEN it's translated to Gojira
>>
>>14470802
>>14471151

prepare for the ruse cruise
>>
>>14443318
I've always thought of Final Wars as taking place in a timeline where every film is canon in broad strokes.
>>
>>14471171
Anno has two settings.
Ultraman and Ruse Cruise
>>
Should the /m/ banner in the upcoming contest reference Toho Kingdom?
>>
>>14471350
TK doesn't need any type of spotlight.
>>
>>14471151

will we get kaji 2.22 levels of engrish?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UN9GiMFWKPE
>>
>>14471738
@HccvJPE8Dk: I'd just like to add that the "American agent" is Ishihara Satomi's character which means her English is as good as you'd expect it to be.
>>
File: 5787384934.gif (948KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
5787384934.gif
948KB, 500x286px
If a comment Bob Eggleton made on Facebook is to be believed, the initial budget for Godzilla Resurgence was $10 million. Around the same amount used for the Millennium movies. All of them except Final Wars, which cost about $20 million. However, Toho has since pumped more money into Resurgence for the reshoots.

Honestly, I was expecting a slightly larger budget. But I guess they're trying to play it safe. Most of the Millennium movies only grossed slightly above $10 million, GMK at the highest ($20 million) and Megaguirus at the lowest ($10 million). Final Wars did average business but flopped due to its insane budget. And it's not about having loads of cash, it's about how you use it. Kaneko's Gamera movies were cheaper than the Heisei Godzilla movies and we know which ones turned out better.
>>
>>14472241
Don't forget inflation. $10 million today is the equivalent of about $8 million in 2004. If they account for the exchange rate in that number, then that's dirt-cheap.
>>
>>14443261
what
>>14443685
said, even some of the really shitty Godzilla movies (and there's honestly more bad than good movies in the franchise) are still really entertaining due to the sheer *lunacy* they sometimes exude with almost no effort.

Like, Vs. Spacegodzilla is barely a couple notches Neil Breen levels of competence, but I love it for exactly that reason.
>>
>>14471738

The funniest thing about that scene is that it unintentionally looks like the white guys are sharing the English-speaking audience's reaction to Kaji's absolute *mangling* of the language. It's gold.
>>
>>14472241
>$10 million.
uh oh
Godzilla's gonna have to stand in an elevator for a while
>>
>>14460518

>magic space furby urine

>actual plot point
>>
>>14464850
The Varan suit was fucking dust by the time 1968 happened.
>>
File: Baragon in the Comic.jpg (399KB, 1024x1574px) Image search: [Google]
Baragon in the Comic.jpg
399KB, 1024x1574px
>>14464379
They got their own chapters in the IDW comics.
>>
File: Kaiju Avengers.jpg (459KB, 1584x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiju Avengers.jpg
459KB, 1584x1224px
>Legendary won't do a fucking series based on the RoE comics.
>>
>>14472776

wtf are they fighting?
>>
>>14472797
Creature called Magita. Queen of an alien race of Kaiju called Trilopods. They sucked the blood of every Earth kaiju, and turned into copies of them.
http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Trilopod.
>>
>>14472776
I think Mecha-Gigan is either going the wrong way, or trying to do a Rider Kick with his tail.
>>
>>14472829
No, in the big brawl, he actually goes into space to fight an alien invasion fleet, then Jet Jaguar kills him.
>>
>>14472241
It's a Solo Movie, so I'm just expecting Godzilla to stand around about 80% of the movie, with 10% being tail action, and the remaining 10% being for Atomic Breath and etc.
>>
File: 73827837932.jpg (98KB, 1126x865px) Image search: [Google]
73827837932.jpg
98KB, 1126x865px
>>14472696
Yeah, not a lot of money. But I'll remain cautiously optimistic because Shinji Higuchi is handling the special effects. He did some pretty exceptional work with Gamera back in the 90s with smaller budgets. Another testament to his talents is Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo, as the the production budget for that short to be fairly small as well. Plus, the Millennium films were rushed. Toho seems to have offered its filmmakers a little more room to polish up this time.

Something else to note is that Anno said Godzilla's screen time in Resurgence will be similar to the amount the monster had in Gojira (1954).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzbpwg_giant-god-warrior-appears-in-tokyo_shortfilms
>>
File: pTdaScN.jpg (156KB, 640x617px) Image search: [Google]
pTdaScN.jpg
156KB, 640x617px
Purple Ray confirmed.
>>
>>14473115
Has the trailer itself leaked yet?
>>
>>14473115
Figures since purple is the evil color in Japan.
>>
>>14473110
So basically, less then the 2014 Godzilla. Are people going to complain about this too?
>>
>>14473115
>Shin Gojira has apparent purple beam.
>The Giant God Warrior also has a purple beam.
Hmm...
>>
File: 1449723077960.jpg (691KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449723077960.jpg
691KB, 1920x1080px
>>14473181
Probably not. One of the things the 2014 films did wrong was having Godzilla be part of the focus, while limiting his screen time as well. In a good film like the first, Godzilla is more of an event and the film is about how it impacts our main characters. Going by trailers it looks like that's what Resurgence will aim for as well, but that may not be the case.
>>
>>14473181
If he has as much screentime as he did in 1954, then he'll have more than he had in 2014. As long as they don't cut away to some stupid kid or shut a door in Godzilla's face the moment he appears I think they'll be fine.
>>
File: 944398893.gif (2MB, 352x263px) Image search: [Google]
944398893.gif
2MB, 352x263px
>>14473263
This anon here got it right. Human characters were the core of Godzilla (2014) and the MUTO were the main focus. Godzilla could be easily excised altogether without significantly impacting the plot. Combine the non-focus with teasing and small amount of actual time on screen and it's understandable why people were upset. Bryan Cranston's character aside, the human drama was overly serious and unmemorable. The lead wasn't interesting enough to carry the picture and there wasn't enough monster action to makeup for that flaw.
>>
This news comes from Jim Pluff:

Shin Gojira design principles

Collected from my rapid-fire quick translation posts.

>By all accounts, this design is truly to Anno’s specifications. Takeda says he could not have achieved this design without Anno’s guidance.

> The eyes are supposed to be dreadful like a human’s, which they consider the most frightening.

> Also, they say, opposed to the iguana-like GINO or the grizzly-like Godzilla 2014, they wanted to make a Godzilla that has broken through biology
 or something like that.

> The red coloring is meant to evoke lava. Anno requested something like “painful-looking blood or magma” That’s why the redness underneath appears as though it were lava flowing under crevices on a volcanic surface.

>Apparently from the get-go, one of their design principles was “A Godzilla silhouette a person cannot enter.”

> Takayuki Takeda says: “Everything Anno creates has a reason. ‘He doesn’t need to stay vigilant, so he doesn’t need eyes,’ etc. Therefore, the design also conforms to such rules. The skin’s look evokes goya (bitter melon). He asked for ‘skin that looks inflamed and decaying’ and with random warts close to a goya. When I showed him some goya grown at my home, he said, “Yes, this, like this!” and it was decided. (lol) We also revived the coincidental folds from the original rubber suit, but it’s not just homage–we also considered that, from low angles, it might look ‘flabby’.
>>
>>14473331
It's structured a lot like the 70s films in that regard, but the human story is boring and the cutaways/Godzilla spending much of the movie swimming like a crocodile instead of the classic wading posture just minimized what presence Godzilla did have in the movie.

I actually liked the idea of seeing monster coverage on the news and the scene where you hear all the 911 calls over footage of the destruction left in the FeMuto's wake was one of my favorite scenes. More small stuff like that instead of "Let's have Ford's wife send their son off alone on a schoolbus so we can have them in different spots to see the monsters come into the city" would have gone a long way.
>>
>>14473432
That's cool and all, but I still expect a In story reason, Anno.
>>
>>14464104
Guy that made that list here.
DAM was one of the last G films I saw and honestly I didn't feel all that special.
98 I think is a genuinely great monster movie, just a iffy Godzilla film.

>>14465231
That is my general rating system for any film I see. And no G film goes to the top as much as I love them.

>>14467682
>Fuck you. That movie was off the rails silly fun.
2nd worst Godzilla suit of the series (first is son of G)
Horrible Kong Suit
Some of the worst props and sets of the Showa era.
I don't enjoy camp most of the time.
Best scene in the film is the octopus attack DESU
>>
So has there also been any updates on if this is still getting a US release?
>>
>>14473442
The Showa Era movies did it better. First, the characters were much more interesting than the ones in G14. Quirky personalities and energy over dull, empty drama with no depth. Secondly, the films were shorter . Edwards and friends increased the running time of the movie itself without also adjusting the amount of monster action. And when Godzilla was onscreen, he was onscreen. No teasing nonsense.
>>
File: 26697457081_fa4441e7f1_h.jpg (532KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
26697457081_fa4441e7f1_h.jpg
532KB, 1600x1067px
>>
>>14473510
>And when Godzilla was onscreen, he was onscreen. No teasing nonsense.
>>
>>14473633

if he didn't have HAMBUGAH skin and tiny baby arms, it would be one of my favorite zilla designs.
>>
>>14473748

What if he roids out later and gets bigger arms?
>>
>>14473312
Godzilla in 2014 had 14 minutes of screen time.
Godzilla in 1954 had less then 12 minutes.
>>
File: Godzilla swimming.gif (2MB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla swimming.gif
2MB, 500x358px
>>14473442
Godzilla's swam like a croc before. Way back in 71.
>>
>>14473931
That's more of a dog-paddle.
>>
>>14443083
>shin-chan
>not shinji
???
>>
File: o0800080013645397858.jpg (84KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
o0800080013645397858.jpg
84KB, 800x800px
The Ghidorah suit on display in 65.
>>
File: wbt_1554902.jpg (348KB, 1628x832px) Image search: [Google]
wbt_1554902.jpg
348KB, 1628x832px
>>
File: ghidorah1_original.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ghidorah1_original.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: GVKG_-_King_Ghidorah.jpg (870KB, 1287x1515px) Image search: [Google]
GVKG_-_King_Ghidorah.jpg
870KB, 1287x1515px
>>
>>
File: tumblr_npq6g3Rtz21u8qr43o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npq6g3Rtz21u8qr43o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x211px
>>
File: tumblr_n5soo8Qhxk1sp22ovo4_1280.jpg (653KB, 1268x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5soo8Qhxk1sp22ovo4_1280.jpg
653KB, 1268x1600px
>>14474085
>>
File: tumblr_nrjquomZts1u8qr43o1_1280.jpg (939KB, 1026x1526px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrjquomZts1u8qr43o1_1280.jpg
939KB, 1026x1526px
>>14474090
>>
>>14473997
He floats like a damn dead body in Godzilla vs Biollante in 89. He swims like a croc in the Dark Horse Comics.
>>
>>14473701
>A full facial shot of the title character interacting with humans and carrying a scene is teasing
TK spillage is contaminating the board again.
>>
>>14473927
And how long was 2014 compared to 1954's run time again? Think before you stammer anon, that's bbp levels of stupid.
>>
>>14474446

12/93 = 12.9% of the movie
14/123 = 11.3% of the movie

man you really showed him.
>>
>>14474477
Tumblr's right over there if you can't stand being proven wrong :^)
>>
>>14473927
Godzilla had 9:56 minutes of screen time in Godzilla (2014) and 8:44 minutes of screen time in Gojira (1954). Keep in mind that Godzilla (2014) is thirty minutes longer and treats its title character as little more than an afterthought.
>>
File: 23432342.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
23432342.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>14474414
I'm sorry, but is that not literally the exact same thing as the airport scene from '14 everyone bitches about?
>>
>>14474060
>moguera thighs
THICC
>>
File: ss2016-07-10-00h30m09s7.png (1MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
ss2016-07-10-00h30m09s7.png
1MB, 1280x688px
>>14475481
At first I kinda felt that it was a step back compared to mechagodzilla. But it grew on me, you can't go wrong with combiners.
>>
>>14475498
It isn't surprising, when you think about it MG must have costed billions of dollars and was destroyed

So I guess they wanted a cheaper mech
>>
Save the Earth any good? thinking about picking it up today. Roster good, gameplay, etc?
>>
File: teekay.png (33KB, 468x60px) Image search: [Google]
teekay.png
33KB, 468x60px
>>
File: 8N9aXv4.png (185KB, 2204x1398px) Image search: [Google]
8N9aXv4.png
185KB, 2204x1398px
>>14443261
>>14443318
Thank God I already made this chart two years ago.
>>
>>14475055
One's the first reveal of a never before seen monster that's part of the film's continuing focus on mystery. The highpoint of the scene is when we see the monster's visage and get more hints of its exact size, but the full reveal is saved for later, and the mystery and the people's reactions are still allowed to develop.

The other's staged like a buildup for a fight with two monsters at the scene, it reveals Godzilla in full, thereby lifting the entire mystery surrounding him (not that there was much mystery to begin with, he's not exactly a "new" movie monster by this point), only to do nothing with him or his opponent whatsoever. The climax of the scene comes off as a bait-and-switch gag, making the scene unintentionally comical.
>>
>>14457435
>>14457449
>>14457477
Ghidorah was originally meant to be in G2014, he would've landed in the arctic and taken the same place as the Femuto in that bunker, kept in hibernation. They ditched that plot because it was the same as Megatron in the first Transformers movie. Ghidorah was also meant to be in an end credits scene where he was buried in the moon.
>>
>>14443318
>>14476285
You guys mind if I upload these to the /m/ booru for future reference?
>>
>>14476308
Sure thing man. I'm going to be updating >>14476285 with each Legendary movie we get, and Shin-Gojira too. Does that have a place in the continuity yet? I've heard it's its own thing.
>>
Found all the Gamera movies in a like a Euro dollar store
I have all the movies on DVD for like 12 euros
FEELS SO GOOD

Currently watching Gamera vs Gyaos
>>
File: 1444328656180.jpg (63KB, 637x264px) Image search: [Google]
1444328656180.jpg
63KB, 637x264px
>>14476452
speaking of gamera, did anything come out of the trailer for a new gamera movie? that shit looked really good
>>
>>14444422
Everyone who died in the Pacific War, this was stated explicitly. Similar to how the US may of used atomic weapons against Japan but Godzilla '54 was meant to represent the consequences of continued nuclear exploitation, which humanity as a whole was guilty of.
>>
>>14450719
underrated post
>>
>>14450201
Anno tends to be very overlooked for his human drama, some of my favorite moments in Gunbuster/Eva was those tense moments between characters when a crisis looms. I don't know know most of the actors involved but I can see Anno getting the most out of a fraught military situation with political ramifications. Sure it may lack in a monster mash but the unease and fear will be palpable.

I hope
>>
>>14473115
Fuck, trailer when?
>>
>>14476493
http://www.gamera-50th.jp/
Here's the website for it.
>>
>>14475055
The first we 'see' Godzilla in 1954 is of a fishing boat blowing the fuck up. No body part. Just his roar.
>>
>>14476493
it has a nice balance between suit and CGI
>>
>>14478317
Not at all, it's just CGI
>>
>>14455387
Wow that was excellent. If Shin Goji comes across with a similar pathos and dynamic that was displayed there then I have a bit more hope for the final result.
>>
>>14455387
That was perfect. I got the chills.
>>
>>14476896
Apparently it was shown to only a small group, so odds of it leaking are very small.

Though at this point and with the recreations that have been made, we're better off waiting until 22nd with the Shin vs Shin, and then 29th.
>>
>>14480140
>Apparently it was shown to only a small group
Why do you read shit articles written by retards?

It's in all theatres in Japan shown for all movies. I saw it before Independence Day.
>>
File: 5678995321568900.jpg (110KB, 640x716px) Image search: [Google]
5678995321568900.jpg
110KB, 640x716px
About the purple atomic breath...
>>
File: main.jpg (85KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
85KB, 640x384px
>>14480588
Cant say I'm surprised.
>>
>>14480588
So we can go back to trusting the image in the OP?
>>
>>14480661
100%

Can't wait to see the butthurt people who wanted a Purple beam.
>>
>>14463214
>0 to 6
...Why?
>>
File: 899772235799865.jpg (178KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
899772235799865.jpg
178KB, 960x960px
>>14480661
Less than three weeks left before Godzilla Resurgence hits theaters. Our questions will be answered shortly afterwards, assuming things don't leak beforehand. I'm curious to see how accurate some of the rumors were or if Toho succeeded in maintaining their secrets. There has been talk of dull human drama, red seas, absorbing life, a train loaded with explosives, reshoots, tadpoles, and the infamous Judas stuff. Plus there is still the Kaiju A and Kaiju B mystery. Are they other monsters? Different forms of Godzilla?

And it'll be odd if Toho doesn't release another trailer soon. We've only seen like thirty seconds of Godzilla. I'd like to get a better idea of the human drama too.
>>
>>14480588
It doesn't show a beam, it shows his mouth glowing purple. Nobody except retards ever said anything else.
>>
>>14480692
A few of our Questions will be answered with the Shin Chan Episode:
>Official Roar.
>Official Beam/Beam Color/Sound.
>Anything that's supposed to "faithfully reproduced" Shin Godzilla.

Then leaks should be out around that time.
>>
>>14480710
Is the roar from the first trailer not the official roar?
>>
File: otani_ko_1047.jpg (28KB, 346x504px) Image search: [Google]
otani_ko_1047.jpg
28KB, 346x504px
Rewatching GMK and god damn I really wish Toho would make Kow Otani the de facto go-to composer for the rest of the series in place of Ifukube.
>>
File: IMG_20160704_225750.jpg (96KB, 504x668px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160704_225750.jpg
96KB, 504x668px
>>14480716
Some people think it's a placeholder. They're expecting something more fitting for the design. And it would be weird if Toho went with a recycled roar after all the other changes made to Godzilla.

>>14480733
Let's see what Shirō Sagisu does first. So far his take sounds promising.
>>
>>14480733
>>14480748
The song he made for the trailer was better than any track in GMK, in my opinion.
>>
>>14443427
It's gonna suck but I want to see it in a cinema but I have no clue and hardly any hopes of it coming to NL so fuck me.
>>
>>14480748
Are we certain he did the music in the trailer? Granted it certainly sounds like work and is suitably fantastic, and if his work on Eva is any indication his work for Resurgence should be spectacular. I guess I'm a bit of a biased fanboy of Otani though. GMK is among my top Godzilla films, I loved the Gamera trilogy, Colossus is one of my favorite games, and Outlaw Star is one of my favorite anime
>>
>>14480588
Can't wait to see this retarded cuck's excuse
>I saw the wrong trailer
>I only said no BEAM I didn't say he didn't GLOW purple
>>
>>14480793
I just think that his techno-like music didn't fit the tone of the movie at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T1LB1WhKeA
I mean, GFW also had a weird soundtrack, but the film itself was crazy and weird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49PhT8z-IF4
>>
>>14480901
>I just think that his techno-like music didn't fit the tone of the movie at all.
Ok, fair enough but for me the small bits of electronic music aren't enough to offset the rest of the music, which I felt was spot on. The powerful brass for Godzilla, contrasted with the ominous bells and chanting for the guardian monsters, I thought it worked very well, even with the electric not really adding anything significant
>>
File: Godzilla84 Suit.jpg (1MB, 2132x1548px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla84 Suit.jpg
1MB, 2132x1548px
>Godzilla 1984 Suit...
I really like how the spines peak lower down on his back compared to other suits.
>>
File: Godzilla84 Cybot.jpg (544KB, 1172x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla84 Cybot.jpg
544KB, 1172x1198px
>>14481044
>Godzilla 1984 Cybot...
Body is blah & the eyes are way too big however I really like the mouth and lips that curl up.
>>
>>14480716
The roar from the trailer is literally the same roar featured on his wikizilla page. That is, one of the later showa roars.
>>
>>14481320
Yeah but they used it a lot in Heisei as well. I'm hoping they'd give ShinGoji a new roar, as I don't think the old one fits, but it's hardly inconceivable that it could be.
>>
>>14481404
I hope they use the 84/gmk roars.
>>
File: 4794398438043.jpg (236KB, 1280x899px) Image search: [Google]
4794398438043.jpg
236KB, 1280x899px
>>14481416
I don't think those roars would be appropriate either. It needs to be something unsettling. Human-like to some degree, yet still be immediately recognizable. Off the top of my head, there aren't any preexisting roars that matches ShinGoji's battered and beaten physical appearance.
>>
>>14481467
I feel that something like that Biollante/Ghidorah roar with that added guttural sound could work. Like take that concept and make it sound like Godzilla's about to cough up a lung.
>>
>>14481467
Out of the ones that do exist, I feel the original '54 roars would fit the best
>>
File: 32988322.jpg (191KB, 874x1200px) Image search: [Google]
32988322.jpg
191KB, 874x1200px
>>14481875
Yeah. I could see a remastered ShodaiGoji roar coming out of the mouth of ShinjiGoji. Assuming you remix as well. And since Gojira (1954) seems to be the main inspiration for Shin Gojira, it would be fitting.
>>
>>14481467
From the design alone, I imagine a roar similar to the original, with a more obvious guttural, grumbling, growling overtone, but with a sort of higher-pitched wail added to it that echoes across distances. Sort of like crudely dragging a giant boulder in a great hallway with a metal floor.

But it'd be good if we knew how he's gonna move like. The generic high-pitched roar fit that shot in the trailer where he flails his head around so fast, but that roar would sound out of place in all other shots where he's slow as fuck.
>>
>>14476118
Save the Earth is probably the best Godzilla game there is (so far?)
>>
>>14480588
So I guess all the nips on 2chan are discussing a fake trailer they all saw in cinemas?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>14482089
What are your guys' opinion on the PS4 game? I know a lot of people hated it but I got some enjoyment out of it, being able to go on a citywide rampage as your monster of choice. It felt like more of a Godzilla simulator for the more hardcore kaiju fans than something the general public would enjoy.
>>
New vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqHVkLe0hdA
It's fucking nothing, but there are some new music that could be on the film.
>>
>>14482888
The game was one of those games you enjoy by yourself and playing once a year(After beating it), pretty accurate to when it came to replicating Godzilla movies.

The problems I had with it was:
>Everything is extremely slow.
>The "Head Charge" ruined gameplay(As bad as Rolling in Zelda:OoT).
>The new "Music" was garbage.
>Being sold a "inferior" version of the game, then a new version(Gta 5).
>Each mission was, "Get the generator!".
>>
>>14484559
>>14484559
>>14484559

Fresh Bread!
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.