[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think they understood what was so wrong about Try and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: Gundam_Build_Fighters_Try_DVD1.jpg (78KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Build_Fighters_Try_DVD1.jpg
78KB, 353x500px
Do you think they understood what was so wrong about Try and will attempt to fix it in the OVA?
>>
Did it perform badly enough for Japan to think something went wrong?
If the answer is no, then expect more of the same.
>>
I think they misunderstood why people hated the build knuckle in GBF and attempted to fix it, so there is hope that they'll fix Try.
That said, my hopes are low.
>>
Considering they started on the path to fixing it in episode 25, the chances are pretty high.
>>
>>14439589
You'd need another 25 episodes to fix Try.
>>
>>14439799
It was full of haremshit and fights that didn't get finished.
>>
>>14439589
All it needs to be is non-stop fighting and gunpla shilling.

As long as they don't attempt any drama or romance again, it should be fine.
>>
>>14439849
>non-stop fighting and gunpla shilling.
Monkey paw logic will make it so it will be 24 minutes of chicken how are you destroying nothing but 00 suits and the main villain will be Exia.
>>
>>14439589
>another beargguy
>yuuma gets a boring backpack
>more 00 suits
They didnt learn shit
>>
>>14439994
>00 team gets another 00 unit
Color me surprised.
>>
>>14439994
Don't blame them dear anon. Those three are what Japan wanted and they just pandered to the slant eyed cloven feet freaks.

Blame Japan for their AS USUAL shit taste
>>
I said this before but they better have Gyanko in anything other than her uniform.
>>
>>14440054
Though the execs are Japanese what they want and what they have mandated do not represent what Japan wants.

Asian high-business practices at work: They believe that everything they say is correct, don't do any market research, fail (or fall short of expectations), then either blindly try again or blame everyone else while packing up shop.
>>
3v3 was a cool gimmick that would've led to more variety in the enemy gunpla, instead we got too many lame team themes. Worst being, probably the SD shitters.
I think we also need more variety in general, I loved the old guy with the F91 in GBF, I think the build series should be a celebration of the franchise as a whole, instead of specific parts of it. Too much Seed and 00 shit.
>>
>>14440150
Just have Gyanko be the mc.
>>
>>14439599
>we get people didn't like build knuckle we'll try to fix it this time
>main suit's combat style is nothing but build knuckle
Japanese execs are weird.
>>
>>14439589
What's wrong was there was not enough Hoshino
>>
>>14440429
After how awful she turned out to be I'd say there was too much of her.
>>
>>14439604
The last episode was fun DESPITE all the bad stuff surrounding it, it's just everything around it was nice
They didn't fix anything there.
>>
File: CgYayJaUkAQwebD.jpg (219KB, 839x1191px) Image search: [Google]
CgYayJaUkAQwebD.jpg
219KB, 839x1191px
>>
>>14440420
Well, I recall them saying that people didn't like it as a finisher so they would find a better way to end fights. So Sekai just used it to do everything. Didn't most of the staff change anyway?
>>
Did it sell enough flimsy, candy-colored plastic garbage? Y/N?
>Y
Nothing to fix, carry on.
>>
>>14440860
I would have liked if gyanko was Fumina's rival, it made sense why she would be early on.
They clearly known each other for a long time given how they talk in episode three or four.
>>
>>14440420
If I was to guess they thought people didn't like the Build Knuckle because it wasn't a suit meant for close combat fighting.
So they made the protagonist use a close combat suit.
>>
File: TOY-GDM-3053_01.jpg (64KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-GDM-3053_01.jpg
64KB, 532x800px
>>14439589
There's Gyancelot so that should be fun.
Other than that, I'm not expecting anything great. I feel that's the best attitude to have with anything Try related.
>>
>>14441767
That's such a backwards understandimg if what people were complaining about holy shit
>>
>>14441768
This thing gets more beautiful the more I look at it.
>>
>>14439589
Considering from start to finish all they did was try to force Sekai into as many frames as possible?

I doubt it.
>>
>>14439589
Not enough Gyanko?
>>
>>14442142
You could have an entire season based around her and still not have enough Gyanko.
>>
>>14442176
It's probably like potato chips, the more you eat, the more you want to eat.
>>
>>14442238
Coincidentally, that's exactly why Gyanko is so fat.
>>
>>14441079
That's fits under one of many very simple ways to fix Try: Establish rivals early and have them relevant throughout the series.

Another idea that I liked back when the "fix the series" topic was discussed into the ground and back was for Build Burning to take lasting damage at the beginning of the series and Sekai would have to learn the hobby to repair his unit. As he developed his skills, he would also develop as a character.
>>
>>14442259
>fat
Healthy.
>>
>>14442176
Gyandam build fighters R(-gyagya)
>>
>>14442238
Pringles does this to me.

I swear they put drugs in that stuff. Before you know it you eat the whole can empty.
>>
>>14442999
And yu feel like shit afterwards.
>>
>>14439599
Yeah, they said that and that they were going to have more episodes be like episodes people liked like Bloodhounds.

What we can conclude from them is that they're full of shit and hate us and went out of their way to make it as bad as possible.
>>
>>14443053

It's masochism, just like /m/'s attitude towards to shows that they don't like when it is still bitter over SEED Destiny after ten years and I fully expect /m/ would be the same for AGE, Try, and anything else /m/ dislikes until the 4chan is dead
>>
>>14443069
You have to love before you hate.
/m/'s hatred for Try is so strong because of how well liked S1 was.
>>
File: B1QeEUmCYAACK70.jpg (105KB, 534x1199px) Image search: [Google]
B1QeEUmCYAACK70.jpg
105KB, 534x1199px
>>14442282
>>
>>14443064
It was just made for non-gundam fans.
We were never the target audience.
>>
>>14440213
Those are the ones that sell the most so there is no chance they´ll fix it.
>>
File: 1441943761645.png (1MB, 599x1444px) Image search: [Google]
1441943761645.png
1MB, 599x1444px
Bring back Jim comfy sweater
>>
Weren't Shia and the blonde guy on Europe at the end of Try?
Why would Shia be around in the OVA with the cat gundam?
>>
>>14439598
It sold half as much as BF.
>>
>>14444712
Disc sales are irrelevant for Gundam
>>
>>14444425
They went to train with Lucas.

Maybe they're done now.
>>
File: 07Ph003 (2).jpg (678KB, 1600x1458px) Image search: [Google]
07Ph003 (2).jpg
678KB, 1600x1458px
>>14441768
The gold parts worry me.
>>
>>14446227
There's something called paint.
>>
>>14439598
Are you saying these people were in just for the money and Try wasn't a work of love?
>>
>>14442001
Yet he was absent from most of the last episode.
>>
>>14439589
If they want to sell chara-merch like bunny suit figs: then they could probably go a more pandering route. Or, they could repeat all of Try's faults for consistancy, and also focus on pandering but with a Swimsuit clad beach-time Gunpla battle. I wouldn't mind having less junk food and a little more meat though, but I expect bacon (junk food of meat with sausage as second most) to beef (actually good), which may be a bit too late and I'm a pessimist. The best thing they could do is make it fun, or have an exciting arc.
>>
>>14444712
But, how much did the chara merch sell? I could imagine the minifig box and Fumina fig like stuff doing well, but the general quality of the Super Fumina kit is terrible to look at for me. So, I have my doubts. Rushed anime generally sucks Bandai...
>>
>>14450589
Some anon said the Mirai fig did badly and was a shelfwarmer but you know, take everything with a grain of salt here.
>>
>>14450506
>or have an exciting arc.
It´s an OVA, they can´t have a proper arc.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.