[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freyja or Mirage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 14

File: 7b16h90g copy.jpg (1MB, 1200x1503px) Image search: [Google]
7b16h90g copy.jpg
1MB, 1200x1503px
Alright, /m/en. Macross Delta is around halfway and I assume by now you have your pick. Who is it?

Mine at first was Mirage and while I thought Freyja was annoying from the beginning, ever since the episode in which Hayate took her for a ride on the Siegfried, she's been growing on me, and she managed to win me over on the last episode over the flying girl thing.
>>
I believe in Mirage.
>>
I don't really like Mirage too much. Like I get that she's fairly nice to Hayate and now that there's one less pilot she should be more important, but it feels like she's a side character with the amount of scenes she gets. I'm fairly sure Mikumo gets more screen time, hell the fucking captain is more memorable and probably shows up on screen more than she does.
>>
File: 1466532629266.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466532629266.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 57470069_p0.jpg (1MB, 813x1300px) Image search: [Google]
57470069_p0.jpg
1MB, 813x1300px
Freya is the answer. But I like Mirage too.
>>
The one that isn't Ranka 2.0
>>
>>14433998

> I'm fairly sure Mikumo gets more screen time

I'm fairly sure you're insane if you think that's even remotely true.
>>
Been on team Freyja since day 1. Mirage is nice though. What's the point of picking one anyway? Pick for what? The one you're rooting for? Sure I root for the one I like the most, but I'm also hoping for good outcomes for the one I like a little less.
>>
>>14434031
I hope you're not implying Freya is anything like Ranka.
>>
File: 57591345_p0.jpg (143KB, 1000x1572px) Image search: [Google]
57591345_p0.jpg
143KB, 1000x1572px
100% Freyja. Completely stole my heart.

I like Mirage though. This is honestly the first Macross where I like both girls
>>
Mirage
>>
>>14434031
So Freyja then. Mirage is the one with the self-esteem issues, the lesser connection to the protag and is a Zentraedi. Like Ranka
>>
File: 57673090_p0_master1200.jpg (626KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
57673090_p0_master1200.jpg
626KB, 900x1200px
>>
>>14434031
The whole Ranka 2.0 thing is stupid as fuck. Neither girl really fits, just as neither girl is Sheryl 2.0
>>
>>14434050
The first few episodes were fairly idolcentric, hell she was in over half the scenes of the training camp episode. Mirage gets a rooftop scene every five episodes, stock footage of her being worried about Hayate every three episodes, and that one scene with the hug.
>>
>>14434088

> lesser connection
> Mirage and Hayate are both pilots
> They fly together, talk about first kills and squad member deaths with each other to help deal with these things and have saved each other's lives
> Freyja has a greater connection because of a song buff

Personally I'd say Freyja has the lesser connection, but she needs it less since she has less self esteem issues and has long since got over her doubt regarding singing.
>>
>>14434076
>Completely stole my heart.

this. like I said, at first I thought she was annoying and I even kinda hated the ed song, but that one episode in which she sings it while Hayate dances with the Sigfried made me start liking her.

having her jump off after him without any hesitation, just to give him strength with her song has won me over completely. I must have watched this week's episode around eight or ten times already. I can't get over it.
>>
>>14434122
>neither girl is Sheryl 2.0

hell, not even Mikumo is anything remotely resembling Sheryl. at least she stopped bullying Frejya.
>>
>>14434138
>because of a song buff
As if that's not the most important thing here.

Mirage and Hayate have a very good flight buddy connection but he has a much better connection with Freyja on an emotional and honestly quite physical level at this point too. Especially after the last episode when she goes full Fold Ghost around him. And while I get a real sense of comradery from Mirage, it's Freyja who I think he has he better rapport with. Like compare last episode when he says thank you to Mirage, hug and all, with how he has his typical banter with Freyja while making it clear his intent to protect her.

That being said, this is all kind of moot as Hayate has not shown any particular romantic attraction to either of them at all.
>>
File: CmSjC6TVIAEqY1H.png (107KB, 216x300px) Image search: [Google]
CmSjC6TVIAEqY1H.png
107KB, 216x300px
Girl needs stop making these so tiny. Sure she's a modern young person who thinks everyone on twitter is on it with a phone most likely.

But gaaaah, its so tiny.
>>
File: 1465545910514.jpg (99KB, 600x809px) Image search: [Google]
1465545910514.jpg
99KB, 600x809px
>>14434156
She's a proud mother hen now
>>
File: 1466812964914.jpg (55KB, 400x565px) Image search: [Google]
1466812964914.jpg
55KB, 400x565px
>>14434206
its funny that you of all people would say anything about needing to stay on /a/
>>
>>14434206
It is 100% factual that Mirage has self-esteem issues. It's very much the point of her character.
>>
File: Cgvppc6UUAAhcvN.jpg (79KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Cgvppc6UUAAhcvN.jpg
79KB, 500x700px
>>14434229
>more /a/ worthy behaviour

do go on
>>
>>14434194

I don't think it's the most important thing there personally, no. The fact he and Mirage talk about things besides songs makes me think he has a stronger emotional bond with her, while only talking about songs and his desire to protect her makes his connection to Freyja seem almost professional - a knight in a kite protecting his queen, but with no real emotional connection there as it were. Freyja seems like a friend because of it, while Mirage has grounds for something deeper because he talks about other things, things with more weight to them, with her.

And honestly, I hope it goes that way in show. Partially because Freyja seems like a more independent person, so her ending up on her own as a musician a la Minmei seems more fitting, while Mirage comes across as more inter-dependent, but partially because at this point I want Freyja and Hayate to become less inter-dependent, not more. She needs him being in danger to power her ruin, just as much as he needs her song buff, and having that buff allowed him to beat Keith with what almost comes across as ease. I want her to learn to sing without needing Hayate and him to learn to pilot without needing her buff and managing to beat Keith without using it through effort instead of buff. For them to learn to stand on their own and do their jobs without needing to prop each other up.

I guess that puts me in Team Mirage, but I'm less concerned with him ending up with her and more hopeful the story has Freyja and Hayate learn to stand tall. I guess them supporting each other could make for a good theme, but I'd prefer to see them not need to myself.
>>
>>14434256
>so her ending up on her own as a musician a la Minmei
Holy shit, I am getting really sick of this "well she should go off on her own to be a musician like Minmay" thing I've heard before because Freyja and the rest of Walkure are singers that are part of Chaos. Not idols meant for a higher purpose, because they are already doing that higher purpose, professionally already. That whole thing with Minmay does not work here the same way it would there because they are not the same situation.

>I want her to learn to sing without needing Hayate and him to learn to pilot without needing her buff and managing to beat Keith without using it through effort instead of buff.
But that's what the show was about. The very initial conception of Delta before it became the Delta we are watching today was supposed to be about a school focusing on the bond between singer and pilot. And they clearly carried that theme into here. Because that is what the story is about or at least that is a focus of the story, the bond between singer and pilot.
>>
I think the first kill talk was the only actual talk Hayate and Mirage had that didn't involve Freyja or wasn't actually about Freyja
>>
>>14434256
"Stronger emotional bond with Mirage" seems really pulled out of your ass to justify your preference. Nothing really gets Hayate going like Freyja's safety. Freyja actually talks with Hayate and asks him personal things about him and they actually interact outside work situations. I can't really recall a similiar scene with Mirage ever.

That said I'm not mentioning all that to say I think Freyja will win, I'm utterly CONVINCED that neither girl will end up with him romanticly. Instead all three of them will continue to grow an increasing appreciation for the others in the triangle, including between Freyja and Mirage.
>>
>>14434307
You're forgetting the talk about Messer's var symptoms.
>>
>>14434302

I'm not talking about her needing to be alone for a higher purpose though anon, I'm talking about her learning to not need him being in danger to activate her ruin and being able to do it at will instead. Or him learning to be a good pilot without her backing him up constantly. Both of which be good developments in my opinion.

As for the initial concept of the show, there's a reason it was just the concept I guess. Maybe it will stay the course, I hope not though.
>>
>>14434323
Oh yeah, but then again, that was about Messer not each other, plus Freyja figures it out at the end anwyay.

And wasn't that the episode with all the misunderstandings where Freyja sees them on the beach but then Hayate even says "we've got Freyja too"?
>>
>>14434320

Nothing really gets him like her being in danger. Except Mirage being in danger, like the time not-Bellri was about to kill her. At least if you're talking emotionally. Skill wise her being in danger doesn't do anything for him, but her singing does. So long as her rune is active at least.

>>14434323

And his death. Where Hayate saw Mirage standing alone brooding and went to talk to her. He's also talked to her about becoming better pilots in spite of Messer at least once.
>>
>>14433955

Freya is pretty great, but I think Hayate will end up with Mirage in the end.

Hayate hangs out with Freya a lot. They banter and they have fun together.

But when Hayate has a personal problem, or is having a rough time, he talks to Mirage about it.

Hayate and Freya are best friends, but Freya isn't the one he treats like a partner. Mirage is.
>>
File: mirage 64.jpg (286KB, 659x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mirage 64.jpg
286KB, 659x1080px
I like Mirage
>>
I don't think we'd be lucky enough to get harem end for two series in a row, would we?
>>
>>14434482
Frontier wasn't a harem end and believing other than "Sheryl won" is straight up denial
>>
>>14434424
>Hayate and Freya are best friends, but Freya isn't the one he treats like a partner. Mirage is.
That's like the exact opposite of how I think the relationships are. Mirage is the one he talks about anything with like a good flight buddy but Freyja is the one who he has the actual best relationship with and are linked quite very literally.
>>
>>14434488
didn't sheryl win in the movie universe?
>>
>>14434515
Yes. And in the TV-verse, she and Alto had sex and he was going to confess to her before she kissed him and said "later".

It was a complete victory on all fronts
>>
>>14434503
>Mirage is the one he talks about anything with like a good flight buddy but Freyja is the one who he has the actual best relationship with

Does not compute

If you can confide in someone then you clearly have a stronger relationship with them than you do the person you tell "Man i like your songs"
>>
File: Macross Delta - 06 - Large 08.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Macross Delta - 06 - Large 08.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>14434540
>than you do the person you tell "Man i like your songs"
But that's a gross over simplication of Hayate and Freyja's relationship. When I say he can talk to Mirage about like a buddy, I mean that like she is someone he trusts as his noble confidant. But with Freyja it's different. They can be themselves around each other, they banter with each other, they have a relationship that is something deeper than just friends, they completely get each other without even trying. Not to mention both of them supporting each other in their shared goal to live up to their mentor in the first part of the series. That's what makes it a stronger relationship.

Something like the VF dance in episode 5 with them both feeling the wind or Freyja jumping off the Elysion to reach Hayate couldn't happen the same way with Mirage, at least not the way they are right now. I mean, just on a writing front, I stand by that I do not think Mirage hasn't truly gotten her stand out moment yet. Even Ernest has one, so how can I realistically see the support for her when the show isn't giving me anything to work with
>>
>>14434535
I don't think we've watched the same tv series
>>
>>14434430
Before the show was airing I was all mirage,for the first few eps I was still all Mirage, but then Kawamori decided to be an asshat and not give her ANY decent amount of screen-time compared to Freya.
Due to this I only saw more of Freya and started liking her more, sorry my Mirage bretheren
>>
File: Macross Frontier - 24 - Large 21.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Macross Frontier - 24 - Large 21.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>>14434580
Obvious sex was episode 22. Almost confession was 24
>>
File: mirage 55.jpg (238KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
mirage 55.jpg
238KB, 1500x1500px
>>14434599

I don't disagree. Im really hoping she gets her moment later on because Im really getting sick of Hayate's song hax letting him just magically make everyone look bad.
>>
>>14434606
yeah that's been a problem too,the one time I was hoping she'd get development was when Messer said she does things too by the book and should learn to fly on instinct,
but that turned into nothing and it's like Messer said that as a throwaway line when it could've sparked some desperately needed development.

Also who was the artist for the OP image?
>>
>>14434606
The thing is Keith is too OP, as in, been training with VFs since he was nine years old, to be beaten with anything but hax. Especially when he can make his own song hax with Heinz like in this episode. Nobody was going to git gud enough to beat that.

No don't say "teamwork". They clearly tried that in the last episode and it didn't work at all

>>14434615
>I was hoping she'd get development was when Messer said she does things too by the book and should learn to fly on instinct,
They can still fit that in later
>>
>>14434606
Well, assuming it ends on 26 episodes, there's 13 left, so time is steadily running out for that kind of chance. If it'll happen, maybe it'll be sometime around the final five.
>>
Mirage. I really like Freyja but there's no way she can win.
>>
>>14434627
Let's hope Mirage is a late bloomer then.
>>
>>14434630
Making some serious implications there
>>
>>14434651

Let's say Freya wins.

She's dead at 30 anyways. From there we get a shot period of mourning and Hayate remarries Mirage. Everyone wins.
>>
>>14434709
>implying Kawamori would silver medal anybody like that
>>
>>14433955

Whoever has the bigger tits
>>
Freyja x Hayate

Mirage is too good for Hayate.
>>
>>14433955
Freyja.
>>
>>14434768
>Mirage is too good for Hayate
Other way around actually
>>
>>14433955
Freyja "losing" would make for better drama in my opinion.
>>
I think it'll end as Freyja x Hayate, then she dies of old age and then Hayate will shamelessly go for Mirage. Or some other windemerian girl. Because he's a playboy like that.
>>
Awwwww come on... The story writers should give mirage some chance to develop her relationship with hayato, now it's all student and instructor relationship. Its pretty obvious that mirage have feelings for hayato, so i hope hayato would realize mirage's feelings and maybe make a move?

Conclusion : I'm shipping for Mirage and Hayato!!!!!
>>
>>14439785
She can have whoever this Hayato person is. Meanwhile Hayate belongs to Freyja.
>>
File: mirage is idol.jpg (130KB, 1095x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mirage is idol.jpg
130KB, 1095x1200px
Mirage is cutest
>>
>>14440040

mirage would be best idol, if she were actually in wakure--followed by maki.
>>
>>14434722

Hey, he mercilessly shat on Zessica, what's to stop him doing even worse?
>>
>>14440072

Wasn't that Okada?
>>
>>14440040
>wu-tang, motherfuckers
>>
Main heroine vs literal who? Wow such a hard choice.
>>
>>14434138
Everyone (in the staff) in the event stated "Hayate needs Freyja the most", it's like he can't function without her. Mirage is someone he talks about work stuff, but when it's about personal stuff, he talks to Freyja. Freyja is the one who asks him what he likes or what are his dreams. Sheryl did the same with Alto in the show.

Hayate NEEDS Freyja, not Mirage. Mirage might need Hayate. Freyja is the only one independent in the equation.
>>
>>14434138
What exactly is Mirage "impact" in his life? Freyja gave him a motive and a purpose and helps him to realize his dreams and flies as he likes. Mirage couldn't do shit to him, the one who changed him to be more serious is Messer. So what? She talked to him once about the time he killed one dude, but after that, the one who made him feel better about Messer's death is Freyja: he was inspired by her example (that's why he was watching her get better) and her words about how much Messer wanted to fly with them. Mirage did accomplish shit and her saving him was completely btfo by Freyja's save in the end. You're kidding yourself Mirage has a close relationship with him, he calls her instructor, a sensei, this puts distance between them while Freyja and Hayate are on name basis and have a soulmate bond through fold (like Sheryl and Alto, and Shin and Sara) how blind can you be? All VAs in the Macross event stated Freyja needed by Hayate and the only reason why Mirage can even win is "Freyja might die." Mirage is such a fucking loser it's not even funny.
>>
Look at it this way:
Hayate acknowledges Mirage as his instructor, and she sees him as her student. That's an insurmountable barrier to love.
>>
>>14434323
>You're forgetting the talk about Messer's var symptoms.
You mean the one Hayate ended saying how amazing Freyja was, stood up and ignored Mirage's concerns about how could she be infected by var?
>>
>>14442413
It's not just that. Their relationship is defined by "admiration" according to the latest Delta interview thing. Mirage's feelings might be admiration, not actual love. You know, like Minmay mistook her feelings for love too.

The fan event pimped out Freyja's and Hayate's relationship too, foreshadowed Freyja's life is in danger. But they only have up episode 22 script just by the way Minorin speaks.
>>
>>14434515
Kawamori confirmed Ranka was a little sister to Alto. Ranka might be with Brera though, because he's adopted by her family and he ships them.
>>
>>14440072
He doesn't care about second heroines and femme bro pilots like Mirage or Zessica.
>>
The draft didn't have a love triangle, was about pilots and their idol girlfriends who buffed them and resonated them.

Hayate was going to be a taciturn and broody character, too. I'm glad they changed that.
>>
>>14442446
But Mirage doesn't have an Idol girlfriend.
>>
>>14442463
Mirage probably didn't exist.
>>
>>14442470
A world without Mirage would be a sad place indeed. No wonder Hayate was taciturn and broody.
>>
>>14442446
That sounds so much better
>>
>>14442446
>Hayate was going to be a taciturn and broody character, too. I'm glad they changed that.
Compared to the blank slate we have?
>>
>>14433955
Haven't watched Delta but that girl in the middle is pretty cute.
>>
>>14443365
Nice decision, that's a Valkyrie. She's best in fighter mode imo but her Gerwalk is great too.
>>
Mirage. I got a thing for elf ears.
>>
>>14433955
My top three girls are
1. Freyja
2. Mikumo
3. Mirage

Honorable mention goes to Kaname.
>>
Best singer: Mikumo
Most tragic: Kaname
Most fun: Freyja
>>
I like Mirage more, but I think Freyja is probably going to win.
>>
>>14447156
I just hope she gets a good end in a post credit sequence.
>Mirage quit piloting after settling her score with Hayate and started a career in a private clinic.
>Her family has grown to 6 merecats.
>Her aunts still vow to get her, married.
>>
Freyja is going to win. Watch that fucking ending.
>Choice? Choice? Choice? Choice?
>Error message, start over, with codename being the number of Freyja's auction profile
>Freyja shows first and lingers more with Hayate
>Hayate's Siegfried flies through orange and blue resonance fold rings (his and Freyja's)
>he arrives to giant Walkure destination and sets course to Freyja
>all systems in order ending.

It was a journey of him to Freyja.
>>
Freyja problably confess her feelings to Hayate in the last episode and then .....
>>
* probably
>>
mirage is obviously going to lose if you've been watching this at all
>>
>>14448699
Nice try Freyjacuck
>>
>>14433955
Freyja
>cute
>magical girl
>ultimately useless

Mirage
>has Jenius DNA
>hips that don't lie
>good color coordination
>>
Elysion is best grill, closely followed by Sieggy-chan.
>>
>>14450078

>Freyja
>literally buffs MC with power of love

>Mirage
>DELTA 5! DELTA 5! DELTA 5! DELTA 5!
>>
Freyja should get a dashing Windermerean her age. Someone like Bogue
>>
>>14450248
She's probably too old for Bogue
>>
>>14450078
>Jenius DNA

Her DNA is shit according to Kawas. Her father ruined her, she's a shit pilot without good genetics.

Freyja meanwhile makes Hayate an ace and saved the fucking day.
>>
Hayate in Messer Seigfried and Bogue in Keith Draken fight over Freyja. Roid orders Knights to capture Freyja.
>>
>>14443365
YF-31 is pretty sexy.
>>14444444
>>
>>14450078
>ultimately useless
In what regard?

Cause in this franchise, what she's doing is the most important thing in the galaxy
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.