[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like it. But what exactly is the purpose of the Local Type?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 18

File: 345435435.png (3MB, 1492x940px) Image search: [Google]
345435435.png
3MB, 1492x940px
I like it. But what exactly is the purpose of the Local Type?
>>
>>14433312

A new model to sell. It doesn't need more reason.
>>
Well you got to support your Local Types. All these mom and pop Gundams get put out of business when those big chain Gundams get built.
>>
>>14433312
one thing about new box designs, it fucks up how my stack looks
>>
Purpose/concept of the MSD stuff is conceps and plans that never fully made it to prototype stage of development. Something about the EF looking through old plans from the early parts of the oyw or something.

IIRC the local type was supposed to fulfill the purpose the GM ground type eventually did in gathering a wider range of data to benefit the future real MP line. But it got dropped when the RX-78-1 it was going to be based on got destroyed on side 7.
>>
>>14433312
Better off wait for the MG release that reuses that golden Origin mold.
>>
>>14433350
My stack can't fit in my closet anymore.
>>
>>14433404
Sounds like you are way past due to come out of the closet then, you gummy wankspout.
>>
>>14433312
Missing Link between the RX-78 and the RX-79 series.
>>
I want to buy this just so I can give it a GM head
>>
>>14433312
I'm getting this just for the visor eyes
>>
>>14433511
Visors are great.
>>
>>14433380
What was the difference between the 1 and the 2 then?
>>
>>14433312
I like the shield, it reminds me of that fuck huge gun the ZZ had.
>>
>>14433312
Wasn't this thing gray and black in The Origin?
>>
>>14433579
The -1 was the initial RX-78 meant to test if the design even worked. The -2 is supposed to be a slightly improved and refined version and was intended to be the one used for actual combat and data gathering because the -1 doesn't have a learning computer.
>>
>>14433312
It's a Gundam that's in your area, teaching bitches how to swim
>>
File: rx-78-1.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
rx-78-1.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>14433593
It doesn't actually show up in the ova or manga. Its an MSD.

I think you're thinking of the original rx-78-1 from the original msv series. This is the rx-78-1 [N] which is based on the -1 which in Origin is yellow.
>>
File: Rx-78-01-front.jpg (181KB, 441x618px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-78-01-front.jpg
181KB, 441x618px
>>14433630
Origin version of the same ms and the one the OP is based on.
>>
>>14433636
>It could've had kick ass backpack cannons and a cool looking prototype beam rifle instead of another bland ass machine gun

Fucking bandai
>>
>>14433649
Since it is based on the rx-78 it is very possible that the backpack is supposed to be swappable. If they ever made a hg origin -2 then you can just swap it yourself.
>>
>>14433312

It's for locals only. Don't even think about buying it, tourist.
>>
Why is this is coming out before an Origin RX-78-2?
>>
>>14434209
Its part of the origin MSD subline. Unless they animate the "bonus" flashback stories featuring Amuro and friends sneaking onto the side 7 military base the only time we will see the gundam is as a brief schematic during Tem's presentation in the final OVA.
>>
>>14433312
Physical bullets ar way cooler
>>
>>14433312
clearly it's some manner of Local Hero, not sure if it's the toku-inspired region mascots or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE8BsdZG2KM
>>
>>14434233
>the only time we will see the gundam is as a brief schematic during Tem's presentation in the final OVA

Has this been confirmed? Because I thought it would be cool if they ended the final OVA with the Gundam getting up.

>Gundam stands up
>it's eyes flash
>cut to black, flash the title, and roll credits

Would that not be the perfect way to end the final OVA? It would mark the end of Char's backstory and the beginning of Amuro's story.
>>
>>14434384
Yeah, you right.

I still tihnk that's its kinda stupid though how it's called GUNDAM the origin and the Gundam isn't even seen nutil the last 5 seconds of a 7 hour long series
>>
>>14434396
>>14434233
Well, they already greenlit the Lounge arc, so there's a chance we'll see Origin continue into MSG proper if it continues this success.
>>
>>14434461
*Loum.

Fuck smartphones
>>
I just like to think of it as a prototype Gundam Ground Type, as if the ground type was an already planned variation.
>>
>>14433636
This. The RX-78-01[N] was also yellow at one point.
>>
>>14434566
That's pretty much what it is.
Except the Ground Gundam is closer to a happy accident than a planned variant. They were building the couple dozen Ground GMs or so they planned on, and noticed they still had a pile of 78-1 and -2 parts they could use for stuff.
>>
>>14433312
Is MSD basically just a rebranding of MSV?
>>
>>14436933
No, because they're not changing anything about the old MSV line other than sticking new variants into the flowchart where there were none before. MSD is just Origin's line of variants with their own info and details like M-MSV or MSV-R. In the case of MSD, they're integrating Origin into the existing UC timeline by connecting Origin to 08th MS Team and other MSVs. See the flowcharts.

http://www.gundam-the-origin.net/msd/
>>
>>14433312
My UC is weak. Aren't Local Type gundams pretty much just fancy GMs and aren't as strong as the real deal? Isn't that why the RX-78-02 fucked up so much shit that Gundams were called the White Devil while in 08th MS team didn't really do jack for that reputation?
>>
>>14437121
Local type is some newfangled origin thing. Like a proto RX-79 on crack but worse than a normal RX-78 still. I think
>>
>>14437121
>Aren't Local Type gundams pretty much just fancy GMs and aren't as strong as the real deal?
We don't exactly know the performance of the local type Gundams yet. As far as we know, they're a developmental link between the RX-78-01 and the RX-79, and the performance is likely somewhere in between. The MSD line and the local type Gundams were only revealed a few months ago and haven't shown up in animated battles or anything.

>Isn't that why the RX-78-02 fucked up so much shit that Gundams were called the White Devil while in 08th MS team didn't really do jack for that reputation?
Not all Gundams in UC are nicknamed the "White Devil", that nickname applies only to Amuro and his RX-78 (both the -2 from TV/movie and -02 from Origin). While his Gundam's performance is great, Amuro becomes an ace pilot and pulls off a lot of the talented stuff that he does because he's a skilled newtype pilot. At the start of his story, he relies a lot on the machine but as time passes, it's his own skill that makes him a feared monster on the battlefield.

In any case, none of the Gundams in 08th MS Team were mistaken for being White Devils or inspired fear in their enemies, and yeah, they didn't do much to improve the reputation.
>>
>>14437121
It's a variant design of the prototype Gundam.
Unless I've missed another post, we don't even know if it was ever put into production.
>>
>>14436982
Rebranding was the wrong word, I guess. Regardless, you confirmed what I figured.
>>
>>14437154
Its an msd so it wasn't ever put into production. The idea behind MSD is the EF going through old plans from the OYW and DISCOVERing designs that never got past the planning stage.
>>
>>14437209
No, you're thinking of MSV-R. MSD is newer and is part of Gundam the Origin animation.
>>
>>14437232
I thought The Origin animation covered primarily Casval's backstory?
>>
File: RX-78-02.jpg (78KB, 736x824px) Image search: [Google]
RX-78-02.jpg
78KB, 736x824px
>>14437130
Yes, but no. The thing about Origin is that the majority of the OVA is entirely lore compatible with proper UC; the most you might see differently is the RX-78-2 gets an extra digit in it's model number and might have a few extra weapons here and there while holding it's shield differently (and considering Endless Waltz and the Master Archives, Gundam's no stranger to alternate versions of various designs.) Even the 0060's Guntank was reworked design-wise to make it lore-compatible with the mainstream continuity, and the Guncannon used before the OYW is clearly an extremely crude, anti-tank/infantry iteration of a mobile suit rather than a proper MS.

The RX-78-01[N] can easily work as a bridge between the RX-78 and RX-79 no matter how you look at it, and as >>14436982 mentioned, MSD exists as a bit of a patchwork connection between the OVA Origin and Mainstream UC.
>>
File: YMS-08B.jpg (190KB, 1200x758px) Image search: [Google]
YMS-08B.jpg
190KB, 1200x758px
>>14437237
The Origin (manga) is clearly an alterante UC. The Origin (OVA) is a prequel anime that details the events of Char's life pre-OYW and uses the manga as a reference, but makes some subtle changes (for example; the Guntank used by Char in 0068 in the manga is exactly the same one used in the OYW, but the Guntank in the OVA is instead an early version removed from the manga design, presumably to maintain synergy with proper UC.) The tie-in material tends to mimic the manga designs to some degree, but also ties into the mainstream continuity in very obvious ways (like the RX-78-01[N] and the MS-06RD-4 Ver. Origin, and considering the Loum arc just got greenlit for production, it's a very good chance The Origin (OVA) might serve as a sort of "Endless Waltz" type deal for the OYW (I.E. everything happens the same way, with a few subtle liberties taken here and there, and the MS get a few extra design quirks, gizmos, and gadgets.)

To their credit, they're being a lot more subtle about the differences than the manga was.
>>
>>14437237
Yep. Doesn't change that MSD is side material for Origin animation, though.

http://www.gundam-the-origin.net/msd/
>>
>>14437240
So yeah its a bridge between the 78 and 79 that exists now because of the origin ova. Pretty much what I said but with more explaination.
>>
そのガンダムエースは読んだよ、気のせいかなんか物凄く強いられてる気がした、漫画家に言うなら俺が送ろうとしてたのゾックみたいなゾゴックベースの重モビルスーツだから、あと送ろうとしたのはアングレッサーの方だしまともに送れたためしないし、送れてもシカトする奴も居るし、送っても同じもの寄こせと言う者もいる、人によって性格が違う彼らはまだいい方だ
>>
>>14437349
And a ching ching nip nong to you too, young man
>>
>>14437232
No I am thinking of MSD as well. I am well aware that it is part of origin. They explained the idea of the line a while back and why it was called "Discovery". The point is that they're digging up old plans from the time period Origin takes place in.
>>
>msrp 2000 yen
Why?
>>
How much prototypes you can churn out in half a year during a war?
>>
>>14438684
It was gonna be converted from an existing 78-1. It got blown up and they never built the [N] type.

It was just a Proto-Ground Gundam anyway.
>>
>>14433617
Don't run, you might slip.
>>
>>14437240
>extremely crude
It solved the problem of not being able to turn at the waist before the problem even existed, inb4 muh core block.
>>
>>14438780
Nope, sorry. The [N] type appears in the Cucuruz Doan manga.
>>
File: Its the wurst.jpg (97KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Its the wurst.jpg
97KB, 500x375px
>>14438684
>How much prototypes you can churn out in half a year during a war?

That's the problem with all these zillions of stories set during the One-Year War. There's simply not enough time in the OYW for the insane amount of MS development the Federation has done. And the amount keeps increasing! Every OYW sidestory adds more and more BS, rendering the original Gundam less and less important or significant.
>>
>>14439362
you say that, but zeon has developed even more variations than the federation has, and even bothered to mass produce some of them

>Every OYW sidestory adds more and more BS, rendering the original Gundam less and less important or significant.
what are you talking about? none of the sidestories have changed how much the white base has done in the war, acting as a decoy and wiping out all of the zeon forces it came across

few of the sidestories ever become that important either, it's usually "we had this other gundam but it barely did jackshit to affect the war"
>>
Another translation for the RX-78-01[N] could be "Municipal Type Gundam."

That being the case, I'd have ventured to guess that it's designed for urban combat.

However, its development reportedly led to both the Army Gundam (my name for the RX-79[G] Ground Type Gundam) and the RAG-79-G1 Gundiver.

Therefore, I suppose the basic idea is that the Local Type is for terrestrial use only -- sea, air, and land, but not for space or colonies.

I dunno. Best guessessment.
>>
File: ban959945_0.jpg (106KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ban959945_0.jpg
106KB, 600x450px
>>14439389
>zeon has developed even more variations than the federation has, and even bothered to mass produce some of them

The Federation first started their MS program in April of 0079, and their test MSs were constructed in July and August. The Gundam entered combat in September. Mass production of Federation MSs didn't start until October. The OYW officially ended less than three months later.

Zeon, on the other hand, built the MS-01 in 0073. The MS-05 was in production by 0075.

The Federation had 4 months of MS development and 3 months of MS mass production. Zeon, on the other hand, had six YEARS.

>what are you talking about? none of the sidestories have changed how much the white base has done in the war, acting as a decoy and wiping out all of the zeon forces it came across

Have you actually watched the original Gundam TV series? One of the central points of the whole story was that the Gundam (and -Cannon and -Tank and White Base) were constantly being ferried around the Earth Sphere to wherever they were most needed to be seen, because at the time those three MSs were -- as far as Zeon knew -- the ONLY three Federation MSs in existence.

But meanwhile, the Federation had twenty (20!) Ground Gundams digging ditches in Asia (!!!). And another 20-plus Gundams of various types running around having other adventures. That just doesn't make sense, and most definitely contradicts the very premise of the original series.
>>
>>14439503
>The Federation first started their MS program in April of 0079
Project V started long before the war and provided the basis for a lot of their MS tech.

>The Federation had 4 months of MS development and 3 months of MS mass production. Zeon, on the other hand, had six YEARS.
If you're going to claim the bulk of the Feddy MS variation development were developed during the war, then I should remind you that the same applies to Zeon. Zeon started the war with just the Zaku I and II, and also started development on everything else (other Zaku variants, Gouf, Dom, Gelgoog, various mobile armors) during the war itself. All of Zeon's newtype/marine/terrestial MS/MA tech was developed during the war, e.g. Acguy, Gouf Flight type, Dom didn't exist until after Zeon invaded Earth.

>One of the central points of the whole story was that the Gundam (and -Cannon and -Tank and White Base) were constantly being ferried around the Earth Sphere to wherever they were most needed to be seen, because at the time those three MSs were -- as far as Zeon knew -- the ONLY three Federation MSs in existence.
That's only partly true for the first part of the series. They weren't a special forces unit that went "wherever they were most needed to be seen", Zeon wanted to stop them from reaching friendly territory in Jaburo to stop the Federation from successfully developing MS. Afterward that is no longer true. The White Base was a decoy, but they weren't chased because they were the only MS force. They were chased because they had a fearsome reputation as an elite newtype unit and Zeon wanted to shut them down. The fact that there's a bunch of prototype MS running around doesn't make the White Base a less important target. Zeon barely fucking cares about a bunch of substandard machines in Asia, but they'll sure as hell keep sending forces including the latest newtype mobile armors and whatnot to take down the White Base that famously killed Garma.
>>
>>14439578
>Project V started long before the war and provided the basis for a lot of their MS tech.

Cite your source for this argument please.

>Zeon started the war with just the Zaku I and II, and also started development on everything else (other Zaku variants, Gouf, Dom, Gelgoog, various mobile armors) during the war itself. All of Zeon's newtype/marine/terrestial MS/MA tech was developed during the war, e.g. Acguy, Gouf Flight type, Dom didn't exist until after Zeon invaded Earth.

Again, please cite your sources.

And as for your third point, the G04 and G05, the Blue Destiny units, all that stuff... You're underselling all the other Gundams out there. I think you're doing a decent job at justifying all the retcons, but at the end of the day it's a shoehorn.
>>
>>14433312
Is this gonna get animated? Which ugly piece of shit Zeonwank unit is it gonna job to? A proto-Gelgoog?
>>
File: local.jpg (44KB, 394x234px) Image search: [Google]
local.jpg
44KB, 394x234px
>>14439410
No. Just no. Don't rely too much on what JimBreen's dictionary says. It cannot mean Municipal type Gundam. That isn't how the word is primarily used.
>>
>>14440333

U.C. 0078.03

The Federation Forces launch a secret mobile suit development program. Several projects are begun simultaneously as part of the RX Project.
>>
>>14434396
It's called Gundam because it's a Gundam production yah dingus.
>>
File: Gundam_Historica_04.jpg (2MB, 1500x1546px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Historica_04.jpg
2MB, 1500x1546px
>>14440333
Actually, he's half right. The Federation WAS sort of developing Mobile suits before the OYW, but was half assing it because nobody really predicted they'd be so effective on the field of battle. The development of the RX-75, RX-77, and RX-78 actually did begin (note: begin. Not complete) in the years denoted by their model numbers in passive response to the Zeon MS development. Project V started in April of 0079, and was essentially an effort to hurry along development on these mobile suits and the assault carrier that would transport and deploy them. The development of Federation mobile suits did not start with Project V, but rather Project V was the Federation's big, rushed collaboration between all their engineers to gather data and actually make the things combat ready, not to mention it resulted in the first fully functional RX-78-1 prototype on July 7th, after which six more were built.

Origin may change a few details here and there, and actually added in a shitty early version of the Guncannon that can just barely be called a mobile suit, but the actual progression of events is more or less the same in the OVA.
>>
>>14440349
Zaku, most likely, seeing as it shows up in the upcoming Doan Manga.

Though it may be the opposite; it may be involved in whatever incident caused Doan to desert.
>>
>>14434461
source on this
>>
what does the [N] mean?
>>
>>14441316
Episode 3 screening, IIRC
>>
>>14441316
Gundam info and Gundam Ace.
>>
>>14440510
Great historical information my friend. But do not bother because /m/ will most likely ignore so it may continue bitching about cannon fodder jims not being the titular mobile suit because this franchise isn't VOTOMS.
>>
>>14442623
That or they'll bitch about every UC Gundam series that isn't 0079 or post Unicorn being Zeekwank.
>>
File: 1462490404802.png (807KB, 1024x1178px) Image search: [Google]
1462490404802.png
807KB, 1024x1178px
>>14433312
Oh my, an Origin design that doesn't look like dogshit!
>>
File: Untitled-84.png (800KB, 736x1034px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-84.png
800KB, 736x1034px
>>14444912
Literally every single Origin design is 96% the same as the mobile suit it's based off of or serves as a variant of.
>>
File: 1364520569482.png (39KB, 337x144px) Image search: [Google]
1364520569482.png
39KB, 337x144px
>>14445073
>They got one safety nub but left the other
?????????????
>>
File: 1466563321529.png (1MB, 1587x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1466563321529.png
1MB, 1587x1600px
>>14445108
>Not using this
I am dissapoint
>>
>>14445073
those feet tho look like crocks or some shit
>>
>>14444912
>Origin line
>dogshit

ANIMEONLY cucks detected
>>
File: 5065303_orig.jpg (102KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
5065303_orig.jpg
102KB, 1024x577px
>>14434384
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D32reoeJtos
>>
visor gundam is best gundam
>>
>>14439503
>But meanwhile, the Federation had twenty (20!) Ground Gundams digging ditches in Asia (!!!). And another 20-plus Gundams of various types running around having other adventures.

Considering those other Gundams were limited to their respective operating regions compared to the White Base's hopping along everywhere, not to mention the performance of those other Gundams being drastically limited by their pilots in relation to Amuro's increasing, unrivaled abilities, the idea of many Gundams running around doesn't really bother me. So long as they're apart of the original MSV Gundam variations, anyway.
>>
>2000 yen for this
what for?
>>
>>14433312
It's just the origin equivalent of the 08th ms team ground type.
>>
>>14446146
No, it was actually intended to be "father" of the ground type, but it never make it.

Thats why they put in MSD logo.
>>
>>14445748
Extra details and double-jointed articulations.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.