[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Edgy Contrarian Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 17

File: ideon.jpg (237KB, 500x539px) Image search: [Google]
ideon.jpg
237KB, 500x539px
aka unpopular opinions

>Ideon TV > Be Invoked
>ZZ > Zeta
>Wing > Zeta
>>
>Jumping the Zeta hate bandwagon
>Unpopular
>>
>ITT: shit taste general
>>
>>14414139
>liking Zeta
>good taste
Pick one
>>
>Ideon TV > Be Invoked
Kinda same, honestly.
Be Invoked has a better OST, but not really anything special otherwise.

>ZZ > Zeta
>Wing > Zeta
Obviously

Also, Getta Armageddon is the best Getta.
>>
Reminder that, according to /m/, Zeta is practically the worst Gundam series there is.
>>
>0083 > 0080
>08th MS > 0080
>F91 > 0080
>>
>>14414188
Speaking as someone who doesn't browse Gundam threads, I don't think I've seen anyone place it lower than SEED Destiny/BFT/AGE
>>
File: lalahsucks.jpg (16KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
lalahsucks.jpg
16KB, 210x240px
I fucking hated this broad.

For no damn reason at all really. Her whole existence just annoyed the living shit out of me.
>>
>>14414122
Imagawa is a shitty one-trick pony hack
EVA Rebuilds genuinely aren't bad films, they just weren't what 4chan expected/doesn't hold your hand and spoonfeed you therefore we have to hate on them
Wing isn't bad
SEED Destiny isn't that bad either
AGE was pretty fun and entertaining to watch
Zeta is definitely overrated
Victory is the best Gundam series
0083's "writing flaws" are grossly over-exaggerated to the point that no one has ever brought forth a convincing argument as to why it has bad writing, only ones that heavily rely on "I didn't like it but can't really say why so I have to blame 'writing' "
Unicorn is pretty good, there's nothing bad about it that isn't present in Zeta or any of the other UC Gundam series
08th MS Team is just garbage, plain and simple.
>>
>>14414188
>One poll shows some Zeta hate
>All the others that place Zeta highly (also pre-2014) irrelevant
>>
>>14414426
We are slowly defeating the Zeta circlejerking.
>>
>>14414447
Stop being such a contrarian shitfuckin

Do you really think that? Have you actually seen Zeta? Did you hate it then, or are you 'changing' your mind because it's now trendy to hate things?

Your stupid fucking meming isn't funny, it's not 'cool', you're a bumbling idiot who's slowly eroding what little quality the /m/echa board has left. This isn't your little preteen playground for you to constantly shit up threads and act like a tough nigger, so quit it.
>>
Zeta is a great Gundam series
Macross Plus was a low point and just a nostalgia trip for most
Stand Alone Complex is still better than Arise
Using OP-Intensify is perfectly acceptable in the pursuit of making a core you like
Destiny and 00 S2 for being a trainwreck was still more entertaining than IBO
Macross II had some good designs
G is better than Wing, Wing is worse than X, SEED is equal to Wing, 00 is better than X, AGE is worse than G, 00 and X
Guncannons and GMs > Zakus and Doms
Gelgoogs > Zakus = Gouf > Dom
0083 is unapologetically pro-Zeon and anti-Federation
Beams > Bullets
>>
7>DYRL>SDF>Frontier>Plus>Zero
Shin Mazinger>Toeizinger>Mazinkaiser
Armageddon>New>manga>SvN
King Gainer was bland, boring and lacking in comedy
Mellowlink>the rest of VOTOMS
The Big O's second season was legitimately good
Obari isn't that bad of a director and people should at least watch Detonator Orgun
>>
File: orgun.jpg (275KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
orgun.jpg
275KB, 800x590px
>>14414645
>people should at least watch Detonator Orgun
My fucking nigga, Orgun was great.
>>
GitS SAC was so boring that it made for a great sleep aid.

0079 sucked outside of the first and last few episodes. All that fumbling around on Earth stuff was blah.

Toku isn't /m/ and should fuck back off to /jp/ and /tv/

I don't think a Gundam tv series ever needs a female MC.

I've never seen any EVA series/movie/books nor do I feel any need or desire to.
>>
AGE 3 >>> ZZ. ZZ is by far the ugliest lead Gundam to see the light of day. AGE 3 is a massive improvement over the original.

Giant Gorg is Nagano's best design, better than his L-Gaim and FSS stuff.

Destiny Gundam is a great refinement of the Perfect Strike. It's better than Freedom and Strike Freedom.

New Macross designs meant for CG are better than the shape shifting ones before them.
>>
>>14414122
I feel like Ideon TV gets a bad rap.
Before watching it I heard people call it boring, monster-of-the-week, inconclusive, and it was none of those things.
I still love Be Invoked as a nice addition to the series, but that's what it is. It doesn't stand on it's own very well at all, and that does hurt it somewhat.

I feel like people that recommend A Contact->Be Invoked are the same faggots that recommend the Gundam Movies over the TV Series for a first time viewing.
>>
>>14414122
>Wing > Zeta
You adults and YOUR LIES!!
>>
File: 1329471356587.jpg (70KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1329471356587.jpg
70KB, 960x720px
ZZ is great
Buddy Complex is great
>>
>>14414575
>G is better than Wing, Wing is worse than X, SEED is equal to Wing, 00 is better than X, AGE is worse than G, 00 and X
So
00>G/X>AGE/SEED/Wing?
>>
File: 1459438269570.jpg (456KB, 800x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1459438269570.jpg
456KB, 800x1414px
I'm pretty sure my opinion on Getter Robo designs is pretty contrarian.

Getter Robo Go > Neo Getter Robo > New Getter Robo > Getter 1 > Shin Getter > G
>>
>>14417572
I think New Getter Robo is really quite good looking and a handsome modernisation of the original.

I also think that Getter Dragon as it appeared with the darker colours and Mazinger style mouth grill in ep. 11 of Armageddon was really fantastic and one of the best Getter designs.
>>
>>14414510
Not him but I've never liked Zeta. It's mediocre as fuck. It's only a small step above Destiny.
>>
>>14414575
>Destiny and 00 S2 for being a trainwreck was still more entertaining than IBO
>00 is better than X
>AGE is worse than G, 00 and X
These aren't contrarion opinions, these are common sense opinions.
>>
File: Chance_go_to_jail.jpg (70KB, 452x260px) Image search: [Google]
Chance_go_to_jail.jpg
70KB, 452x260px
>>14414122
>>
>>14414325
>Victory is the best Gundam series
luv u anon-kun <3
>>
Unicorn didn't have enough newtype bullshit.
>>
>>14414325
>08th MS Team is just garbage
B-but it looks good though!
>>
>>14414122
/m/ is a good board
>>
File: dilandau.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dilandau.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>14414122
- 0083 is one of the best series in the Gundam franchise in story and mecha design.

- Pacific Rim and the first Transformers movie are proof that Westerners can do giant robot mecha better than Japan.

- Humanoid/bipedal robots are ridiculous and have no practical combat purpose in reality.

- G Gundam and Escaflowne are grossly underrated.

- Macross 7 was just a blatant attempt to push J-rock and has no redeeming qualities.

- Anno is a hack.

- Tokusatsu is not inherently mecha.
>>
>>14418959
>Pacific Rim and the first Transformers movie are proof that Westerners can do giant robot mecha better than Japan.
Can you elaborate on that?
>>
>>14418959
>- 0083 is one of the best series in the Gundam franchise in story and mecha design.
Not sure I'd go with it being one of the best, but it's an entirely worthwhile addition to the canon. Sure, it'd be nice if 0083 had pre-empted Zeta, even if only in a novel form, so that the transition from the OYW to Stardust to Gryps were a bit more smooth technologically and in terms of internal referencing. Seriously, I get why in 0080 Bernie gets away with saying he's from Sidney even though it doesn't exist (propaganda is a bitch), but surely a Titans officer would reference Stardust when and if they're called on they're douchiness.

>- Pacific Rim and the first Transformers movie are proof that Westerners can do giant robot mecha better than Japan.
I'll accept as good as. A pretty good movie and a surprisingly decent one don't put the West over Japan's track record.

>- Humanoid/bipedal robots are ridiculous and have no practical combat purpose in reality.
Eh, while power-armor and such can make an argument for itself, the standard Gundam mechs wouldn't work because of their weight relative to their footprint. Not to mention producing the parts for a modern car is challenging enough, so an MS would just be absurd.

>- G Gundam and Escaflowne are grossly underrated.
Yes.
>>
>>14418959
>0083 is one of the best series in the Gundam franchise in story and mecha design.

>It's a nostalgia>logic episode.
>>
>>14418959
>- Macross 7 was just a blatant attempt to push J-rock and has no redeeming qualities.

I like Yoshiki Fukuyama's voice, but that's not really a strong enough reason.
>>
>>14414122
i guess edgy has different meaning nowadays
>>
>>14417753
gundam in general need more newtype bullshit
>>
>>14418959
>Westerners can do giant robot mecha better than Japan
>first Transformers movie

now that's just shitposting
>>
>>14419013
Pacific Rim was pretty good on multiple levels, since it's a modern action movie that doesn't drag on the action and has good characters, and doesn't fall into the pit trap Godzilla does where there's so much focus on characters it's as if they're covering for a lack of budget.

I feel like the first Transformers movie could have been better, since the focus was all over the place and would have benefited from something singular, but it's still okay, at least.
>>
>>14418839
It is just ignore manchilds shitposters
>>
I don't think Zeta is overrated, and Victory is probably my least favorite Gundam series
>>
>>14418973
The designs and animation in Transformers and PR easily surpass anything that's been produced by a Japanese production studio.
>>
>>14418959
I feel like all your points are pretty much correct.

Not much else to say, really.
>>
-Zeta is great
-Macross Plus is a masterpiece
-Macross 7 is average but not bad
-M.D. Geist and Genocyber are flawed but great
-Gundam Wing is average
-Wing Zero EW>Wing Zero Katoki=Wing Zero TV
>>
Macross 7 is, at least as much as any entertainment media can be, objectively pretty bad.
If you don't like Macross 7 then you have no soul.
>>
>>14419144
Funny considering in the case of Transformers, both the design work and the animation ARE Japan-made. Otherwise I really don't think so, but as said, these are opinions after all.
>>
>>14414188
Reminder that according to /m/, G-Reco and IBO are the best Gundam series because they're new and not showa shit.
>>
>>14414265
She was a huge bitch in the series. For the three episodes she was in she made Lynn Minmay look like Duo Maxwell.
>>
>>14414122
the pleb shows you fags hate on are actually better than your outdated crap

>TTGL
>SEED/DESTINY
>EVA REBUILDS
>>
File: YE3jQYN.jpg (46KB, 702x480px) Image search: [Google]
YE3jQYN.jpg
46KB, 702x480px
I like the Toei Getter Robo series more than I liked the manga
>>
-Fujos are a good aport to mecha series.
-The Brave series is the worst mecha franchise ever created.
-Robotech is not that bad.
-HeeroxRelena is the best couple in Gundam.
>>
File: 1450821204206.gif (983KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
1450821204206.gif
983KB, 245x160px
>>14421767
>>SEED/DESTINY
>>EVA REBUILDS
>>
>>14414122
Gundam would be much better had ZZ (or at least its tone) succeeded 0079. Instead of Gundam being an edgy brooding teenage kid power fantasy with shit characterization that became the norm after Zeta, had it developed to be more like ZZ, Gundam could have been a fun lighthearted show with deeper characters and fun plots. ZZ is much more in line tonally to 0079 than Zetas obscene edginess. Gundam was supposed to be lighthearted and fun, and Zeta threw that shit out of the window.

Its why the more lighthearted series (0079, ZZ, Turn A, G and G Reco) are so much better than the Zetaesque tone series (Zeta, 08th MS Team, SEED, 00).
>>
Neon Genesis Evangelion is a masterpiece
>>
File: 1461479520713.jpg (7KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
1461479520713.jpg
7KB, 305x165px
>>14421442
>Funny considering in the case of Transformers, both the design work and the animation ARE Japan-made.

The original cartoons were. In actuality, the original series was produced by both Toei in Japan and AKOM in South Korea. But I don't think that that's what they're talking about.

The effects for the first live-action movie were done by Industrial Light & Magic and Digital Domain. Both are based in California. The designs on some of the robots paid homage to their cartoon counterparts, but the movie versions were completely original -- most of which look drastically different from the 1980s cartoon.

In light of the evidence, people that say "The live-action movie Transformers are Japanese" are either ignorant or trolling.
>>
>>14422200

Only if you don't watch the last couple episodes.
>>
>>14422152
>Gundam 0079
>Lighthearted
Did you just use the colony of Neo-Jamaica as a bong or are you just this fucking naturally retarded ? Also, did you really watch Zeta ? I'm currently rewatching it and it's the complete fucking opposite of a teenage power fantasy. Stop with this "only lighthearted cute anime is good" bullshit, or go back to /a/.
>>
>>14423226
There's a reason why G-Reco is praised so highly here while IBO is the shittiest Gundam this side of SEED Destiny/Zeta

>protip: its the tone
>>
>>14424471
>praiser so highly
G-Reco is highly praised by a part of /m/, but still remains controversial. IBO was shat on not because nothing happens and KUDELIA SUGOI. Also
>Zeta on the same level as Destiny
Now that's what I call a shitty bait.
>>
>>14419144
The designs in the new transformer movies are fucking terrible you're joking right?
>>
File: too edgy for mommy.jpg (65KB, 505x467px) Image search: [Google]
too edgy for mommy.jpg
65KB, 505x467px
>>14426187

Careful around those edges.
>>
>>14424471
>SEED Destiny/Zeta

And you were going so well.
>>
>>14426174
Every problem with Destiny is also present in Zeta.
>>
>>14426230
>how to instantly invalidate whatever the hell you were saying
>>
>>14414122
Mazinger Z has aged horribly and is hard to watch or read

But Mazinger US is great
>>
>>14414122
Seed Destiny > Seed
Destiny has a much stronger start than Seed, though both shows go to the shithouse before too long.

>>14414136
>Zeta hate bandwagon
You dope on a rope. Liking ZZ more does not in any way imply hatred for Zeta. Only Sithposters deal in absolutes.
>>
File: 1328031616268.jpg (140KB, 704x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1328031616268.jpg
140KB, 704x1440px
>>14422048
You're a man of taste.
>>
>>14417572
>>14417604
I very much agree with these opinions, specifically New being the better modernizations of the original trio compared to Shin. I realize that 1 will always be the lead mecha, but New did the best job of making 2 and 3 look competent and ferocious in combat.

That, and Benkei Mushashibo is the superior fat guy of Getter Robo.
>>
>>14431530
All three of the Dino Getter's forms are some of the best Getter designs.
>>
>>14418959
>- Pacific Rim and the first Transformers movie are proof that Westerners can do giant robot mecha better than Japan.

you'd better be trolling me here
>>
>>14431556
The dino getter's are sacrilegious, but they do look cool. Probably the only time a pterosaur will get top billing over a rex, and nice touch using a plesiosaur for 3.
>>
>>14431638
But he's right
>>
File: Megatronmovie.jpg (110KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Megatronmovie.jpg
110KB, 800x800px
>>14426187
>>14433663
Fuck off
Pic related looks like the conclusion of my late brothers drunken speed trip
>>
>>14434888
Hitler trips confirm, Kek agrees american mecha designs are dog-shit.
>>
File: 1466449945667.jpg (40KB, 864x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466449945667.jpg
40KB, 864x480px
>>14414325
>Imagawa is a shitty one-trick pony hack
Right
>EVA Rebuilds genuinely aren't bad films, they just weren't what 4chan expected/doesn't hold your hand and spoonfeed you therefore we have to hate on them
Wrong
>Wing isn't bad
Wrong
>SEED Destiny isn't that bad either
Very wrong
>AGE was pretty fun and entertaining to watch
So was Fate/Stay Night or whatever this board's equivalent is and we all agree that was bad.
>Zeta is definitely overrated
Right.
>Victory is the best Gundam series
Subjective
>0083's "writing flaws" are grossly over-exaggerated to the point that no one has ever brought forth a convincing argument as to why it has bad writing, only ones that heavily rely on "I didn't like it but can't really say why so I have to blame 'writing' "
Zeek
>Unicorn is pretty good, there's nothing bad about it that isn't present in Zeta or any of the other UC Gundam series
Wrong
>08th MS Team is just garbage, plain and simple.
Right
>>
File: vf-19s-battroid.gif (108KB, 644x900px) Image search: [Google]
vf-19s-battroid.gif
108KB, 644x900px
>>14418959
>- Macross 7 was just a blatant attempt to push J-rock and has no redeeming qualities.
>No redeeming qualities

Beautiful mecha designs say you're wrong there.

>- Anno is a hack.

I thought that was rather obvious given how Tomino shit on EOE (but then again Tomino shits on a lot of things he didn't make)

>>14419049

GM Kai a best
>>
>>14431638

Sorry to hear about stage 3 shit taste. My condolences.
>>
File: unseen moon.jpg (750KB, 2560x800px) Image search: [Google]
unseen moon.jpg
750KB, 2560x800px
Everything about Macross sucks except the designs, and Battletech made better use of those than Macross did.

Speaking of which, I like Battletech. Fuck all'a y'all. It's a good game, and what other /m/ books even exist?

Robot Jox is the best live-action /m/ovie ever made.

Toku is /m/, but Legend of Galactic Heroes is not.

Mai waifu not a shit.

Every Imagawa show sucks except for G Gundam, and to be fair I might be wrong about G Gundam since I haven't watched it since Toonami. Likely all of them suck and I'm just blinded by nostalgia.

VOTOMS is as good as /m/ says it is, but only for the first half of the show. The Quent and Sunsa arcs aren't bad enough to ruin the Udoo City and Kummen Jungle arcs, but they are a significant step down from the first half of the series.

The Federation holds a clear and consistent moral high ground over Zeon. The shit that Zeon does is far, far worse than anything the Federation does and Zeon's atrocities are sanctioned by the leaders and general population of Zeon, while the Federation's are always one or two assholes who are disobeying orders. The few zeeks who aren't horrible are either naive idiots whose idealism is being taken advantage of by space-fascists or people whose motives are completely apolitical. The true believers of Zeon are the few truly evil people in the Gundam universe.

>>14414764
But why? It's not even the best edgy reboot of Space Knight Tekkaman.
>>
>>14414510
You seem to be upset that people dislike the thing you like.

I've never really understood the praise people give zeta, everything about the show from the characters though the plot to the mechanical designs is astoundingly mediocre, I spent the entire series not giving a flying fuck about anything that was happening in the plot or what happened to any of the characters.

At the end the only feeling I had about it was disappointment that kamile didn't die.
>>
Newtype bullshit is an integral part of Gundam and I love it when it's used right. Encounters in Space wouldn't have been nearly as memorable without things like Dozles rage, Lalah and Amuro tripping balls, Chars anxiety over not getting to connect with Lalahs ghost at Aboaqu, and Amuro communicating with Whitebase at the end via telepathy.

If used sparingly, it can add an element of mysticism to Gundam.
>>
>>14435538
/m/'s equivalent of Fate/Stay Night is Eva. FSN feels like it's ripping off Eva in a number of ways, especially in the last (and worst) route.
>>
>>14435796
>/m/'s equivalent of Fate/Stay Night is Eva.
>eva has awful animation
>eva gets progressively more retarded as the series goes on
>Shinji's main power is asspulls
>>
>>14414122

CGI can be done well.

Toku is a fucking medium. Saying Toku isn't /m/ is long the lines of saying Anime isn't /m/ or video games aren't /m/. Or that anime is /m/, video games are /m/, etc. It's just silly.

That said, most of the Kamen Riders discussed on /m/ don't have mecha elements. For example the current one is about ghosts. And the Amazons series is about biomonsters.

Sentai and Power Rangers have mecha in them so they are /m/ (I didn't think would be a contrarian opinion, but apparently it is now.

Symphogear doesn't need it's own fucking general. Especially since it's not airing right now.

SRW doesn't need a general. Especially right now. Forcing all moon dweller discussion into a single thread filled with off topic shitposting and VF-Kun roleplaying about playing through old games is just asinine.

Garo definitely isn't /m/.

/a/ liking or not liking a show should be irrelevent to your own opinion on a show. (Or Reddit, or tumblr, or MAL, or animesuki, or even /m/)

Moe is not killing mecha. The anime industry is currently in poor shape, but moe has little to do with it. It's more of a symptom than a disease.

Super/Real is kind of a thing, but it's not the hard fast boundaries that people on /m/ think it is. Japanese charts often put a show in both categories.

There is nothing wrong with a tank or a helicopter being blown up in a mecha show.
>>
Char's Counterattack is a masterpiece.

Unicorn is amazing.

Destiny is great up until Kira goes full Jesus. Shinn and Durandal are both two of the most compelling characters in Gundam.

Seed was fine.

00 season 2 was fine and Trailblazer is fantastic.

08th MS Team is mediocre.

There's nothing wrong with newtype bullshit or UNDERSTANDING.

NGE is great and is hated here for the fanbase, not for the actual quality of the show. The same can be said for Gurren Lagann.

Stand Alone Complex is mediocre at best, 1995 and Innocence are the only pieces of media in the franchise worth bothering with.

Toku is trash and needs to get off /m/
>>
>>14440731
>NGE is great and is hated here for the fanbase, not for the actual quality of the show. The same can be said for Gurren Lagann.

this is not contrarian
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.