[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Sawano have a distinct style, or does he just copy/paste

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: xenoblade-chronicles-x-wallpaper.jpg (846KB, 1280x700px) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x-wallpaper.jpg
846KB, 1280x700px
Does Sawano have a distinct style, or does he just copy/paste the same three songs for everything he composes?
>>
>>14407448
Distinct style I'd say. Granted its not innacurate to say that within his little bubble his compositions are quite similar to one another, but his stuff's got great vibes I find. The differences within between his compositions are just less pronounced (but ARE there).
>>
How is Xenoblade? Wanted to try it out but other games came up and I forgot
>>
>>14407539
Chronicles X is a fine game. Skell stuff is definitely the best part, in my opinion.
>>
>>14407549
Eh. I like the skells, but I'm on /m/ so my biases are evident. If you look at it objectively, though, the skells just make combat a lot less interesting. No more secondary/tertiary cooldowns, very few skills/weapons that combo into each other, and almost no positioning-based weapons. There's still soul voices, but outside of that it really becomes a MMO "use each skill as the cooldown ends, then wait and repeat" thing most of the time. Skell combat was a lot less involving than ground combat was.

Still feels good to find those big-ass enemies that used to kill you on foot and smash their faces in with a giant sword, though.
>>
Sawano does have a distinct style, but his style is capable of variety. Just take a look at Unicorn's OST or some of his other, somewhat earlier stuff.

However, the current sounds of lets say Attack on Titan, Kek la Kek, or Xenoblade is what is hot for him. It's a distinct style, but you can almost instantly recognize that as Sawano. It's just that this is the sound mostly associated by people who know who Sawano is to some degree.
>>
He can do different style if he tried, it just feels like his record producer/employer won't allow him and thus he always end up doing that popular style that people recognize.
Maybe he just isn't as lucky as Yoko Kanno?
>>
>>14407649
I think he suffers from the same ailment as Yuki Kajiura. They both have a very distinctive style but usually go for a "sound" that it is easily reconocible for their OSTs. The only real difference is that Kajiura has Kalafina, which has her best material.
>>
He's like many artists who have range but once people find something of theirs they really like, that's all they want from them.
>>
>>14407549
>Skell stuff is definitely the best part

fuck no it isnt. I dont know what they were thinking but they dropepd the ball on skell combat. It's far more boring because there is very little need to wory about postioning or anything you do like while on foot. No ide ahow they didn't notice this because I realized it almost right away.
>>
>>14407741

Finally getting in the Ares and oneshotting asshole enemies that gave you trouble all game is so satisfying though.

Plus it's the only way to get more than 30 kills on the superbosses.
>>
>>14407448
He has a style sure, but that doesn't make him any less of a lazy hack.
>>
>>14407649
>Maybe he just isn't as lucky as Yoko Kanno?

If you mean "lucky" as in "lucky to have a huge team of researchers to look for music for her to plagiarize", sure.
>>
>>14407748
>Plus it's the only way to get more than 30 kills on the superbosses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g32U6TCubd4
>>
Listen to his earlier stuff nigga, Unicorn OST for exemple.
>>
>>14407759
>plagiarize
Is this an actual thing or is anon shitposting again?
>>
>>14407815
No it's just me. I'm the only anti-Kanno bogeyman shitposter who's been insisting that she's a plagiarist for the last 10 years now. Yep, me and me only.

Google search it yourself you lazy fuck.
>>
>>14407858
>It's on the internet you just gotta believe me!!
>>
>>14407880
>everyone else is retarded but me!
>>
>>14407897
>everyone else is retarded but me!
>>
>>14407922
No, I think it's just you.

Also,

> J.V.: I wonder where your inspirations come from, because you almost never listen to music?
>Y.K.: At home, I have no CD player nor minidisc player. I only listen to music at the studio, it's true. Regarding my inspiration, indeed, I avoid asking myself the same question (laughs). But I think that, paradoxically, it is more the pictures that influence me, that guide me. The problem is that I'm often asked to write the music one or two years before the movie is released. So I asked for them to send me "production drawings". My imagination does the rest. I tell myself my own stories, invent my own pictures, let myself be influenced by the things I saw and I think appropriate to the subject. For me, music is exactly like an illustration.

If you can't see the amount of bullshit in that answer, I've got nothing left to tell you other than what I've already said.

That is, that you're retarded.
>>
File: 1466320881818.jpg (5KB, 234x230px) Image search: [Google]
1466320881818.jpg
5KB, 234x230px
>>14407937
>It's bullshit because I just say it is! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: well-memed.jpg (71KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
well-memed.jpg
71KB, 803x688px
>>14407949
>>
>>14407922
>plagiarizing someone else's retort in order to defend a plagiarist

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>14407665
Didn't Kajiura literally reuse a Fate/Zero bgm for SAO?
>>
>>14408359
Still waiting on that proof.
>>
>>14408529
All her OSTs sound the same, an imitation of the .hack one. Her good music is only on Kalafina itself.
>>
>>14408537
Why would I show proof to someone who is deaf?
>>
>>14407790
>Blossom Dance build

Oh how am I not surprised?

You do know the stupid level of grinding necesary for that build, right? It's literally somewhere in the range of over 100 hours postgame to obtain that, a lot of that grinding you need your skell to do before.
>>
>>14409578

Also, that's the easier of the 2 superbosses. The other one is set to lvl 50 instead of 35.
>>
>>14407580
I do wonder though if it's because that's the kind of sound he wants to put out or does it have more to do with how much they're paying him? I suppose this goes for other anime composers as well
>>
I feel like his style pre and up to Unicorn is really good, but stuff like SnK, KLK, etc, get kind of samey. He's basically being typecast at this point.
>>
>>14409569
>I have no proof.
>>
>>14407448

Loud and shrieking vocal tracks describes his style. Also edgy Linkin park style lyrics with some random German mixed in cause that's cool yo.
>>
>>14407649
>>14407665

If he and Kajiura weren't signed to Sony Music I guarantee they'd be able to experiment a lot more and not just get slapped on every other project they sponsor with next to know turnaround or down time.
>>
>>14410324

This is a bit complicated but it's Hiroyuki Sawano [NzK] the Mika Kobayashi and Aimer vocal collaboration guy of Kill la Kill, Aldnoah, Guilty Crown etc. that is signed to Sony Music that we get constantly every season now and that people identify with his hype sound. Hiroyuki Sawano the solo composer is signed to his own group Legendoors. We haven't seen Hiroyuki Sawano the solo composer since Attack on Titan Season 1 really and somehow I doubt he's back once we get Season 2 which will be Hiroyuki Sawano [NzK]
>>
>>14410342

Also Hiroyuki Sawano the guy has normal track names, Hiroyuki Sawano [NzK] uses weird wingding things and bad puns.
>>
>>14407573
In my eyes, the best part of skells is the change in the sense of scale of the game. The giant world feels a lot more manageable once you get your first skell and some of the bigger enemies on foot become insects you can step on to kill once you board them. But yea combat in them is shit and it boils down to spam skills and maybe equip some lower CD equipment so you can trigger the cockpit cooldown reset for your bigger ones more often.
>>
>>14410302
>I'm a regurgitating fucktard
>>
>>14410446

plus now unscalable mountains are something you can actually bunnyhop to climb.

And I love flying. I just wish it didn't switch music tracks at the slighest hop.
>>
>>14411017
Burden of proof lies on you, buddy.
>>
>>14407448
At least as far as Xenoblade X goes, I think they did a good job making the field themes feel very varied. The problem is everything else (cutscenes, battle themes)
>>
>>14411179
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=yoko+kanno+plagiarism

Have fun, faggot.

>inb4 ITS NOT PROOF CUZ I SAID SO
>>
>>14411106
DON'T WORRY BOUT THE FUTURE IT'S ALRIGHT
>>
>>14412082

Oh I like OVER THE RAINBOW just fine, but christ game take into account I was flying for all of 2 seconds.
>>
>>14409627
It might be both. People kind of expect the Sawano drop for things.
>>
>>14412256
They really should have added different way to trigger flight rather than just the old jump button.
>>
>>14407448
Is xenoblade a good mech game?
>>
>>14411179
I remember some tracks in SAC that sounded exactly like Bjork. Same production style, melody, everything.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.