[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I need to watch the origination Getter Robo before Armageddon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: getter3.jpg (63KB, 350x499px) Image search: [Google]
getter3.jpg
63KB, 350x499px
Do I need to watch the origination Getter Robo before Armageddon?
>>
>origination
How did that happen, I meant original.
>>
No.
>>
>>14406417
Not really though a basic familiarity with the franchise or the manga will definitely help. Armageddon doesn't borrow much from Toei Getter but there's some stuff in there. It was the first Getter related thing I ever watched and I was completely lost during the first three episodes. Watching it again after I read the manga filled in a lot of gaps, but it's basically a weird alternative universe amalgamation of a lot of concepts in the manga and Ishikawa's work in general.
>>
No.

Reading the first arc of the manga will probably help though. I mean it has no real bearing on Armageddon's story, but it lets you know who those characters were.
>>
Go grab the manga if you want

http://getterrobo.blogspot.ca/
>>
>>14406403
No, since there's no continuity between Toei Robo and Armageddon.

I'd recommend the manga, but you don't NEED to read it.
>>
File: thinking.png (119KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
119KB, 320x240px
Mad science man makes robot that's powered by weird space rays that only mad science man and a few others understand. In order to use his robot to its full potential he needs 3 bad ass mother fuckers who are almost super human to pilot it. Getter1 can fly and shoot stuff with lasers, Getter2 is fast and has a drill, Getter is tough and can fling stuff in the air. They fight some dinosaur people and some demons. They get a upgraded version of Getter eventually called Getter Robo G that doesn't look quite as cool for some reason, but is stronger. That's basically all you need to know. Now go watch Armageddon.
>>
>>14406808
Yeah, this is literally all you need.

Dispite what >>14406482 said there is nothing to these characters beyond what you're gonna see on screen anyway so there's no need to 'prepare' by reading anything.
>>
>>14406403

If you want to suffer before watching a decent enough OVA.
>>
File: shin2.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shin2.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>14406403
Nope. Armageddon was the first Getter series I saw, even before I read the manga. I only had a basic knowledge of the characters, but I loved it, and it's still one of my favorite anime.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.