[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A few days ago I finished Panzer World Galient. I really dug

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: galient.jpg (569KB, 1381x1621px) Image search: [Google]
galient.jpg
569KB, 1381x1621px
A few days ago I finished Panzer World Galient. I really dug the level of continuity the show had compared to other mecha shows from the same period. Things like Gundam and Dunbine had far too many pointless skirmishes that felt like they were there just to have an obligatory fight scene in each episode.

Mardoul was also a great villain. great mecha designs, and Hilmuka was a cool supporting character.

Apparently the show was rushed but it didn't really feel that way to me. Everything felt pretty competently done all the way up to the end. The last 4 episodes cover a lot more ground than the earlier episodes but it still manages to competently explore the elements it introduces.

Only thing I don't get is Mardoul floating away and cavalry units being the main grunts instead of 2-legged mech. That doesn't make any sense.

How would you guys say it compares to other fantasy mecha series like Dunbine and Five Star Stories?
>>
>>14401382
I haven't finished Galient yet, but I'm almost there

Only other fantasy mecha I've watched are Escaflowne and Rayearth. Honestly, I'd say Galient isn't as good as either of those. I'm struggling to finish it because there just isn't much to it. The plot is barebones, the characters are all pretty one-note, and while the fights are cool and unique, they're not so interesting that it makes me want to keep watching as with something like Mellowlink

All it really has going for it is a unique setting.
>>
File: 009.jpg (44KB, 350x235px) Image search: [Google]
009.jpg
44KB, 350x235px
>>14401668
The fantasy setting was pretty weak compared to Dunbine, in my opinion. The show only had a few key locations and like 2 towns. It felt pretty weird that we never saw any other settlements or kingdoms.

Also our DVD rips are so fucking shit. These guys are supposed to be brown?
>>
>>14401685
Looks brown to me, m8
>>
File: lotr.png (742KB, 853x631px) Image search: [Google]
lotr.png
742KB, 853x631px
>>14402051
>>
File: galient_1280x1024.jpg (333KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
galient_1280x1024.jpg
333KB, 1280x1024px
bump
>>
>>14401668
>Escaflowne
>good
>>
>>14403400
I didn't say that. I said it was better than Galient.
Escaflowne I also found kinda bland, but it was very pretty looking and there was a tad more personality to the characters and political intrigue going on.
>>
File: c0024768_14435022.jpg (140KB, 480x696px) Image search: [Google]
c0024768_14435022.jpg
140KB, 480x696px
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.